Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

revmoo posted:

Anyone have the Tracktor bug where it refuses to put track info up for certain tracks? I have about 20-30 tracks that even after analyzing multiple times just shows 0 for bpm in the library, even though when I load the track it instantly loads and shows the correct bpm in the player. This basically means I can't sort by bpm and I have to remember the bpm of these tracks by heart.

Try selecting all the tracks and doing "check consistency"

Usually have to do this on initial import or when the metadata has changed externally. Doing this forces it to load the tags from the file

Also, in a prior version (ca 2.5.0 I think) there was an issue where it wasn't writing tags back to disk after analyzing unless I played the track in a track deck or locked the metadata

That issue seems to have been fixed for some time now though

Also there is no c in Traktor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

mitztronic posted:

It's your job to find tracks, not ask for them online.

I'm not asking for free tracks, I have a set list of 135 tracks, what I am asking is, are there any tracks that are pouplar at the moment for House DJ's that might be out there that I am not aware of that I should put into my sets. See, I could be completely missing something important, which is why I ask, because I don't know.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

thegalagakid posted:

I could be completely missing something important

#Selfie

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

thegalagakid posted:

I'm not asking for free tracks, I have a set list of 135 tracks, what I am asking is, are there any tracks that are pouplar at the moment for House DJ's that might be out there that I am not aware of that I should put into my sets. See, I could be completely missing something important, which is why I ask, because I don't know.

um go to beatport top 100 pick some stuff

or just play #selfie all night

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

TheWevel posted:

I'll help you for $150 an hour.

Its the best when you get to say this to people.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
e: it doesnt matter. whatever. my original response is an appropriate response to your new post.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

thegalagakid posted:

just pirate the beatport top 10 and ur set man

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
Cool, I'll hit up Beatport and round out the set. Thanks all.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

thegalagakid posted:

Cool, I'll hit up Beatport and round out the set. Thanks all.

Come on man, don't you have anything you like? You're really gonna just take the low-effort posts seriously and hit up beatport for the top 20? I mean, you don't really deserve a legit response because "What music do I play" = 90% of a DJ's job, but gently caress it...

Pryda - Allein
Armin Van Helden - The Funk Phenomena
Cyrus - Wir Brauchen Bass
Deadmau5 - You There?
Ferry Corsten - gently caress the Bullshit
Benny Benassi - Bring The Noise

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

cname posted:

Come on man, don't you have anything you like? You're really gonna just take the low-effort posts seriously and hit up beatport for the top 20? I mean, you don't really deserve a legit response because "What music do I play" = 90% of a DJ's job, but gently caress it...

Pryda - Allein
Armin Van Helden - The Funk Phenomena
Cyrus - Wir Brauchen Bass
Deadmau5 - You There?
Ferry Corsten - gently caress the Bullshit
Benny Benassi - Bring The Noise

and selfie

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

mstrkrft posted:

and selfie

Heard selfie 3 times tonight in 3 different clubs. I'm just happy they weren't all in the same club.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

aeglus posted:

Heard selfie 3 times tonight in 3 different clubs. I'm just happy they weren't all in the same club.

I should just play it for 2 hours straight, different remixes and boots and take a billion selfies. that'll be my shtick and i'll be famous

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Don't forget about Get Turned Up to Death, soon to be sold on iTunes and distributed by Zippyshare Records.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

mstrkrft posted:

I should just play it for 2 hours straight, different remixes and boots and take a billion selfies. that'll be my shtick and i'll be famous

I think they took it down, but there was a set posted somewhere in this thread that did this with Levels.

I often threaten to play it for people.

Edit: http://www.mixcloud.com/mixmastersavage/the-levels-set-all-levels-all-the-time/

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 24, 2014

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

thegalagakid posted:

I have a set list of 135 tracks,

thegalagakid posted:

ask a friend of mine to put me up for an hour.

:v:

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Does anyone here use a serato box through HID with cdjs and notice a drift in the waveform display if the tracks are at different bpms even if they are being played at the same speed? Its a bit distracting and makes it a bit harder to mix and I'm not sure if its meant to do that or not.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Should I feel bad that I made a bootleg remix of it before the full track came out and got a virtual hi-five from the guy that made it? (because I don't and that was pretty cool either way)

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

aeglus posted:

Should I feel bad that I made a bootleg remix of it before the full track came out and got a virtual hi-five from the guy that made it? (because I don't and that was pretty cool either way)

Yes you should.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What's the proper mix of Kanye - Dark Fantasy? I keep hearing DJ's splice bits of it but I can never seem to catch what mix I'm hearing.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Well my traktor S2's usb port kicked the bucket. At least it's in warranty. Now if support would get back to me already.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I just received my NS720X today from my dealer and it's loving LOUD. I set it up in my apartment and my head is hurting from even pushing a little bit of noise into it. While I had everything setup I figured I'd post a video, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q_DpogDavQ

So this is pretty drat simple but effective in my opinion. I describe a bit in the video description. What I have is a custom programmed template to provide momentary functionality, better looping, deck effect resets, better workflow experience (cueing and waveform viewing), as well as some other features that I think are necessary for a DJ performance. This setup realllllly helps me keep my eyes off of my laptop and more time spent looking at the controller and room. With tracks lined up and I can close my laptop and go blind from there. I'm running four decks with no crossfader.

Forgive the song choices as I just needed anything to demonstrate with. I am quantizing at an 1/8th note. I warp tracks live if someone requests something I don't have to keep everything nice and tidy during sets. I want to fix my HPF (the mapping is a little funny right now) to actually be a combo LPF and HPF for bringing in vocals and drums at a basic level. My fad-to-gray is a little weak right now and needs some attention with maybe some more echo. I like my pump effect, though, as well as my various beat repeat options on the board.

Another DJ was talking poo poo about my setup as I wrapped up my set the other week and she was going on. She said "it's not real DJing" as she setup her Traktor rig. I suppose I don't see the difference. It sure sounds pretty drat legitimate. Meh. She doesn't wear ear protection so she's hosed anyway you slice it.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008
I guess I'd say that as a DJ, it's more important to be able to recognise when something is distorting to gently caress than it is to be able to make loops that get smaller and smaller.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I was going to write a thing about how professional dj/producers I know that work with big names use controllers in their set ups and you shouldn't care about what people think, but that video suggests she might not be picking on you for that. Take it down and record from line in or something because the audio is really bad. You should really know it wasn't a good idea to let that represent you.

In positive djing talk, I copped a 2nd hand rane sl3 for only $425 today! Around $200~ cheaper than the cheapest on ebay. I'm finishing my dj course in 2 weeks and I have a few people offering me sets so I figured I better get one for using CDJs HID mode to control Serato. I will no longer look like a scrub with a controller set up or make mistakes on cdjs/deal with rekordbox randomly corrupting files/usbs! Yay!

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 9, 2014

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Roger that. I'll see if I can't come up with something a bit more listenable. Truthfully, I'm actually quite impressed my webcam mic picked up anything at all without distorting. Even playing guitar floors the blasted thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Anae posted:

I guess I'd say that as a DJ, it's more important to be able to recognise when something is distorting to gently caress than it is to be able to make loops that get smaller and smaller.

Man if only DJs actually understood that just because a mixer has a full complement of green, yellow and red LEDs it's not a challenge to light them all up all night long. I really dislike having to tell DJs off for doing it but it honestly sounds like utter poo poo through a decent PA.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What's the typical cause and solution for audio cutting out when scratching in Traktor? I find if I scratch fast enough the software can't keep up and drops the sound. I've got a i5 processor, is that not enough?

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been wanting to get a midi controller for a while now. That video sorta pushed me over the edge in favor of the APC40. Anyone else have any experiences with other midi controllers or beat pads? Seems like the APC40 is the go to.

cname fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 10, 2014

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Why is it so hard to do a traktor warranty claim. Jesus

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

cname posted:

I've been wanting to get a midi controller for a while now. That video sorta pushed me over the edge in favor of the APC40. Anyone else have any experiences with other midi controllers or beat pads? Seems like the APC40 is the go to.

The APC40 is nice because dials/encoders/faders. The Launchpad looks really rad but it's a little rigid without any sort of chromatic adjustments. APC40 MK2 coming out this summer, too.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

revmoo posted:

What's the typical cause and solution for audio cutting out when scratching in Traktor? I find if I scratch fast enough the software can't keep up and drops the sound. I've got a i5 processor, is that not enough?

What is your latency set at?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Also what other poo poo have you got running in the background whilst scratching? I know Serato DJ can get a little choppy if I'm running a million things on a really low latency setting...

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

19 o'clock posted:

The APC40 is nice because dials/encoders/faders. The Launchpad looks really rad but it's a little rigid without any sort of chromatic adjustments. APC40 MK2 coming out this summer, too.

Is the APC40 MK2 gonna be that much better, or just different? If there are gonna be far more features, I might hold off and wait for the MK2 to come out, however I really like the way the regular APC40 looks.

It looks like the difference is square buttons vs rectangular buttons. If that's the case and there's really not more poo poo they've added, I'll probably just get the MK1.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I'm looking into getting one at some point. If anything it's a hell of a lot less bulky than the APC40. I never got an APC40 due to the size. I'll take a Launchpad and a cheapo Korg controller instead

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I'll be able to run a cable from the APC40 to the AUX input on one of my DDJ-SX's channels, right? Ideally, I'd like to have Serato running in the background with Ableton at the same time.

The APC40 comes with Ableton, right? I really don't wanna have to buy both.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I would assume Ableton Lite or whatever the stripped down version is called these days.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

cname posted:

I'll be able to run a cable from the APC40 to the AUX input on one of my DDJ-SX's channels, right? Ideally, I'd like to have Serato running in the background with Ableton at the same time.

Yeah, it comes with Ableton Live Lite. Nowadays it might be Live Lite 9, but I would assume it's version 8 (like mine was), since a lot of the APC40s still in stock places were probably packaged up before 9 was out.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Just picked up my stanton ST150. Fantastic Sound. Can't wait to get the cash flow next month for the other one and mixer. Going crate digging asap

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

cname posted:

Is the APC40 MK2 gonna be that much better, or just different? If there are gonna be far more features, I might hold off and wait for the MK2 to come out, however I really like the way the regular APC40 looks.

It looks like the difference is square buttons vs rectangular buttons. If that's the case and there's really not more poo poo they've added, I'll probably just get the MK1.

I don't think it's going to be better without some major features added. I haven't read anything that makes it sound like it's going to behave any different than the APC40. The layout doesn't work for my approach because it robs me of the four-deck layout that the APC40 (inadvertently) came setup with.

One big bonus, though? It's going to be USB powered and not require that I find another outlet for the AC adapter. It's smaller, too, which will be nice. Plus I like those amber colored LEDs.

cname posted:

As in auxiliary audio? The APC40 is a USB MIDI controller, really, so no audio is generated at the device itself. The APC40 originally came packaged with Ableton Lite but, as was pointed out, by now it's woefully outdated (probably version 7 or 8?). To really take advantage of Live I think it's important to have Max 4 Live installed (for the APC40 especially).

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

I'm looking into getting one at some point. If anything it's a hell of a lot less bulky than the APC40. I never got an APC40 due to the size. I'll take a Launchpad and a cheapo Korg controller instead

Check out the APC Mini, too. http://www.akaipro.com/tradeshows/messe2014

EDIT: drat. Looking at the MK2 they STILL have the Stop All Clips button there. That has to be one of the worst buttons to have anywhere near your clip launch area.

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 14, 2014

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!

b0red posted:

Just picked up my stanton ST150. Fantastic Sound. Can't wait to get the cash flow next month for the other one and mixer. Going crate digging asap

I'm currently using an ST150 and a 1200. ZZounds is the best site ever and I'm about to get my 2nd ST150 in the next week or so. Such a good deck. If you use dicers, I found a guy that makes little wooden risers, I bought a set for 20 and they work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Crunchtime posted:

I'm currently using an ST150 and a 1200. ZZounds is the best site ever and I'm about to get my 2nd ST150 in the next week or so. Such a good deck. If you use dicers, I found a guy that makes little wooden risers, I bought a set for 20 and they work great.

I got mine from eBay for $500 and it comes with an odyssey case and all of it is new. The seller is unique squared. Check it out. Dunno if zzsound can beat that. Really love the table. The bass response on the trackmaster v3 needle it came with is awesome but I'm gonna get a ortofon set probably.