Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

No true Battlemode.

It honestly left me feeling wanting more after I completed everything.

Lol battle mode loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Battle mode is fun for 5 minutes until it turns into everyone just driving in circles trying to get behind someone else.

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Irradiation posted:

Battle mode is fun for 5 minutes until it turns into everyone just driving in circles trying to get behind someone else.

This is interesting, as the normal game is everyone driving in circles trying to get ahead of everyone else.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wiiu is actually p. cool, you can quickly jump into a browser that's surprisingly fast. also you can draw dickbutts for the entire community to see

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kater posted:

Here's a contents: Why the gently caress is Earthbound $10 on the eShop when everything else is $8? Is Nintendo just assholes?

Because people have been stupid enough to pay $300 for it on the SNES when much better RPGs go for like $200 tops.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread loving sucks. Close it

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's really cool how people can be detached and ironic while simultaneous really caring that a thread they do not like exists.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's really cool how people can be detached and ironic while simultaneous really caring that a thread they do not like exists.

So you think you are cool and detached huh?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

So you think you are cool and detached huh?

I am not the one angry about threads being open on the internet.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Really, my only attachment is that I would like Nintendo to succeed, but if they keep loving up literally everything they are not going to succeed.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Suspicious Dish posted:

Really, my only attachment is that I would like Nintendo to succeed, but if they keep loving up literally everything they are not going to succeed.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why are you guys responding seriously to the FYAD troll...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Alteisen posted:

Why are you guys responding seriously to the FYAD troll...

I'm guessing they never bothered to look at his rap sheet.

Edit: \/\/\/ - Isn't that basically EVERY game?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
After watching the Microsoft Press Conference, I am starting to realize that I am becoming disinterested in games where you primarily kill things.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Astro7x posted:

After watching the Microsoft Press Conference, I am starting to realize that I am becoming disinterested in games where you primarily kill things.

All the exclusive Nintendo games on the Wii-U involve primarily killing things.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
So Ubisoft is just straight up saying that they're sitting on a finished Wii U game waiting for the instal base to grow. If it doesn't get big enough soon enough they might just scrap it or release it elsewhere.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115572804

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Taint Reaper posted:

But you kill them in a way I deem acceptable, soooo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah whachu think happens to a goomba when you flatten the gently caress out of it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nintendo characters don't die, they faint :colbert:

But I guess I don't consider stomping enemies the primary objective of a platformer.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

Yeah whachu think happens to a goomba when you flatten the gently caress out of it.

Yea bro wachu think happins 2 enemys in X2

makes you think

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Nintendo characters don't die, they faint :colbert:

But I guess I don't consider stomping enemies the primary objective of a platformer.

Kirby games are murder simulators. Murder for cake.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Crowbear posted:

So Ubisoft is just straight up saying that they're sitting on a finished Wii U game waiting for the instal base to grow. If it doesn't get big enough soon enough they might just scrap it or release it elsewhere.

That doesn't even make sense to release it purely based on the install base... nobody is going to buy it on the Wii U when they just released it to roughly 170 million systems between all 4 platforms, plus PC. By the time November comes around the game is going to be old news.

This is the same poo poo that happened with Rayman Legends

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Astro7x posted:

That doesn't even make sense to release it purely based on the install base... nobody is going to buy it on the Wii U when they just released it to roughly 170 million systems between all 4 platforms, plus PC. By the time November comes around the game is going to be old news.

This is the same poo poo that happened with Rayman Legends

Huh? It's not Watch Dogs he's talking about. It's supposedly some unannounced exclusive.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've never once killed anything in Mario Kart in all the time I've been playing it so far, have I been doing it wrong? :ohdear:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

...Mario Kart 8?

EDIT: Beaten...

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Unholy Ghost posted:

...Mario Kart 8?

EDIT: Beaten...

Mario Kart games have always been the brutal murderers of friendships

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I am so with you on this. Although, I did just have a lot of fun playing Hotline: Miami. But yeah, graphically impressive ways to kill things in first or third person are getting boring.

The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer was the same exact game with a new veneer. Start in air transport, something goes wrong with air transport, "GO GO GO GO! DO YOU HEAR ME MAGGOT? GET OUT NOW!", jump out, land in battle, run to the cover in front of you, kill bad guys in front of that while looking down the iron sights of gun.

I've played that game in the past, present and future. I've played that game on alien worlds, in countries all over the world, islands, caves, jungles, deserts, etc. I'm loving sick of it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Crowbear posted:

I don't know if someone high up enough to influence things at Ubi is actively trying to sabotage Nintendo or if this makes sense and I'm just too dim to see it. If you've finished the WiiU game, what reason is there not to put it out there? If it sells great it helps attract new people to the system and they're all buying your game. If it's received well but can't get past the install base barrier (the most likely result for ANY good game, really. Big N would need to do something I can't even imagine to revive the hype engine, though MK8's highlight videos have helped) then they can expand it to other platforms and ride those good reviews to a bigger number of players, particularly if they give it a polish run like Rayman Legends got when it was sat on. If it's a crap game then you blame it on Nintendo, either the system power or the player base, and walk away with dignity intact.

I can understand saying "we're not going to actively develop for the WiiU unless things pick up," but if you have a game done and sitting on a shelf, why sit on it?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Left for work after someone was whining in the thread and mentioned Kewpuh was never around. Came back and Kewpuh is here being awesome.

Do you think anyone reads those surveys when you register games, or are they just scraped for keywords and text metrics? I filled out one for Mario Kart and typed comments like someone was going to read it, then suddenly realized it was probably a waste of time after I submitted it.

Nintendo should have the old Mario Kart battle mode as DLC, call it "Arena Mode" or something. Watching the new battle mode it looks cool, but I can see why people would miss the old one.

Bruceski posted:

I don't know if someone high up enough to influence things at Ubi is actively trying to sabotage Nintendo or if this makes sense and I'm just too dim to see it. If you've finished the WiiU game, what reason is there not to put it out there? If it sells great it helps attract new people to the system and they're all buying your game. If it's received well but can't get past the install base barrier (the most likely result for ANY good game, really. Big N would need to do something I can't even imagine to revive the hype engine, though MK8's highlight videos have helped) then they can expand it to other platforms and ride those good reviews to a bigger number of players, particularly if they give it a polish run like Rayman Legends got when it was sat on. If it's a crap game then you blame it on Nintendo, either the system power or the player base, and walk away with dignity intact.

I can understand saying "we're not going to actively develop for the WiiU unless things pick up," but if you have a game done and sitting on a shelf, why sit on it?

Didn't Sony send like several dozen PS4s to a developer of an Xbox exclusive game? Considering all the money Microsoft and Sony have to throw around, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right the first time.

The only way I see this making sense is if the actual production costs would make the difference in turning a profit or not, but if I recall the cost of development vs. production right that seems highly unlikely.

CatsPajamas fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 10, 2014

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Bruceski posted:

The only way it makes sense to me is if they need to sell a bunch in the initial launch period at the full price point before it gets discounted. They probably can't afford to have a Wii U game taking up shelf space at this point when games for other systems will sell more copies quicker.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Fremry posted:

I am so with you on this. Although, I did just have a lot of fun playing Hotline: Miami. But yeah, graphically impressive ways to kill things in first or third person are getting boring.

The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer was the same exact game with a new veneer. Start in air transport, something goes wrong with air transport, "GO GO GO GO! DO YOU HEAR ME MAGGOT? GET OUT NOW!", jump out, land in battle, run to the cover in front of you, kill bad guys in front of that while looking down the iron sights of gun.

I've played that game in the past, present and future. I've played that game on alien worlds, in countries all over the world, islands, caves, jungles, deserts, etc. I'm loving sick of it.

I'm just glad Nintendo is here to give us unprecedented experiences like New Super Mario 4, 3D Mario 2, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country 5, and Wind Waker Round 2. Maybe tomorrow they will announce Kirby 17.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

AdmiralViscen posted:

I'm just glad Nintendo is here to give us unprecedented experiences like New Super Mario 4, 3D Mario 2, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country 5, and Wind Waker Round 2. Maybe tomorrow they will announce Kirby 17.

The difference is that Nintendo is the only company delivering experiences like that, yet every publisher on earth is pumping out Shoot Mans 512.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AdmiralViscen posted:

If I didn't play it, it's new to me...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

AdmiralViscen posted:

I agree, all those games are good

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

deadwing posted:

The difference is that Nintendo is the only company delivering experiences like that, yet every publisher on earth is pumping out Shoot Mans 512.

It's true, every shooter is identical and interchangeable. Just like how The Wire, COPS, and CSI are the same because they're all cop shows.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Just like how The Wire, COPS, and CSI are the same because they're all cop shows.

Well yeah that's correct what's your point

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PrBacterio posted:

I've never once killed anything in Mario Kart in all the time I've been playing it so far, have I been doing it wrong? :ohdear:

You turn into ghosts when you lose all balloons, pretty sure that counts as killing someone.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's true, every shooter is identical and interchangeable. Just like how The Wire, COPS, and CSI are the same because they're all cop shows.

I just realized Activision:COD :: CBS:crime shows.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Ever think of doing the world a favor and killing yourself lol? gently caress off, close this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ever think of doing the world a favor and killing yourself lol? gently caress off, close this thread.

You get negative points for killing yourself in Battlefield.

• Locked thread