Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Oh yeah, I don't need to make money off of it. Sooo you or Djarum? Seems like you "won" with asking for it.

Let the Rage have it, I just dropped $100 on car parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cool.

Glad they are starting to pop up in the wild.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Rage posted:

If anybody ends up with a spare Widow I still need one too. Don't need the Mandroid part, just need the Widow and her parts.

We literally got the new wave case in at my work last weekend. I'll check tomorrow if we still have it and snatch it up if she is.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

We literally got the new wave case in at my work last weekend. I'll check tomorrow if we still have it and snatch it up if she is.

Thank you!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Rage posted:

If anybody ends up with a spare Widow I still need one too. Don't need the Mandroid part, just need the Widow and her parts.

Still have mine if you want. I assume it's ok if I take her out of the box and mail her in a flat rate shipping box?

Lemme know if you still need her, and I'll figure up a quote.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I finally got a widow, ended up buying it on eBay out of the box for 30 bucks without the Mandroid piece. Got tired of searching.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

I'm definitely interested in a Star Lord figure just because I want a 1/6th Chris Pratt, but if the movie kicks as much rear end as it seems like its going to, I might have to complete this set too

Star Lord Head + Coulson Body = The return of Burt Macklin, FBI.

I need this.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I finally got a widow, ended up buying it on eBay out of the box for 30 bucks without the Mandroid piece. Got tired of searching.
I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. $30 shipped seemed like an awfully fair price to me.

I like the figure a lot, too. The useless non-holsters is a questionable design choice, but other than that it's a pretty great rendition of movie Black Widow.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Anyone know how neca's new Godzilla figure compares with the monsterarts? I'd imagine it won't be nearly as articulated, but I definitely like this price better than the 65 for the monsterarts.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35291076&cp=2255956.2273442.3574079.11291509&parentPage=family

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Bushifox posted:

Anyone know how neca's new Godzilla figure compares with the monsterarts? I'd imagine it won't be nearly as articulated, but I definitely like this price better than the 65 for the monsterarts.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35291076&cp=2255956.2273442.3574079.11291509&parentPage=family

Bigger, less accurate, sloppy paint and probably stuck joints and poor articulation, but it will probably be a great desk decoration, if that's what you want it for!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Star Lord Head + Coulson Body = The return of Burt Macklin, FBI.

I need this.

Oh my god I hate you for this. Now I have to find another Coulson.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Think of it like a budget SH MonsterArts figure. They took a lot of cues from SHMA, and it's a very good figure, especially for the price. Tail is segmented similar to how MonsterArts does it up to about half way and then it's bendy. As far as paint he's a big black brick with some very subtle brown shading; then the eyes, teeth, and inner mouth are colored. I've been pretty critical of NECA's latest stuff but their Godzilla is really good. I suggest it, especially at $20.

Of course if you want a large one they have a 12" tall one coming out in a few months.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

therealjon_ posted:

Think of it like a budget SH MonsterArts figure. They took a lot of cues from SHMA, and it's a very good figure, especially for the price. Tail is segmented similar to how MonsterArts does it up to about half way and then it's bendy. As far as paint he's a big black brick with some very subtle brown shading; then the eyes, teeth, and inner mouth are colored. I've been pretty critical of NECA's latest stuff but their Godzilla is really good. I suggest it, especially at $20.

Of course if you want a large one they have a 12" tall one coming out in a few months.

Well, having the 6 inch doesn't mean I can't get them both.

I've been eyeing the 1964 monsterarts one for a while just because that is basically the one I grew up with. still having trouble pulling the trigger on a 65 dollar 6 inch figure.

(I also hate everything about the "new" godzilla.)

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Does anyone still need a SW Black Boba Fett? I just got one at Barnes and Noble.

I'll take it if no one has bought it yet. Sent you a PM.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

I just want the Mandroid torso piece that comes with Black widow :(

Hey if you're still needing the Mandroid torso email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com and we can work out the deets.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, last day if you want a widow.

Let me know, or I'll be taking her back to the store tonight/tomorrow.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Welp, last day if you want a widow.

Let me know, or I'll be taking her back to the store tonight/tomorrow.

If nobody else has spoken up for her I'd take it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool. Just lemme know if you want the mandroid piece, if you want her in the box, and lemme know your zip and I can get a quote for ya.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
If Blackchamber doesn't end up wanting the Mandroid piece I'd be willing to take it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

Hey if you're still needing the Mandroid torso email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com and we can work out the deets.

You have god-mail (...prayers?).

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cool. Just lemme know if you want the mandroid piece, if you want her in the box, and lemme know your zip and I can get a quote for ya.

Man-In-Madden posted:

If Blackchamber doesn't end up wanting the Mandroid piece I'd be willing to take it.

Shipping would be to 95687, and I just want Widow so you can part out the mandroid part.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool. 29$ sound good? That's cost, priority mail shipping (automatically includes up to 50$ insurance), and paypal fees all added together and rounded up.

I dunno if the mandroid chest will fit in a flat rate box, but I think I have a small shapeways box here that I can use. I don't mind splitting em up.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cool. 29$ sound good? That's cost, priority mail shipping (automatically includes up to 50$ insurance), and paypal fees all added together and rounded up.

I dunno if the mandroid chest will fit in a flat rate box, but I think I have a small shapeways box here that I can use. I don't mind splitting em up.

Yeah thats fine thanks. Paypal?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Paypal is stupidsexyflander@gmail.com and I can have her in the mail tomorrow.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Paypal is stupidsexyflander@gmail.com and I can have her in the mail tomorrow.

Paypal sent. Thanks!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 9, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got it, will have her in the mail tomorrow. Mail runs past REALLY early here for some reason.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Looks like the Agent Venom figure will be a Walgreens(?!?) exclusive. Marvelous News is reporting an exclusive Spider-Man wave to Walgreens stores, and there are pictures of a Walgreens monitor showing an inventory arrival date of 8/30. Take it with a grain of salt though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Walgreens? What the gently caress?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Walgreens? What the gently caress?

Yeah nobody knows if it'll be a previews/Walgreens exclusive so far, but its in their system, weird as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Yeah nobody knows if it'll be a previews/Walgreens exclusive so far, but its in their system, weird as hell.

Well the X-Men line was supposed to be TRU exclusive and it popped up in Previews.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What do you guys think are the best Batman and Spider-man 6" scale figures out there? Including imports? I kind of prefer the comic designs to the movie designs, so I think I might be leaning towards Capullo Batman and Mafex Spider-man 2? I would prefer a higher quality import Batman but all I'm seeing are Mafex Dark Knight Rises and Figuarts Injustice Batman which aren't really the best Batman costumes in my opinion. Spider-man 2 at least dropped the bronze eyes and silver shoes but still had that silver web pattern and metallic blue that I'm not so sure about.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

What do you guys think are the best Batman and Spider-man 6" scale figures out there? Including imports? I kind of prefer the comic designs to the movie designs, so I think I might be leaning towards Capullo Batman and Mafex Spider-man 2? I would prefer a higher quality import Batman but all I'm seeing are Mafex Dark Knight Rises and Figuarts Injustice Batman which aren't really the best Batman costumes in my opinion. Spider-man 2 at least dropped the bronze eyes and silver shoes but still had that silver web pattern and metallic blue that I'm not so sure about.

Believe it or not but the domestic release of the spiderman 2 figure is really, really good. I would say definitive, even.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't think there has been a definitive Batman. Every single one has had problems. The only I have displayed has been piecemilled together from so many figures it is silly and it is still not perfect. It's much like the Hulk, close but no cigar.

Spider-Man has had several that could compete though. The US and Mafex ASM2 figures and the Campbell Spidey. I think the only thing that might take that spot is a balls out perfect McFarlane Spidey.

I keep expecting Marvel Select to just got insane and make one. Same as a perfect McFarlane Grey Hulk.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

That Legends Spidey is surprisingly good, definitely the best (non-transforming) Hasbro figure I've gotten a while. It may not be the best compared to that Mafex or even the Figma, but its only $15 on BBTS so its worth a try.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I use the ASM2 Legends figure as my default now and it looks fantastic.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It really is a great figure and the pegs are choking on them so he's easy to get!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Does anyone have any suggestions for stands for Figuarts? My Power Rangers figures stand up well enough on their own, but I'd like to put them into some more dynamic poses. I was looking at picking up a pack of these, but I didn't know if there was a better option out there.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Try to get the Act 4 version. Those are the ones made for Figuarts (and sometimes come as pack-ins.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Try to get the Act 4 version. Those are the ones made for Figuarts (and sometimes come as pack-ins.

Yes, the act 4 tamashi stages are best for Figuarts. you can plug three arms into the bases and link bases together to create some truly spectactular poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Thanks for the information, guys! I'll pick up a bunch of the Act 4 versions and make a bitchin' scene, then.