Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

absolutely anything posted:

This is only annoying if you are a huge nerd

this is 95% of the Nintendo fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gutcruncher posted:

Im so excited for Captain Toad. The one thing that I didnt like about Mario 3D World is how few of those there were

I kind of felt like the Captain Toad stages, while good, didn't really fit the game and it always felt jarring to do them after the usual levels. The levels were TOO different. It makes so much sense to have them be a full game and I'm excited for it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's definitely getting a retail release, here's the box art:

I wonder if it'll end up being a Luigi U budget/expack deal or if they're gonna go all out with it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
How's the heat dispersion on this thing? My Wii sits nice and perky on top of my 360 (I have limited space, my entertainment center is more of an entertainment kitty-corner) without giving it any trouble, but I get the feeling I'd be pushing my luck trying it with its fat older brother.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wonder if it'll end up being a Luigi U budget/expack deal or if they're gonna go all out with it.

I seriously love this so much

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Holy cow, that's great.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So we're supposed to get more presser in 10 minutes, right?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

How's the heat dispersion on this thing? My Wii sits nice and perky on top of my 360 (I have limited space, my entertainment center is more of an entertainment kitty-corner) without giving it any trouble, but I get the feeling I'd be pushing my luck trying it with its fat older brother.

It's like 30W max compared to ~14W for the Wii, you're probably fine.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

So we're supposed to get more presser in 10 minutes, right?

Yep. And Miyamoto an hour + 10 min. later.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fifteen minutes of Devil's Third in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxsjM5BNj2U

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

absolutely anything posted:

This is only annoying if you are a huge nerd

We are posting in a Nintendo thread about E3, we are all nerds in some way.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvP4EFjagfU

For those who haven't seen the Bayo2 trailer.

60FPS version up at the platinum blog along with bonus screenies etc:

http://platinumgames.com/2014/06/11/the-bayonetta-2-developers-blog-begins/

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo is God

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am way hype for Bayonetta 2. And did you see that Samus costume?! Be still, my beating heart.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Spacebump posted:

We are posting in a Nintendo thread about E3, we are all nerds in every way.

Fixed that for you.

Also, Nintendo is actually going to manufacture new Gamcube controllers. :gonk:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh wow the nintendo e3 website changed

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Six minutes.

That game does not look ready for release this year.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Itagaki would like you to know that if the video is missing frames it is because he is too awesome to bother animating things.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Treehouse live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Edmund Honda posted:

Six minutes.

That game does not look ready for release this year.
That game looks like it should have been released in 2006 for Xbox360 and then promptly forgotten about.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Captain Toad on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Man, these boss battles are insane.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Man I am even more pumped for Captain Toad after watching that boss level!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Captain Toad is the best Toad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Splatoon on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I always hate how people showing off how to play a game seem to not be very good at the game. The guy playing Captain Toad was going on about how he's the biggest completionist there is, while skipping the big coin stack in that video.

It wasn't terrible, but it reminds me of some gaming news site having Mario 3D Land footage a long time ago, where the guy was barely capable of playing a level without dying 8 or 8 times, and was going on about how hard the game was. And it was something like.... Regular world 3 or 4. And he was pretty must running off ledges or jumping to his death seemingly completely on purpose.

I'm enjoying the footage for Splatoon now though! Toad I'm going to need some more convincing on. Or at least a lower than $60 price. It seemed interesting but not amazing enough for a MUST PURCHASE just yet.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Holy poo poo Nintendo saved my faith in the game industry. After how boring every previous conference was (I mean, I was psyched for Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 but those were one-minute teasers) it's incredible just to see so much color and so little shooting mans, and so many good ideas, yarn Yoshi looks incredible, Captain Toad getting a full game, multiplayer shooter without guns, Hyrule Warriors actually looks great (for what it is), Bayonetta 2 AND 1 holy poo poo, freakin' MIIS AND PALUTENA.

Iwata vs. Reggie in a stupid DBZ battle is the savior of video games, people

and yet, the whole industry is probably already saying nintendo is dooooooomed

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo developers are so fit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I found it to be a pretty average conference overall elevated by how loving terrible every other conference was. Nintendo was the only one that seemed to have this crazy ideas to attempt to make games look fun.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
They have a breakdown of these games anywhere? I thought about picking up just a Wii U as my console (since I have a PC for good looking games and don't need a Xbox/PS) in the past but there really wasn't anything good out at all. Now there's that new mario world game and mario kart, so I'm thinking about popping by Best Buy tonight!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miyamoto's up next.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Incredulous Dylan posted:

They have a breakdown of these games anywhere? I thought about picking up just a Wii U as my console (since I have a PC for good looking games and don't need a Xbox/PS) in the past but there really wasn't anything good out at all. Now there's that new mario world game and mario kart, so I'm thinking about popping by Best Buy tonight!

Treehouse will have people from Nintendo playing the games. http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo Miyamoto is up soon to talk about something.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ah, cool. Thanks!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i hope he talks about star fox some more. he's been really vague about if all those projects are tied together and how far along the games actually are.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Famous TV Dad posted:

i hope he talks about star fox some more. he's been really vague about if all those projects are tied together and how far along the games actually are.

Some more impressions:
http://kotaku.com/we-played-shigeru-miyamotos-new-star-fox-game-1588712327
http://kotaku.com/one-of-shigeru-miyamotos-weird-new-wii-u-game-ideas-is-1588718022

Sounds like he's deliberately showing them this early to create an "incentive" for the devs to get 'em finished ASAP.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miyamoto should be on now.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Giant Robot looks pretty experimental yet great all the same.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Giant Robot looks really fun. I wonder if it'll be in a compilation or a full game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
This game looks real dumb and I wanna play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Wasn't there a PS2 game like this? R.A.D. or something?

Regardless this looks hilarious and I really hope it becomes a full-fledged game.

• Locked thread