Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Ultigonio posted:

I honestly do not know how you are managing this.

I have 9 Wii U games, one of which is also available on PS4:
WWHD, MK8, NSMBU, NLand (garbage), Rayman (on PS4), 3DW, Pikmin, NES Remix 1+2

I have 11 PS4 games, are any of them available on Wii U?
BF4, Infamous, Killzone, MGSGZ, NFS, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Resogun, Fez, Sound Shapes, Sportsfriends

Sure I could buy crappier versions of some of those on PS3, but if I went with a Wii U only then I am stuck with the crappier versions because I can't play them at all on Wii U. And it's only going to get worse. And it excludes stuff like Don't Starve/Contrast/Merc Kings that I personally would never have gotten if they weren't free. On the other hand, I feel like I have basically everything worth owning on Wii U. W101 and a couple of downloadable games, maybe?

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

Black Baby Goku posted:

the Wii U is good. close this thread

BBG bringin' da truth

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Sorry you're a fun hating piece of garbage shut in with no friends to enjoy Nintendo land. Have fun slowly resenting yourself and all those around you until you die.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Sorry you're a fun hating piece of garbage shut in with no friends to enjoy Nintendo land. Have fun slowly resenting yourself and all those around you until you die.

My friends like to play Sportsfriends when they're here and Battlefield when they're not, unfathomable

edit- we do get down on MK8 now but no one I know wouldn't rather dig out their Wii version than spend $300 for the one at my house

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

dataisplural posted:

BBG bringin' da truth

Not having a WiiU is the new having a WiiU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

AdmiralViscen posted:

My friends like to play Sportsfriends when they're here and Battlefield when they're not, unfathomable

Nintendo Land is fun, however.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Not having a WiiU is the new having a WiiU

I agree with him.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AdmiralViscen posted:

I have 9 Wii U games, one of which is also available on PS4:
WWHD, MK8, NSMBU, NLand (garbage), Rayman (on PS4), 3DW, Pikmin, NES Remix 1+2

I have 11 PS4 games, are any of them available on Wii U?
BF4, Infamous, Killzone, MGSGZ, NFS, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Resogun, Fez, Sound Shapes, Sportsfriends

Sure I could buy crappier versions of some of those on PS3, but if I went with a Wii U only then I am stuck with the crappier versions because I can't play them at all on Wii U. And it's only going to get worse. And it excludes stuff like Don't Starve/Contrast/Merc Kings that I personally would never have gotten if they weren't free. On the other hand, I feel like I have basically everything worth owning on Wii U. W101 and a couple of downloadable games, maybe?

You are a human being lol. BF4? Hahah. Kill zone!!! Watch dogs?!?! FEZ!!! Why would anyone listen to you. You are a gigantic baby and one of the biggest reasons this thread should be closed

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Sportsfriends is an actual good video game but the PS4 version is actually objectively worse than the PS3 version so lol

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Why would I buy a WiiU? The PS4 has FEZ!!!! Were any Nintendon't games in a highly successful motion picture?! I'd doubt it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

deadwing posted:

Sportsfriends is an actual good video game but the PS4 version is actually objectively worse than the PS3 version so lol

Good thing I got both versions for one payment, same as the other downloadable games I have on PS4. Nintendo wants me to buy Mario 3 again every time they launch a console.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AdmiralViscen posted:

Good thing I got both versions for one payment, same as the other downloadable games I have on PS4. Nintendo wants me to buy Mario 3 again every time they launch a console.

Stop posting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Why the hell would anyone that in love with every FPS or indie game of the week not have a gaming pc lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

Why the hell would anyone that in love with every FPS or indie game of the week not have a gaming pc lol

I dunno, why don't you have a PC?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Black Baby Goku posted:

I dunno, why don't you have a PC?

What the gently caress.........

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

elf help book posted:

What the gently caress.........

Answer the question.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

AdmiralViscen posted:

Did you buy the PS4 version or the PS3 version because if you buy the PS3 version you get the PS4 version too but if you buy the PS4 version you don't get both, that sure is a thing with video game downloadable games that makes sense

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*sipping a fine red wine* Ah, yes. Fez is better than Mario

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[in the biggest retard voice ever] I play console shooters

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

deadwing posted:

Did you buy the PS4 version or the PS3 version because if you buy the PS3 version you get the PS4 version too but if you buy the PS4 version you don't get both, that sure is a thing with video game downloadable games that makes sense

I bought the PS3 version for that reason, it's the only game I can think of where that's the case though.

The point was it isn't that hard to imagine a consumer that can find more to do on a PS4 than a Wii U.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

*sipping a fine red wine* Ah, yes. Fez is better than Mario

I bought Mario smart guy, all the Marios. Unlike the average consumer I am not sick of them and thought it was worth $300 to access them, which is why I have a Wii U.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thread owns now it went full retard

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

thread owns now it went full retard

ty for pushing it over the top

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

what the gently caress is going on

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[my big swinging gamer-gut knocks 6 cans of red bawls on the floor] listen, I know how to run a company

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

e- Wrong thread

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mandrel posted:

I think people insulted nintendo one too many times and a thread in people's brains snapped like in looney tunes or some poo poo

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Lol Phil Fish

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
As a virgin, friendless retard I feel that the wii u has
NO GAMES

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mandrel posted:

I think people made jokes that didn't sound like jokes and then got angry when people didn't get it and doubled-down instead of being sensible. And the folks they were arguing with did the same. And then things got weird.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
this is awesome

also

Black Baby Goku posted:

big swinging gamer-gut

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

I think people made jokes that didn't sound like jokes and then got angry when people didn't get it and doubled-down instead of being sensible. And the folks they were arguing with did the same. And then things got weird.

I think you should shut the gently caress up lol.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

nintendo is a lovely company defended by gay babies who can't stand the truth that like everything else related to japan it's been ground into the dirt by racist, sexist octogenarian japanese men

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

icantfindaname posted:

nintendo is a lovely company defended by gay babies who can't stand the truth that like everything else related to japan it's been ground into the dirt by racist, sexist octogenarian japanese men

Nah they good and right and Mario Kart owns

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

[my big swinging gamer-gut knocks 6 cans of red bawls on the floor] listen, I know how to run a company

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
That, but unironically.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

Nah they good and right and Mario Kart owns

No true Battlemode.

It honestly left me feeling wanting more after I completed everything.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

noted creator of racist sexist games nintendo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

deadwing posted:

I've got twelve games for my Wii U and one for my PS4, discounting downloadable titles that'd only increase that gap.

I'm really hoping that E3 shows something exciting on the horizon for PS4 because there is literally nothing currently slated that interests me in terms of big retail games.

Why the hell did you buy a ps4 if there's only one game you like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Goons are retards (I am king retard)

• Locked thread