Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Vestaldt ate his Wheaties every morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

His soul is dark like Nashandra's and the Defender/Watcher and she's absurdly tall so I thought that might have something to do with it.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
As your soul memory increases you should get taller until you get buff like Velstaldt and Vendrick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Iron Golem and the golems in Dark Souls 2 both having holes in their chests is a pretty clever touch.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh god. I thought when hosts attacked me as I was summoned in they were doing it to not give me a chance to heal before the fight because I came in hollowed. A jerk thing to do, but not a stupid jerk thing to do. Turns out some people will just do that regardless of the situation. I cannot understand how frequently people try this; like how long does it take to figure out "gee, wasting half my stamina swinging as my opponent is summoned in doesn't seem to work in my favor."

What's a good ultra-light parrying weapon/shield? I've completely neglected to learn parry timing in DS2 and it's been getting me wrecked.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Buckler is pretty solid.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

This might be a long shot but anyone in the 5 mil SM area willing to trade a sun sword? I have channeler's tridents and other poo poo. If you're interested, message me on Steam at dirty_job.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
http://imgur.com/b6VZes6

Yessss.... finally got the sickle and now I'm ready for my gimmick coop/pvp character. Going to have to invade as red a lot I think.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

oneof3steves posted:

Yessss.... finally got the sickle and now I'm ready for my gimmick coop/pvp character. Going to have to invade as red a lot I think.

Oh lawd....das good.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

oneof3steves posted:

Yes, tovarisch!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Dirty Job posted:

This might be a long shot but anyone in the 5 mil SM area willing to trade a sun sword? I have channeler's tridents and other poo poo. If you're interested, message me on Steam at dirty_job.

I am interested in your trident, just need to make sure I have the sun sword still.

Are you in NG+?

E: Lol, what a loving long shot. I am 5.2M SM and have a sun sword. Will search your steam.

Zombies magazine fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 9, 2014

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
There is a disturbing lack of pirate pvp in this game. Where are all the dudes wielding falchions/rapiers and work hooks?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Farming Silverblack Sickle has singlehandedly kill my desire to play this game for the third time. Gather 'round and I'll tell a tale of immense stupidity and poor foresight.

If it makes you feel better, I got one to drop on my first kill.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

There is a disturbing lack of pirate pvp in this game. Where are all the dudes wielding falchions/rapiers and work hooks?

This is the best I've seen so far. He must have cheated in Lucatiel's gear that early but it was hard to care.

Good thing the filter was around to save me from the s**ck of his terribly offensive name.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 9, 2014

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Good thing the filter was around to save me from the s**ock of his terribly offensive name.

the shoock?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I don't think I posted my most recent fashion souls-

Griffith(Femto)
It looks much better/correct as a Red phantom. Sadly I haven't run into any Gutts yet, but strangely I've seen a few other Griffiths but they were all women...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gently caress

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Say what you will about The Shrine of Amana (and I know you will,) but holy poo poo it's beautiful. Easily the prettiest section of the game thus far.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

This is the best I've seen so far. He must have cheated in Lucatiel's gear that early but it was hard to care.

Luca's super easy to kill*, and right behind Dragonrider or Pursuer; no reason to cheat it in.

*might not still be true if the patch made her harder to backstab into oblivion.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

aegof posted:

Luca's super easy to kill*, and right behind Dragonrider or Pursuer; no reason to cheat it in.

*might not still be true if the patch made her harder to backstab into oblivion.

Oh I didn't know you could get her gear by killing her. For some reason I thought the NPCs had evolved the ability not to drop their clothes on death between Dark Souls 1 and 2, because it was going to make fashionable NPCs extinct.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another run down and nearing 200 hours played... I like this game :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Velstadt is described as a knight from a faraway land. Though he became the king's servant. he wasn't originally from Drangleic. There might be a land where there are abnormally huge humans. I only say that because there is some precedence for it. The hollow vangrians are notably taller than you. Nashandra herself is really tall, which is because she's a horrible dark monster, but if that wasn't "normal" then you'd think Vendrick would be more reluctant to bring home a titan.

Alternatively that's all wrong and Velstadt is just huge because dark dark dark dark dark :corsair:

EDIT: Speaking of which, how come none of you bell cops ever use Velstadt's hammer? Its a giant loving bell. That should be your dream weapon.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp

Your Computer posted:

That's awesome... the doors closing especially doesn't show through in a regular screenshot.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Oh I didn't know you could get her gear by killing her. For some reason I thought the NPCs had evolved the ability not to drop their clothes on death between Dark Souls 1 and 2, because it was going to make fashionable NPCs extinct.

Well Melentia grabs them before you can, but yeah, you can get NPC's clothes without doing their sidequests.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

She actually drops only her hat, but after the killing you can buy the rest of her clothes at Melentia (like happens with most NPCs).

Edit: ^^^^ :argh:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
So, say I farmed up the entire Mad Warrior suit and a Berserker Blade. I'd really like a second Blade for my offhand, nevermind the ridiculous cost in +5ing both in twinkling titanite. Will he drop another?

I ask because I had heard a rumour from a coworker that he drops everything only once, and he dropped items uniquely for me in order. I have exactly one of all of his stuff. Will I have to ascetic or jump from NG+ to NG++, or is the RNG just being very particular for me?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

argondamn posted:

If it makes you feel better, I got one to drop on my first kill.

I farmed for a Lion's Greataxe for probably an hour at least last week, then on another character got it on the first Lion Warrior I ever killed on it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Your Computer posted:

Shouldn't you be out stabbing a colossus someplace instead of sitting on a throne like a lazy bum

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress, I whacked Ornifex with a club by accident, she's agroing me. I've heard later on I can get sin forgiveness, but is there any other way to reset her? Sin forgiveness would be to expensive with my soul level of 120.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

gently caress, I whacked Ornifex with a club by accident, she's agroing me. I've heard later on I can get sin forgiveness, but is there any other way to reset her? Sin forgiveness would be to expensive with my soul level of 120.

Nope, pay up

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

You could also murder her all the way and pay the blood price to raise her from her tombstone every time you want to swap boss souls, I think.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

doomfunk posted:

So, say I farmed up the entire Mad Warrior suit and a Berserker Blade. I'd really like a second Blade for my offhand, nevermind the ridiculous cost in +5ing both in twinkling titanite. Will he drop another?

I ask because I had heard a rumour from a coworker that he drops everything only once, and he dropped items uniquely for me in order. I have exactly one of all of his stuff. Will I have to ascetic or jump from NG+ to NG++, or is the RNG just being very particular for me?

You need to go to NG+ for another blade. :shobon:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Does anyone know what headgear Pilgrim Bellclaire wears? It's some sort of jeweled metal forehead plate connected to ear studs by thin chains with more chains running through the hair. Maybe I'm missing something on the armor lists, but I don't see anything like it.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone know what headgear Pilgrim Bellclaire wears? It's some sort of jeweled metal forehead plate connected to ear studs by thin chains with more chains running through the hair. Maybe I'm missing something on the armor lists, but I don't see anything like it.
Probably the Black Witch Domino mask I think, it sounds the most similar to that one.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

It's the lion warrior "helmet." It's just a weird chain... thing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

neetengie posted:

Probably the Black Witch Domino mask I think, it sounds the most similar to that one.
That was my first thought, but it's not a mask. There's nothing covering the skin around the eyes.

Edit: Okay, yeah, it's the Lion Warrior Helm. I must have just not checked that one because it said helm.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Colapops posted:

It's the lion warrior "helmet." It's just a weird chain... thing.

Best way I've heard it described is a metal jock strap. It looks pretty bad and is also a pain in the rear end to get.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Alabaster White posted:

and then there's a 75% chance that the host dies at the tail end of the fight, wasting my time.

Not if you wear the red-eye ring, like every proper Sunbro should. Then 95% of your boss-fog summons should net you a medal... unless you gently caress it up.

There are a few bosses that ignore the ring, but only a few.

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 9, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Bone Scythe is pretty good. Unlike most other scythes the damage output is actually decent (400 AR with 40 str) and people have difficulty dodging it. Fun moveset once you get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Kaldaris posted:

You need to go to NG+ for another blade. :shobon:

Cool, thanks. I just dusted Vendrick in NG+, so I'll catch the second blade for my offhand next time around.