Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bruceski posted:

I can understand saying "we're not going to actively develop for the WiiU unless things pick up," but if you have a game done and sitting on a shelf, why sit on it?

My guess is that Ubisoft feels this game is one that lacks the longevity to sell well past its launch, so they're going for the typical AAA approach of "only launch week sales count," and launch week sales will almost always be bigger on a bigger install base. That said, this move is still, as far as I can gather, pretty stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I like the WiiU, Nintendo, Nintendo Games, and stuff like that. They're very good to me.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

AdmiralViscen posted:

I have more PS4 games than Wii U games.

My condolences

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's true, every shooter is identical and interchangeable. Just like how The Wire, COPS, and CSI are the same because they're all cop shows.

You can get all of them on PC as well so there isn't a reason to own another next gen console but the Wii U

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crowbear posted:

So Ubisoft is just straight up saying that they're sitting on a finished Wii U game waiting for the instal base to grow. If it doesn't get big enough soon enough they might just scrap it or release it elsewhere.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115572804

Why would Ubisoft stop being massive bell ends now even when the Wii U has something of an install base?

Seriously, if Nintendo had any balls they've told them to gently caress right off after they used the Wii U as a Rayman Legends on every other platform advertising machine.

It's not like Watch_Dogs is going to be worth it outside of it being 720/60 but I kinda doubt that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ConanThe3rd posted:

Seriously, if Nintendo had any balls they've told them to gently caress right off after they used the Wii U as a Rayman Legends on every other platform advertising machine.

Totally, telling the only 3rd party still supporting you to gently caress off would have been a great idea.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 10, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is a third Rayman game still happening. I only saw Assassin Creed stuff and other things I do not care about from Ubisoft.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

ConanThe3rd posted:

Why would Ubisoft stop being massive bell ends now even when the Wii U has something of an install base?
Life-to-date US sales numbers from GAF:

Luigi U > 250k > Donkey Kong > PIKMIN3 > 230K
RAYMAN > SONIC > MHU3 > 100K
TW101: 74K

Those are not good numbers. DKTF was literally the only retail game not based on a licensed property between Mario World and Mario Kart.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Totally, telling the only 3rd party still supporting you to gently caress off would have been a great idea.

"support" usually implies not sinking the 3rd party environment by delaying your game for 6 months and then going multi platform

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ConanThe3rd posted:

"support" usually implies not sinking the 3rd party environment by delaying your game for 6 months and then going multi platform

Getting 3rd Party Support usually means your system not selling like rear end for 12+ months straight, following that up by not telling 3rd parties to gently caress off in order to appease some random dude on the internet.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You can get all of them on PC as well so there isn't a reason to own another next gen console but the Wii U

There's no reason to own one of those either or a new PC because all the best PC games are at least 10 years old. Gaming is dead.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

seizure later posted:

There's no reason to own one of those either or a new PC because all the best PC games are at least 10 years old. Gaming is dead.

Good thing we have backlog. :shepface:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Zachack posted:

Life-to-date US sales numbers from GAF:
TW101: 74K

5258 copies in launch week in Japan, straight out of the top 25 in week 2.

Nintendo lost a lot of money on that game.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

Getting 3rd Party Support usually means your system not selling like rear end for 12+ months straight, following that up by not telling 3rd parties to gently caress off in order to appease some random dude on the internet.
Ubisoft jumped that ship long before we were in that "rear end" period (and I argue even made matters worse on the 3rd party situation).

I wouldn't allow any partner to so utterly bugger up my business like Ubisoft have without any sort of retribution.

Hell, I wager part of the reason Watch_Dogs has been a no show is that Nintendo have the Eye of loving Sauron upon that and the moment any certification build dips to 58 fps it gets flung right back at Ubisoft's face.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 10, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

e: the wii u is very bad and this thread is very bad too, kill all gay babies

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stop making the thread funny if you want it gone so bad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Wii U is in fact gaming's ambrosia.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If one were so inclined, one could indeed describe the Wii U as gaming's creamy fruit salad.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

Rudoku posted:

Stop making the thread funny if you want it gone so bad.

I disagree.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

ConanThe3rd posted:

Hell, I wager part of the reason Watch_Dogs has been a no show is that Nintendo have the Eye of loving Sauron upon that and the moment any certification build dips to 58 fps it gets flung right back at Ubisoft's face.

The reason Watch Dogs for Wii U isn't out was because Ubisoft needed more hands on deck on the versions that would actually sell, so the Wii U version devs were told to stop working on that to help out with the other versions.

It has absolutely nothing to do with some insane imaginary Wii U cert process where Nintendo rejects anything that doesn't always run at a solid 60fps, a standard which, if enforced, would have blocked a number of Nintendo first party releases.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I cannot for the life of me ever understand how people even consider that monstrosity food. I tried it once and I still cant get the marshmallow puff diabetus out of my mouth.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Man I can't wait to see how badly Nintendo fucks up the most interest there has ever been for the Wii U today

At the very least they won't be showcasing an exclusive TV show for 20 minutes I guess that's OK

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ubisoft jumped that ship long before we were in that "rear end" period (and I argue even made matters worse on the 3rd party situation).

I wouldn't allow any partner to so utterly bugger up my business like Ubisoft have without any sort of retribution.

WiiU sales fell off a cliff 2 months after its holiday launch and have never recovered. There isn't really any, "before" rear end.

Third party games sell terribly on the system. Nintendo has no leverage to enact any sort of insane "retribution" because Ubisoft is doing the company a favor for giving 20-50K sales any consideration at all.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

deadwing posted:

Man I can't wait to see how badly Nintendo fucks up the most interest there has ever been for the Wii U today

At the very least they won't be showcasing an exclusive TV show for 20 minutes I guess that's OK

You know you'd watch a new Captain N or Mario Bros Super Show.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

ConanThe3rd posted:

You know that Ubisoft is a company operating for profit right? They're not a nonprofit dedicated to the advancement of Nintendo platforms. If they think they can make more money with a later launch window then they're gonna wait.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As a Wii U owner, not even I would buy Watch Dogs for the system when I can get it now for my PS3, or get it from the bargain bin on the PS4 once the WIi U version eventually comes out.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

This thread should die, then we can all go back to discussing Nintendo in the proper Wii U thread where open discussion is welcome and encouraged.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sarchasm posted:

This thread should die, then we can all go back to discussing Nintendo in the proper Wii U thread where open discussion is welcome and encouraged.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sarchasm posted:

Nah, I like it better here. You can't armchair CEO as much in the main thread. Nintendo should go to the Ouya.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
It's a good thing that you don't have to pay a subscription to play Nintendo online. That's why I won't buy a ps or Xbox...there's no way I'm paying a monthly bill to play online. I can do cable bill, cell phone bill, rent, but an XBOX bill? Fucccck that poo poo is for assholes

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

crikster posted:

It's a good thing that you don't have to pay a subscription to play Nintendo online. That's why I won't buy a ps or Xbox...there's no way I'm paying a monthly bill to play online. I can do cable bill, cell phone bill, rent, but an XBOX bill? Fucccck that poo poo is for assholes

PS3 is and always has been free to play online, and that's one of the reasons I bought one (I hardly use it anyway, but it's nice to have the option when I'm not paying for it). It's a shame the PS4's moving to the subscription model. At least they give away all kinds of free games and deals and poo poo for their customers. I probably won't pay anyway.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

crikster posted:

With how terrible Nintendo's online services are it would probably be deemed criminal activity if they charged for it

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

MK8 runs at 59fps in any mode with AI drivers and 30fps in 4-way split so that's maybe not likely.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Hello, I was told that the Wii U is not gaming's ambrosia. Can someone else give me their thoughts on this subject?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marxist Hobo posted:

Hello, I was told that the Wii U is not gaming's ambrosia. Can someone else give me their thoughts on this subject?

It's not at least until 2015, if their E3 conference is anything to go by.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
What has been announced at E3 today so far? Anything interesting?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Astro7x posted:

As a Wii U owner, not even I would buy Watch Dogs for the system when I can get it now for my PS3, or get it from the bargain bin on the PS4 once the WIi U version eventually comes out.

why would you even buy it at all?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Well that was a wet fart of an event.

Suspicious Dish posted:

What has been announced at E3 today so far? Anything interesting?

A bunch of games we knew about but aren't coming for at least a year, and paintball.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Motto posted:

Well that was a wet fart of an event.

actually it owned and you are a huge retard :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Yaoi Mandel posted: