Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yes, hmmmmmm. Why are there so many school shootings? It must be a complex series of orchestrated events to distract from President Obama's scandals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LunarShadow posted:

Not SedanChair, and the fact is I loving agree with Reid. I just thought it was odd to call it a mass shooting given the numbers involved.

People are dead and you think that whether or not to call it a "mass" shooting is the most important thing about this? No, seriously, get out.

ReidRansom posted:

Exactly. Maybe it shouldn't be is the thing, though. Someone (gun show, freedom-minded patriot, guy on the street corner) sold him some guns when he wasn't legally able to own any, and that's a problem.

Yeah, but there really isn't a practical way to stop those kinda of sales, if that's even how he got the guns. He could have bought them legally and never had them confiscated, or if some of his guns were confiscated, he could have his them. The man was obviously unhinged so who knows?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Thanks, umgud. :unsmith:

quote:

To: aimhigh
Hope and pray for this situation.

2 posted on 6/10/2014 11:55:43 AM by umgud
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What if someone killed a single person at a Catholic church during services? Would that be a mass shooting?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

People are dead and you think that whether or not to call it a "mass" shooting is the most important thing about this? No, seriously, get out.

Yeah, but there really isn't a practical way to stop those kinda of sales, if that's even how he got the guns. He could have bought them legally and never had them confiscated, or if some of his guns were confiscated, he could have his them. The man was obviously unhinged so who knows?

He didn't say anywhere that was the most important thing, he just asked if that was the right term to use. Calm down.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

What if someone killed a single person at a Catholic church during services? Would that be a mass shooting?

Took me a second.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I don't think it is the most important. What I think is most important is how the kid got the gun in the first place, why it happened, etc. However, the person I quoted, much like everyone else in this thread at the moment, is not able to answer those questions. I found the phrasing odd, and since Reid was able to answer that question, I asked to sate my curiosity.

bmxerguy
Jun 17, 2008
Has it been long enough to discuss if it was a "mass shooting" or not? Im not familiar with the regulations regarding the proper time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, they did get to it pretty quick.

And I love that (probably) high school student with no clear motive so far automatically equals leftist nutjob.

Two white supremicists from the Cliven Bundy ranch who were screaming about revolution and dropping Gadsen flags on bodies were leftist nutjobs according to them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So what freep is saying is that conservatives are all talk and only liberals ever follow through on their beliefs? An interesting perspective.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Sir Tonk posted:

So what freep is saying is that conservatives are all talk and only liberals ever follow through on their beliefs? An interesting perspective.

They also claim that only real conservatives truly see things through to the end, so if the two NV shooters had been Trun Patroits, Obama would have been overthrown by now by the militia, aided by the US military. Or something.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

TravBot posted:

They also claim that only real conservatives truly see things through to the end, so if the two NV shooters had been Trun Patroits, Obama would have been overthrown by now by the militia, aided by the US military. Or something.

It is alot of things really. Only liberals do bad things, only liberals would commit suicide, true conservatives wouldn't fail, etc. They really do embody Eco's writings on facism.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
5 Truths You're Not Allowed To Say About Gays In America

OP posted:

1) You can't change your gender
2) Some people do choose to be gay
3) Conversion therapy is a good thing if people want it
4) Gay bullies have become commonplace in America
5) Gay scoutmasters would be more likely to molest Boy Scouts

quote:

To: Kaslin
#6. Homosexual Men Have Disgusting Filthy Fecal Sex
5 posted on 6/10/2014, 9:01:50 AM by TexasCajun

quote:

To: TexasCajun

AND are perverted deviant and just plain disgustingly sick ... there I said it

10 posted on 6/10/2014, 9:04:27 AM by clamper1797 (Evil WILL flourish when good men WILL not act)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: knarf; wagglebee; Blood of Tyrants

#6: Homosexual behavior is deadly and fraught with diseases and psychological problems.

#7: Homosexuals die 1-3 decades before the general population.

#8: Those who encourage homosexuals to practice that behavior are the ones who hate them, since they’re the ones encouraging them to die early. Those who discourage them are the ones who are actually caring for them.

11 posted on 6/10/2014, 9:04:52 AM by xzins ( Retired Army Chaplain and Proud of It! Those who truly support our troops pray for victory!)

quote:

7. Homosexuals are mentally ill such that they are criminals. Don’t believe it? What is the first thing people think of when someone is going to prison? Homosexual rape. There are so many homosexuals in prison that homosexual rape is the first thing people think of when they think of prison.

15 posted on 6/10/2014, 9:09:43 AM by CodeToad (Arm Up! They Are!)
GM food means you can't be trans!

quote:

You can't change your gender:
I see a contradiction here that's so blatant, Stevie Wonder blindfolded can see it. The libs tell us we should stay away from, if not outlaw genetically modified foods, after all, as the old advertising slogan goes "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature". Yet it's perfectly positive, healthy, empowering, natural for not only supposedly mature adults, but kids to screw up their own basic biological makeup through sex changes, gender "reassignments", or whatever PC label they put on it. Dr. Ben Carson, and any other competent responsible doctor would say that any type of surgery should not be taken lightly and should only be performed if it's absolutely necessary. And whenever a parent puts their kid through this, I scream out where the BLEEP are children's services when they're really needed?
17 posted on 6/10/2014, 9:10:22 AM by Impala64ssa (You call me an islamophobe like it's a bad thing.)

quote:

To: Joe Brower
Something I've said on a few occasions when the 'homophobic' pejorative got tossed my way: "'Phobia' is a fear. I don't fear you. Your behaviors disgusts me. There's a big difference".

I use the term "homoabhorrent", meaning I'm not afraid of homosexuals, I simply abhor the thought of another man touching me in an unnatural, intimate manner.
40 posted on 6/10/2014, 10:21:47 AM by Kharis13 (That noise you hear is our Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

To: xzins

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s an article of faith for much of the left that the world’s population needs to be reduced to about 100 million. They see homosexuality furthering that goal. They not only can’t reproduce, but they also die early. They’re a twofer!

48 posted on 6/10/2014, 11:12:11 AM by afsnco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]
Please call yourselves homobarfs. Please. I would be so happy.

quote:

To: Kharis13

How about homoabomination? Abomination=disgusting. Or homobarf?

52 posted on 6/10/2014, 11:16:34 AM by afsnco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

To: seeker41
Another gubmint paid shooter?
Let me guess, and Amish democrat.

11 posted on 6/10/2014 11:03:20 AM by DaveA37
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DaveA37
The Amish are very very rarely the perps in these types of situations. Usually the lone nut white guy.

35 posted on 06/10/2014 9:18:57 AM PDT by bigdaddy45
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: bigdaddy45
“The Amish are very very rarely the perps in these types of situations. Usually the lone nut white guy.”

And Amish are almost never sociopathic serial/thrill killers either, with one or two famous exceptions. Again, usually the lone nut job white guy. Heck, there are more white female serial killers than Amish male serial killers.

102 posted on 06/10/2014 10:55:25 AM PDT by catnipman (Cat Nipman: Vote Republican in 2012 and only be called racist one more time!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: bigdaddy45
Thanks for your kind comments.

105 posted on 06/10/2014 11:02:54 AM PDT by Amish with an attitude
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]
In case there was any doubt they were actually talking about black people

quote:

To: catnipman
You’re right. There are patterns - and this is NOT a black pattern.

104 posted on 06/10/2014 11:02:19 AM PDT by GOPJ (#2 reply spot RESERVED for Tokyo Rose comments: "nothing works - give up - it's all hopeless".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies ]

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:laffo: gay bullies being commonplace. I'd love to see that one explained but I'm assume they're being facetious and it's actually a reference to an LGBT club arguing to stay in existence despite offending Christian students or something of that ilk.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:laffo: gay bullies being commonplace. I'd love to see that one explained but I'm assume they're being facetious and it's actually a reference to an LGBT club arguing to stay in existence despite offending Christian students or something of that ilk.
"Telling us 'your private opinions don't get to infringe on my civil rights = bullying"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

New Zealand legalised gay marriage. I can confirm that I am harrassed by gay people, who call me the derogatory term "breeder" and they are pushing hard to change the name of the country to "Gay Zeagay."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vagabundo posted:

New Zealand legalised gay marriage. I can confirm that I am harrassed by gay people, who call me the derogatory term "breeder" and they are pushing hard to change the name of the country to "Gay Zeagay."

I'm not even gay and I would move to Gay Zeagay in a heartbeat.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Freepers: perverted deviant and just plain disgustingly sick ... there I said it

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Logikv9 posted:

Didn't you see the audition ads for mass shooting victims in your latest Soros check envelope? Unfortunately, i didn't fit the criteria for mass shooter #1 but they scheduled an audition for the role of shooting victim #12.

Remember, there are no small roles, just small victims!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

Freepers: perverted deviant and just plain disgustingly sick ... there I said it

Hahaha gently caress yes.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

[/quote]
In case there was any doubt they were actually talking about black people
[/quote]

This is pretty silly at this point, doesn't any Freeper ever say, in a thread like this, "hey guys, if you mean black you probably should just SAY 'black' as it comes across as less stupid and cowardly than repeatedly saying 'Amish'?"

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zwabu posted:

This is pretty silly at this point, doesn't any Freeper ever say, in a thread like this, "hey guys, if you mean black you probably should just SAY 'black' as it comes across as less stupid and cowardly than repeatedly saying 'Amish'?"

No, because then they'd be racist.

If they don't actually say 'black people are bad', they're not racist.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Vegas rampage underscores the rise of violent radicals; cop killings up 53%

quote:

To: BBell

Does any FReeper claim racists as one of them or on our side? I don’t.

These aren’t my people. They’re evil. I’m against evil.

4 posted on 6/10/2014, 2:28:55 PM by 1010RD (First, Do No Harm)

quote:

To: 1010RD

They’re more likely Storm Fronters.

5 posted on 6/10/2014, 2:33:11 PM by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: thorvaldr

The people today who see the Gadsden flag and think “terrorists!” are just like those in the 1770s who supported the King.

13 posted on 6/10/2014, 2:41:08 PM by VerySadAmerican
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: VerySadAmerican

What people are fighting back? Cops are not getting killed because people are fed up with them. They’re getting killed because Obama’s sons are unleashed and we don’t deport Mexican criminals anymore. What happened in Las Vegas was an anomaly.

14 posted on 6/10/2014, 2:43:45 PM by demshateGod (The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ozarksgal

But there was a good guy (CCW) that slowed down the shooters. That slow down May have driven them into their suicide.

30 posted on 6/10/2014, 3:26:57 PM by Half Vast Conspiracy (Settled science.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

amishbuttermaster
Apr 28, 2009
As this strawman will hope to demonstrate, the KKK was founded by Democrats, thus making Democrats the true racists since they got there first. I heard Limbaugh make this argument to get out of answering a more difficult question from a caller one time.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
FReep: Homosexual Men Have Disgusting Filthy Fecal Sex

Man lots of great potential titles past few weeks.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Zeroisanumber posted:

To be fair, if pictures of those two partying at Gathering of Juggalos came out I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Juggalos certainly deserve a lot of the poo poo they get, but those two would've gotten the poo poo beat out of them by Juggalos for their Neo-Nazi views.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Prism posted:

No, because then they'd be racist.

If they don't actually say 'black people are bad', they're not racist.

I don't think that's it, I think it's one of those dumb forum in-jokes that gets beaten into the ground. Which is, to me, more horrifying in a "banality of evil" kind of way.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Elim Garak posted:

I don't think that's it, I think it's one of those dumb forum in-jokes that gets beaten into the ground. Which is, to me, more horrifying in a "banality of evil" kind of way.

I'd love to see a naive new Freeper ask "hey whaddya you guys mean when you say 'Amish'" and see how it is explained to them.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

But there was a good guy (CCW) that slowed down the shooters. That slow down May have driven them into their suicide.

Wow.

Wooooooow.

The CCW hero may not have actually shot them, but his selfless act of getting shot in the back may have driven them to suicide. Because I'm sure they weren't thinking about killing themselves before that happened.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DemeaninDemon posted:

FReep: Homosexual Men Have Disgusting Filthy Fecal Sex

Man lots of great potential titles past few weeks.

FReep: These aren’t my people. They’re evil. I’m against evil.

Agreed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Georgia Peach posted:

quote:

To: 1010RD

They’re more likely Storm Fronters.

5 posted on 6/10/2014, 2:33:11 PM by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Weren't people saying recently that Freep has surpassed Storm Front in its blatant racism in some ways?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Weren't people saying recently that Freep has surpassed Storm Front in its blatant racism in some ways?

FReep is Stormfront without the honesty.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

The people today who see the Gadsden flag and think “terrorists!” are just like those in the 1770s who supported the King.

Does that include when it's draped over a murder victim as the killer runs to a Walmart screaming about revolution?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

FReep is Stormfront without the honesty.

And a different demographic. Half of stormfront is probably just edgy 15 year olds.

katium
Jun 26, 2006

Purrs like a kitten.
Eric Cantor is currently losing his primary, so that should temporarily cheer up Freep (he's been a RINO there for some time now).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hahhaha, these write themselves.

Freepers: They’re more likely Storm Fronters

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
CANTOR LOSES
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3166050/posts#comment

Brilliant poetry

quote:

There once was a guy named Cantor
Who in Congress was full of banter

He encountered a Brat
and his face went splat

Now he is done and that is that.....

11 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:16:28 PM PDT by Kolath

quote:

DEATH TO THE GOP…! >:(

26 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:19:03 PM PDT by gaijin

quote:

GOOD!!! Cantor deserves what he gets for supporting amnesty for cockroaches. I am not familiar with Brat because I don’t live in Virginia but I am rooting for him to win in November

27 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:19:03 PM PDT by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

GREAT NEWS...THE GOP NEEDS TO WAKE THE HELL UP...WE ARE TIRED OF KISSING THE BUTTS OF DEMOCRATS...
AND I’VE BEEN A VOTING REPUBLICAN ALL MY LIFE OF 71 YEARS.BUT HAVE GOTTEN TOTALLY FED UP WITH THE GOP....

WAKE UP VOTERS...REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER AND FLIP THE SENATE

35 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:19:33 PM PDT by haircutter

quote:

As good as this is to hear, I won't truly be happy until Tea Party candidates start defeating Dem incumbents.
53 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:21:36 PM PDT by SunTzuWu

I absolutely cannot wait for this newly emboldened Tea Party to go all the way with scorched earth insanity in the 2016 primary.

Fun fact: one possible explanation for why Cantor got unseated despite his supposed 20 point lead might be the fact that his Democratic challenger encouraged liberals to switch sides and vote for the Tea Party candidate.

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 11, 2014

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

quote:

As good as this is to hear, I won't truly be happy until Tea Party candidates start defeating Dem incumbents.
53 posted on June 10, 2014 at 5:21:36 PM PDT by SunTzuWu
Yes. That's what will happen. Yesssssss.

If ever there were a time for :getin:, this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

quote:

To: ozarksgal

30 posted on 6/10/2014, 3:26:57 PM by Half Vast Conspiracy (Settled science.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

So they're going to clog the guns of their enemies with their bodies? Who gave freep the Goonfleet strategy book?

• Locked thread