Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
What was the correct answer to the one we all bombed on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Majuju posted:

What was the correct answer to the one we all bombed on?

:munch: fast luck's second guess :munch:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council will occur tomorrow at 8:00. Good luck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

:munch: fast luck's second guess :munch:

i specifically said start of the challenge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

John Cena posted:

Yeah, it was fair, we all just were rushing too hard.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

John Cena posted:

An interesting definition of challenge state. I have made a note of this.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

John Cena posted:

Will this one be weird or time dependent like the last one?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Will this one be weird or time dependent like the last one?

2:00am time limit.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

John Cena posted:

GREETINGS AWFUL HOUSEGUESTS, IT IS I, ENUMMI, OTEV'S BROTHER
:ghost:
At least take the time to file off the serial numbers, come on

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

John Cena posted:

2:00am time limit.

I think what winson was getting at is will it be a standard questions from the viewers tribal or another crossfire one?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CapnAndy posted:

At least take the time to file off the serial numbers, come on

Yeah seriously, this is, like, the second or third BB challenge we've had so far.

Beats Battleship I guess :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah seriously, this is, like, the second or third BB challenge we've had so far.

Your point being?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Our next immunity challenge will be a power of veto challenge and the winner will win the ability to veto one of Cena's nominees for eviction.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Asiina posted:

Your point being?

When do we get the neverending story?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You can see where we ripped off other prior seasons, as I've added them to the OP! Enjoy!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Our next immunity challenge will be a power of veto challenge and the winner will win the ability to veto one of Cena's nominees for eviction.

Cause real survivor has never reused challenges.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Cause real survivor has never reused challenges.

You're being really mean for an offhanded joke :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council has been bumped up to 5:00PM. There will be a special guest host.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council has been bumped up to 5:00PM. There will be a special guest host.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AutKarFR8oo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Tribal Council 10

Bundlepile Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. We're now merged, and Tribal Council goes from being bad for the tribe, to now bad for you on an individual basis now that the game has come down to an every man for themselves type game.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (2:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Majuju: You've either been part of the tribe that wins immunity or won personal immunity in 6 of the 10 immunity challenges so far. You were also one of the only people that didn't get brought up during the blow up after last week's Tribal Council. Are you concerned that being well liked and winning challenges is going to paint a target on your back in the future?

Wind/Skinty: That was quite the display after last week's Tribal Council. Obviously things got a little heated when the vote didn't turn out how you expected it to. Do you think you still have a shot at this game? Are there fences to be mended with any of the other survivors or do you feel that those bridges have been burned.

Fast Luck: You unnecessarily played your HII last week, as you weren't the majority vote. How big of a mistake do you think this will be in your game? You are also outside the Durf alliance, but you didn't participate nearly as much after last Tribal Council. Do you think your position is different from Wind/Skinty or are you all in the same boat?

Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, Winson_Paine: You guys were at the center of a big blow up after the last tribal council. Have things smoothed over since? What exactly brought around that heated discussion? What do you take from that, as this game edges closer and closer to the end?

Byers: The end of the game is inching to a close. What do players have to do in order to secure themselves not just a spot in the finals, but also in a position with people they think they can beat? What moves need to be taken? What approach do they take? Every tribal council, you're not just voting out a player, but adding a jury member. What do you do to go further in this game, getting these people you're voting out to want to vote for you to win in the end?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You unnecessarily played your HII last week, as you weren't the majority vote. How big of a mistake do you think this will be in your game?
As it turns out, I could have held it and survived, but I also did have votes against me. It was a dicey situation. It still is a dicey situation, but sometimes you make a move just to be sure you can survive for one more vote. In hindsight, a mistake, obviously, but I don't think that necessarily means I did something "wrong" in a black and white way. On the plus side, now I'm just a normal player like everyone else. In some ways that might be good. On what I suppose is the slightly negative side, I might go home tonight.

You are also outside the Durf alliance, but you didn't participate nearly as much after last Tribal Council. Do you think your position is different from Wind/Skinty or are you all in the same boat?
I think we're all in the same boat. There's obviously some additional factors but strip those away and there's a 33% shot for each of us to go home after this council. Not the worst odds individually, but 33% x3 is 100%, which I'd say is the chance someone from this trio gets the boot tonight. If it's me, I request that you all add the appropriate sad faces to the end of your ballots and put some tears trickling down from Jeff's eyes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Wind/Skinty: That was quite the display after last week's Tribal Council. Obviously things got a little heated when the vote didn't turn out how you expected it to. Do you think you still have a shot at this game? Are there fences to be mended with any of the other survivors or do you feel that those bridges have been burned.

Well those are very good questions Hulka. Great questions in fact. But I'm not going to answer them, so you should probably sit back for a few moments in front of your computer and let me do what I do better than anyone else in this thread, quite possibly for the last time. Because I've got some things I need to get off my chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCgrLIM6Z8

When you get struck by lightening you have to take a pause for a moment. Pause to think and reflect on the things that have brought you to this point, on the things that are happening at the moment, and the things that are to come to pass in the future. And time, time is something that has been weighing on my mind.

For 34 days now, ever since May 7, we've all been caught up in this strange adventure, this journey. 18 posters started this out, and one by one we've fallen, voted out by a majority time after time after time. And with each person who falls the cog keeps turning, the clock keeps ticking and we all keep moving on towards the conclusion. For 34 days we have been locked up in docs, been caught up in scheming, made friendships, planned betrayals, lied and pushed the rules to limits and all for the sake of $75. For 34 days people who might never have come into contact with each other have been locked up in this mutual web of deceit and distrust.

In those 34 days I have been many things. I have been a winner and a loser, a leader and a follower, funny and serious. I have worn different faces, first a De, then a Hurf, but never ever a Durf.

And I realise looking back now, with the knowledge that come 2 am I may no longer be in this thread, that my time in this game might be at an end the cogs will keep turning, the game will keep being played. And I don't mind this. Truth be told if I leave this thread tonight I might just go straight into playing a game of Mafia with cool people (hi YPM - how you doing bud?), I might go poo poo post in The Ray Parlour, poo poo I might even go back to PSP. Because this is just a game, and all games end.

There are self confessed "game theory" experts in this thread, people who seem to be possessed of the impression that they are master manipulators and strategic masterminds who know how to play other people. And maybe they're right, maybe they are in fact that good. Or perhaps, maybe just maybe they got as lucky as anyone else. And maybe the balance in this game came down to one unpredictable element. And there's an irony in BYOB survivor eventually being defined by the actions of a Mod.

I have never been a Durf. And you know I'm fine with that.

Late last night someone came to me with an offer. A play that if I carried it out could potentially guarantee my survival in the game for a little bit longer. But the funny thing is that this offer seemed awfully similar to the offers made to other people, almost as if the offer was insincere and designed specifically to divide and conquer. Yet at the point it was offered there was no point any more in this, the balance of power was already won, the game already tilted in one direction.

So when someone comes to me and suggests that perhaps I might think about voting Winds at the next tribal council, the one thought that crossed my mind is that this person must have lost whatever tiny degree of sense they once had.

Yeah this game is about deceit, it's about misdirection, it's about lying to people. But to me it's also about loyalty. Friendships built up over shared experiences, hours spent talking bullshit, hours spent enduring games. Friendships that are worth more than 75 paltry dollars. And I'm loyal to my friends. Vote Winds? Clearly whoever thought I might do that had lost their goddamn mind.

So yeah I'm not a Durf. I never have been. Never will be. And that's cool with me. Because on some level I pity them.

You see the Durfs have been in a unique position across this game, they managed to survive the first round of immunity challenges without once having to turn on each other. They've managed to spend the vast majority of the game in each others company, building tighter and tighter bonds.

And the one time that those bonds were broken? It hosed them all up.

But I have seen the future, and the future is simple, before long all that friendship, all those bonds that have been built up are going to mean absolutely jack poo poo, because to win - and considering the number of times different members of Durf have mentioned how they're trying to win this - they're going to have to turn on each other.

I have a luxury that they don't. Because I don't need to vote for my friend. And it might be my undoing and it might not, but I can stay true to myself. They don't And even now on some level they have to be thinking, "how much can I trust this guy?" "how much can I trust this girl?" "who's gunning for me?" "Where am I in the pecking order?"

And the game rolls on.

And the game rolls on.

And in truth it doesn't matter who goes home tonight, because in the end the same thing is true, in the future Durf is going to have to destroy itself.

And that brings me back to game theory. Because you see I was an 80's child, and I grew up with 80's films. So I have my own theory on games.

Someone told me that if I voted Winds it would be my defining moment in the game, it would be the moment that would be quoted in future seasons when people talked about games past.

But I'm not down with that. Instead I'm going to make my own defining moment. I'm the best in this thread, I'm the best in that doc, hell i'm even the best on AIM.

I'm not about to be the new Rarity. I'm going to be the very first Skinty McEdger.

Because there's always a third way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShxkuYQL6Wk

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

HulkaMatt posted:

Tribal Council 10

Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, Winson_Paine: You guys were at the center of a big blow up after the last tribal council. Have things smoothed over since? What exactly brought around that heated discussion? What do you take from that, as this game edges closer and closer to the end?

That blowup was brought about by a severe lack of trust all around. Trusting anybody in a game like this is silly at best, but in order to move forward you have to trust in a certain number of people at least to vote the way they say they will, and you have to hope that, for the moment, that vote is as good for their games as it is for yours, otherwise it's not happening.

Last Friday, a few of us were playing around with the idea of nailing Fast Luck with the idol in his back pocket. Clearly, he did end up playing the idol, but who knows. That might have been a last minute development. Ultimately, voting him out at the time seemed too good to be true, and there was more than one way in which it could have gone horribly wrong, so I had to scramble for safety in the final moments before tribal.

As far as two people were concerned, I lied to them, played them, and didn't vote the way I said I was going to. That sucks. I tried to mend wall over the weekend, but I wouldn't blame either of them for not trusting me. But, like I said, in order to progress in this game, you have to believe in some people, to some degree.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

HulkaMatt posted:

Byers: The end of the game is inching to a close. What do players have to do in order to secure themselves not just a spot in the finals, but also in a position with people they think they can beat? What moves need to be taken? What approach do they take? Every tribal council, you're not just voting out a player, but adding a jury member. What do you do to go further in this game, getting these people you're voting out to want to vote for you to win in the end?

Why do I get the question on Jury Management 101?

Ironically, this is exactly the thing I talked with Winson about two weeks ago. Let's say we're going into a 3 Player FTC, and a 9 Player Jury. To control your own destiny, you need to have 5 people that may vote for you. Durf have been betrayed only once, by Winson. If he had made FTC, he was guaranteed to have 5 people that would vote against him. That's why switching back to Durf made sense, and continues to make sense.

Similarly, if I were to start voting out Durfs now I'd lose the Durf votes. I know that I've personally lost Dhaes's vote, bowmore's vote, and DS's vote. FL's not on the jury, but if he makes it there I'll lose his vote as well. So for me, looking at the votes tells me that I have to have at least one Durf sitting next to me because I can't afford to be a traitor again and hope to win the game. I have no intention on surviving to the end with no hope, and that leads to a serious constraint on moves I can make as the game winds down.

It all comes down to counting up people that absolutely won't vote for you. If you can hit five, that jury is not one you can sit in front of and win.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm not about to be the new Rarity. I'm going to be the very first Skinty McEdger.

Because there's always a third way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShxkuYQL6Wk

:drat:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

HulkaMatt posted:

There are fences to be mended, probably, but :laffo: if you think that the outburst had any impact on whether or not I'd win this game.

It's going to be a durf who wins this game. After the results of the last council, there was never any doubt of that. The outburst didn't and wouldn't have changed that.

At this stage, any promises to us or anything are just platitudes. We're pretty much being played.

Yes, Fast Luck, that includes you, too.

Yes, Byers, that includes you, too.

Fast Luck, what I've heard so far is that Prop wants this vote to go towards you.

Byers, you're next on prop's list. She really wants to see you gone.

Majuju, there's no way she's going to let you be final 2. She will fight tooth and nail to prevent that. You're too dangerous, you'd win too many votes.

Now, can I trust a single thing I've been told about all this? Nah.

She spouts all this bullshit game theory, but really, she should probably be up for vote this council. She's busy trying to work a grand plan to turn traitor on all of you and do it sooner than later.

poo poo, byers, she already has her vote created for you. It's from Chuck, the scene where the Buy More is exploding. She hastily drew a "ers" over the "more" section on there. That's for next tribal council's use, too, by the way. Not this one, next. That's how confident she is and how brilliant she thinks she is at this game.

She's already ready for next council's vote.

Hopefully IcePhoenix has already done the math, realized that he would win handily over her at any final tribal council, and also realizes that she knows that as well. There's no way she hasn't told him that she's a brilliant game-theory strategist, ya know...

I'm voting her this council. I don't care what you guys are doing.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

So when someone comes to me and suggests that perhaps I might think about voting Winds at the next tribal council, the one thought that crossed my mind is that this person must have lost whatever tiny degree of sense they once had.

Skinty, who made this suggestion to you? I'm legit curious, because (spoilers) we've already got the votes for windy locked down, and no one talked about approaching you. So if it's not FL, then a Durf's preparing to backstab with a side vote, maybe for me, and looking to sink your chances at FTC by forcing you into a traitor's role.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

:love:

:scotland:

:glomp:

:love:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

DIBS ON GUS

HulkaMatt posted:

Majuju: You've either been part of the tribe that wins immunity or won personal immunity in 6 of the 10 immunity challenges so far. You were also one of the only people that didn't get brought up during the blow up after last week's Tribal Council. Are you concerned that being well liked and winning challenges is going to paint a target on your back in the future?

I think maybe I have a target on me (I got a couple of council votes finally), but this is just the nature of the game. I don't know if it's going to be me after this vote, or the vote after that, or if I'll make it to some kind of final whatever stage, but for now I am just going to keep doing what I've been doing and making posts and engaging in document ribaldry and trying to win challenges. I hold no ill will towards anyone who votes me out in the hope that it'll further their game.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Majuju posted:

(I got a couple of council votes finally)

Bowmore and Fast Luck.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

windshipper posted:

Bowmore and Fast Luck.

Yes, I know this.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Blue star alert, guys. This one might be trouble.

HulkaMatt posted:

MAN, AFTER ALL THAT, I DONT KNOW. I TRIED MY BEST, GOD, GOD KNOWS I DID, BUT I THINK WE ALL KNOW BY NOW. BYERS? PROPAGADA MACHINE? ICE PHOENIX? MAJUJU? TEAM DURF, MAN, I CANT WIN.

I CANT BEAT THESE GUYS

BUT I TELL YOU WHAT HULKAMATT

I AINT ONE TO LET THE FANS DOWN

I KNOW I CANT GO TO FINAL TRIBAL AND WIN

SO I FOUND SOMEBODY TO FILL IN FOR ME

I THINK MAYBE YOU KNOW HIM, HULKAMATT

HE'S A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE

AND HIS AVATAR

IS CACTUS JACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip-4UP5jkQE

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

windshipper posted:

poo poo, byers, she already has her vote created for you. It's from Chuck, the scene where the Buy More is exploding. She hastily drew a "ers" over the "more" section on there. That's for next tribal council's use, too, by the way. Not this one, next. That's how confident she is and how brilliant she thinks she is at this game.

windy, believe me when I say that nothing your saying is something that hasn't gone through my head. This game makes you paranoid. Read my confessionals after this game, I've been expecting to be voted out since the shuffle happened. But the biggest thing about my game has been loyalty to the D1 alliance I made. PMach's part of that alliance, and we've been fighting together to get through some serious curveballs by the mods. I've seen how she thinks and what plays she's willing to make.

I will not vote her; I have to believe that she wouldn't be foolish enough to leave an opportunity for a two tribal immunity run by one of you or Skinty at the end to result in a spot at FTC for you, not when you'd have 5 guaranteed votes on the jury and would win handily.

But PMach, if you're voting me, I demand that your vote for me looks exactly like what windy just described. like, I will withold my vote for you on the jury if you blindside me and don't have that beauty of a vote in play.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Skinty, who made this suggestion to you? I'm legit curious, because (spoilers) we've already got the votes for windy locked down, and no one talked about approaching you. So if it's not FL, then a Durf's preparing to backstab with a side vote, maybe for me, and looking to sink your chances at FTC by forcing you into a traitor's role.

I actually got approached by two different people about the very same subject last night. I guess if you've gotten the votes tied down the way you think you have we have something to talk about later. I will say that your name did come up in the same conversation.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

windy, believe me when I say that nothing your saying is something that hasn't gone through my head. This game makes you paranoid. Read my confessionals after this game, I've been expecting to be voted out since the shuffle happened. But the biggest thing about my game has been loyalty to the D1 alliance I made. PMach's part of that alliance, and we've been fighting together to get through some serious curveballs by the mods. I've seen how she thinks and what plays she's willing to make.

I will not vote her; I have to believe that she wouldn't be foolish enough to leave an opportunity for a two tribal immunity run by one of you or Skinty at the end to result in a spot at FTC for you, not when you'd have 5 guaranteed votes on the jury and would win handily.

But PMach, if you're voting me, I demand that your vote for me looks exactly like what windy just described. like, I will withold my vote for you on the jury if you blindside me and don't have that beauty of a vote in play.

:shrug:

Good Luck, bro. Just know that while you may have more reason to trust what she says than me, I still wouldn't trust a word out of her mouth. She is planning for you for next council. Exception being Majuju doesn't get immunity, then she might go for majuju.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

I actually got approached by two different people about the very same subject last night. I guess if you've gotten the votes tied down the way you think you have we have something to talk about later. I will say that your name did come up in the same conversation.

Wait wait wait, lemme guess.

Fast Luck and Prop Machine?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

this Council is saltier than an NEL match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

windshipper posted:

Wait wait wait, lemme guess.

Fast Luck and Prop Machine?

One out of two ain't bad.

• Locked thread