Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
We got plenty of fake lame wizard pictures, but here's some 100% authentic old egyptian magic:

Which I got from here. I'm posting it because I love how about halfway down it appears to read "aaaaaaaeeeeeeehhhhhhhiiiiiiioooooooyyyyyyywwwwwww" which is a magic word if ever there was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Now I'm imagining an ancient egyptian wizard casting a spell by running around with his arms outstretched and making airplane noises.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Working on a SPACE FANTASY PULP ADVENTURE

Looking for:
-Decommissioned Robots / Robot Janitors!
-Female Pyrokinetics/Pyromancers in robes or looking princessy!
-Lady Holograms / Librarians / Hologram Librarians!
-Modern Day or Civilian characters Waaaaaay out of their depth, preferably at least one male and one female!
-Spaaaaaace slugs!
-Shirtless dudes with space swords and glittery hotpants!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Oh hot drat this is my jam

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I've never seen that before but it has to be Syd Mead.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh hot drat this is my jam

Sorry for being uninitiated scum but who is this artist? The picture looks really similar to a Star Wars comic I once had. I really need to find that thing; it must have been a reprint from a comic that came out right around when the EpIV first premiered because it is very 70s and definitely not canon, even w/ the EU.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Sorry for being uninitiated scum but who is this artist? The picture looks really similar to a Star Wars comic I once had. I really need to find that thing; it must have been a reprint from a comic that came out right around when the EpIV first premiered because it is very 70s and definitely not canon, even w/ the EU.

The late Al Williamson, I believe, who did indeed work on Star Wars comics (among other things).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Anyone have a Tengu pirate or gunslinger?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Fuego Fish posted:

The late Al Williamson, I believe, who did indeed work on Star Wars comics (among other things).

In addition, the art in particular is Flash Gordon, which was one of Lucas' main inspirations for Star Wars.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

HiveCommander posted:

Anyone have a Tengu pirate or gunslinger?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

You are a paragon and a saint, thanks a bunch!

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Looking for a swordsman in eastern style clothing. I mean Middle Eastern/Mongol style, not far east. Bonus points if the guy can pass for a half-orc, though that isn't necessary.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Fiend Computer posted:

Looking for a swordsman in eastern style clothing. I mean Middle Eastern/Mongol style, not far east. Bonus points if the guy can pass for a half-orc, though that isn't necessary.

starkebn fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 6, 2014

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

First, yikes, don't leech gigantic images straight from wikipedia. Especially not without timg'ing them first.

Second, that's clearly a spearman.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

SageNytell posted:

Working on a SPACE FANTASY PULP ADVENTURE

Looking for:
-Decommissioned Robots / Robot Janitors!

-Female Pyrokinetics/Pyromancers in robes or looking princessy!

:nws: http://imgur.com/HjHCLgi
:nws: http://imgur.com/jI175OQ

-Lady Holograms / Librarians / Hologram Librarians!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Fuego Fish posted:

Thank you, here is the one it reminded me of:

I really love this style of art/influence for Star Wars, wish they would get back to that feel

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Give me your tired, your poor, your bureaucrats yearning to file papers.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Get it in one.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Does anyone have any non-cheesecake lady ninjas / kunoichi? I'm having a hard time finding anything that doesn't look like Psylocke or Mai Shiranui. I'm looking for things more like this:

Beef Hardcheese fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 8, 2014

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Does anyone have any non-cheesecake lady ninjas / kunoichi? I'm having a hard time finding anything that doesn't look like Psylocke or Mai Shiranui. I'm looking for things more like this:

Best I can do.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's not very ninja-like I guess, but I'll take that request as an excuse to post Lady Snowblood.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I'm reasonably certain this is supposed to be a woman.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Okay, I'm making an Exalted character of... some sort, using a grand goremaul (also known as a huge gently caress off hammer). And googling art for women warriors and the like is making me depressed. So I'm looking for some kind of woman in rational armor who isn't skin and bones, if anyone can help. What kind of weapon they are wielding doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be a hammer.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Here's one that does use a giant hammer, by kaymonstar:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Actually, right after I posted, I remembered someone talked about an art meme thing earlier in the thead from Tumblr, and found a wonderful piece of art

Found my new Exalt, sorry for wasting anyone's time if you went looking.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Okay, I'm making an Exalted character of... some sort, using a grand goremaul (also known as a huge gently caress off hammer). And googling art for women warriors and the like is making me depressed. So I'm looking for some kind of woman in rational armor who isn't skin and bones, if anyone can help. What kind of weapon they are wielding doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be a hammer.

How about Violet from the (amazing) comic Rat Queens?

Bonus team lineup and quest assignments:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I want to know more about Bluebirdbeard.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lotish posted:

I want to know more about Bluebirdbeard.

That's Orc Dave, he's a shaman.

Next Issue:
Shut the gently caress up Gary!
+5 against dudes named Gary.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 10, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
By all appearances, I need to be reading more Rat Queens. Learn something new every day.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
It's a lot of fun to read, would definitely suggest it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Okay, for a different character for a different campaign, I'm looking for a super tatted woman.

Specifically the inspiration for this character is yakuza tattoos. I found a lot of good real pictures, but couldn't find much in the way of art, and I know there has to be some.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I have a fondness for Kekai Kotaki's Knights

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Pro click.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for aryan supermen (and women) of all kinds.
Actually, they don't need to be blond and blue-eyed, just genetically superior and smug about it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:colbert:

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I did some more searching last night, here's some of what I found if anyone is interested. A lot of these showed up when I searched for "female samurai", I guess because some people don't know the difference. I've included some of the more samurai-type ones as well.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Post your second amendment rights.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 11, 2014

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

There is a surprising dearth of Gunhammers on the internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

KittyEmpress posted:

Okay, for a different character for a different campaign, I'm looking for a super tatted woman.

Specifically the inspiration for this character is yakuza tattoos. I found a lot of good real pictures, but couldn't find much in the way of art, and I know there has to be some.

If you don't mind, could you share the pictures you've found? Been looking for inspiration for my Shadowrun character's contact.