Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Snipers with super-fast hard-to-dodge bullets that break your equipment. They are out of range of any of your ranged options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The entire world is flooded with the plague swamp from 5-3, they're bringing back world/character tendency, multiplayer will be completely stripped from the game and Havel's set is not only somehow in the game but the only armor set available. Also something something gently caress guns this isn't ---- Souls anymore.

I kinda don't like the name but also who cares.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can get over 20 dragon bones from the acolytes bot not one loving pair of gloves :negative:

Not sure why people are acting like Bloodborne is going to be just like Dark Souls 2 from that trailer. I mean, the trailer didn't show any gameplay. All the trailer showed was that the tone of the game is going to be the standard dark fantasy From is so fond of. Only this time its early industrial and the dogs are somehow even skinnier.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I want another sens fortress.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I want another sens fortress.

The biggest disappointment in Dark Souls 2 is that it's missing a place as dickish as sens.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Did you miss the gun? Because from what little we've seen of Bloodborne is "Even more gothic Demon's Souls but with a shotgun."

I thought he might have been pointing the blade-thing at that zombie like it was a gun, but I wasn't sure.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

I genuinely think the Souls series are some of my favorite games and am legitimately excited for how From continues to improve on their concept. v:shobon:v

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
To be fair, the gun wasn't very prominent in the CGI trailer, it was much more obvious in the leak.

Also, I hope you enjoy Souls gameplay a lot, because chances are, when the DLC is done, the Tanimura team is going to start on Dark Souls III for Namco.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Control Volume posted:

The biggest disappointment in Dark Souls 2 is that it's missing a place as dickish as sens.
Invade in Iron Keep and dunk people into the lava.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

West Ham Sandwich posted:

I genuinely think the Souls series are some of my favorite games and am legitimately excited for how From continues to improve on their concept. v:shobon:v

I would be fine with the gameplay remaining constant, I just kind of wish they changed up the style a little, I guess.

EDIT: Then again I never even made it through Undead Burg in DS1 so what the gently caress do I know.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

To be fair, the gun wasn't very prominent in the CGI trailer, it was much more obvious in the leak.

Also, I hope you enjoy Souls gameplay a lot, because chances are, when the DLC is done, the Tanimura team is going to start on Dark Souls III for Namco.

Two simultaneous From IPs with Souls-style gameplay :pray:

Only thing that would make it better would be if a third team made a new King's Field style game.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Nahxela posted:

Invade in Iron Keep and dunk people into the lava.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9aNyuzvLc

Like this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

I would be fine with the gameplay remaining constant, I just kind of wish they changed up the style a little, I guess.

The style is the constant, not the gameplay. Look back at King's Field or that Shadow Labyrinth game, the feel is exactly the same but the gameplay was way different. They were first person for starters.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A) This is hilarious

B) I thought the mimic grabbing you was an instant kill. Does so much damage it might as well be.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah, you can survive it in Dark Souls 1 as well if you have enough health.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Manatee Cannon posted:

Welp, the new FROM game just showed a trailer on the Sony press conference. It's called Bloodborne, no actual gameplay was shown. Out next year, won't matter to anyone unwilling to buy a PS4.

efb

I'm still banking on it being merely a timed exclusivity deal.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

No such thing as way too many Souls games! :mrgw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Red Crown posted:

Does the Sacred Chime Hammer make the same amazing bell sound that it does when Velstadt uses it?

The Watcher Shield does make an amazing KLONG every time it's hit though. Sometimes I just hold it up just for all the noise it makes. :allears:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
After winning coop fights with my lighting chucker, I two-hand the chime and swing it around madly just for the ringing. Even had the host join in once!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm still banking on it being merely a timed exclusivity deal.

From the trailer: Bloodborne is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Praseodymi posted:

Christ, working at From must be like loving Groundhog Day.

Well yeah, they've been remaking the same game for three console generations now. I think they're used to it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

From the trailer: Bloodborne is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Isn't Sony responsible for PC games like Planetside 2 though or am I thinking of something else? Probably no xbox version but a PC version could be possible later if so.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Well yeah, they've been remaking the same game for three console generations now. I think they're used to it.

I don't know why people are saying this, Bloodborne makes me think Victorian era England/France with it's aesthetics. Couldn't be more of a departure from Dark Souls in that regard.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I think they must be iterating towards Platonic Souls.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I don't know why people are saying this, Bloodborne makes me think Victorian era England/France with it's aesthetics. Couldn't be more of a departure from Dark Souls in that regard.

Fromsoft has been making the same game since 1994

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Isn't Sony responsible for PC games like Planetside 2 though or am I thinking of something else? Probably no xbox version but a PC version could be possible later if so.

They are, but you're kidding yourself if you think they care about PC for this game. They want you to buy a PS4; this will do that.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

That's Sony Online Entertainment and they pretty much just do MMO stuff. They just can't avoid PC :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I have to agree with this. Are people joking?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

First thing I thought when I saw the Bloodborne protag was "Jack the Ripper: Vampire Hunter".

I dig the Victorian thing they have going for this.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

gently caress the Drake keepers forever. gently caress those guys.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
When they say that FromSoft has been making the same game for generations they're not talking about the Souls games they're probably talking about Armored Core. FromSoft definitely falls into the "let's make the same game a million times" trap pretty hard.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I have to agree with this. Are people joking?

Have you not seen the leaked footage that has actual gameplay? Because the movement is 100% D--- Souls, they even have the fog doors. Hell, that dog enemy is in both Dark Souls games. The trailer has the same feel of this series as well, you don't have to be exactly the same to be similar.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ah yes, all things that iterate on something prior are exactly the same as what they are iterating on.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

neetengie posted:

Do you have the Bracing Knuckle Ring +2 equipped?

It's pretty much a requirement if you want to make it from point A to point B without breaking your weapon.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Holy poo poo how have I played this game three times and not found half of those areas.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp, I backed up my save, reinstalled to try and fix these skyboxes....and it can't read the save, and if I close the game it crashes with a runtime error. Great. Let's hope reinstalling one more time, starting a new game, then copying over that works, or I guess I'm hosed. At least I beat NG+ first though I can't co-op with my brother anymore.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Have you not seen the leaked footage that has actual gameplay? Because the movement is 100% D--- Souls, they even have the fog doors. Hell, that dog enemy is in both Dark Souls games. The trailer has the same feel of this series as well, you don't have to be exactly the same to be similar.

Oh absolutely, the gameplay looks exactly like the other games. I'm talking about the art direction, which looks very different. The dog is indeed the same dog though. Guess they like it?

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Maybe someone can make a thread about it so the arguments over what that game is about can stay the gently caress out of here.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
So I finally beat my first game. Went for a sorcerer build, was a bit tough at first but then I started getting good sorceries and staves (and learned how to dodge) and suddenly things started dying after I looked at them funny. The final boss especially was like "uhhh... that was it?"

Tempted to respec to a dual-wield build or something before I go newgame+. Is NG+ hard enough to keep my sorceror build interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

buzzsaw.gif posted:

It's pretty much a requirement if you want to make it from point A to point B without breaking your weapon.
well poo poo can't help you with anything else