Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Dante posted:

Signed up as Dante for the wiki, hope this internet spaceship game is better than Eve!

If nothing else, it offers the joys of what I posted above. That and giant, strobing, laser-show parrots under a disco sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
I think the whole marquisnoir saga should be put in the op, especially since he aggressively messages people he thinks are in Goon fleets with poo poo nobody can make sense of.

Also who the hell is "Kos"?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Goat Pillager posted:

So, I had Marquisnor PM me out of nowhere today, claiming Dental and NoP would not fight him. I took him up on it.

After losing badly with these results

To this mighty ship

He chose to rant at me inanely for a while, and I thought about trolling him but decided "No...let's see what happens when I act civil to a completely batshit pubbie".

This being the result: http://pastebin.com/XnFLx5Cy

Short summary, this man is far beyond broken or shattered and completely, irredeemably insane.

I'd watch a Louis Theroux documentary where he goes around just listening to MMO people being crazy.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013

Atrayonis posted:

I think the whole marquisnoir saga should be put in the op, especially since he aggressively messages people he thinks are in Goon fleets with poo poo nobody can make sense of.

Also who the hell is "Kos"?

That would be me, I was in fleet with her year and some time ago, witnessed some poo poo from her and then left. That's how I know about her son, dad, lovely life and etc.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.
A lovely conversation with Marquisnoir: http://pastebin.com/YmuDgqxp

Worst 30 minutes of my life.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Someone leak to marq that Nbreeki is really a Kosmicka alt.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

DataDyne posted:

A lovely conversation with Marquisnoir: http://pastebin.com/YmuDgqxp

Worst 30 minutes of my life.

"Those Klingon Bastards killed my dead gay son."

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

quote:

[2:26] [Tell] Mecredi Addams@marquisnoir: defensive eh, so how much does dental give you, how much play money does your soul cost?
where is my blood zen, denalt hivemind

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Dante posted:

Signed up as Dante for the wiki, hope this internet spaceship game is better than Eve!

You can get like 99% of the tears you get out of EVE with 1% of the effort. Basically this is a really casual mmo full of sperglords that take it super-seriously. So you end up untouchable because there are literally no in game consequences to absolutely anything but that doesn't stop them from having huge meltdowns over poo poo that doesn't matter.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is the experimental romulan plasma beam worth using even when the rest of your weapons are not plasma? That lack of weapon drain seems pretty strong, and I'd probably be using the console with it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Someone leak to marq that Nbreeki is really a Kosmicka alt.

He seems pretty worked up about Denalts getting paid to join. I wonder how he'd react to finding out we're bankrolled by Best Korea.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Goat Pillager posted:

So, I had Marquisnor PM me out of nowhere today, claiming Dental and NoP would not fight him. I took him up on it.

After losing badly with these results

To this mighty ship

He chose to rant at me inanely for a while, and I thought about trolling him but decided "No...let's see what happens when I act civil to a completely batshit pubbie".

This being the result: http://pastebin.com/XnFLx5Cy

Short summary, this man is far beyond broken or shattered and completely, irredeemably insane.

Heh, he lost to the bestship

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Berke Negri posted:

where is my blood zen, denalt hivemind

It was spent when we had to upgrade our Starbase to field the space F-35.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

quote:

[2:26] [Tell] Mecredi Addams@marquisnoir: defensive eh, so how much does dental give you, how much play money does your soul cost?

I use the tears of virgins in occult rituals to maintain my unnatural youth. Star Trek Online has been enormously valuable to me, and I recommend Starfleet Dental to anyone who is interested in the dark arte.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So if I do the 25 day jetpack grind for the cruise ship of the stars, does the 40 pearl cost for alts also translate into the corvette too (for my main and alts)?

edit: I guess Ill just park my fed and kdf alts there to get the 40 pearls a day as I still am running around grinding through five reps on my romulan main.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 10, 2014

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Berke Negri posted:

So if I do the 25 day jetpack grind for the cruise ship of the stars, does the 40 pearl cost for alts also translate into the corvette too (for my main and alts)?
Nope. You should do the grind on two separate characters, one for the Corvette, one for the Luxury Cruiser, to get the discount on both for all characters.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Right now I'm doing the grind on two characters, one for the Cruiser, one for whatever comes out next year (since I have the corvette already).

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

wdarkk posted:

Right now I'm doing the grind on two characters, one for the Cruiser, one for whatever comes out next year (since I have the corvette already).

Crap, that's a good idea. I'll fire up a third.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Acer Pilot posted:

Crap, that's a good idea. I'll fire up a third.

jeeze yea uh good call

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Oh, duh. Was going to do like I did for the Winter event and just keep farming the items to get mostly done for the next year, but there's no reason not to just farm pearls up on a second character now yeah. :downs:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Played this on release and then for like a month every year or so thereafter. Couldn't for the life of me get access to my old account, so I'm @valentinescrab in game and I'd like access to the channel.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

LonsomeSon posted:

Played this on release and then for like a month every year or so thereafter. Couldn't for the life of me get access to my old account, so I'm @valentinescrab in game and I'd like access to the channel.

Dante posted:

You're both in.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I think there's something I'm not getting when it comes to ALL-NEW(Yeah, but it's been months) REPUTATION.

In almost all cases, the space weapon shops are Mark 12 purple only, unlocked at Tier 4. Ground stuff unlocks earlier at Tier 2 or 3 usually. Mark 11 purples are now randomly gotten out of the reward boxes from around Tier 1 or 2. You get four chances per day(1 for the daily, 3 for the hourlies, not counting spending more for the ones that don't grant rep), you may not get something useful(Given that the boxes could pull anything, space or ground, weapon or console, any weapon type-as in Beam Arrays vs Cannons vs Pulsewave vs minigun vs...).

It's GOOD in that you're getting good gear, and not needing to spend Dilithium, only Credits and Expertise which everyone can get at, especially since Mark 11 and 12 are seen as the default by the playerbase.

It's the random element, I guess. It takes a while to get to stuff.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 11, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The box from the rep projects are basically just bonus loot. You have a chance of anything from the current rep tier with a smaller chance of something from the next rep tier, and it can be blue or purple quality (and is the only way to get blue rewards from reps currently) with any of the available assortment of weapon modifiers. It's basically a way for complete newbies to get some gearing up while they level the reps, and with luck someone better geared might get some useful purple weapons from it.

If you want to actually specifically gear yourself up with MkXII rep stuff, that's what the unlocked reputation stores are for. It just costs dilithium rather than gambling and praying. :v:

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Who do I talk to about Wiki access?

I registered an account under this forum name but I still have an Access Denied message when trying to navigate around.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That Korgan fellow will probably get around to clicking his magic button for you at some point.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Aleth posted:

That Korgan fellow will probably get around to clicking his magic button for you at some point.

You don't know me.

Wicaeed you're authorised on the wiki.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

The box from the rep projects are basically just bonus loot. You have a chance of anything from the current rep tier with a smaller chance of something from the next rep tier, and it can be blue or purple quality (and is the only way to get blue rewards from reps currently) with any of the available assortment of weapon modifiers. It's basically a way for complete newbies to get some gearing up while they level the reps, and with luck someone better geared might get some useful purple weapons from it.

If you want to actually specifically gear yourself up with MkXII rep stuff, that's what the unlocked reputation stores are for. It just costs dilithium rather than gambling and praying. :v:

This is pretty much it. I've decked out my new Romulan engineer with Mk XII weapons and I've got at least one good beam array out of it. If you get something you can't use, vendor it to pay for the rep project.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Thinking of playing this game for a bit, havent touched it in a couple of years.

Don't remember anything, so just rolling a new character. Reading the OP, a Klingon Tactical Officer sounds good, if I pick that will I be lacking access to many ships? Should I just go Romulan?

I think all my past characters were Federation, Klingons weren't very fleshed out back when I last played IIRC.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Rom Tac is pretty much "the best" you can do right now in terms of loving poo poo up but any faction and career will work. There's enough cross faction content to get you to cap but there are also plenty of regular story missions for everybody so you should be fine there too. Klingons suck for costumes, Romulans are a bit better but if you want to play dressup you pretty much want to go Fed. Also go grind the summer event daily right now for a sweet sweet endgame ship.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Quick question: With all the new torpedoes coming out lately, is it still worth it to use the Rom Hyperplasma Torpedo for PvE (I'm currently driving an Armitage)? Or would the Gravimetric Photon or Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon be better?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Turning facism fabulous.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

alfheimwanderer posted:

Quick question: With all the new torpedoes coming out lately, is it still worth it to use the Rom Hyperplasma Torpedo for PvE (I'm currently driving an Armitage)? Or would the Gravimetric Photon or Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon be better?

I replaced the Romulan torp with the Dyson torp because the shorter travel time on photons is nice and running the torp with the Dyson console gives a +3% crith bonus. I'd pick it up for sure if you've got the dil/marks.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
It's still good in certain builds that require it, such as the plasma based timeship build that depends on bleedthrough damage for dps.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Korgan posted:

You're both in.

Thanks. I gotta say that the mac client for this game is a real piece of poo poo. Even getting through character creation is a loving drag because the colours, lightning and textures keep spazzing out. I'm tempted to just bootcamp it instead.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Okay, my goal is to get Bijor into the foundry spotlight but pubbies don't seem to like learning the truth about Bajorans.

I need some kind goons who haven't reviewed these to please do. 5's appreciated.

Surprisingly, the pubbies haven't given Bijor 2 any 1's because it's basically a Michael Bay movie.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Dante posted:

Thanks. I gotta say that the mac client for this game is a real piece of poo poo. Even getting through character creation is a loving drag because the colours, lightning and textures keep spazzing out. I'm tempted to just bootcamp it instead.

Lower the graphics settings. The defaults probably turn on something that doesn't work (there are a LOT of candidates for that).

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
hello i would like to rejoin starfleet dental

mot cumberton@mott

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Okay, my goal is to get Bijor into the foundry spotlight but pubbies don't seem to like learning the truth about Bajorans.

I need some kind goons who haven't reviewed these to please do. 5's appreciated.

Surprisingly, the pubbies haven't given Bijor 2 any 1's because it's basically a Michael Bay movie.

I'll run through it this evening and rate it when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

I'll run through it this evening and rate it when I can.

Thanks!

• Locked thread