Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don't think these have been linked yet, but they look different and kinda neat if you're after a 28mm scale woolly mammoth or other ice age critters for an RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rulebook Heavily posted:

100 Dungeons Deluxe now has the normal, basic 100 dungeon PDF out for backers. Check your emails! Also included is the rad cover for the backer only expansion booklet.

Not only that, but if you didn't back it and can't see that page, you can now just buy it.

I haven't gotten my voucher yet. :(

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Check your spam folder/wait while the drivethru rolling email system catches up, and if that doesn't work get real super mad at Dagon for screwing up the vouchers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gotcha, my anger is queued up.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Check your spam folder/wait while the drivethru rolling email system catches up, and if that doesn't work get real super mad at Dagon for screwing up the vouchers.

As a second not-voucher-haver, I'm pretty sure Dagon may have screwed up the vouchers.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

Don't think these have been linked yet, but they look different and kinda neat if you're after a 28mm scale woolly mammoth or other ice age critters for an RPG

I love strange one-of-a-kind animal sculpts. Thanks!

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

gnome7 posted:

As a second not-voucher-haver, I'm pretty sure Dagon may have screwed up the vouchers.

Turns out it's actually DriveThruRPG that screwed up the vouchers. As ever, DriveThruRPG is a sack of poo poo.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That might explain why I got two vouchers for the Golden Sky Stories companion the other day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Toss me on the pile of "dudes who don't have a 100 Dungeons voucher"

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Yep, next attempt at sending them will be going out shortly.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, we discovered the problem. There's an arbitrary cap on drivethru emails which the publisher system doesn't tell you about even if you've input more addresses than it allows. Now that we know about the cap, Dagon's sending them out in acceptably-sized batches.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Asymmetrikon posted:

Turns out it's actually DriveThruRPG that screwed up the vouchers. As ever, DriveThruRPG is a sack of poo poo.

They really are. I had to send out vouchers 3 or 4 times for IW to get them all through, and some people still needed them sent individually afterward.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Maybe I'm just a complete dupe, but it seems to me like Level99 games is claiming to have gotten the actual rights to use Bruce Lee as a promo character in their War of Indines re-release. :aaaaa:

Edit: confirmed in chat. Awesome news for them.

Fix fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 8, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dagon posted:

Just got mine. You are spared my wrath.

This time.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Yeah, we discovered the problem. There's an arbitrary cap on drivethru emails which the publisher system doesn't tell you about even if you've input more addresses than it allows. Now that we know about the cap, Dagon's sending them out in acceptably-sized batches.
In theory you can paste in a bunch of email addresses separated by commas and have it send them. In practice at least on my system it just kind of stops partway through if I try to send more than 120 or so at once, and when it does that is when I find out that it actually sends them in the reverse order from how I pasted them in. Also they recently changed it so that coupon codes are tied to that email address, so I've gotten a bunch of messages asking me to resend to a different address.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Ewen Cluney posted:

In theory you can paste in a bunch of email addresses separated by commas and have it send them. In practice at least on my system it just kind of stops partway through if I try to send more than 120 or so at once, and when it does that is when I find out that it actually sends them in the reverse order from how I pasted them in. Also they recently changed it so that coupon codes are tied to that email address, so I've gotten a bunch of messages asking me to resend to a different address.

Yup, the cut off seemed to be 130, no matter if they were pasted in the comma separated list or uploaded into their new group thing. I ended up making multiple groups of maximum 100 names for each KS tier, and then sending them one group at a time. So far so good...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

While RFC 822 does not appear to define a character limit for header fields, in practical use the fact that the To:, Cc: etc. fields have to be parsed implies that Sendmail, etc. probably have maximums for how many entities you can include. Mass-mailer programs like mailchimp send hundreds of individual emails instead of trying to cram hundreds/thousands of recipients into the Bcc: header as a consequence.

What is inexcusable is for any online company to not have basic email functionality figured out. It has been a stable standard since the early 1980s and there are abundant, free, out-of-the-box solutions for basically every application imaginable.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Iris of Ether posted:

I love strange one-of-a-kind animal sculpts. Thanks!

Though the two sculpts look interesting, a word of warning. They seem to have no miniatures experience, haven't disclosed who will be doing the actual production, changed from 3d render hand sculpted halfway through, and don't seem to know what size the bases should be. Pledging might not be a great idea.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

PresidentBeard posted:

Though the two sculpts look interesting, a word of warning. They seem to have no miniatures experience, haven't disclosed who will be doing the actual production, changed from 3d render hand sculpted halfway through, and don't seem to know what size the bases should be. Pledging might not be a great idea.

mrghrhgh. I will put it on reminder. I really do need a wooly mammoth mini in my life.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Primaeval Designs has some. Iron mammoth also makes some good ones but I have idea how you're supposed to purchase them.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dagon posted:

I got my voucher but I am still very angry at you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

PresidentBeard posted:

Primaeval Designs has some. Iron mammoth also makes some good ones but I have idea how you're supposed to purchase them.

Mammoths and mastadons? :swoon:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I told myself I wasn't gonna back the new BattleCON but then I did, I have too many cool board games coming but this is basically tailor made for me and my friends.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

100 Dungeons Deluxe now has the normal, basic 100 dungeon PDF out for backers. Check your emails! Also included is the rad cover for the backer only expansion booklet.

Not only that, but if you didn't back it and can't see that page, you can now just buy it.

Sweet! I wasn't able to back this at the time because of some credit card issues, glad to see it came out so soon.

e: Not A Dungeon :roflolmao:

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 9, 2014

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

jivjov posted:

Toss me on the pile of "dudes who don't have a 100 Dungeons voucher"
I got mine today, probably after the re-send, and it's amazing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, mine showed up, sorry, just hadn't ventured back here to report as such.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fellis posted:

There are clearly only 99 dungeons in this book. I demand a refund. :colbert:

On the plus side, it does have this guy.

:buddy: :3:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

There are clearly only 99 dungeons in this book. I demand a refund. :colbert:

Don't worry, the bonus content will have you covered.

quote:

128. Holy cow, it’s actually a dungeon!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Fellis posted:

Sweet! I wasn't able to back this at the time because of some credit card issues, glad to see it came out so soon.

Not A Dungeon is definitely my favorite of the one's I've read so far.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm rather fond of the Puzzlebox House. The Seventh Guest had a strong effect on me as a youngster.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

New edition of Primetime Adventures up for funding.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

S.J. posted:

Have you looked at the rules for this yet?

Aheh, no. I just want the minis! They're free on their site, though, not backer-exclusive!

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 9, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Danoss posted:

Oh yeah, this is a fun one. Had a great one-shot with this system.

It helped that I was on a toilet break when a cat-piss player did his cat-piss thing so I missed it. But the system is great anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PresidentBeard posted:

Iron mammoth also makes some good ones but I have idea how you're supposed to purchase them.

http://www.ironmammoth.talktalk.net/imd/ordering.html

quote:

As our range of miniatures is only a sideline of our main business we do not find it economical at present to run a full webshop. As such, if you wish to order any of our miniatures, please send us an email with a list of the items you would like to order and we will send you a Paypal payment request.

Just FYI, so you can buy a mammoth.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Danoss posted:

Wait. for $55 he'll do a theme song for you? That seems ... cheap. And there's no limit.

Mehuyael posted:

Oh yeah, this is a fun one. Had a great one-shot with this system.

It helped that I was on a toilet break when a cat-piss player did his cat-piss thing so I missed it. But the system is great anyway.

What .. I just ..... is this part of the game or ... ? :confused:

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
New KS for Forge Wars, a combined area control/geometric puzzle plus Euro worker placement economic sim that Rahdo's gone all sloppy over. The game is already funded to the tune of 200% and is several stretch goals deep.

Fair warning, this is a first-time designer, but he seems to know his stuff. He legit attempted to recreate the Cones of Dunshire which makes him alright in my book.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Primetime Adventures is a hell of a game, you guys should probably back the new one.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

PresidentBeard posted:

Good point, I'll think about it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Zero posted:

Wait. for $55 he'll do a theme song for you? That seems ... cheap. And there's no limit.

What .. I just ..... is this part of the game or ... ? :confused:

No, it's not. It was just a terrible player being terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So this Through the Ages Kickstarter completely defies the intent of Kickstarter. As far as I can tell, it is pretty much just a clearance sale, but they don't even state the purpose of the Kickstarter anywhere. It comes off as shady, in practice rather than delivery, but I guess if you want to get TtA with a bunch of presumably janky games with it, then this is your Kickstarter.

• Locked thread