Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Its a really good quest line to be honest you should try and get it done

Oh I know - and the line is essential to the story - When I did it the first time in beta the Cutscene hadn't been fully implemented yet, and I really want to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I went back and forth to it in between getting every other quest in the southern part of the zone done, going to my house, going to Thayd, doing the L37 Drusera instance. Every time she's still just standing there with nothing to interact with. Usually with a crowd of people standing by her.

I assumed with the server restart last night (which is what they say resets it) it would have been fixed, but nope, I was too late again

Hey, I think there's a dev post waiting in the queue to let people know there's a fix in the pipe, but in the meantime, I'll just let you know -- there's a fix in the pipe!

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I'm still trying to pick between tanking and healing (Engineer and Medic specifically). I don't suppose anyone who's done both roles can offer thoughts on which they found more fun? Might help me decide.

Dawg no offence but you've been all over the map in this thread on what you like and are hypothesizing on playing, so I recommend you just level an alt to 14-15 for all potential classes you might enjoy (seriously, it takes almost no time at all once you're familiar with the quest layout) and just play with things yourself and see what you actually enjoy.

I mean, answering your question in the best faith possible: A lot of people seem to hate tanking as an engie! Also, a lot of people really seem to hate healing as medic! Conversely, a lot of people seem to really, really get off on that poo poo.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Damnit, everyone on Contagion seems to be either a stalker or an engineer. Couldn't they pick a class I DON'T like? :mad:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
So I'm a spellslinger on Contagion / Dominion.

Literally only just got to Nexus. Finding the controls a bit of a tricky thing, to be honest.

How do you strafe?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

paint dry posted:

Damnit, everyone on Contagion seems to be either a stalker or an engineer. Couldn't they pick a class I DON'T like? :mad:

Just play what makes you the happiest man. There's going to be nerfs etc in every MMO and people will drop classes and reroll. The rule of the thumb is always play what class you enjoy the most, you're going to be naturally better at it anyway.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

WastedJoker posted:

So I'm a spellslinger on Contagion / Dominion.

Literally only just got to Nexus. Finding the controls a bit of a tricky thing, to be honest.

How do you strafe?

Q and E or hold right click and press A and D.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Noirex posted:

Just play what makes you the happiest man. There's going to be nerfs etc in every MMO and people will drop classes and reroll. The rule of the thumb is always play what class you enjoy the most, you're going to be naturally better at it anyway.

Yeah, I don't really care. I'm sticking with engineer.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

tehsid posted:

Q and E or hold right click and press A and D.

Holding right-click on the mouse while trying to move and activate abilities? I'll have to look at some remaps - or a mouse with more buttons!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Dawg no offence but you've been all over the map in this thread on what you like and are hypothesizing on playing, so I recommend you just level an alt to 14-15 for all potential classes you might enjoy (seriously, it takes almost no time at all once you're familiar with the quest layout) and just play with things yourself and see what you actually enjoy.

I mean, answering your question in the best faith possible: A lot of people seem to hate tanking as an engie! Also, a lot of people really seem to hate healing as medic! Conversely, a lot of people seem to really, really get off on that poo poo.

No offence taken, I'm a hilariously indecisive idiot at the best of times. Dunno why. :shrug:

On another note entirely, I just set up two-factor authentication, and dang, they don't let you actually type the numbers? Isn't that, uh, a little excessive given the nature of that factor? :psyduck:

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I've been trying to look for an addon that I can use to save and load skill/ability point setups on. I'm pretty sure I ran into something that does just that, but I can't for my life remember what it was called. Anyone able to give me some pointers? It's a pain to reorganize my skills for AoE, single target and various PvP roles on the spot so I usually just end up using a somewhat all-purpose build that can be used with minor modifications. It's not ideal.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Has Carbine said anything about the AFKers in Battlegrounds? it's utter horseshit that I can get stuck with the same 2 people for 3 or 4 games in a row who don't even leave spawn.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

This is what being an Explorer is about. gently caress paths :v: I don't want to explore something the devs meant for me to explore, I want to go places I wasn't supposed to.

Pffft.

I'm not even an explorer. :science:

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Pffft.

I'm not even an explorer. :science:

Scientist has you doing more legit exploring than explorer does, I think.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
This talk about running out of quests has me a bit worried, but I'm probably overreacting. I'm about to hit level 14, but still have about 1/3 of Deradune to explore (and finish quests in). I got kind of bored with the area / quests, so I hopped a cab to Illium. Should I go back and finish off Deradune, or am I fine continuing on?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

ryan_woody posted:

This talk about running out of quests has me a bit worried, but I'm probably overreacting. I'm about to hit level 14, but still have about 1/3 of Deradune to explore (and finish quests in). I got kind of bored with the area / quests, so I hopped a cab to Illium. Should I go back and finish off Deradune, or am I fine continuing on?

I'd at least max out rep with each local faction so you can buy amps off the quartermasters.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Anoia posted:

I'd at least max out rep with each local faction so you can buy amps off the quartermasters.

God no, you only need 8k/32k rep to unlock reputation AMPs, it's very difficult to level past a zone wihout getting at least that much rep. No need to worry about maxing anything. WRT quests, you're fine leaving Deradune at 14, Auroria is designed to be started at level 14 and you'll outlevel content in every zone by doing all available quests until Grimvault at 46. Might need to grind there, or fit in a dozen or so PvP matches between questing.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
What are some keybinds people have been running that they like?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Shukaro posted:

What are some keybinds people have been running that they like?

I'm going 1234TGVH for LAS options. Loot vacuum on Mouse 4, Ctrl+T for "use quest item". G is bound to "path action", whatever that means.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ryan_woody posted:

At 14 you should head to illum, then on to Aurora or whatever the name of the zone is east of Illum.

As for keybinds I change strafe to A/D and move the 1-3 abilities to Q/E/R and the remaining ones to 1-5. Class ability goes on ~.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Cyster posted:

Hey, I think there's a dev post waiting in the queue to let people know there's a fix in the pipe, but in the meantime, I'll just let you know -- there's a fix in the pipe!

Just logged in to a working instance - completed it, it reset fine so I then proceeded to summon an entire group who then were dragging another 10 or so people to complete it - it seemed to stay working while I watched, but I'm curious how long it lasts or if the issue is because there are so many people trying to do it at once

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Ihki posted:

I've been trying to look for an addon that I can use to save and load skill/ability point setups on. I'm pretty sure I ran into something that does just that, but I can't for my life remember what it was called. Anyone able to give me some pointers? It's a pain to reorganize my skills for AoE, single target and various PvP roles on the spot so I usually just end up using a somewhat all-purpose build that can be used with minor modifications. It's not ideal.

To answer my own question, found it, called Max Loadouts.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

WastedJoker posted:

Holding right-click on the mouse while trying to move and activate abilities? I'll have to look at some remaps - or a mouse with more buttons!

Reading posts like this is always crazy to me.

With the limited amount of abilities it's pretty easy to rebind strafe to A and D (you should never ever ever ever keyboard turn, so those are the first buttons you should rebind) and using Q, E, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 depending on your dexterity gets you most of the way there.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

On another note entirely, I just set up two-factor authentication, and dang, they don't let you actually type the numbers? Isn't that, uh, a little excessive given the nature of that factor? :psyduck:
It's a way to get around the keylogging stuff that was being used to get into WoW accounts that had authenticators on them.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Still heard nothing about why my account has been suspended or when / if I can even have the drat thing back. I'm starting to see why NCSoft has a terrible reputation..

Bashez posted:

With the limited amount of abilities it's pretty easy to rebind strafe to A and D (you should never ever ever ever keyboard turn, so those are the first buttons you should rebind) and using Q, E, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 depending on your dexterity gets you most of the way there.

I find the number buttons very difficult when I have to move simultaneously with ability use - in WoW and other less movement-centric MMOs it was fine, but here it's a finger-bending nightmare. Binding the first three slots to my mouse's thumb buttons (G700, has four buttons for the thumb - run toggle + 1,2,3 attack slots), 4, 5 and 6 to Q, E, T improved my game tremendously.

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 8, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dropbear posted:

Still heard nothing about why my account has been suspended or when / if I can even have the drat thing back. I'm starting to see why NCSoft has a terrible reputation..

NCSoft has nothing to do with it (most likely). There have been a ton of reports for people getting banned for no reason. Like if you "return to sender" a gold spam mail you might get banned.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bashez posted:

'Sup :smug:

Ihki posted:

Also, you can switch one profession to another free of charge every so often, think it's free when done max. once per 21 hours or something. In other words what you could do is go 1-50 by gathering as a relic hunter/miner, and then switch those two professions to weaponsmithing and technologist and have gathered the reagents to level both of them. The important part is that when you switch, you can always switch back to the gathering professions without losing any of your progress in those skills.

Wow is that actually how it works ? How... convenient. So could you technically level all skills and switch between them ? :confuoot:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Bashez posted:

I've not played long enough to figure out what feels comfortable....

Dropbear posted:

I find the number buttons very difficult when I have to move simultaneously with ability use - in WoW and other less movement-centric MMOs it was fine, but here it's a finger-bending nightmare. Binding the first three slots to my mouse's thumb buttons (G700, has four buttons for the thumb - run toggle + 1,2,3 attack slots), 4, 5 and 6 to Q, E, T improved my game tremendously.

....so thanks for this tip. I really need to invest in a multi-button mouse.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Fathis Munk posted:

Wow is that actually how it works ? How... convenient. So could you technically level all skills and switch between them ? :confuoot:

Yeah, I did that earlier. Swapped architect for survivalist, built crap to level architect till I ran dry on iron then swapped back to mining/surv while I potter around gathering more stuff.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

WastedJoker posted:

Train yourself to turn with the mouse and you will have gained a skill to serve you for the rest of your days. I find that binding skills beyond 6 to Q, E, Z, and X helps.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone know why my character model won't reflect changes in gear unless I zone or log out?

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Bashez posted:

Pretty much, I tried the whole "steer" thing but it just felt so unnatural to me and after playing for a bit it's really no problem at all to be holding down the right mouse button.

With the limited amount of buttons it should be no issue to find a good keybind for each one.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Bashez posted:

q,e,r,c, and then some mouse buttons to fill out the rest of it plus shift e, shift r, and shift f will fill out basically anything I want. I also use steer, so mouse 1 and 2 are spoken for, and if I need to use menus I just hold down alt. I even have enough mouse buttons that I bound a button to my reloadui macro just to make that easier. I guess if you don't have a good mouse you'd have to use the number keys, but gently caress number keys.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
If I take two crafting classes, will I be able to get double the crafting vouchers via dailies? I'm not sure if they only give you 3 per area, regardless if you have one or two crafting tradeskills and I currently have a gathering tradeskill.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
Rebind WASD to RDFG (D and G being strafe left/right). That way you have lots of easily accessible keys around your movement set. Even if you have to move your hand off the keys for some reason you'll easily find your way back because most keyboards have a little notch or line on the F key.
Having a few extra buttons on your mouse for frequently used commands (dodging/class ability etc.) is handy too of course.

That's what I was taught by my WoW rogue class officer :eng101: back in Ahn'Qiraj (or however that's spelled) and I've been doing it in any MMO ever since.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
Loving this game so far but they really need to change the taxi service. Rift has ruined me, instant teleport and no paths please.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stoven posted:

Loving this game so far but they really need to change the taxi service. Rift has ruined me, instant teleport and no paths please.

Wannabe Johnny Cab kicks rear end.

Exclusive
Jan 1, 2008

So I unbound Q and E for strafing and have switched to rclick+A/D. For others that use this control scheme how are you handling the strafe keys needed for combat when you are prompted to hold the buttons to break out of CC?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Use A and D for strafing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

49 and just learning about this: http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Combat#Moment_of_Opportunity_.28MoO.29

In other news, this fight against Megatron was... really easay.

• Locked thread