Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Steve? Nah man gently caress that guy he will NOT set foot in our softball game. Guy cheats at golf and scrabble and if I ever see him again I don't know how i am going to react.

I get what you're saying but woah calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This guy cheated on his wife, he's probably gonna cheat in CS too.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Please seek the bushido code for guidance and peace in these troubling times of hackusations and trolls.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Are you guys making analogies of my analogy? Admittedly mine does seem a bit silly now. Hmmm, and a bit angry. Sounded like I was ready to burn the fuckers house down.

Edit: vibes restored?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Steve? Nah man gently caress that guy he will NOT set foot in our softball game. Guy cheats at golf and scrabble and if I ever see him again I don't know how i am going to react.

I get what you're saying but woah calm down.

loving lmaoo

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Shogunner posted:

i dont know if this is the place for this but you dont have messages

are you the guy who was loving his adopted sister from facepunch.com??
Nope, not me. Does this dude have a similar name as me or something?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

bpower posted:

"Hey guys sorry for cheating in last weeks poker game. Oh, I see you're playing Omaha Hi/Lo this week. Thats great I never cheated at that. Where's my seat?" Get absolutely hosed.

lmao

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Just wanted to share a bit of progress:

http://twowordbird.com/csgo/spraylab.html

Carrier
May 12, 2009

a slime posted:

This site is useless until I can show off my skins somehow, pls address.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Carrier posted:

This site is useless until I can show off my skins somehow, pls address.

Microtransaction opportunity right here

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

a slime posted:

Is there anyway to see shotgun pellets or whatever?

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Babyface Mingo posted:

Is there anyway to see shotgun pellets or whatever?

Yeah, that's controlled by spread, which I'll add with inaccuracy (hopefully) sometime in the next few days

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

a slime posted:

Yeah, that's controlled by spread, which I'll add with inaccuracy (hopefully) sometime in the next few days

Good poo poo.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Babyface Mingo posted:

Good poo poo.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Requesting plugin that displays an oversized :csgo: every time you die.

I think this game was developed as a giant practical joke on "competitive" games.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 9, 2014

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Best 1v5 clutch ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viGiU8Ysapw

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

a slime posted:

Blue line is great but it can be distracting when you get familiar with the pattern. Option to turn it off?

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

a slime posted:

Um.. Excuse me is there an inverted option?

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Ephedra posted:

Refresh, it's there now

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Ephedra posted:

You are a loving monster. Inverted makes no sense at all as a human.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Shadowlz posted:

Exactly.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

It still makes more sense than stretched 4:3, which someone already asked me to add so I guess I will do that soon too

VVVV yes you are correct

a slime fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 9, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

a slime posted:

It still makes more sense than stretched 4:3, which someone already asked me to add so I guess I will do that soon too

Shouldn't that not matter for the pattern, but only the appearance of the pattern?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kaschei posted:

Shouldn't that not matter for the pattern, but only the appearance of the pattern?

Mouse behavior at 4:3 when you stretch it feels quite a bit different, i don't think its so much that the pattern changes but the movements you need to make are

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

You should have the background have targets you can shoot at. Maybe even make a background selection.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Mouse behavior at 4:3 when you stretch it feels quite a bit different, i don't think its so much that the pattern changes but the movements you need to make are
I am almost positive that mouse movement gets turned into angular rotation and not pixel distances, so this doesn't make any sense.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kaschei posted:

I am almost positive that mouse movement gets turned into angular rotation and not pixel distances, so this doesn't make any sense.

I don't know much about angular rotation or pixel distances but there's a V noticeable difference in mouse movement, i don't know whether spray control is actually different as well, but that is likely the reason somebody requested it.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Shadowlz posted:

I am an airplane that's why it makes sense to me

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Shadowlz posted:

Who doesn't like flying their terrorist shaped ship around and planting bombs... What is wrong with you people...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
9 out of 10 pros play inverted with arrows keys instead of WASD. It's a fact!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Salt Fish posted:

9 out of 10 pros play inverted with arrows keys instead of WASD. It's a fact!

I wager it is not in fact, a fact.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I don't know much about angular rotation or pixel distances but there's a V noticeable difference in mouse movement, i don't know whether spray control is actually different as well, but that is likely the reason somebody requested it.
It's absurd on its face. If you have the same 360' distance in 4:3 as 16:9 — which you should, but I haven't confirmed for myself — how could mouse motion be different? Any distance will result in the same rotation.

I'm confident that if a robot moved a mouse in a pattern on a 16:9 and 4:3 setup you'd get exactly the same actual cursor motion. I've played games with adjustable FOV and the subjective experience is different because you're constantly using visual feedback. It might be worth implementing in the spray thing but I really want to understand exactly what transformation is going on and I'm hoping a slime can either confirm my suspicions or tell me where I'm wrong.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
It likely feels different because of the restricted FOV yes. Also that mouse stuff calculator page has you input your horizontal resolution, don't know if the output actually changes if you put in a diff res though so it might be technically the same. Im pretty sure the different feel is just caused by playing stretched. If you letterbox it's basically the same.

My point before was that mousing can feel quite different but on slimes "app", there is basically no reason to request a 4:3 version.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 10, 2014

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
There's basically no reason to play in 4:3 but that never stopped idiots before

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

down with slavery posted:

There's basically no reason to play in 4:3 but that never stopped idiots before

It's just idiots cargo-culting pros who never made the switch to widescreen. And then they try to justify it by saying it "helps you focus", and "peripheral vision doesn't matter, because you should be holding the right angle anyway". Ugh.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I solo queued to global elite on 4:3. In the worst case it just doesn't really matter.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
So trying to introduce two newbies to competitive. They haven't ever played cs:go before. Is there a tried and true way to get them immersed without scaring them off?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So trying to introduce two newbies to competitive. They haven't ever played cs:go before. Is there a tried and true way to get them immersed without scaring them off?

Have them go through the weapons course first so they learn the basics at their own pace. After that some deathmatch / casual competitive so they understand the broader dynamics of the game. After that go nuts.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Tell them how the guns work. A friend of mine has three hundred hours played in this game and just found out that the gun recoil is a thing, let alone that it is repeatable and can be compensated for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Necc0 posted:

Have them go through the weapons course

I forgot that this was even a thing that exists

• Locked thread