Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

horriblePencilist posted:

Is the E3.Nintendo page solid black for anyone else too? I checked the source code, and it looks like there's stuff, but I can't see anything but pure blackness, both on Safari and Firefox.

It looks fine to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also whoever said Ubisoft is sitting on a dumbass rabbids game is probably right. I doubt they're sitting on Zombi2 unfortunately :(.

Maybe it's Beyond Good & Evil 2 :suicide:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Oh now that would be cruel as hell.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Suaimhneas posted:

A serious video game equivalent of

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Am I gonna be able to watch the E3 Direct on my WiiU, or am I stuck on my computer?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You can use the browser to watch various streams. Or wait until it's done like some kind of loser and watch it on the e-shop.

Speaking of which, do you think Mario Maker is going to get a "and it's available now on Nintendo e-Shop"?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Am I gonna be able to watch the E3 Direct on my WiiU, or am I stuck on my computer?

Someone said Twitch works on the Wii U browser.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

YouTube should work too unless both the app and browser version don't let you watch live video for some reason.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 10, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Suaimhneas posted:

That would be both hilarious and depressing.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So is there any way at all that I can get my prior eShop purchases to register with Club Nintendo? I might have jumped the gun on a certain game with a certain promotion that would have given me another game for free that I would have liked to have, and it's kind of stupid that I can register a physical game whenever but a downloaded game never.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SeANMcBAY posted:

YouTube should work too unless both the app and browser version don't let you watch live video for some reason.

Browser supports live YouTube video, I can confirm.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Random Stranger posted:

Speaking of which, do you think Mario Maker is going to get a "and it's available now on Nintendo e-Shop"?

Almost definitely. Both Microsoft and Sony have had their own AND IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!! so I'm almost expecting Nintendo to pull that, too.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 10, 2014

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Looks like Time broke an embargo, they have an interview with Miyamoto detailing some unannounced projects.

EDIT: Looks like they took it down, but here's the full text.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 10, 2014

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Looks like Time broke an embargo, they have an interview with Miyamoto detailing some unannounced projects.

"Sorry, you've reached a page that doesn't exist."

E - Worked the second time :)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Time smashed that poo poo down in record time. The E3 thread has pictures of the games if you want to spoil yourself, but there's a very very nice surprise in store.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well I read the big thing they mention first and decided if there are other things I'd like to be surprised by the conference so I closed out of it. Still that's pretty loving cool. People are going to be excited.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Incase it gets pulled down

Thats some starfox

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Thats some starfox

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAA WiiU purchase confiiiiiirmed.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Fox McCloud flies by in an Arwing with the Wii U logo on the side

"Sorry to keep you waiting!"

It's okay Fox, we're just happy you're back. :unsmith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sucks we don't get to be surprised though :smith:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"We're pleased to announce the launch of our Smash franchise of games. We will be releasing 15 new Smash-themed games over the next year, and all 15 of them will be personally headed by Sakurai."

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Im pretty surprised at the moment :unsmith:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Kurtofan posted:

We knew about DKCR before it happened too, and that was a nice surprise still.

e: You really could have spoiler-tagged that picture, though. I mean, I probably could have perfectly avoided it if it wasn't for you.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Thats some starfox

It looks like Starfox 64 to me. A HD re-release? Eh.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

PantsBandit posted:

"We're pleased to announce the launch of our Smash franchise of games. We will be releasing 15 new Smash-themed games over the next year, and all 15 of them will be personally headed by Sakurai."

Smash Kart
Smash Tennis
Smash Strikers
Smash Golf
Smash Dance
Smash 3ds
Smash Wiiu
out of ideas.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

matrix ripoff posted:

It isn't, from the interview. It's all new.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

Based off one blurry static picture? Really?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
(gently caress spoilers)

It's not a re-release. The time article showed three Miyamoto games - "Project Guard", "Project Giant Robot" and this Star Fox game, and the accompanying Miyamoto interview implied that they might end up being included as part of the same package, or released as an episodic series, or something. He also says Star Fox is at least a year out.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Crawfish posted:

Based off one blurry static picture? Really?

If speculating off of one picture is poor taste, then I'll refrain in the future.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

matrix ripoff posted:

Based off...what? Some mountains that look vaguely similar to the mountains in the first level of SF64?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
oops

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 10, 2014

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Graviija posted:

Based off...what? Some mountains that look vaguely similar to the mountains in the first level of SF64?

Well, it's visually similar, and Falco's line is actually straight from SF64.

But many have already said that it is in fact NOT a re-release sooooooo I'm sorry for putting that out there.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Graviija posted:

Falco says that line in Star Fox 64. That's why he posted that.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Project Giant Robot"
:vince:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh, and before I forget, some dude from IGN said that Nintendo will be revealing another Wii U game on the IGN stream directly following the Direct, instead of, y'know, showing it as part of the Direct. Whatever, a new game's a new game.

Weird. It's not like they're competing against any big names post-Nintendo Direct. According to the schedule, all they're up against is "Deep Silver Mystery Game" and the new Dragon Age.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Sakurai would be dead within two months.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I can remember Miyamoto talking about a giant robot game all the way back in like 1998. He wanted to make a game where 4 players all control different parts of the robot. I wonder if this is the same idea.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Monkey Fracas posted:

Sakurai would be dead within two months.

They'll just have his brain hooked up to machines.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh, and before I forget, some dude from IGN said that Nintendo will be revealing another Wii U game on the IGN stream directly following the Direct, instead of, y'know, showing it as part of the Direct. Whatever, a new game's a new game.

No, they didn't. They said that they were showing an exclusive game. That could mean exclusive to Wii U or 3DS, or it could mean an exclusive look by IGN, but it's not going to be something unannounced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Random Stranger posted:

No, they didn't. They said that they were showing an exclusive game. That could mean exclusive to Wii U or 3DS, or it could mean an exclusive look by IGN, but it's not going to be something unannounced.

I went to the tweet in question instead of what I was told and yeah, you're right. My bad.

• Locked thread