Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bite The Dust is basically One More Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The only thing I really want from Araki at this point is a Stand or User named either "Nsync" or "The Backstreet Boys".

And maybe "The Alan Parsons Project".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The only thing I really want from Araki at this point is a Stand or User named either "Nsync" or "The Backstreet Boys".

And maybe "The Alan Parsons Project".

Backstreet's Back! ALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHT!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

ALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHT!

No, that's Hey Ya again.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Ultimate Defense Stand - THE WALL!

Hah, can't get me through that, can you? The siding alone is aluminum!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
What would the names of the Part 3 Stands be if they were music references? I have ideas for a few of them.

Ebony Devil: The obvious choice would be Creepy Doll, but apparently the doll is just something that happened to be lying around Polnareff's room and not Ebony Devil's normal form.
Yellow Temperance: Beware of the Blob
The Sun: Here Comes the Sun
High Priestess: Glass Onion
Bast: Miracles (because it involves magnetism)
Set: Mean Mr. Mustard
Osiris: Gambling Man
Atum: Video Games (a song by Lana Del Rey, which I only know exists because I Googled to find songs about video games, so I cheated a little there)
The World: Time Stands Still

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

You're thinking way too literal, there. Hardly does the name have anything directly to do with the ability.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Strength: I'm On A Boat

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Potsticker posted:

You're thinking way too literal, there. Hardly does the name have anything directly to do with the ability.

It varies. For example, Aqua Necklace, The Lock, Harvest, Talking Head, Metallica, and Weather Report all refer to the Stands in a fairly obvious way. There's also ones like Achtung Baby, Ratt, and Highway Star, which refer to the users more than the Stands. Then there's sort-of-fits-but-it's-a-stretch names like Purple Haze and The Grateful Dead. Finally, there are names I don't get at all, like Crazy Diamond and Yo-Yo Ma.

Magician's Red: Great Balls of Fire
The Lovers: N Sync
Horus: Birdhouse in Your Soul
Khnum: Put on a Happy Face

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 10, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

What would the names of the Part 3 Stands be if they were music references?
Okay, here's some stupid poo poo I put together:

Fool: Passenger
Purple Hermit: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Magician's Red: ---
Emperor: Magic Man
Empress: Brass in Hand
Hierophant Green: ---
High Priestess: Rich Girl
Silver Chariot: ---
The Sun: Blinded by the Light
Dark Blue Moon: Easy Evil
Star Platinum: ---
Lovers: Sweet Caroline
Fortune: King of the Road
Justice: Thriller
Death: Hotel California
Ebony Devil: Bad Moon Rising
Strength: S.O.S.
Hanged Man: Freewill
Tower of Grey: --- (Another One Bites the Dust would be great here)
Yellow Temperance: Nowhere Man
The World: The Waiting

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So for the heck of it, I looked up the ISBN number provided by the Amazon page for the Viz Phantom Blood.

poo poo checks out.

Either this is real, or the most elaborate fake ever.

Edit: Double checked on another ISBN lookup site. Yup.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Published: February 2015

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Tower of Gray: Fly on the Wall
Star Platinum: All Star
Hierophant Green: Puppet Man

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

Star Platinum: All Star

Silver2195 posted:

Bast: Miracles

Waffleman_ posted:

Strength: I'm On A Boat

These all made me laugh, so that's at least as good as FA3RP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Magician's Red: Jumpin' Jack Flash

Let's just complete that reference.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Magician's Red: Jumpin' Jack Flash

Let's just complete that reference.

There's already a Stand called Jumpin' Jack Flash in Part 6, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, gently caress me then.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i was rewatching episode 2, and i think david might be adding in timestop foreshadowing

as jojo falls down the steps, there's a brief moment where he and everything else pauses and there's a palette shift (with accompanying sfx)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

i was rewatching episode 2, and i think david might be adding in timestop foreshadowing

as jojo falls down the steps, there's a brief moment where he and everything else pauses and there's a palette shift (with accompanying sfx)

Is this in any way different from all the other times there's dramatic technicolour slow-down? Pretty sure it happened in the first two parts as well, and JoJo is incredibly wordy even during fast-paced action sequences, so it's pretty hard to translate it into motion without taking some liberties with the source material.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
There was some legit foreshadowing/an easter egg for The World in I don't remember which episode, where Dio's eyes had a reflection of cogs/"wheels of time".

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

a cartoon duck posted:

Is this in any way different from all the other times there's dramatic technicolour slow-down? Pretty sure it happened in the first two parts as well, and JoJo is incredibly wordy even during fast-paced action sequences, so it's pretty hard to translate it into motion without taking some liberties with the source material.

the palette swapped right back after half a second had passed, and this wasn't a slow down, it was an actual freeze

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Has there been a Weird Al Yankovic reference yet? Because I want Weird Al in my Jojo. Antonio's stand should have been Eat It.
As for renamed part 3 stands, I think Holy Diver for The World is the obvious one. I'd go with Get Back (or something else by the Beatles) or Roundabout for Hermit Purple.
...Walk Like an Egyptian for Magician's Red?
I'm not very good at this after all.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 10, 2014

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

There's no stand named after his stuff but it'll do.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Hahaha joseph collects comic books?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

Hahaha joseph collects comic books?

Yeah. It isn't brought up all that often though. He was reading through Superman when he was on that plane that got hijacked when he was younger and he ends up asking Rohan about why he doesn't release his comics in America because Joseph's a fan of them. I guess Joseph just really likes comics.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

:siren: Part 4 is now fully retranslated! :siren:

Vol. 45

Vol. 46/47
I know some people wanted Josuke to finish off Kira, but Josuke hosed him up pretty good. Even if he didn't deal the final blow, he did do most of the legwork. He supported the team immensely, which is appropriate, since his Stand is one of the best support Stands out there.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Supersonic Shine posted:

I know some people wanted Josuke to finish off Kira, but Josuke hosed him up pretty good. Even if he didn't deal the final blow, he did do most of the legwork. He supported the team immensely, which is appropriate, since his Stand is one of the best support Stands out there.

Plus let's be honest, Josuke is the king of technically-pacifistic loophole abuse. I mean come on, did everybody forget the part where he healed a cripple to perfect condition, JUST so he could beat him crippled again? Doing the classic 'oh, I'M not gonna kill ya, HE is' thing is that perfect level of cruel mercy that defines Josuke's personality.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

He was reading through Superman when he was on that plane that got hijacked when he was younger

Huh? I clearly remember him reading Baoh. Or was that a change for the anime?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Spidder posted:

Huh? I clearly remember him reading Baoh. Or was that a change for the anime?
Yep.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a change for the anime, I'd say it's an improvement from Superman.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

That was a change for the anime, I'd say it's an improvement from Superman.

Wasn't he reading Superman before it ever came out? :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't he reading Superman before it ever came out? :v:

Literally the same year the first issue of it debuted. Baoh however would not come into being for nearly 50 years, so the anime is obviously non-canon.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There's really only one choice for Dark Blue Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKb9OvXXvk

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I'm finally reading through Diamond is Unbreakable now that the retranslation is done, having given up on attempting to parse the old scans years ago.

I bust a gut at the new translator keeping the DUWANG line though

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Yup, most of the famous ones are still in.

It's a little lame because they often don't even try to make it make sense with the rest of the line, and forcing in-jokes is like anti-humor but w/e

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Wow, Johnny's father an rear end in a top hat.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 11, 2014

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
ANN says that the english release of JoJonium is legit. But I'd take it with a grain of salt until Viz themselves do a press release or something.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I can imagine new readers picking up Jojonium, seeing the slim and pretty characters on the covers, opening them up, and suddenly everyone is contortionist Hulk.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Just finished Steel Ball Run and I loved it! It was cool to have Araki go even further away from humanoid stands, and the return of a ripple-style technique was great. The Johnny and Gyro companionship was well done too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Uznare posted:

ANN says that the english release of JoJonium is legit. But I'd take it with a grain of salt until Viz themselves do a press release or something.

I wonder what the more info could be aside from more manga news? Anyways it's nice to hear someone mentioning these are legit and the sooner Viz themselves confirms it the better.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I can imagine new readers picking up Jojonium, seeing the slim and pretty characters on the covers, opening them up, and suddenly everyone is contortionist Hulk.

The real question is that will people accidentally pick up this manga thinking it's a David Bowie documentary when it rolls around to Part 4?

• Locked thread