Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah dude did you know scientists have figured out a way to create a poison just by adding oxygen to water?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Don't worry, chemtrails are totally out to get you, but you can fight them off with a little bit of vinegar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdeAF_Prfo

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I can't tell whether this is stupid or a good point. Either way, it is still :godwin:

(also, did Noam Chomsky really say that?)

Edit: picture didn't upload, let me try again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I guess my problem is that Noam Chomsky, elder statesman of leftist social and political critics, should have a better criticism than this. This seems more like a tumblr-level comment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Attachments haven't been working recently, just use Imgur.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Apogee15 posted:

Don't worry, chemtrails are totally out to get you, but you can fight them off with a little bit of vinegar!

Jesus christ :psypop:

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Apogee15 posted:

My six year old daughter pointed out that all the vinegar is just falling to the ground, and can't reach the sky. Six. Years. Old.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

SodomyGoat101 posted:

My six year old daughter pointed out that all the vinegar is just falling to the ground, and can't reach the sky. Six. Years. Old.

Yeah but you see, the chemtrail poison ruined their minds so that they can't think properly anymore :downs:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Six? So young!

And already brainwashed.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Apogee15 posted:

Love that her lawn is ruined.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Zero One posted:

Love that her lawn is ruined.

That's not from the vinegar, it's from the chemtrails released by the Monsanto corporation.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Aug 22, 2014

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

No. No one living today remembers containers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My high school science teacher.

Did anybody else's teachers turn our horrifically racist and classist? Between this and my english teacher constantly bitching about fast food workers, I'm grossed out.

The lesson is to only facebook friend those teachers that you knew were basically communists.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Dienes posted:

It's all cloud based now, grampa :rolleyes:
But seriously, that's a joke right?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Druggachusettes posted:

Literally everything can be about the troops.

True.
But in this case the troops have a giant loving fan right behind them.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Every time I consider why the Lebron thing is disingenuous, another reason pops up. Freakin idiots.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

happyhippy posted:

True.

Well I'm sure there are some huge fans in the audience in Lebron's photo too :haw:

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Dienes posted:

Huh. Those type of containers are pretty prevalent, at least among my grandparents in Portugal. While they are nonexistant and probably always were where i live now (Sweden).

That picture does bring me some nostalgic feelings, but more to do with that those containers are present in my birth country i have childhood memories of, while not present in my country of residence. I have no idea of their prevalence through time in America though.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

I think what these people don't get is that having a figure takes precedence over numerical weight. You can be relatively chubby but attractive as long as it's in the right places, but most people posting passive aggressive pictures like that tend to be shaped like blimps.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

:ughh:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

I just love how people are calling for her to resign/not be re-elected based on something taken entirely out of context that she corrected within minutes.

the ... part read ' based on where they were born', and thus is making the claim that reducing prejudice is a good thing

I mean, I don't know poo poo about her politics, and don't give much of a poo poo about SC either way anyway. Just seems a bit sleazy to do all the same.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Dienes posted:

It's original, old school Tupperware.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

happyhippy posted:

True.

My oven has a fan, too, but I'm not going to stick my head in it.

Support are troops.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Falukorv posted:

Huh. Those type of containers are pretty prevalent, at least among my grandparents in Portugal. While they are nonexistant and probably always were where i live now (Sweden).

That picture does bring me some nostalgic feelings, but more to do with that those containers are present in my birth country i have childhood memories of, while not present in my country of residence. I have no idea of their prevalence through time in America though.

Ugh. Mom had those, same design but in orange color. I think one of my grandmas still has those.

Roydrowsy posted:

It's original, old school Tupperware.

Yeah. Now I remember that every grown up I met during my childhood was probably addicted in buying Tupperware.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Falukorv posted:

My great grandparents had some in their house but, like everything in their house, they had to have bought it in the 1950s or 1960s. My grandma used an old washer with a ringer on the top and a gigantic old super-heavy vacuum cleaner until the mid-1990s when she died.

I finally had to hide someone from my feed. My dumb aunt seems to spend literally all day posting Tea Party memes, fibromyalgia memes (these exist) and then stuff like this, always with "BALM".

BALM

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Chapstick for the soul.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

SybilVimes posted:

I just love how people are calling for her to resign/not be re-elected based on something taken entirely out of context that she corrected within minutes.

the ... part read ' based on where they were born', and thus is making the claim that reducing prejudice is a good thing

I mean, I don't know poo poo about her politics, and don't give much of a poo poo about SC either way anyway. Just seems a bit sleazy to do all the same.

Haley is a pretty staunch conservative and Tea Party darling with some pretty poo poo opinions, so this is some proper schadenfreude. At least they're not calling her a "raghead" anymore like they did in the 2010 SC gubernatorial race (she's Indian and still practices Sikhism along with Christianity).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Even I was a little weirded out by how the hostage-saving was handled but uh, that escalated quickly??

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Excels posted:

Even I was a little weirded out by how the hostage-saving was handled but uh, that escalated quickly??
It must be so much fun to be a lightning rod for all the internet's misogyny. I honestly don't know how she hasn't stabbed anybody yet. :ese:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I personally love whenever people get so mad at Anita Sarkeesian that they prove the points that she's making.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I saw this gem on OKcupid

quote:

Do you think the government has the right to regulate the ownership and use of weapons?
A: No
“its called the 3rd amendment but doesn't mean I own any”

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

karl fungus posted:

I think what these people don't get is that having a figure takes precedence over numerical weight. You can be relatively chubby but attractive as long as it's in the right places, but most people posting passive aggressive pictures like that tend to be shaped like blimps.

Up to a point though. If you're 300 lbs, the only way you're going to be healthy is if you're 6'+ and an offensive linesman or powerlifter.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well that's fair enough but I don't understand how providing accommodation to foreign soldiers relates to guns at all.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

MRA's could really streamline their message if they just shouted "NO!" every time someone says "Hey, look at these problems that women have."

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My high school science teacher.

Did anybody else's teachers turn our horrifically racist and classist? Between this and my english teacher constantly bitching about fast food workers, I'm grossed out.

"Turn out?" My eighth grade English teacher flat out told our class that she's "tired of paying for people on welfare.", back when Clinton's Welfare Reform Act was passed. Mind you that this was at a school that had more than 90% of its students on free or reduced lunch. I also had a substitute science teacher in high school, tell us that he wished he taught in the suburbs so he could get away from the craziness that was having to deal with inner city high school students.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

beefart posted:

Haley is a pretty staunch conservative and Tea Party darling with some pretty poo poo opinions, so this is some proper schadenfreude. At least they're not calling her a "raghead" anymore like they did in the 2010 SC gubernatorial race (she's Indian and still practices Sikhism along with Christianity).

For a moment I was puzzled that someone could be a practicing Sikh and back the Tea Party, but then I remembered that the Tea Party allegedly bases its morality on the teachings of Jesus. My cultural bias is showing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Didn't block out the name because it's a public page, blocked out my friend, a commenter on the article (the comment was along the lines of don't blame video games, but you're right about everything else).

• Locked thread