Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
It does look hilarious... but I kind of hope it's a small part of something big. Or has a lot of improvements to it in the future. Otherwise it feels like something I wouldn't want to spend more than $7 or so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wild Knight posted:

Wasn't there a PS2 game like this? R.A.D. or something?

Regardless this looks hilarious and I really hope it becomes a full-fledged game.

Yeah, Robot Alchemic Drive.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

MaxDuo posted:

It does look hilarious... but I kind of hope it's a small part of something big. Or has a lot of improvements to it in the future. Otherwise it feels like something I wouldn't want to spend more than $7 or so on.

They've said it's super alpha, and Miyamoto has sorta hinted that it and the other project might be part of the eventual Star Fox game.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, Robot Alchemic Drive.

I remember my roommate having this game and I had no clue what was going on in it but it was giant robots and awesome.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Elliotw2 posted:

They've said it's super alpha, and Miyamoto has sorta hinted that it and the other project might be part of the eventual Star Fox game.

I'm really confused why they're showing off stuff that's this early in development because I remember they said they wouldn't do this anymore after revealing Twilight Princess early and subsequently delaying it a bunch to polish it more.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

All these Project Guard cameras have the Team Starfox logo on them.

FPzero posted:

I remember my roommate having this game and I had no clue what was going on in it but it was giant robots and awesome.

It's an awesome game. My friends and I used to play it multiplayer all the time back in high school. I wish someone would remake it or put it on PS2 Classics.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Crowbear posted:

There was some really neat stuff in that presentation. I'm bummed that X got delayed though, and the complete lack of any new SMTxFE news is kinda worrying.

Don't sweat it. The actual meat and bones of the presentation was only like a half hour (excluding the skits) and they didn't even really talk of the Star Fox project, nor the other two projects Miyamoto is working on (Project Somethingorother and Project Iforgetwhocares.) SMTxFE is basically "niche franchise cross niche franchise", and didn't really have any place in the cramped presentation where priority #1 was clearly selling more Wii U consoles. (Don't get me wrong, I like both SMT and FE quite a bit.)

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm really confused why they're showing off stuff that's this early in development because I remember they said they wouldn't do this anymore after revealing Twilight Princess early and subsequently delaying it a bunch to polish it more.

I think it's just to show off what Myamoto's up to, plus I imagine he'd be pretty receptive to feedback if he's showing it off/demoing it to press.

On a different note, with the Palutena reveal for Smash and her subsequent art released on the site, I would really dig a Kid Icarus/Zelda cross-over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't get over how good Splatoon looks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I imagine all three of these will be rolled into a big 60 dollar Star Fox title.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This game looks hard

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
My impression so far of this year's E3 is that Nintendo is shipping discs with gameplay. Get the other consoles for some sexy cinematics and crowd simulations though. Fingers crossed for a morph ball move in Bayonetta (cosmetic replacement for Panther Form?).

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Giant robot looks stupid. Project guard looks dope as hell though.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Jay-V posted:

Giant robot looks stupid. Project guard looks dope as hell though.

What is life like on bizarro Earth

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Those are some adorable robots you have to kill.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MaxDuo posted:

These are game play proof of concept things where they just took an idea, quickly made a simple game based on it, and then tried it out. It does speak to Nintendo's need for attention when the proof of concept stuff is getting shown.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Woah Bayonetta 2 comes with a port of Bayonetta 1? Thats the coolest loving news ever. Hopefully more than 10 people will buy it this time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Woah Bayonetta 2 comes with a port of Bayonetta 1? Thats the coolest loving news ever. Hopefully more than 10 people will buy it this time.

I hope it doesn't run like rear end like the PS3 version supposedly does. Only reason I haven't played it myself and I'm hoping I finally have the chance to rectify that.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

I hope it doesn't run like rear end like the PS3 version supposedly does. Only reason I haven't played it myself and I'm hoping I finally have the chance to rectify that.

Well that sounds like your own drat fault. The price of a whole Xbox 360 is well worth it to experience one of the finest action games of all time. Just do it!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Well that sounds like your own drat fault. The price of a whole Xbox 360 is well worth it to experience one of the finest action games of all time. Just do it!

I don't need to now though since it's coming to Wii U!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaosArgate posted:

Kamiya says on Twitter that it runs at 60fps like the 360 version.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah, even if you aren't willing to go with 360, from what I understand they got Bayonetta to run well enough on the PS3 that you still should have played it if that was your only option. I mean it was supposed to have some pretty bad framerate dips but nothing that stopped it from being the amongst the best action games of the last gen.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm grateful every day that somehow a game like Bayonetta managed to get a sequel in a game industry like today's.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I'm grateful every day that somehow a game like Bayonetta managed to get a sequel in a game industry like today's.

Its truly a wonderful world that allows Platinum to keep on getting their games published eventhough they only sell in like the triple digits. They must be sacrificing a shitload of goats

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hideki Kamiya is a golden goose and everyone's willing to pay him big bucks to try and lay them an egg.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I've read about it before, but I can't remember. Does switching your Wii games over to the Wii U get rid of any Wii stuff you had on the Wii U? Or does it just merge the 2? I know it doesn't on the 3DS, but I could swear I read something once about losing something on the U.

I can't hook my Wii up in my current room, but my roommate uses his TV in the other room for his computer now so I can't play the Wii too often. Only problem is I like using Gamecube controllers on the Wii still, too. Considering just getting an HDMI converter for my Wii to use it in my room instead.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m I misread.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 10, 2014

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It will delete the VC games and stuff off your Wii. If you want to keep them for some reason, make a back up to an SD card and don't launch the eShop again

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

It will delete the VC games and stuff off your Wii. If you want to keep them for some reason, make a back up to an SD card and don't launch the eShop again

What about stuff installed through the homebrew channel? I have a bunch of emulator forwarders and Earthbound installed on my Wii and I don't want stuff to blow up in my face if I transfer stuff over.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It ignores the homebrew channel & non-eshop things.

VVV :whatup:

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 10, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ChaosArgate posted:

What about stuff installed through the homebrew channel? I have a bunch of emulator forwarders and Earthbound installed on my Wii and I don't want stuff to blow up in my face if I transfer stuff over.

It ignores that stuff and leaves it on the Wii.

edit: beaten.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

ChaosArgate posted:

According to Kamiya it runs at 60. https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/476428263229632512

I really didn't have much interest in Bayonetta 2 but bundling in the first game made this a day one purchase for me.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Its truly a wonderful world that allows Platinum to keep on getting their games published eventhough they only sell in like the triple digits. They must be sacrificing a shitload of goats

Bayo1 didn't do that badly - it ended up selling over 2 million copies, which is not that bad. It's certainly not Vanquish levels of bad >_>

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-the-legend-of-zelda-for-wii-u-first-details

The english voice sounds familar...is that Steve Blum(?)? Cowboy Bebop, Korra, Big O etc?

PS: HOLY gently caress WANT

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

LethalGeek posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-the-legend-of-zelda-for-wii-u-first-details

The english voice sounds familar...is that Steve Blum(?)? Cowboy Bebop, Korra, Big O etc?

PS: HOLY gently caress WANT

Haha that's a big etc. Steve Blum is in everything.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hyrule Warriors on stream right now.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hyrule Warriors on stream right now.

Holy crap is Midna epic.

:worship:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Spacebump posted:

It ignores that stuff and leaves it on the Wii.

edit: beaten.

To clarify, what it basically does is check your Wii Shop Channel's purchase history and copies the "Rights" files (Or database, or however Nintendo makrs you have what thing) to the Wii U along with any matching channels (that haven't expired)

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Holy crap is Midna epic.

:worship:

And now the Great Fairy used a giant hookshot to pull the Termina moon out of the sky to help crush Argorok.

No words...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm ready

• Locked thread