Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I was really enjoying this game up until we got to the first pair of dungeons at 20. Jesus christ what a screwjob those things are for barely any reward. It was satisfying to finally beat one of them but half a level and one crappy blue item for two hour's work doesn't justify it at all. I get that dungeons are supposed to be challenging with adventures being a little more forgiving, but I'm a guy who likes running 5 man dungeons while I'm leveling and I don't want to set foot into another one of those again at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
So apparently your Quest Log can actually be "full" and you can't accept any more quests.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

a cat on an apple posted:

It is exploitative, no matter how you justify it.

PaganGoatPants posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Iron prices adjusted accordingly making the profit super slim.
Precisely this - welcome to a (somewhat) capitalist economy.

As people bought all the resources to make a profit, the resources dramatically rose in price. Hell, people on Evindra were selling materials below vendor price to buy orders.

I made some good money off of it by taking advantage of niche products, but now others can't do the same. Basically this patch is enforcing an advantage to those of us who played the market and Architecture early. Sucks for everyone else.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

a cat on an apple posted:

So apparently your Quest Log can actually be "full" and you can't accept any more quests.

There's a limit of 40 active quests, yeah.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Currently taking suggestions for a character name punning on some word related to magic or psychic powers and a Republican politician to round out my character stable with a Cassian Esper now that I've actually made RatPaul the Chua Medic. So far all I've got are MispelleBachmann and PsycheLee and those are kinda weak.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

loquacius posted:

Currently taking suggestions for a character name punning on some word related to magic or psychic powers and a Republican politician to round out my character stable with a Cassian Esper now that I've actually made RatPaul the Chua Medic. So far all I've got are MispelleBachmann and PsycheLee and those are kinda weak.

John Brainer
John McBrain
Psyra Palin
Condolesper Rice

Zigoot fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 10, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also reroll your engineer and call it ArtilleryClinton because whatever you used isn't as good.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Uh. So, I heard there is a bug going on with buying material bags from the Renown Vendor.

In addition to the Renown cost, it's apparently also eating Elder Gems. Might want to stay away from it if you've got some.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm kinda liking PsyraPalin. Couldn't think of a good pun on her before.

Aphrodite posted:

Also reroll your engineer and call it ArtilleryClinton because whatever you used isn't as good.

My engineer is a Granok named Barock which I refuse to reroll :colbert:
(I did roll an Exile Spellslinger named SpellaryClinton but I admit ArtilleryClinton is better)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Casually minding my own business on a non-RP server.

quote:

The Quest Tracker now properly resizes entries so they do not overlap.

:toot:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yo I missed esper chat 3 pages ago but they are literally one of the best solo pve classes.

The thing is, a lot of telegraphs in this game are nonlethal and rarely hit for over 1/3 of your hp bar, so between your innate ability, bolster, and geist if you choose to use it, you can turret telekinetic strike through a lot of mechanics. Alternatively, you can run enough CC to interrupt just about everything and therefore almost never have to move. Also the root goes through interrupt armor on just about every open world mob and is really strong against anything that doesn't do ranged autoattacks.

Psychic Frenzy is also a fantastic grinding skill, the lifesteal at T4 is really strong and if you're on a PvP realm it's actually a great jousting skill. The thing is, since building to 5 combo points is a relevant thing, if you're not using OGCD builders, you'll take at least 5 GCDs before you can fire off a mind burst, but if you slot both your OGCD builders (Bolster, Concentrated Blades) you can fire off Mind Bursts a lot more frequently.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Spellslingers have just as much throughput as medics though, and most of their heals are AOE's. If there's an issue it's that DPS are running away from heals or expecting me to drop a "Big spender" heal on just them. gently caress them. Healing torrent is always aimed at the goddamn tank, if you want to get some of that, be between me and the tank.

Getting a charged Soothe dodged is the worst. No heals done, focus consumed, no PP gained, dps still dying to white damage. I don't know if people just reflexively dodge green telegraphs because I'll have the drat line on them every time and there won't be any red on them and they'll roll out at the last second without fail but it's really the most frustrating thing, especially when I'm already positioning to hit as many people as possible.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Same thing with Shield Surge. That thing is pretty expensive to cast so please try not to dodge out of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zoness posted:

Yo I missed esper chat 3 pages ago but they are literally one of the best solo pve classes.

The thing is, a lot of telegraphs in this game are nonlethal and rarely hit for over 1/3 of your hp bar, so between your innate ability, bolster, and geist if you choose to use it, you can turret telekinetic strike through a lot of mechanics. Alternatively, you can run enough CC to interrupt just about everything and therefore almost never have to move. Also the root goes through interrupt armor on just about every open world mob and is really strong against anything that doesn't do ranged autoattacks.

Psychic Frenzy is also a fantastic grinding skill, the lifesteal at T4 is really strong and if you're on a PvP realm it's actually a great jousting skill. The thing is, since building to 5 combo points is a relevant thing, if you're not using OGCD builders, you'll take at least 5 GCDs before you can fire off a mind burst, but if you slot both your OGCD builders (Bolster, Concentrated Blades) you can fire off Mind Bursts a lot more frequently.

Getting a charged Soothe dodged is the worst. No heals done, focus consumed, no PP gained, dps still dying to white damage. I don't know if people just reflexively dodge green telegraphs because I'll have the drat line on them every time and there won't be any red on them and they'll roll out at the last second without fail but it's really the most frustrating thing, especially when I'm already positioning to hit as many people as possible.

This, my Esper is currently slotting Frenzy while leveling on a PVP server, I'm killing things slightly slower, but I've literally been ganked at 3/4's hp by two stalkers managed to kill the mob I was fighting and then kill one of and force the other stalker to run away. Between Bolster, Swarm and the Absorb Shield, It's a bitch to kill me, it would take syncing and timing that your average pubbie doesn't have.

Esper's are loving great(I get hosed by Engie's for some reason though).

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

All this Esper talk is making the class seem really interesting and fun. Engineer has been by far my favourite class, but I'm looking for a second class to roll exiles on, and I haven't found that any of the other five classes have drawn me in the same way. Warrior seems pretty cool as well, but I'm told they have threat issues and their animations are boring. Whenever I see Espers out in the world I'm always pretty impressed by how cool their spells look. Especially compared to spellslingers who seem to spend 90% of their time casting telegraphs with virtually no animation.

Have any spellslinger players found that the spellsurge mechanic is clunky feeling since it was changed late in beta to not be castable while channeling? That is one of the big things keeping me away from that class.

Also, one of my favourite things about engineers is my ability to fairly effortlessly solo prime mobs and group 3 bosses. Can any other classes do this or have I picked the best solo class already?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Common Sensei posted:

Have any spellslinger players found that the spellsurge mechanic is clunky feeling since it was changed late in beta to not be castable while channeling? That is one of the big things keeping me away from that class.

With a good rotation you can keep surge running for most of it anyways, it's a little more clunky, but that's life.

If anything I'm having to learn when not to surge.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

All the stock houses including the rocket look like crap. I wish you could get a not-house to put in your center plot, either something that isn't a house or just flatten it so you can build something there yourself from primitives.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Anyone having any advice for PVPing as a stalker?

I'm level 20 and have 35% offense/defense. I feel pretty sturdy except when I'm rooted and get absolutely lit up by casters.

I feel like my damage is marginally more than other classes but then I have 10 seconds of doing absolutely nothing. This vast nothingness means everyone gets away from me and I can't actually finish kills. It just seems like a shitload of work for no payoff. Impale is seeming too soft right now for the amount of work it takes to use and the giant implied cooldown.

I'm hoping level 25 changes this.

Does anyone know how to bind stance swaps?

Bashez fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 10, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dropbear posted:

An answer a day sounds like a pipedream at this point - my ticket's been open since saturday morning and there's been a total of one post from Carbine. That one post said that "someone will be in contact with me as soon as possible", which at this point seems to mean "maybe during the next week, or not".
:laffo:

Oh well, make sure you're adding a reply every day to express your sentiment on the ticket anyway. Somehow I doubt you ever get a refund or even a resolution though. NCSoft support is renowned for being garbage.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also what's the overflow guild on Warbringer/Dominion and who do I message to get an invite now that Goon Squad is full? Checked the OP and the offsite forum; couldn't find any info in either one.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
So someone break the bad news to me... how much do iron platforms sell for now? I queued up so many buy orders last night... How will I feed my housing addiction now?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

El Cid posted:

So someone break the bad news to me... how much do iron platforms sell for now? I queued up so many buy orders last night... How will I feed my housing addiction now?!

Look on the bright side: Now you can have the metallest platformiest housing plot around.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I wouldn't mind a rough breakdown of the costs now. Was it a flat percentage? 10%? 20? I'll still be profitable from that, but I won't be doing AH shenanigans anymore, just plot farming/world farming.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Feels like this patch broke the interaction popups again... The whole 'press F to interact' thing hardly ever shows up now, instead you have to play find-the-pixel with the mouse cursor to determine where you can click on a dude to interact. :emo:

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Well, after the patch and a world server crash just a bit ago, now my addon settings don't loving get saved.

Great work, Carbine.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I honestly don't have anything to spend money on right now. Over a plat before 30, haven't done anything but Miner/Survivalist chopping trees and mining ores as I go. I probably did profit from the jacking-up of metal prices but everything else I haven't bothered to sell because unlike most pubbies on Evindra I actually did notice that sell prices were lower than vendor prices (it's hilarious that the game even lets you do this, but a sucker every minute etc.). As a Warrior it looks like most of the good AMPs are vendor AMPs except Kinetic Drive, which isn't that important. Only thing I can think of is buying an AP-stacked sword at 30 and refreshing my plots, otherwise I just don't seem to have any meaningful expenses.

I'm almost finished with Whitevale, but seriously gently caress that zone. It's really, really boring until the end and then still just kinda boring. Farside better be as good as people say.

A question I had: Is there any way to really know whether a Group+ quest monster is soloable? I sometimes just get torn apart by autoattacks from Group 2+ monsters but last night I fought a Group 3+ enemy that was trivial because it kept spamming telegraphs which made it pathetically easy to kite around until Emergency Reserves and my healing Gadget came off cooldown. Took a few minutes and 2-3 Overdrives but it was no problem. However I've seen enemies with similar health totals that just dismantle me and I can't tell how you're supposed to know which is which, other than "Group 5+ is not really meant to be soloable at all, everything else who knows."

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

gigawhite posted:

I was really enjoying this game up until we got to the first pair of dungeons at 20. Jesus christ what a screwjob those things are for barely any reward. It was satisfying to finally beat one of them but half a level and one crappy blue item for two hour's work doesn't justify it at all. I get that dungeons are supposed to be challenging with adventures being a little more forgiving, but I'm a guy who likes running 5 man dungeons while I'm leveling and I don't want to set foot into another one of those again at this point.

Even if you enjoyed the dungeons (like I do) there aren't a lot of them leveling up. After Stormtalon/Kel Voreth you won't see another until 35. In between, you have the snoozefest DOTA adventure and the Siege of Whatever, which I haven't run but have not heard a single good thing about it from the people who have.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I had this cool plan to hit Level 50, I was going to turn off my HUD and apply Devastator Probes on an enemy on low HP then blink away and do a dance

Then I got some amazing successive crits on Discharge and nuked the enemy, missing my chance

So many tears

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Bashez posted:

Anyone having any advice for PVPing as a stalker?

Slot more CC/CC Break/Mobility.

Not to brag since most Exiles are absolutely godawful at PvP, but I light poo poo up on my Stalker. The brilliance of the class in PvP is how, broadly speaking, all of their utility abilities can be used in two ways. Some of this is overt (False Escape or whatever, Tether Mine as defense or offense), some of it less so (the charge & snare can just as easily function as an escape, the break CC and go into improved stealth thing can be used for another guaranteed crit, etc).

Stalker essentially grants you the luxury of always being able to engage on your terms. This is invaluable in world PvP, but still perfectly applicable in battlegrounds. Exploit the poo poo out of it and pick your targets wisely. The Esper healer at full health/shields in the back of the zerg knows he'll be jumped sooner or later and is ready for it. On the other hand, the Engineer at half health with some shield still up thinks he's god's gift to tanking -- and so does the Esper, so he's a low-priority healing target. If you're a DPS Stalker, go for the weakest link.

If you're a tank Stalker, be the initiator. Suddenly exploding out of stealth in the middle of their zerg and not immediately crumpling like a tissue to collateral AOE causes panic and chaos, and undisciplined groups will scatter for easy picking off.

Psydeath
Oct 7, 2006

WHOAHHHH!!! IM READY!
Well i just lost most of my money with the metal planks nerf. Was hoarding 1200 iron chunks to craft today so now i can only make 19G back from that. drat i shouldve done it last night.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Psydeath posted:

Well i just lost most of my money with the metal planks nerf. Was hoarding 1200 iron chunks to craft today so now i can only make 19G back from that. drat i shouldve done it last night.

How bad was the nerf? As in how much do metal planks sell for now?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
I'm considering going from Survivalist/Architect on my Stalker to Relic Hunter / Technologist. Does anyone have any experience with Technologist and can let me know how useful/interesting it is compared to Architect? Not that I terribly dislike Architect or anything, I'd just rather make Boosts or Field Tech if they're useful to have (or Power Cores that I can sell to other players or give to my friends to make other poo poo).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think everybody can agree that Veteran War of the Wilds was too easy, but making Gold actually rng-dependent was a really dumb choice, especially when Colonel Rakar can give you a broken quest.

(Basically if you want to grind you should do Crimelords now).

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

CrashCat posted:

:laffo:

Oh well, make sure you're adding a reply every day to express your sentiment on the ticket anyway. Somehow I doubt you ever get a refund or even a resolution though. NCSoft support is renowned for being garbage.

Finally got a response:

"I have reviewed the details of this incident. After careful consideration of the information available to us, including your appeal, I am confident in the decision to suspend the account. I understand your position on this topic, but we feel that the Real Money Trader violation was severe enough to merit the suspension it received.

You are welcome to submit additional questions, however, we do not want to give you the impression that anything you say or do will reverse or alter the decision to suspend your account. Your account will be available after the suspension has ended. Any additional appeals or inquiries regarding the action taken on the account will receive this same response."

I haven't done any real money trading of any kind. I have no interest in playing an MMO where I can be banned for absolutely nothing out of the blue, so guess that's it for me.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

How bad was the nerf? As in how much do metal planks sell for now?

Metal Platform - 5s 82c
Metal Plank - 4s 92c

Silver Keg - 17s 66c

Exile Hanging Lamp 49s 33c - this is what I had been making, was ~80 silver before took a big hit on it this morning, placed a buy order last night, ended up losing over half of what I had made previously.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

Metal Platform - 5s 82c
Metal Plank - 4s 92c

Silver Keg - 17s 66c

Exile Hanging Lamp 49s 33c - this is what I had been making, was ~80 silver before took a big hit on it this morning, placed a buy order last night, ended up losing over half of what I had made previously.

So yeah basically I'll still make money off of my own farming but not the AH anymore. Fair enough.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
lol at them making wotw harder and more rng dependent when it was the only adventure that wasn't a complete and total poo poo show of bugs and rng.

oh carbine

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

With a good rotation you can keep surge running for most of it anyways, it's a little more clunky, but that's life.

If anything I'm having to learn when not to surge.

I never played pre-change beta slinger and I like the current mechanics just fine because it keeps me engaged and using my special class abilitiy to its fullest - I've always had a bad habit in MMOs of forgetting to use dps cooldowns frequently, so my engineer and warriors aren't getting nearly enough use out of Exosuit or Overdrive outside of bosses. On the Spellslinger I've not had this problem.

I think in the beta I could basically use surged Rapid Fire, Wild Barrage and I think True Shot for a physical damage rotation, filling up with unsurged Quick Draws. Because barrage and Rapid fire both take a long time to execute per surge spent it worked ok, but this was at a level where I didn't have Trigger Fingers or that one AMP that restores spell energy on crits, which seems appealing since physical damage slingers poo poo out so many individual attacks.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 10, 2014

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
They went from circa 16 silver to 5 silver.

I had 70 gold of unfulfilled buy orders at 3,20 silver each and around 70 gold worth of matts from fulfilled orders at the same price. A third of them went to other similar buy orders and two thirds will make 5g platforms. So I've probably "lost" around 25-30 gold.

I'm level 11 with over a platinum having started with 3 gold though so I can't complain.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Psykmoe posted:

I never played pre-change beta slinger and I like the current mechanics just fine because it keeps me engaged and using my special class abilitiy to its fullest - I've always had a bad habit in MMOs of forgetting to use dps cooldowns frequently, so my engineer and warriors aren't getting nearly enough use out of Exosuit or Overdrive outside of bosses. On the Spellslinger I've not had this problem.
Overdrive is like a 1min cooldown, it's worth spamming. The only reason I don't spam it as much as I should is that a lot of things don't survive one MoO with Rampage + Breaching Strikes. If anything still had decent amounts of health left at that point then Overdrive -> Rampage all but instantaneously kills them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dropbear posted:

You are welcome to submit additional questions, however, we do not want to give you the impression that anything you say or do will reverse or alter the decision to suspend your account. Your account will be available after the suspension has ended. Any additional appeals or inquiries regarding the action taken on the account will receive this same response.
Wow, what a bag of dicks. They won't even tell you what evidence they found. What a giant load of garbage. Worst part is you will never get any sympathy from the players since they just assume all the banned folks deserve it. :bang:

• Locked thread