Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I hope they add more BGs soon. The pvp in this game is incredibly fun but a few more maps with different gameplay features would go a long way in increasing the longevity of the game in my opinion. You can only play the same two BGs all day until they just get old, despite the actual pvp combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farts
Nov 4, 2005

BadLlama posted:

I hope they add more BGs soon. The pvp in this game is incredibly fun but a few more maps with different gameplay features would go a long way in increasing the longevity of the game in my opinion. You can only play the same two BGs all day until they just get old, despite the actual pvp combat.

League of Legends seems to do fine with....1 map....

Although more variety would be nice.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Farts posted:

League of Legends seems to do fine with....1 map....

Although more variety would be nice.

It would be disingenuous at best to even begin making a comparison between a Dotalike and PvP in an mmo.

Also League of Legends has like, 4 maps, even if only two of them really get played.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

fadam posted:

If you queue as a DPS you shouldn't be able to roll need on tank gear that drops. I nearly lost the Tower Blade to some dipshit DPS that forgot his station.

I'm curious how you expect a DPS to ever be able to Tank if they aren't allowed to get the gear?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

socialsecurity posted:

I'm curious how you expect a DPS to ever be able to Tank if they aren't allowed to get the gear?

If your character hasn't been a tank since the instant you created them, you don't deserve to tank. :colbert:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Get the option to need if the tank passes? Its really silly that these kind of things haven't been resolved after a decade of using these systems.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
How can Wildstar need more than two PvP maps when chess does just fine with one board??

Can't believe I'm actually happy about Hazak queues being "only" ~hour long on a monday evening.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
The same way the tank started? Crafted pieces and tanking easier content in DPS gear while you accumulate tank gear.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

socialsecurity posted:

Let's not get into role discussions again, since that went so well the first half dozen times it came up.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

https://vine.co/v/MjuUYlpLgpT

What does this meeaan..

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

socialsecurity posted:

Buy/pick up tank gear that the tank doesn't need. And then tank easy stuff to get what you can't get otherwise.

Then actually tank. I would 99 out of 100 times take a tank in worse gear who has experience tanking than a tank that just dpsed and had better gear.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Dexo posted:

Buy/pick up tank gear that the tank doesn't need. And then tank easy stuff to get what you can't get otherwise.

Then actually tank. I would 99 out of 100 times take a tank in worse gear who has experience tanking than a tank that just dpsed and had better gear.

So we are running under the assumption that the person who was DPS in this instance has never tanked before and did not just dual queue?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

socialsecurity posted:

So we are running under the assumption that the person who was DPS in this instance has never tanked before and did not just dual queue?

Yes. Also the chances of you dual queuing and not being a tank is hilariously low.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
Are the range on telegraphs bugged? I seem to get constantly hit even when I'm standing well outside them.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Stoven posted:

Are the range on telegraphs bugged? I seem to get constantly hit even when I'm standing well outside them.

I think there's some client-server lag interaction between them which will probably be troublesome at end-game. I've used Medic Urgency (Blink) to teleport out of them instantly before and still gotten hit by them when they landed a few seconds later. I'd say 98% of them are consistent though, I just rarely get hit by one I know I've dodged and get frustrated.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
Makes sense, but I'm finding it happen even if both of us are standing still. I'll be planted in place healing and a stalker will be standing still wailing on me even though I'm well outside his telegraph.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
I've made a terrible mistake by poopsocking with engineer to lv50 first, instead of trying out more classes.

Now I'm rolling a spellslinger alt (soon to be main) and find myself having more fun with its abilities than I did with engineer.

Looks like I'm only gonna keep the engi character around to use the housing for garden/relic node farming, and maybe pick him up again in far future.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is adventus armor even worth making?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

What the...was that an alien chest popping?

Kresher posted:

I've made a terrible mistake by poopsocking with engineer to lv50 first, instead of trying out more classes.

Now I'm rolling a spellslinger alt (soon to be main) and find myself having more fun with its abilities than I did with engineer.

Looks like I'm only gonna keep the engi character around to use the housing for garden/relic node farming, and maybe pick him up again in far future.

How I feel just everything backwards.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

PaganGoatPants posted:

What the...was that an alien chest popping?

Xenomorph chest burster :getin:

(Mechari are immune, naturally)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Hey if you roll the Spellslinger second maybe you'll actually be able to find its good AMPs before the alt is level 45!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there any real point to Jolt? T8 Polarity Field seems to build more threat but in a bigger area, give an armor boost, and not slow down rage build up.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

I don't seem to have audio.... but /chestburst !!!

Also, I'm an Exile on Warbringer, so if anybody wants to faceroll some Goons, send me a PM!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

fadam posted:

Is there any real point to Jolt? T8 Polarity Field seems to build more threat but in a bigger area, give an armor boost, and not slow down rage build up.
Somebody did the math and determined that Jolt seems to do less damage and threat per second than just spamming Menacing Strike. Polarity Field at least at T4 is a great threat generator though, so you're also comparing it against one of the more useful Warrior tanking abilities.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Man, I'm really struggling with the controls in this game. Maybe I played too much Archeage.

Is there a shortcut to quickly turning 180degrees?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Aexo posted:

I don't seem to have audio.... but /chestburst !!!

Also, I'm an Exile on Warbringer, so if anybody wants to faceroll some Goons, send me a PM!

Mouseover it and there should be a speaker icon in the top left. All Vines start off muted.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Mouseover it and there should be a speaker icon in the top left. All Vines start off muted.

Yeah I thought I unmuted it, but reloading the page gave me sound. I was hoping to hear the chest burst better. It still made me laugh out loud.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

WastedJoker posted:

Man, I'm really struggling with the controls in this game. Maybe I played too much Archeage.

Is there a shortcut to quickly turning 180degrees?

Are you not using right click mouse look like people were telling you earlier? Turning 180 degrees very quickly with mouse look should not be difficult at all, binding a key for it feels counterproductive (doubt that's possible). Mouse look is probably the most important thing to handle in playing almost any MMO effectively, I can't imagine playing Wildstar with keyboard turning.

What other issues are you having?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The crafting swap cooldowns are a bit odd. It said less than a day left so I did a few voucher missions from the board, that got me to L2 and it jumped up to 49 days to next swap. It'll be interesting to see if it really makes me wait that long or if the timer changes.

saladin
Jan 31, 2009

Hey pussy
I just picked this up today, and I'm struggling with really bad input lag. During combat, I'll be hitting hotkeys and nothing will happen for a good five seconds or so, while the mobs just bash away at me. Getting through the opening section of the game was painful - there was about a 20 second lag waiting on dialogue options popping up when accepting/handing in quests.

Is this a recognised issue? I've done a bit of searching, but no-one else seems to be referencing it. Playing Dominion on Contagion EU if that makes a difference.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ratzap posted:

The crafting swap cooldowns are a bit odd. It said less than a day left so I did a few voucher missions from the board, that got me to L2 and it jumped up to 49 days to next swap. It'll be interesting to see if it really makes me wait that long or if the timer changes.

This game seems to have more than its fair share of UI bugs. Almost any item I try to buy off the auction house will give me a completely incorrect summary for how much it will cost. Yesterday it gave me a transaction summary of 10 platinum for a 10 Silver item, that cost me only 10 silver.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

EU had some servers go down earlier today. They might be having some issues but I haven't seen anything(I'm at work so limited searching resources).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

What are crafting voucher things even used for? I noticed that today I could pick up the Ellevar trade board quests again, even though I've already completed them so the only thing I'd get for repeating them would be vouchers.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

WarLocke posted:

What are crafting voucher things even used for? I noticed that today I could pick up the Ellevar trade board quests again, even though I've already completed them so the only thing I'd get for repeating them would be vouchers.

You can buy stuff like bags of crafting items and whatnot from craft voucher vendors.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there adventures like Riot in the Void easy enough for tank without tanking gear to handle, or is it already time for me to keep two gear sets?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whats all this talk about Architecture ruining the economy on the official forums?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Something like 70% of your stats when leveling come from base stats, so gear doesn't make much of a difference. Just get a tank weapon and switch to tanking stance, you'll be fine as long as you have armor. You'd be fine tanking poo poo naked if you didn't lose all your armor.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Are there adventures like Riot in the Void easy enough for tank without tanking gear to handle, or is it already time for me to keep two gear sets?

For most offspecs you can just pick up a spare weapon and it's good enough.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I tanked the first Exile adventure as a Stalker in DPS gear so I think it should be okay if you have a decent party. I remember reading somewhere, possibly in this thread, that while levelling the vast majority of your Assault or Support power comes from your weapon rather than your armour, so you really only need to worry about grabbing a tanking weapon if you can. Don't quote me on that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah one thing to keep in mind is that as you approach 50 you should start keeping equipment sets that have both assault and support power if you want to play those roles or are willing to learn to play those roles to lessen your queue times for adventures.

As you go through grimvault the game throws both sets of gear at you at different times.

Although for esper benchmarks, I was dpsing at 1800 AP / 800 sp and healing at 1100 AP / 1200 SP (missing some support pieces in my itemization) going into vet adventures without major problems. Note that AP/SP values will vary significantly by class.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 9, 2014

• Locked thread