Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Could one of you gentlegoons post links to the Arkham Knight and MGS5 trailers? I missed them, and they are the only things I care about. Just a recording of the stream would be awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
At least we have a couple years before No Man's Sky either becomes vaporware or turns out boring as poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

What the gently caress do you think games are for?

lol calm down nerd

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Skeezy posted:

So nothing came out of the whole "Last Guardian isn't canceled" thing? Cause if not lol.

I want an official confirmation the Last Guardian was never actually a thing.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Skeezy posted:

So nothing came out of the whole "Last Guardian isn't canceled" thing? Cause if not lol.

They basically came out and said "It's not cancelled but it's not at E3"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

What year are you living in?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol no man's sky is already a million times more real than star citizen will ever be

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Did anyone keep a list of the games shown at Microsoft and Sony's conferences? I'm curious how much overlap there was, exclusives vs multiplat, that kind of thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, Sony actually had games at their conference that I'll eventually play (though probably not the ones that they wanted me to get excited over), so that puts them ahead of everyone else.

I'm not sure if there's any game in No Man's Sky but at some point I'll give it a try to find out.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Sony had the better games but a god awful presentation. Also lol at nerds excited about buying the lovely GTA V game again

I don't think anyone is really getting excited man. It's a port that everyone knew was coming before 5 even released.

Orv
May 4, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Stop posting.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So Sony had a pretty cool conference but how many of the games they showed were exclusives and how many will I be able to get on my PC anyway? My PC can max everything that'll come out but if there's some awesome games on PS4 only I could consider grabbing one

ummm.... uncharted? little big planet. thats about it. save your money

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Golashes posted:

At least we have a couple years before No Man's Sky either becomes vaporware or turns out boring as poo poo

Goons at E3 2023 posted:

No seriously guys, this is the year they announce No Man's Sky again!

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Welp that Sony show sure was something alright

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sony had a lot of cool games to show but at some point it got depressing to watch them run some victory laps around Microsoft, occasionally jabbing them in the stomach.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

So what all games on any of the platforms are actually going to come out this year?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So I haven't paid too much attention to MGS5, but why does Big Boss have a robot arm and also half of a laptop sticking out of his forehead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How was there no anime even for the Vita.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Was there even a single game announced at any conference that we didn't already know was coming out before E3 began? I can't think of any (unless you count us actually knowing Project Beast's actual name now and seeing a short CG trailer for it I guess).

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Stux posted:

What year are you living in?

Looks like a year idiots want to buy a game they can buy/bought right now without almost no improvements ~ next gen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hopefully to keep people like you from posting

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

LordHippoman posted:

Could one of you gentlegoons post links to the Arkham Knight and MGS5 trailers? I missed them, and they are the only things I care about. Just a recording of the stream would be awesome too.
Batman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKgtszZm0Po

goldjas posted:

Was there even a single game announced at any conference that we didn't already know was coming out before E3 began? I can't think of any (unless you count us actually knowing Project Beast's actual name now and seeing a short CG trailer for it I guess).
I guess Little Big Planet 3? Remake of Grim Fandango?

not too much

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Batman game does look badass though but I'm assuming it's gonna come to PC so

Orv
May 4, 2011
Note title.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
wow you guys really don't like video games at all, huh?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Beef Waifu posted:

Anime's at Tokyo Game Show

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Beef Waifu posted:

Because Sony and literally every other publisher has been announcing all their poo poo months before E3 came so no one had to talk about Vita at E3. Sony straight up announced SCEJ's killer app in a random PS Blog post because gently caress it why talk about Vita to Americans?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

That's because anime is extremely bad.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

:psyduck: Why the gently caress did MS leave this out of their presentation.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

So what all games on any of the platforms are actually going to come out this year?

I think most of the conferences only had two or three games tops that were actually for 2014. Ubisoft had the most, surprisingly enough, with at least six games that will be out this year.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlestonJew posted:

Sully's gonna die

If God of War 3, Halo 3, MGS4 and maaaaybe the destroy ending of Mass Effect 3 taught me anything, it's that games that advertise themselves as being the final chapter in a series and hint that this might be the final stand for a beloved character, always find a way to work around that problem in the actual game after the credits roll.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Kewpuh posted:

Batman game does look badass though but I'm assuming it's gonna come to PC so

It is, that city looked pretty boss as gently caress.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Really hope grim fandango isn't PS4 exclusive so I can get the only good games announce so far on PC.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kewpuh posted:

I had no idea that console warrioring was back in such a big way until I read the thread for it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

goldjas posted:

Grim Fandango Remake was a big one. No one thought Disney would ever do anything with lucasart's backlog.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

1stGear posted:

:psyduck: Why the gently caress did MS leave this out of their presentation.
Sony probably had a handshake deal to have the rights to unveil it

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

Balls in Nintendo's court

:v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So how long is the count down till Star Shitizens start making GBS threads up the no man's sky thread because this not released space game is poo poo while their thousand dollar investment into a not released space game is the height of good sense.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

goldjas posted:

There were a bunch of indie games I didn't know about that MS and Sony talked about. LBP3, while a given, I had not seen anything concrete about. Lots of HD remakes. That's it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Someone needs to organize every game mentioned on both conferences and any date + platforms

• Locked thread