Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I long for the day of no exclusives and everything available on every device. Sadly, even with this DR3 news, we are nowhere near that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's been like this since the Megadrive and SNES days, just a constant war, a bloodbath.
It kills me inside to see gamers like this, at each others throats.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

King Burgundy posted:

I long for the day of no exclusives and everything available on every device. Sadly, even with this DR3 news, we are nowhere near that day.

It's true though, exclusives are anti-consumer whenever they're not simply limited by logistics. Multiplats are strictly better for anyone who isn't a platform holder.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Funkmaster General posted:

Yep, it is. Ran into it myself. Funnily enough, I found myself wondering if it was labeled differently in the PS4 version.
It was. I forget what they called it though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yum yum, Ambrosia!

I forgot this was Something Awful Dot Com and we are all deathly serious about video games 24/7. It won't happen again. :ohdear:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Max is a clunky but fun platformer; requiring you to draw things makes a lot of the game take longer especially once you've collected most things in a stage and thus have 0 use for alternate drawings. Spartan Assault is a neat idea that would have been good fun a phone but just isn't deep enough for a console/PC title. Co-Op mission 3 is also hamstrung by requiring co-operation/exploration in a mode which up until that point was just horde defense and thus is possibly one of the least fun online experiences possible with the average IQ of Bone players.

We all assuming DR3 and Crimson Dragon are the next games with gold Bone titles?

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Barudak posted:

Max is a clunky but fun platformer; requiring you to draw things makes a lot of the game take longer especially once you've collected most things in a stage and thus have 0 use for alternate drawings. Spartan Assault is a neat idea that would have been good fun a phone but just isn't deep enough for a console/PC title. Co-Op mission 3 is also hamstrung by requiring co-operation/exploration in a mode which up until that point was just horde defense and thus is possibly one of the least fun online experiences possible with the average IQ of Bone players.

We all assuming DR3 and Crimson Dragon are the next games with gold Bone titles?

Dead Rising 3 seems too big so soon. Especially when Lococycle is waiting in the wings...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Ryse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Don't forget Ryse.

Ryse is moderately fun when playing, at least. Word from all reviewers is Lococycle is like taking a bump of garbage.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, the eight hours it took me to beat the game were pretty fun. It was just criminally short. Thankfully I bought it used so was able to return it for a full refund.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buying games, beating them, and then returning them for a full refund is definitely a cool thing that I like to do whenever possible.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbwM0y-qhEM
:patriot:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Awesome! posted:

buying games, beating them, and then returning them for a full refund is definitely a cool thing that I like to do whenever possible.

Pretty much this. I legitimately enjoyed Ryse but gently caress paying 55 dollars fora game with so little content. Beat it in 3 days, played a little multiplayer for another few days and took that poo poo back. I do hope they make it a Game with Gold soon because I kinda want to play it again.

\/\/\/\/CoD makes me nauseous with poo poo like that.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 9, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Guyz DAY 1 COD DLC

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Barudak posted:

I can't imagine DR3 coming out any time particularly soon as a GWG title, since otherwise what will they sell to people who buy their kinectless XBones? Unless they do it as a goodwill gesture (here is a super fun game for free), but it doesn't seem likely.

Crimson Dragon seems pretty likely though. I hear it's a bad game but that some people like it. On the other hand LocoCycle is such a lovely game I think even the MS management might be aware people would consider it an insult to get for free (I would not pick it up even if it was given away for free in disc format, anyway). I can't imagine they want that to be anyone's first impression of "next gen" gaming--a racist, not fun game with PS2 era graphics. Peggle also seems pretty likely to get within the next couple months.

Edit: Would love to get Ryse, but it seems unlikely for them to give away a 'full price' game so early in the cycle. I thought they might give away one for the June "anniversary" of GWG, but nope.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 9, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
This is a really good press conference. Pretty excited for a lot of these games. MS needed this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Pretty much this. I legitimately enjoyed Ryse but gently caress paying 55 dollars fora game with so little content. Beat it in 3 days, played a little multiplayer for another few days and took that poo poo back. I do hope they make it a Game with Gold soon because I kinda want to play it again.

lol you really missed my sarcasm. it's cool though, if anyone else wants to admit to being a piece of poo poo please feel free.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Everyone shut the gently caress up about middling games and used return policies Phantom Dust is getting a sequel.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Awesome! posted:

lol you really missed my sarcasm. it's cool though, if anyone else wants to admit to being a piece of poo poo please feel free.

How is it being a piece of poo poo? The people at Gamestop tell you that you can bring it back for any reason, including not liking it or beating it or whatever. Ive never gotten the impression that anyone gives one half of one gently caress about why you return a used game, including managers. If they cared, they would only let you return stuff that didnt work. They have machines set up to test disks. There arent any caveats in their return policy, not even impossible-to-enforce once. It just says 'if you arent completely satisfied with your purchase, feel free to return it for a full cash refund'. Im not satisfied paying $55 dollars for barely 5 hours of content.

You can internet name call if you want, but it sure doesnt make me feel bad at all. Its not even a loophole or anything, its the literal policy.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 9, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

cant watch the stream because I am at work, but just saw the word "Crackdown" on a liveblog and im real happy.

\/\/\/\/ MS needed to show a lot of good exclusive stuff for the bone at this E3 and man - so far so good.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 9, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Oh, two weeks must have gone by since we're gonna argue about used game return policies.

In any case Halo MCC looks like a great value proposition to play those multiplayer games again, Inside looks awesome (though just a timed exclusive), Sunset Overdrive still looks rad, new Platinum exclusive "Scalebound", Phantom Dust reboot (never played it), new Crackdown could be interesting in a world where open world collectathon games have popped off. Project Spark still happening, and Fable Legend was giving me some PSO vibes. Missed most of Forza Horizon 2, though.

Still getting CoD DLC first. Eh. Game looked good and pretty at least. That DR3 DLC looks amazing. Regret trading that in, probably gonna rebuy it now :sigh:.

Overall, pretty great. Like that they didn't mention TV, apps or the 360 at all. Only Kinect talk was when they talked about Dance Central Spotlight and Fantasia.

ID@XBOX stuff looked good too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barudak posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about middling games and used return policies Phantom Dust is getting a sequel.

No, it's a re-release.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
Hopefully they actually make the new Crackdown not as half-arsed as 2 was. I only watched the highlights but I'm guessing they didn't say anything about working towards getting more multi-platform titles on board? War Thunder looks fun, World of Tanks was really fun on the 360 and it would be good to see things like that not just go to the PS4.

Also The Division is starting to look like a "Gritty and realistic Tom Clancy(tm)" style game which is similar to borderlands - 4 person co-op, damage numbers and xp popping out of people, fire/stun attacks, random XP for finding story titbits. No sign of actual human enemies or anything which I'm sure was implied by previous teasers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crackdown 3 is being made by the team who made the better Crackdown.

Unfortunately they also made APB.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Crackdown 3 is being made by the team who made the better Crackdown.

Unfortunately they also made APB.

Have they even worked on anything recently? APB was sold off to another company right?

e-Looked over it, no the original company is defunct.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, you're right.

Well it's the same studio lead at least. I don't know where his staff comes form.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
They made a big error in the teaser for the new Crackdown though, which I hope doesn't reflect the end result - it showed players working together to take down an enemy rather than punching each other off buildings and throwing cars around... Not like the Crackdown I remember at all :)

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Soul Glo posted:

That DR3 DLC looks amazing. Regret trading that in, probably gonna rebuy it now :sigh:.

For some reason I thought that was an "XBLA" equivalent game, but nope it's DLC and it's out now! Co-op only though :(.

I liked the MS conference. No real surprises, but Sunset Overdrive continues to look great and the DR3 DLC looks insane. Hopefully Crackdown is a good Crackdown instead of a bad Crackdown. Forza Horizon 2 looks really good as well.

What I'm most excited for is probably Assassins Creed and surprisingly, Call of Duty.

I'm pretty interested in the Halo collection as well. 100+ maps, each multiplayer exactly the way it was. Not really keen on paying $60 though.

edit: http://xbox.uservoice.com/ Xbox feedback website

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 9, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Horizon 2 looks loving great and Forza is a BIG part of why I bought a bone in the first place so I am happy about that.

Platinum Games exclusive is unexpected and awesome as gently caress.

I dont even like Halo that much but man, 4 games and 100 multiplayer maps is pretty great. Might be worth checking out.

Sunset Overdrive still looks like another solid exclusive.

I didnt get to see the Fable thing, but I have been intrigued by it since its announcement.

Really good start to E3 for MS.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I can't complain about the $60 price tag considering just how much content is in there. Even though people will complain that it's really just old games repackaged, they still remastered Halo 2 a la Halo 1 Anniversary and are putting the games up on dedicated servers, so I think it's worth it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ok so this is the thread where I can talk about the conference without dogpiled by goons.

Anyway, that was a drat good conference, showed off a lot of stuff I'm interested in that DR3 DLC, holy poo poo, that's some nice fan service.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
Forza Horizon 2 :swoon:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-j-kolMrIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzauwEtjz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97_bW6ePquA

Hyper Light Drifter looks pretty good as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_wt__zwt20

Warframe was also announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWqgG3kaiM

Cuphead's art style :aaaaa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIbUS6UgWw8

Master Chief collection http://imgur.com/a/rsUmI

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 9, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chick3n posted:

Hyper Light Drifter looks pretty good as well

Why do trailers for those kinds of games always show so much walking around doing nothing?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Aphrodite posted:

Why do trailers for those kinds of games always show so much walking around doing nothing?

it's the same trailer we've been seeing since their kickstarter so they might not have had much fleshed out at the time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gently caress! I don't even like platformers, but I'm buying that one. It looks beautiful!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah, that Cuphead game looks cool. Are all ID@XBOX games exclusive to Xbox? Or will Cuphead end up elsewhere?

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, that Cuphead game looks cool. Are all ID@XBOX games exclusive to Xbox? Or will Cuphead end up elsewhere?

I don't think any ID@Xbox game needs to be exclusive, they just need to release either on the same day or before the PS4 version.

They have the same Xbox video up on their Youtube channel but it lists PC along with Xbox One.

There's also 2 more videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80_FwbAv_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPrEI-tq7g

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Soul Glo posted:

Unless they actually say it's an exclusive, I wouldn't assume any ID@XBOX is an exclusive.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Admiral Hood and Johnson look amazing in those Halo screen shots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I am really considering either buying an X1 now or waiting for black Friday when I can get a better deal.

• Locked thread