Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

CatsPajamas posted:

I have noticed that both Wii U threads have more posts than similar threads for other consoles. Just a function of time, or is Nintendo more interesting to talk about?

I think the later may be a fair point - in the E3 thread someone posted a Drinking Game for each company and the Microsoft/Sony ones were virtually identical. I guess the question is then whether it's good for Nintendo to be the different company, or if they should follow the pack. It seems like being different paid off with the Wii at least, and I don't think Nintendo could keep up with the faux-computer race since they're a gaming company and not a multimedia conglomerate or whatever you'd describe Microsoft as.

The Xbox has a "not gaming's ambrosia" thread too and it dwarfs practically every other console thread put together (yet somehow manages to simultaneously have less content posted than any individual thread its competing with.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not good at recollecting things, that would be pathetic.

What, Kewpuh? His first post in this thread (oh poo poo, here I go stalking people again!) stated that he wanted to shut this thread down and his posts since have become progressively more low content and irrelevant. This thread no longer helps people develop their opinions on the topic. This is supposed to be one of the web's best few games forums, but Louisgod is no longer a mod and he was the only one who cared if this thread was even worth reading. Just silly rear end jokes that are supposed to be funny because they're low content. So I hardly see the point.

I read this thread a lot throughout the day. There's not much in the way of news right now so obviously discussion is going to taper off. I see nothing really problematic with any of the posts, including the ones you quoted, so relax.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Nintendo is too big to fail.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wasn't AngryCatterpillar super defensive of the Wii U at first? I remember reading his posts and just constantly rolling my eyes about how whiny he was about "thread shitters" back in the day. Its been fascinating to watch him slowly get fed up with Nintendo's bullshit and come over to "our" side. Its one of the things that makes me worry for Nintendo if even people like him can just give up on it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo SHOULD be the different company. Except for a few things where they shouldn't. In no particular order, just use a normal blu ray drive next time and let people use it as a player even if you have to pay a licensing fee. Just let all purchases tied to your account be easily recoverable by using your password without the involvement of one of your customer support people. Have in-game invites and in-game voice chat (friends only if you insist even!) in your multiplayer games.

Honestly just those three things and then be as weird, Nintendo-y and nonconformist as you want.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Here's a contents: Why the gently caress is Earthbound $10 on the eShop when everything else is $8? Is Nintendo just assholes?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Wii U is good. close this thread

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Wii U is very good! The problem is that no one is buying it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

kater posted:

Here's a contents: Why the gently caress is Earthbound $10 on the eShop when everything else is $8? Is Nintendo just assholes?

It's an extra "gently caress you" to non-Japanese players. Didn't they release Mother 2 on the Wii at the normal S.Famicom price a long time ago?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suspicious Dish posted:

The Wii U is very good! The problem is that no one is buying it.

who loving cares? as a gamer, why would I loving care? the system has the best games on a current console. This thread loving sucks.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I have a PS4 and a Wii U and I have more PS4 games than Wii U games. Even excluding PS+ freebies.

I also don't understand people bashing PS4 for having games that are available running shittier on PS3 when Wii U is propped up with a bunch of HD rehashes of the same old Mario Kart/NSMB/Zelda/Pikmin.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 9, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rudoku posted:

It's an extra "gently caress you" to non-Japanese players. Didn't they release Mother 2 on the Wii at the normal S.Famicom price a long time ago?

It wasn't, but they got the Wii U version for 30 yen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

weaaddar posted:

Can we just make it a rule to ignore anybody who decides to discuss PC master race horse poo poo?

These 4chan/reddit faggots pretty much ruin every thread they touch by touting how worthless consoles are,720p lol, PC supremacy mods and blah blah. It's dull, it's tiring, but most importantly it's not the topic.

Kewpuh I find this post extremely problematic

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Kewpuh I find this post extremely problematic

So quote him and call him a gay baby

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Black Baby Goku posted:

who loving cares? as a gamer, why would I loving care? the system has the best games on a current console. This thread loving sucks.

I don't know. As a gamer, why are you in the thread if you don't care?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

blackguy32 posted:

I don't know. As a gamer, why are you in the thread if you don't care?

As a true gamer, I'm glad I have a female mii, so I can marry Reggie.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

Because if nobody buys it, more good games for the Wii U will not come out.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

kater posted:

Because its a comparatively rare game that people are willing to pay ten dollars for.

Why is Mario Galaxy worth more than Carnival Games? They're both Wii games!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CatsPajamas posted:

I have noticed that both Wii U threads have more posts than similar threads for other consoles. Just a function of time, or is Nintendo more interesting to talk about?

Probably because people are more passionate about Nintendo due to nostalgia/It actually having some iconic mascots.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I'm guessing one of the announcements will be N64 games, and it will cost $2 for the privilege of playing them from two different menus on the same machine.

What are you doing in this thread? Because it clearly isn't "contributing".

I just made the loudest fart noise ever of all time with my mouth and my rear end at the same time

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not good at recollecting things, that would be pathetic.

What, Kewpuh? His first post in this thread (oh poo poo, here I go stalking people again!) stated that he wanted to shut this thread down and his posts since have become progressively more low content and irrelevant. This thread no longer helps people develop their opinions on the topic. This is supposed to be one of the web's best few games forums, but Louisgod is no longer a mod and he was the only one who cared if this thread was even worth reading. Just silly rear end jokes that are supposed to be funny because they're low content. So I hardly see the point.

Shut the gently caress up retard

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Because its a comparatively rare game that people are willing to pay ten dollars for.

Why is Mario Galaxy worth more than Carnival Games? They're both Wii games!

Scarcity for a digital product on a service with an established pricing model sure as gently caress sounds like some carnival games to me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

There's a serious possibility the god drat Ouya will outsell the WiiU for several months.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The WiiU is a good system and this thread loving sucks and should be closed.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

kater posted:

Scarcity for a digital product on a service with an established pricing model sure as gently caress sounds like some carnival games to me.

It costs just as much to print a Mario Galaxy disk as it does to print a Carnival Games disk (less even because Ubisoft has to pay a fee to Nintendo which Nintendo itself doesn't.) The difference is that people still buy Mario Galaxy.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Probably because people are more passionate about Nintendo due to nostalgia/It actually having some iconic mascots.

I think it's probably because the Wii-U general thread functions as a catch-all megathread for like everything on the console, with the exception of Smash or whatever, because there aren't any games popular enough to sustain their own threads.

As for the complaint thread's size, the Wii U sucks the hardest so

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Black Baby Goku posted:

The WiiU is a good system and this thread loving sucks and should be closed.

I agree, but also the top 25 posters in this thread should all be brutally murdered

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even worse, they should be made YCS 2.0 only

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

AdmiralViscen posted:

I have a PS4 and a Wii U and I have more PS4 games than Wii U games. Even excluding PS+ freebies.

I also don't understand people bashing PS4 for having games that are available running shittier on PS3 when Wii U is propped up with a bunch of HD rehashes of the same old Mario Kart/NSMB/Zelda/Pikmin.

I've got twelve games for my Wii U and one for my PS4, discounting downloadable titles that'd only increase that gap.

I'm really hoping that E3 shows something exciting on the horizon for PS4 because there is literally nothing currently slated that interests me in terms of big retail games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I'm pretty sure it actually did in June 2013.(counting presales up to that point)

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

AdmiralViscen posted:

what are you talking about. mario kart 8 and pikmin 3 are brand new games.

if you think there are more good ps4 games than wii u games then chances are you probably have poo poo taste in games my friend

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

AdmiralViscen posted:

I honestly do not know how you are managing this.

Cliff Racer posted:

Wasn't AngryCatterpillar super defensive of the Wii U at first? I remember reading his posts and just constantly rolling my eyes about how whiny he was about "thread shitters" back in the day. Its been fascinating to watch him slowly get fed up with Nintendo's bullshit and come over to "our" side. Its one of the things that makes me worry for Nintendo if even people like him can just give up on it.
I wasn't around for that, if it's true, but if he was defending Nintendo from the time the Wii U released, then I can't really see what they would have done so much worse than that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

what are you talking about. mario kart 8 and pikmin 3 are brand new games.

if you think there are more good ps4 games than wii u games then chances are you probably have poo poo taste in games my friend

seriously ps4 has a meager list of big games even with multiplat fallover, wiiu still has probably more exclusive games that are good. ps4 probably will have more in the long run but there isn't fuckall for it right now

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

PS4 games are loving awful.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

PS4 games are loving awful.

actually all video games are

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not DigDug. DigDug is pretty good. Like 7.5/10 good.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Yaoi Mandel posted:

actually all video games are

agreed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I agree, things have gone to absolute poo poo since I left and Kewpuh is doing an absolute horrid job of running this place and should be killed or at the least maimed. Also the WiiU is cool now.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I know it's a little off-topic given that this is the Internet Slap Fight thread, but I really enjoy this image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Ultigonio posted:

I honestly do not know how you are managing this.

I have 9 Wii U games, one of which is also available on PS4:
WWHD, MK8, NSMBU, NLand (garbage), Rayman (on PS4), 3DW, Pikmin, NES Remix 1+2

I have 11 PS4 games, are any of them available on Wii U?
BF4, Infamous, Killzone, MGSGZ, NFS, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Resogun, Fez, Sound Shapes, Sportsfriends

Sure I could buy crappier versions of some of those on PS3, but if I went with a Wii U only then I am stuck with the crappier versions because I can't play them at all on Wii U. And it's only going to get worse. And it excludes stuff like Don't Starve/Contrast/Merc Kings that I personally would never have gotten if they weren't free. On the other hand, I feel like I have basically everything worth owning on Wii U. W101 and a couple of downloadable games, maybe?

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 9, 2014

• Locked thread