Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

PrBacterio posted:

Those are all for indie games though as far as I can tell, aren't they? I'm sure they're holding back their big reveals for when they actually want to make them during the direct/"digital event."
PAC-MAN Ghost Adventures 2, Watch_Dogs, new Phoenix Wright aren't indie games but the rest are. None of them are really earth shattering but it's a good sign that Watch_Dogs will actually get released for Wii U.

davey4283 posted:

When is nintendos big e3 thing and where can I find it?
It's tomorrow at 9am pacific. Here's the direct site but you can watch it on twitch/IGN/Giantbomb/etc too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

noirstronaut posted:

Tomorrow at 12 EDT, I believe. I used http://twitch.tv/twitch to watch today's stuff.

Someone from Neogaf made this helpful chart for every Nintendo events:

Credits to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115418665&postcount=269

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

deafmute posted:

Watch_Dogs will actually get released for Wii U.

Did this actually turn out to be any good on other systems?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not really, no.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Short answer: no

Long answer: It's an UbiSoft open world game so what do you think?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

SeANMcBAY posted:

If you enjoy GTA style games, it's competent. Some of the mind trip mini-games were really fun. I was all about getting it on the Wii U, but with the delay I just went ahead and got it on the PS4.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I played it on PS3 and it didn't live up to the hype for me. The story and characters were weak but it's still a big budget 3rd party game getting released on the system and some people might like it in theory :toot:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Commissar Ken posted:

Not really, no.

Great, so it's already doomed to not sell well on the Wii U.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Great, so it's already doomed to not sell well on the Wii U.

Well even if the WiiU was selling like hotcakes i'm pretty sure it would be doomed anyway since it was delayed till all other versions of the game came out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will be the best version of the game.

Much like how the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines is the best version of that game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Does Reggie Fils-Amech show up in the plaza outside of NA?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will be the best version of the game.

Much like how the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines is the best version of that game.

Amen.

Actually it might be the least buggy. Apparently the reason it was delayed was because some of the people working on it were the only people who knew how to do a certain whateverthefucktechnicalthing that the other skus needed to be pushed out the door so they were transferred. Still i'd be far happier if when you get your copy of the game you open it up and it's just a copy of Sleeping Dogs.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, i'm back with another question annoy you guys.

I'm torn between Pikmin 3 and WWHD. I've never played Windwaker, not the biggest Zelda fan (don't hate it, just don't appreciate it as much). However, I like games like Pikmin. The calming puzzle-esque games where you can just dick around if you wanted to etc. It seems obvious that I'd pick Pikmin, right? However, every time I raise this question, people say get WW if I've never played it. Then again, last time I threw WW in the ring here, people said avoid it because boats suck.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
If you've never played Wind Waker then go for it. Pikmin is cool but it's really short and I regret getting it for my free code.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

noirstronaut posted:

Or...the same one... :raise:

If you don't like Zelda, and you like games like Pikmin, it seems a pretty obvious decision.

e: I'm a big Wind Waker fan, but if you're not crazy about Zelda games then I probably wouldn't recommend it. I haven't played Pikmin yet (I chose that as my free game) but it's apparently good.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 9, 2014

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

noirstronaut posted:

I'm torn between Pikmin 3 and WWHD. I've never played Windwaker, not the biggest Zelda fan (don't hate it, just don't appreciate it as much). However, I like games like Pikmin. The calming puzzle-esque games where you can just dick around if you wanted to etc. It seems obvious that I'd pick Pikmin, right? However, every time I raise this question, people say get WW if I've never played it. Then again, last time I threw WW in the ring here, people said avoid it because boats suck.

Get both. But since you like Pikmin, get Pikmin first. Or get Zelda as your free game and buy Pikmin with real money. Whatever you want.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

noirstronaut posted:

The boat isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. Get WWHD.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

Get Pikmin, it's one of the top 3 games for the Wii U.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pikmin is the best there is.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, but if you already dislike Zelda, I doubt it's going to change your mind.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Get Pikmin and buy WWHD from somebody in SA-Mart or something. Pikmin will stay up there in price for a long time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Get Pikmin and buy WWHD from somebody in SA-Mart or something. Pikmin will stay up there in price for a long time.

If Pikmin 3 had online multiplayer I think it would be my top title on the console.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Louisgod posted:

Well, I can get both for $20 (all I have for games right now) from people who bought MK8. I think I might get Windwaker solely because I feel like counting it out is dumb to do. That and the story is supposedly a lot better than that of older/other Zelda games, so it could possibly grab my attention.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

numerrik posted:

If anyone is interested in E3 previews, nintendo dumped about 20 trailers on it's youtube page a few hours ago.

Hell yes, Starwhal's getting a Wii U port!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L18NkJbhKWM

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I bought Mario Kart at release digitally and used my nintendo network ID in the shop. My wife's is set up as the default account and the club nintento is linked to her NNID and not mine. The game still isn't showing up on club nintendo to do my survey. Do I need to go unlink her NNID and link mine since I bought it on mine?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

davey4283 posted:

If you've never played Wind Waker then go for it. Pikmin is cool but it's really short and I regret getting it for my free code.

And see, this is why I don't regret getting Pikmin with my code: it's something I wouldn't spend $60 on for the length (or lack thereof), but I still wanted to play it.

Edit: Someone posted a few pages back about the NSMBU/NSLU combo disc being used for the same price as NSMBU, and I can't find the post, but good tip! I went out and found the combo disc used after reading that. It was just a few dollars more than NSMBU where I found it, but it saved me $15 from if I had bought them separately.

Niemat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 10, 2014

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Yea I got more out of child of light and that was only 15 bucks.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

noirstronaut posted:

My download of Pikmin 3 is going right now, but if you haven't played Windwaker and you're going to get both anyway, getting Windwaker first might be a good choice because it's certainly the longer game. I'd say both games are definitely worth playing. Though I haven't played Pikmin 3, the previous games in the series were fun and the gameplay very unique. I don't think there's really any other series like Pikmin out there (the closest game I can think of is Brutal Legend maybe?).

Windwaker is definitely a stand-out Zelda game that has a unique take on that series as well. The boat rides can be lengthy though, because it's a big game world. It is a good story, and because it's different even if you're not the biggest Zelda fan you might like it. On that note, when you say you're not the biggest Zelda fan, what Zelda games have you played?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

CatsPajamas posted:

My download of Pikmin 3 is going right now, but if you haven't played Windwaker and you're going to get both anyway, getting Windwaker first might be a good choice because it's certainly the longer game. I'd say both games are definitely worth playing. Though I haven't played Pikmin 3, the previous games in the series were fun and the gameplay very unique. I don't think there's really any other series like Pikmin out there (the closest game I can think of is Brutal Legend maybe?).

Windwaker is definitely a stand-out Zelda game that has a unique take on that series as well. The boat rides can be lengthy though, because it's a big game world. It is a good story, and because it's different even if you're not the biggest Zelda fan you might like it. On that note, when you say you're not the biggest Zelda fan, what Zelda games have you played?

I ended up getting Windwaker, but I've played Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks when I say I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, I mean it in the sense that I don't get excited for Zelda games the way I do Mario ones etc. I'm obviously well versed in the games, but they don't excite me or make me yearn for more.

Also, since the promotion runs until the end of July, I'll probably just nab a Pikmin 3 code later.

For the sake of anyone else making the decision and like me, Windwaker so far is really fun and unique. I haven't gotten to the boat rides yet, but the game is pretty comedic and cute and fun to play overall.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pikmin was made to be played and replayed.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

davey4283 posted:

Yea I got more out of child of light and that was only 15 bucks.

I'm actually trying to decide which system to get Child of Light on--was it good on the Wii U?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think I read something about audio bugs relating to off-TV play but that may have been patched, I forget.

Ubisoft's 2D games look and run virtually identically on every platform they're on, just go with whichever version is most convenient to you.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Niemat posted:

I'm actually trying to decide which system to get Child of Light on--was it good on the Wii U?

It was great for me. I played on the game pad a lot and didn't notice any issues.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is MSF: Hyper Drive Edition a pretty obvious buy?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

noirstronaut posted:

Is MSF: Hyper Drive Edition a pretty obvious buy?

I would say yes if you're at all interested in puzzle platformers. Haven't played the Hyper Drive Edition but the original was good. It was on the shorter side though, but I hear the Hyper Drive Edition has a harder version of every level so it seems like that basically doubles the content.

I should actually really get that too, thanks for mentioning it! I've really got to figure out the whole Club Nintendo coin thing and see if I can get it at a discount.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kater posted:

Wait, is that why the Wii U eShop is so empty? I have to access the shop while within Wii mode or whatever? Are you loving joking?

It's probably because you are completely locked out of the Wii mode unless you own a Wiimote at the very least. I'd be upset if I bought a game that uses a d-pad and two buttons on the Wii U eShop for like 8 bucks, only to find out that I can't even start it unless I go buy a $40 controller.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Niemat posted:

And see, this is why I don't regret getting Pikmin with my code: it's something I wouldn't spend $60 on for the length (or lack thereof), but I still wanted to play it.

Edit: Someone posted a few pages back about the NSMBU/NSLU combo disc being used for the same price as NSMBU, and I can't find the post, but good tip! I went out and found the combo disc used after reading that. It was just a few dollars more than NSMBU where I found it, but it saved me $15 from if I had bought them separately.

That was me but it turns out it was just mislabeled at the GameStop I visited. Glad it worked for you!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pikmin was made to be played and replayed.

It also has surprisingly fun multiplayer.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Got my refurb unit delivered at 8:45pm. Looks perfect. Fired up Mario Kart and played for 3 hours straight with my wife, where divorce was brought up only 7 times. GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Aye good news, I'm getting 3D World for $40 which puts me at a combined price of $60 for both WWHD and 3D World. I really just wanna tell people about my savings.

• Locked thread