Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Finally got all my Rosie hoverboard flair

:3:

Sab669 posted:

So I just hit 50... Should I blow some cash on the AH on Blue gear, then just grind grind grind Elder Gems so I can buy some purps from the Gem Vendor?

e; What sort of gear do you need for Veteran Dungeons?

Save Elder Gems for Amp/Skill points, not gear.

For Veteran Dungeons you'll need full vet adventure gear + a 5 man premade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

At what point are mounts more than just cosmetic? When I first got it at 15, I was really disappointed that they only seem to move slightly faster sprinting than on foot. Do I have to wait for level 50 to buy the speed increase?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Orvin posted:

At what point are mounts more than just cosmetic? When I first got it at 15, I was really disappointed that they only seem to move slightly faster sprinting than on foot. Do I have to wait for level 50 to buy the speed increase?

It's really hard to tell, for some reason, but it's roughly a 150% speed boost to normal walking.

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!
So does this game make anyone else's eyes hurt? Like within 45 minutes my eyes are straining bad. I can play wow for hours and never have this happen. I tried the customfov thing and it doesn't help. Any suggestions?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

White1ce posted:

So does this game make anyone else's eyes hurt? Like within 45 minutes my eyes are straining bad. I can play wow for hours and never have this happen. I tried the customfov thing and it doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Change your FXAA settings. The in-game FXAA tends to make things really blurry, which results in more strain on your eyes as you squint to make them clearer

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Some goodies, after a week of play:

Unsurprisingly, Engineers were the quickest to get to 50. We have several in our guild on Evindra, and a lone Warrior. I was second behind Sintor in poopsocking, but that was quite a long time after the first level 50 on our realm (who was also an Engineer, Dominion side - as well as a Warrior next). Somehow, I got Armorer first... was not really trying for it, even, just doing it as I leveled:

P.S. crafting is loving expensive as poo poo.

Anyway, we finally got a level 50 Esper. A healer... at long last! The industrious Delyria deserved a reward:

Alas, poor Crunchies... succumbed to alt-itis.

In other news, we can get 140 Elder Gems a week through Elder Points grinding... supposedly we can get it elsewhere (other than Boomboxes), but I haven't the foggiest idea how that goes.

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!

a cat on an apple posted:

Change your FXAA settings. The in-game FXAA tends to make things really blurry, which results in more strain on your eyes as you squint to make them clearer

Change them to be more or less?

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

vibur posted:

It's a way to get around the keylogging stuff that was being used to get into WoW accounts that had authenticators on them.

I didn't even think about that. That's awesome! I've been really, really impressed with Carbine's launch, and support, of the game, considering this is their first major title. Way to go Carbine!

Also, this is from their Wikipedia article:

quote:

Carbine's founders were 17 former members of Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft development team. Since then they have attracted key talent from award-winning games such as Diablo II, StarCraft, Metroid Prime, Fallout, Everquest, City of Heroes, Half Life 2 and many of other successful titles. The company was announced by NCSOFT in 2007.[2]

An excellent pedigree, but still, the studio's first release!

Orvin posted:

I did some unprofessional time testing with my phone stopwatch app when I first got the mount, because I too felt like it wasn't that much faster. When I measured it though it was actually a pretty big boost. And it felt like when sprinting with the mount it was an even larger increase than sprinting on foot. Not to mention when you are mounted, even if you are going slow, it seems like you just don't get stopped by random mobs you drive by that you aggro. I haven't yet. When you try to run by them though, it really sucks sometimes.

Oddity fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 9, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Fuschia spotted this guy hanging around in Thayd. His name is PRESTO (yes, in all caps). I asked him to do a magic trick for me, and he bellowed "I AIN'T GOT MY TOP HAT," did a little jig, then ran away.

I already miss him.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
That face brings back memories of EverQuest Gnomes :allears:

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Oh my god that looks exactly like uncle leo, that's amazing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:stare:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Okay, so remember the COSTUME FUCKUP thing?

Do something that changes your outfit by a buff - shiphand, adventure, etc...

For Exiles, this is really easy: outside of the gates of Thayd in Celestion, the last part of that zone involves biohazard and a HAZMAT suit. If you kill poo poo there, a suit should drop. Put that on, let it expire, and it should be fixed.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Rorus Raz posted:

That's probably a video setting you have on low or something. Most likely clutter distance, which determines how far away until props that don't influence gameplay appear.
Ah that explains it. At least there's a way to fix it if my computer could handle more clutter.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Holy CRAP, I'm usually not bothered by stuff like this but I can't handle any more Dominion... stuff. The church architecture, constant chant-music and unbelievably stupid faux-sith story is unbearable. It's always raining, dark, red lasers. Why the hell would I want to play Space Fundies? At least space hicks I can deal with. I know, personal taste and all.

Do PvE servers let you do any PvP content, like warzones? Or do we have any PvP goon servers with Exile?

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 9, 2014

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Chewbot posted:

Holy CRAP, I'm usually not bothered by stuff like this but I can't handle any more Dominion... stuff. The church architecture, constant chant-music and unbelievably stupid faux-sith story is unbearable. It's always raining, dark, red lasers. Why the hell would I want to play Space Fundies? At least space hicks I can deal with. I know, personal taste and all.

Do PvE servers let you do any PvP content, like warzones? Or do we have any PvP goon servers with Exile?

PvE ruleset is exactly as it is in WoW - you can queue for battlegrounds, arenas, and warplots, and you can flag yourself for PvP if you want to tell people to come at you.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Chewbot posted:

The only thing you can't do on a PvE server is 'open world PvP'. Unless the other guy flags himself for PvP, which I think is an option?

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Hmm, thanks. Maybe I'll go reroll in Space Jam.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Unsteady Miasma is a pretty awesome ability. I'm probably doing Engineer 'wrong' but I'm basically soloing as a tank in tank stance and leaning on Flak Cannon/Miasma/Energy Augur/Bruiser & Artillery Bots/Stun and basically just lay down Miasma everywhere so everything misses me constantly. :c00l:

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

WarLocke posted:

Unsteady Miasma is a pretty awesome ability. I'm probably doing Engineer 'wrong' but I'm basically soloing as a tank in tank stance and leaning on Flak Cannon/Miasma/Energy Augur/Bruiser & Artillery Bots/Stun and basically just lay down Miasma everywhere so everything misses me constantly. :c00l:

Yea but you could be mowing down hordes of poo poo with a giant taser.

Also holy hell wilderun gently caress off I just got a new quest 10 feet ago and now you're giving me another?!?

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

MuffinMan posted:

Yea but you could be mowing down hordes of poo poo with a giant taser.

Also holy hell wilderun gently caress off I just got a new quest 10 feet ago and now you're giving me another?!?

It's this spam of quests that made me just level up in battlegrounds. Not that it's fun to quest, but it's just so overwhelming at times.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

hobocrunch posted:

It's this spam of quests that made me just level up in battlegrounds. Not that it's fun to quest, but it's just so overwhelming at times.

Having this exact problem (problem?) right now. So I'm just gonna hit pvp/dungeons until I can be arsed to get back to questing.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

tehsid posted:

Having this exact problem (problem?) right now. So I'm just gonna hit pvp/dungeons until I can be arsed to get back to questing.

After you get a level(or two) you can go back and it's all easier. Plus you can skip poo poo quests like: KILL 50 DRONES FOR A 5% DROP RATE ON AN ITEM YOU NEED 20 OF WHILE <ASSHOLES ANONYMOUS> GANKS YOUR DICK

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up

Uxzuigal posted:

For the PVE suckers like myself, I've created a guild with some old Everquest 2 fanatics, currently playing on EKO (EU) Exiles, we got 45 members atm, most are from 30 to 50 in levelrange, got a social core and a raid core.. We operate with a 23+ years age limit but goons are always welcome :) No rules, only principles.. zero tolerance for bullshit and drama- Toss a message to "Uxzuigal" if you want in :)

Oh hey, that's nice. I had found before headstart a very chill and mature pubbie guild and rolled with them on EKO. What's your guild's name, I'll wave/poke/join you sometime. Also, do you guys plan to have or already have any Dominion alt guild?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WarLocke posted:

The only thing you can't do on a PvE server is 'open world PvP'. Unless the other guy flags himself for PvP, which I think is an option?
It's still an option, yeah. It will never happen, but it's there.

For what it's worth I've been playing for all this time on the PvP server and never heard one person complain about getting ganked, but Maxmaps is a cool dude so if you want to play Exiles it's also a good choice. Hell, you can do some on both servers if you want, we don't shoot people for being Space Jam spies.

Though if our warplot goes up against his we're totally gonna kick his rear end. :black101:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

hobocrunch posted:

Yeah, this is the ultimate reason why WoW moved away from that sort of design after TBC. It's not even the spam of quests so much, since having a half dozen quests in the same subzone doesn't really matter beyond having an excess of clickies to interact with. It's more the lack of direction... you often get quests sending you in two or more directions, or stumble onto more quests while doing your current quests, or other things that make it hard to tell when you're "done" with a node and can take a break or otherwise move on. You wind up having to spend half an hour or more clearing out an entire subzone if you don't want to interrupt things halfway though. Challenges don't help things either; you usually get ambushed with them and (especially in more crowded areas) often have to focus almost exclusively on them to succeed within the time limits, disrupting the flow further. It's not really any one specific thing, and most of it goes away once you know the "flow" of a zone and when you'll encounter new quests, but it's still kind of... subtly rough.

Although honestly the only real issues I've had with question is on my exile warrior, where the main zone quest no longer displays in the tracker or on the map. It's still doable, but this is just annoying enough that I wound up shelving that character until that's fixed. :argh:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Asimo posted:

Challenges don't help things either; you usually get ambushed with them and (especially in more crowded areas) often have to focus almost exclusively on them to succeed within the time limits, disrupting the flow further.

Oh god that's why I hate challenges. I actually just cancel them except if they look to be easily doable and figure "eh I'll come back later once I'm oneshotting these dudes." :effort:

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

I actually just cancel them except if they look to be easily doable and figure "eh I'll come back later once I'm oneshotting these dudes." :effort:

I would do the same if there wasnt this crushing, all consuming dread that takes me and screams "What if its some awesome Decor item or a bag with an extra slot??!"

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Just hit 30 (Warrior) and I don't know what's happened but I'm suddenly unable to tank anymore. I've gone from doing more threat on ThreatMeter In Tempest Refuge than the entire party combined to struggling to beat the lowest now. In the first boss in Tempest Refuge, that ridiculous Chua Esper, the highest DPS was at least 5x what I had, threat wise. And that was with me attacking in straight away.

I'm definitely in my tank gear (all Tech/Support gear) with my tanking AMPs and tanking abilities and my tanking stance on...literally nothing has changed! So what gives?

Gearbox X
Sep 4, 2008

You're out there with the garbage.

Woland posted:

I would do the same if there wasnt this crushing, all consuming dread that takes me and screams "What if its some awesome Decor item or a bag with an extra slot??!"

Heh, me too. After last night I'm not worrying about it. I took a task that took 35 min to complete with a challenge thrown in on too of it. I was killing big bees and wasps. Can't remember the task or challenge name. From here on out its zone and region quests only with very limited task thrown in. Decor or bag be damned.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
SAmotes working cross-faction is pretty great, spamming :yosbutt: at <Goon Squad> so they don't shoot.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Yoshimo posted:

Just hit 30 (Warrior) and I don't know what's happened but I'm suddenly unable to tank anymore. I've gone from doing more threat on ThreatMeter In Tempest Refuge than the entire party combined to struggling to beat the lowest now. In the first boss in Tempest Refuge, that ridiculous Chua Esper, the highest DPS was at least 5x what I had, threat wise. And that was with me attacking in straight away.

I'm definitely in my tank gear (all Tech/Support gear) with my tanking AMPs and tanking abilities and my tanking stance on...literally nothing has changed! So what gives?

Probably the fact that most if not all DPS will be carrying a weapon with double the Assault Power than normal due to a weapon glitch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hobocrunch posted:

After you get a level(or two) you can go back and it's all easier. Plus you can skip poo poo quests like: KILL 50 DRONES FOR A 5% DROP RATE ON AN ITEM YOU NEED 20 OF WHILE <ASSHOLES ANONYMOUS> GANKS YOUR DICK

Last part of Whitevale?

The drones drop 100% of the time if you kill them second.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I missed a bunch of the thread due to being away, do we have an Exile guild on Lightspire yet? I'm happy to make one if we don't, pending a good name suggestion.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Any Settlers who've completed Algoroc? Public safety: Canimid carnage is the only one I have left. Looked it up and it said it was the bounty board quest in the XAS dig site, but I've done that one, so not sure if I missed where it really is or if it's bugged out on me.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

This game attracts the worst of the worst community-wise, on lark I read my realm's thread and looked the recruiting threads. 5 days a week, 5 hours per night is the standard for raiding times. On top of that, one guild in particular demanded that their recruits not only have 100% attendance (for a loving month) but that they're also disqualified from any loot during that period. :psyduck:

Do we have a wildstar.txt yet?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

This game attracts the worst of the worst community-wise, on lark I read my realm's thread and looked the recruiting threads. 5 days a week, 5 hours per night is the standard for raiding times. On top of that, one guild in particular demanded that their recruits not only have 100% attendance (for a loving month) but that they're also disqualified from any loot during that period. :psyduck:

Who the hell are they going to give the loot to? Random strangers on the street?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I'ma take a stab and guess that the officer core/founders are exempt of course.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hipster Occultist posted:

Aren't you able to use Elder Gems to buy the loot of any raid boss you've killed? I have no idea how viable that is, but it sounds like just being there for a kill will have some value to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
So when's the potion button going to get fixed. :psyduck:

• Locked thread