Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Wait I been on the same Sprint plan for years with 5 lines, but if I switch to the new plan I will lose my phone upgrades, which is either every 20 or 22 months I don't remember? I usually use 2 upgrades a year and pass down the older phones to the other lines.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I been out of the new plans loop for awhile. I would love to cut my bill down some (it is around $275 for 5 iPhones right now), and I was wonder if this new plan would help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

sanchez posted:

Oh Sprint. I haven't had an active number with them for a couple of years now. A week or so ago I got a random robocall from them saying something about a refund being processed and ignored it assuming it was some kind of scam. Today I get a check in the mail from them for $300, my web portal access is still working with them and the current bill shows a weird series of refunds and transfers over the last month or so. Sprint customer support thinks somebody on their side credited my account by mistake, tried to fix it, and everything fell apart. Presumably one of their current customers is $300 in the hole.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. They have ways of correcting it on the other end, like issuing credits and what not to put the money back in that persons pocket indirectly

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

nate fisher posted:

Wait I been on the same Sprint plan for years with 5 lines, but if I switch to the new plan I will lose my phone upgrades, which is either every 20 or 22 months I don't remember? I usually use 2 upgrades a year and pass down the older phones to the other lines.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I been out of the new plans loop for awhile. I would love to cut my bill down some (it is around $275 for 5 iPhones right now), and I was wonder if this new plan would help.

It definitely could help you and you would still get upgrades once a year with the easy pay option you trade in your last phone as long as its in good working condition and you can replace the phone. All the carriers right now are going with a more European approach to cell phones now. Which is they pay retail price for the phone and not be tied to a contract with the carrier at all. So the companies are cutting service contracts, while just making you agree to pay for the price of the phone over 24 months(at 0% interest no added fees). This is where the savings comes in. The reason why the plan you have not is more expensive is, that your already paying the company the financing for the device. Its just built in to plan price. Now they separated the 2 so if you already own a phone and are happy you can happily save money. If you upgrade your device and have the payment plan the price goes back to what you were already paying. So to answer your question, Yes it could very well help you. Especially if you know people with sprint and you can get to the 25 dollar (45 with unlimited data) mark for all your phones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm a SERO holder still, my upgrade is coming up on July 1st. Best option still calling telesales?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm a SERO holder still, my upgrade is coming up on July 1st. Best option still calling telesales?

You can always just go to a corporate Sprint store, have them change your plan so they can sell you the phone, then call SERO support and have them switch it back. It sounds risky but I've done it twice and and SERO support is so cool about it. No questions asked.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Mahoning posted:

You can always just go to a corporate Sprint store, have them change your plan so they can sell you the phone, then call SERO support and have them switch it back. It sounds risky but I've done it twice and and SERO support is so cool about it. No questions asked.

He is right they usually will just change your plan back. But just be careful cause if you get someone that feels like being by the book they may give you a hard time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I dunno, I already cashed in my karma getting on SERO to begin with, I was on a best buy manager plan, quit in 2011 and they cut me off in 2012, I called Sprint and they offered to put me on SERO without me even asking. I think I'll probably just play fair heh.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Medullah posted:

I dunno, I already cashed in my karma getting on SERO to begin with, I was on a best buy manager plan, quit in 2011 and they cut me off in 2012, I called Sprint and they offered to put me on SERO without me even asking. I think I'll probably just play fair heh.

You were given a gift, keep it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
4.4 update for Note 2 came out today

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Medullah posted:

you cant ever go wrong with that :-)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Why does it seem like I have way less LTE coverage now than a couple months ago? I can only get 3G now at both home and work instead of the LTE I had since the end of last summer. loving Sprint.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is there a list of which Sprint phones have WiFi calling? My contract is up July 1st and that's a must-have feature for me.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Stevie Lee posted:

Why does it seem like I have way less LTE coverage now than a couple months ago? I can only get 3G now at both home and work instead of the LTE I had since the end of last summer. loving Sprint.
They might be working on the towers. They've been doing that around here and I've been on 3G a lot lately.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Is there a list of which Sprint phones have WiFi calling? My contract is up July 1st and that's a must-have feature for me.

I believe it is available on all their tri-band phones.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Just had my first HD Voice call with my wife, her response, "I thought they were full of poo poo when they said they were upgrading the towers, but I guess not."

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Does HD voice work on the 5S?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

e.pilot posted:

Sprint's FAQ says yes.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

e.pilot posted:

Yes, almost all of my phone calls with my girlfriend and my mom over the past few weeks have been HD. It's actually surprisingly good.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Wilford Cutlery posted:

any triband (aka spark) device ie: LG G2, Tri Band GS4, GS4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Nexus 5, HTC One Max, and the LG G Flex, GS5, Note 3

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jliznel posted:

any triband (aka spark) device ie: LG G2, Tri Band GS4, GS4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Nexus 5, HTC One Max, and the LG G Flex, GS5, Note 3

Thanks!

Surprised the Galaxy S5 isn't on that list.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I can switch from my joint plan with my wife to my brother's plan correct? Is there any cost savings for this if he has a bunch of people on his plan? I don't need unlimited, I barely use the internet on my phone and make few calls.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Surprised the Galaxy S5 isn't on that list.
The One M8 isn't either, I bet it just hasn't been updated despite the date on the page.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Cacafuego posted:

I can switch from my joint plan with my wife to my brother's plan correct? Is there any cost savings for this if he has a bunch of people on his plan? I don't need unlimited, I barely use the internet on my phone and make few calls.

with the framily plan the prices on the they list for the plan come with 1 gig of data you can purchase 3 gigs for 10 bucks and unlimited for 20. The savings comes in depending on how many phones are on the family plan. Starts at 55 (for unlimited talk text and 1 gig data) then 5 bucks cheaper every phone you add. So say between the 2 plans you guys have 5 phones everyone will pay 35 dollars per phone (for unlimited talk text and 1 gig data). So to answer your question, Yes there is a cost savings in there especially if you don't use much data.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hello again, Sprint thread!

I think I am finally fed up with the terrible cell and data service I have been getting with sprint, and am ready to move to another provider. I have til October for my contract to be up, but honestly I think I just want to pay the $100 etf and get out of dodge. Doing so sooner rather than later will also probably net me the most money back for selling my current phone, a galaxy s4.

SO! I was wondering if I could get any tips in here on how to best make my exit.

My current plan is to post the phone on craigslist, and once I have a buyer, go to a new provider, start service there (thus preserving my number, and canceling my sprint service), and then completing the sale of my old s4.

Ideas?

ps.: considerations should be given to the fact that I am also thinking about just staying with sprint till october, thus saving me the $100 etf, and letting me perhaps see the next new phone that may be coming out around that time ( I know, "Next Big-Thing" syndrome, I am petty like that).

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I just did all of this myself.

I emailed the dan@sprint.com and explained my issues with the service deterioration - they cut my etf down a ton. I still had to pay a little (I had over a year left) but what they reduced it to was super fair.

Sold my phone on swappa too. That APPEARS to be okay, I got paid, shipped it, phone arrived last friday but the buyer refuses to acknowledge receipt on the site (even though he has in the comments). Not sure what to make of that. But, swappa is pretty decent if you don't wanna monkey about with cl.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's amusing to think Hesse is really a worn, aging party animal and around the office he prefers people call him "The Dan" so he can hold on to that small piece of his glory days, slurping cognac out of hookers' navels and snorting rails of coke off their asses in the 80's.

Then in person he can be as coolly professional as possible.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

FAUXTON posted:

It's amusing to think Hesse is really a worn, aging party animal and around the office he prefers people call him "The Dan" so he can hold on to that small piece of his glory days, slurping cognac out of hookers' navels and snorting rails of coke off their asses in the 80's.

Then in person he can be as coolly professional as possible.

What in the world are you talking about?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Dans a rad dude is what hes saying.

For fucks sake, You can buy a pair of Sprint Black and Yellow converse chucks through the employee portal for uniforms.

My only regret before quitting, was not buying a pair.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vykk.Draygo posted:

"The Dan At Sprint Dot Com"

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
No you weirdos, it's just "Dan@sprint.com"

Sorry if there was some confusion on that point.

Note that, they initially offered to give me all of my ETF back as long as I sent the phone back as well. I said no way, we negotiated from there. Each email I opened up explaining how bad service affected that particular day.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, a year ago the service was fine. Whatever they've done in my area locally in the past year has really made it bad. Even sero wasn't worth it anymore.

Good luck!

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

"The Dan At Sprint Dot Com"

Got it now. Good one.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
I'm in Irving, TX (Near Dallas) and recently my SGS4 started showing a No circle next to 3G. I can't send texts or calls, yet I can still send and receive data.

I've tried turning airplane mode on and off, and rebooting the phone, but it's still giving that circle with a slash where the bars used to be. I've had no problems with signal in the past few months at this desk, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

raej posted:

I'm in Irving, TX (Near Dallas) and recently my SGS4 started showing a No circle next to 3G. I can't send texts or calls, yet I can still send and receive data.

I've tried turning airplane mode on and off, and rebooting the phone, but it's still giving that circle with a slash where the bars used to be. I've had no problems with signal in the past few months at this desk, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Just to be sure, you haven't rooted your phone and/or messed around with system files recently?

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Just to be sure, you haven't rooted your phone and/or messed around with system files recently?

Phone was rooted when I first got it almost a year ago. No messing with files, just normal texting, gaming, internet browsing.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

pass the butter posted:

No you weirdos, it's just "Dan@sprint.com"

Sorry if there was some confusion on that point.

Note that, they initially offered to give me all of my ETF back as long as I sent the phone back as well. I said no way, we negotiated from there. Each email I opened up explaining how bad service affected that particular day.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, a year ago the service was fine. Whatever they've done in my area locally in the past year has really made it bad. Even sero wasn't worth it anymore.

Good luck!

They are upgrading towers in order to upgrade they must come down and be rebuilt and re optimized. Each towers takes about 3 months to build, plus one month of optimization. Just one of those things that it has to get worse before it gets better. That's most likely what they are doing in your area.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

raej posted:

Phone was rooted when I first got it almost a year ago. No messing with files, just normal texting, gaming, internet browsing.

because of the root the auto updates the carrier sends out may not have hit your device causing a conflict with the software and the network. Make sure your software is up to date, and your not running an out of date root.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

So it's TEP open enrollment this month. I currently don't have insurance. My G2's screen is acting up. I'm within the warranty period.

How do open enrollment periods work? I'm happy not having insurance, (never cracked my glass, and I've saved enough money not having insurance to buy a brand new phone and still come out ahead) and I'm fine with sending the phone in to the manufacturer if there's a defect.

That said, if I can apply to TEP for this month, exchange the phone at a store, then cancel TEP next month without:

A) Committing insurance fraud (i.e., does the problem have to start during the time insurance is on the phone? I'm not willing to lie about that just to save myself a few days/dollars)
B) Being too slimy

I'd do it. It's worth the $11 to me to get a repair right away, but it's not worth $132 (the cost of insurance until my next phone upgrade). If that means I have to ship it in to the manufacturer and wait a week, I'll live.

Grumpwagon fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 18, 2014

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Grumpwagon posted:

So it's TEP open enrollment this month. I currently don't have insurance. My G2's screen is acting up. I'm within the warranty period.

How do open enrollment periods work? I'm happy not having insurance, (never cracked my glass, and I've saved enough money not having insurance to buy a brand new phone and still come out ahead) and I'm fine with sending the phone in to the manufacturer if there's a defect.

That said, if I can apply to TEP for this month, exchange the phone at a store, then cancel TEP next month without:

A) Committing insurance fraud (i.e., does the problem have to start during the time insurance is on the phone? I'm not willing to lie about that just to save myself a few days)
B) Being too slimy

I'd do it. It's worth the $11 to me to get a repair right away, but it's not worth $132 (the cost of insurance until my next phone upgrade). If that means I have to ship it in to the manufacturer and wait a week, I'll live.

Add TEP and go to a Sprint repair store. If you have TEP, the $75 in-store repair fee is waived. Since your issue sounds like a defect and not unintentional damage, Sprint should repair or replace your device so you don't have to go through Assurion insurance or the phone manufacturer. If Sprint replaces your device, it'll be a reconditioned phone. If that concerns you, you could just have LG repair your phone.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I walked in on June 1 with a potential charging problem, not realizing the TEP offer. After the rep took an initial look and tried charging my battery separately (which worked fine), he said they'd need to look at it more in depth.

Then he laid out that my options were to send it to Samsung for free with a wait time (since I didn't buy it directly from Sprint), or spend $75 to have a tech look at it on site that day... and then added, OR I could sign up for TEP that day for $11 instead and cancel whenever I want. Awesome rep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

SpelledBackwards posted:

I walked in on June 1 with a potential charging problem, not realizing the TEP offer. After the rep took an initial look and tried charging my battery separately (which worked fine), he said they'd need to look at it more in depth.

Then he laid out that my options were to send it to Samsung for free with a wait time (since I didn't buy it directly from Sprint), or spend $75 to have a tech look at it on site that day... and then added, OR I could sign up for TEP that day for $11 instead and cancel whenever I want. Awesome rep.

Yea until the end of the month is open enrollment Btw what samsung do you have? Cause the ports on the note2 note 3 s4 s5 are able to be swapped and replaced. So you might be able to (unless he repaired it after he attached the tep) go to a different store now that its been a couple days and have it repaired at no cost cause you have the insurance and the 75 dollar fee is only because you didnt have insurance.