Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is the stream that the digital event happened on where the showfloor/demo streams will be as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
I want Mario Maker to come out sooner than 2015 :smith:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Yoshi's Wooly World and the taste of new Zedla got me insanely excited. Dammit Nintendo release faster!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm so down for a Wii U in late 2015 or early 2016 now.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So whats the schedule for the Wii U looking like now?

October is Bayonetta
November is Hyrule Warriors
December is Smash
2015 everything else?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Really early info about the new Star Fox
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/10/star-fox-wii-u-announced-possibly-tied-to-other-projects.aspx

Itagaki's Devil's Third confirmed as a Wii U exclusive.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-devils-third-is-a-wii-u-exclusive

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Devil's Third, the long-in-development Tomonobu Itagaki game, is a Wii U exclusive:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-devils-third-is-a-wii-u-exclusive

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Toad is Holiday 2014, why does everyone forget about Captain Toad?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Watching the Splatoon stuff, the only thing I could think of was "poo poo, playing with goons will just be dicks drawn everywhere."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two games that Nintendo completely neglected to mention outside of their press release: the full Art Academy release, coming this year, and a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game, coming next year.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

MaxDuo posted:

Watching the Splatoon stuff, the only thing I could think of was "poo poo, playing with goons will just be dicks drawn everywhere."

I think you mean COMPETITIVELY drawing dick butts.

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

So whats the schedule for the Wii U looking like now?

October is Bayonetta
November is Hyrule Warriors
December is Smash
2015 everything else?

Hyrule Warriors comes out in September dude

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Tirux posted:

Hyrule Warriors comes out in September dude

Ah ok. Im just trying to figure out the timeline and how broke Im going to be in 2015.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
There was some really neat stuff in that presentation. I'm bummed that X got delayed though, and the complete lack of any new SMTxFE news is kinda worrying.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did anyone else not know that Bayonetta's co-op mode is online? I didn't, and now I do. Sweet.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Now, I'm sure that there are a few more little surprises ahead this week. However, things are weaker than I expected for Wii U this year.

Smash is sounding better than ever, Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors are coming pretty soon, and we'll be getting Watch Dogs and Project CARS on the third-party side...but Xenoblade has been pushed to next year.

Yoshi's Woolly World, Proper Zelda, Splatoon, also all next year. And from that picture, Star Fox looks like it's just a proof-of-concept. The way Miyamoto's holding the GamePad reminds me of one of the GamePad's first ever control demos, Shield Pose.

The figurines might get the kids interested, the GameCube controller will certainly get the hardcore Smashers hyped, but all of the quality upper-middle class stuff is off in the distance...

At least it all looks unique - no grim grey/brown dudebro RPG/shooters! :cheeky:

Oh, and:

Crowbear posted:

and the complete lack of any new SMTxFE news is kinda worrying.

Seconded...

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Does everyone use the gamepad for Pikmin?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I used the old Gamepad controls, but I feel like the best way to play is with the Wiimote controls.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Comrade Flynn posted:

I've been using it because I don't wanna look for my nunchuks and I find it alright. It's a bit annoying trying to rally all of your Pikmin though.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
What the hell; my gamepad turned itself on and put up an ad for 30% off of Mario, Yoshi and Zelda games on the eShop. Related to E3, I assume. But more importantly than that: did I agree to having this thing turn itself on to beam ads at me whenever it wants?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

What the hell; my gamepad turned itself on and put up an ad for 30% off of Mario, Yoshi and Zelda games on the eShop. Related to E3, I assume. But more importantly than that: did I agree to having this thing turn itself on to beam ads at me whenever it wants?

Yes you did, after you installed the new update. You can disable it in the system settings.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

matrix ripoff posted:

There was a big whole thing in the new update saying HEY MAN YOU WANNA ENABLE GAMEPAD ALERTS YES/NO so yes you agreed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

matrix ripoff posted:

in the last update you did, yes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Synthetic Hermit posted:

At least it all looks unique - no grim grey/brown dudebro RPG/shooters! :cheeky:

I did love that they showed a shootyman of their own that was like the antithesis of the grey and brown Sony/MS shootymans by having it be a game where you shoot colorful paint everywhere instead of bullets. And squids.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

E: nevermind

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

axleblaze posted:

Looks like Bayonetta 2 is going to include the original game with it.

It's a dumb reason but I was going to not get Bayonetta 2 only because I didn't play the first one :effort: Looks like they solved that problem.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Captain Toad is probably the game I'm most excited for. It's so cute.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Comrade Flynn posted:

I've been using the new touch controls and I like them. Wiimote and nunchuck is probably the best but I suck at motion controls.

That was a really great showing of games. I think I'm pretty much going to buy every single one.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

This 30% off is going to make me buy Wind Waker HD (it was my close second to NSMBU for the freebie). Take all my money nintendo, I don't care anymore. :shepspends:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It's kind of annoying Nintendo price gouged fans of Earthbound on the VC release and then mocked them for wanting the sequel to come over.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Spacebump posted:

It's kind of annoying Nintendo price gouged fans of Earthbound on the VC release and then mocked them for wanting the sequel to come over.

This is only annoying if you are a huge nerd

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Macaluso posted:

I did love that they showed a shootyman of their own that was like the antithesis of the grey and brown Sony/MS shootymans by having it be a game where you shoot colorful paint everywhere instead of bullets. And squids.
Seriously, I think this E3 is where it really hit me how little I care for the general "AAA" feel and aesthetic. Rolled my eyes so hard at that game trailer with the crying girl singing "Silent Night." But I was practically giddy during that Nintendo video today. The stuff all looks so fun, especially Toad Captain and Yoshi's Woolly World.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

poopzilla posted:

This 30% off is going to make me buy Wind Waker HD (it was my close second to NSMBU for the freebie). Take all my money nintendo, I don't care anymore. :shepspends:

If you hit up eBay or SA mart, you can get someone's download code for $20.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Captain Toad is probably the game I'm most excited for. It's so cute.

Was sad to see it uses Gamepad offscreen poo poo. Nintendo needs to get off that poo poo and realize the best thing it has is not needing a loving TV.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

If you hit up eBay or SA mart, you can get someone's download code for $20.

Hmmm, might do that. Thanks!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Considering the Toad levels in SM3DW can work Gamepad only I'm positive the standalone game will too. Nintendo has been really good at supporting Off-TV play with every game.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Minidust posted:

Seriously, I think this E3 is where it really hit me how little I care for the general "AAA" feel and aesthetic. Rolled my eyes so hard at that game trailer with the crying girl singing "Silent Night." But I was practically giddy during that Nintendo video today. The stuff all looks so fun, especially Toad Captain and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Well see Nintendo remembers that they make games and don't cream themselves about their dark, gritty story lines that no one will give a poo poo about since it's the same tired trope we've seen since the xbox 360 launch

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im so excited for Captain Toad. The one thing that I didnt like about Mario 3D World is how few of those there were

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Gutcruncher posted:

Im so excited for Captain Toad. The one thing that I didnt like about Mario 3D World is how few of those there were

Yeah they were all really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Actually that was hilarious.

Gutcruncher posted:

My favorite thing about this is that ever since 3D World came out you had people clamoring on Miiverse for them to make a full Captain Toad game. And they actually listened!

• Locked thread