Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Woah Bayonetta 2 comes with a port of Bayonetta 1? Thats the coolest loving news ever. Hopefully more than 10 people will buy it this time.

While watching the video I was saying, "I need to play Bayonetta again... :stare: Actually, I think I'll hold off for that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I havent been watching. Is this for real????

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Majora's Mask 3DS confirmed?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Yaoi Mandel posted:

I havent been watching. Is this for real????

Yeah, the Great Fairy uses magic hookshots to pull down the Moon to smash Argorok. Hyrule Warriors has made all Zelda fanfiction obsolete.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Somehow even more terrifying.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's Hyrule Warriors, not Majora's Mask 3D/HD.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeLZwLkf0QY

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

JordanKai posted:

It's Hyrule Warriors, not Majora's Mask 3D/HD.

:smith:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Arrrgh they're gonna make me buy a Dynasty Warriors game. Stone cold, Nintendo. Stone. Cold.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
So, I wasn't all that hyped on Hyrule Warriors, just kinda interested because of Zelda (never played Dynasty Warriors before). Watching the live demo, completely sold.

Any recommendations on a single Dynasty Warriors game I should play? Got a PS3.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Is that blood? How does a moon get blood on its teeth?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gutcruncher posted:

Its truly a wonderful world that allows Platinum to keep on getting their games published eventhough they only sell in like the triple digits. They must be sacrificing a shitload of goats

Well they're freelance, they get paid regardless. :v:

It is awesome to see them still getting work though, hopefully this trend continues, and I truly hope Bayo 2 and that Devil's Third game actually sells.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sulphix posted:

So, I wasn't all that hyped on Hyrule Warriors, just kinda interested because of Zelda (never played Dynasty Warriors before). Watching the live demo, completely sold.

Don't pick up any because you'll get bored of Hyrule Warriors when you find out it's the same thing but Zelda

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Wild Knight posted:

Is that blood? How does a moon get blood on its teeth?

Maybe he has sensitive gums?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The gameplay looks fun enough to put me on board but the writing feels really generic. Guy was hyping up that he's getting to write a script for Midna and such and all she's saying is stuff you'd expect from normal DW games.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The gameplay looks fun enough to put me on board but the writing feels really generic. Guy was hyping up that he's getting to write a script for Midna and such and all she's saying is stuff you'd expect from normal DW games.

Enemies seem very non threatening to.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
But you guys, Ganondorf would totally beat Lu Bu in a fight. Aonuma himself said it.

It is getting a little repetitive, I wish they didn't play the same level three times.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Wild Knight posted:

It is getting a little repetitive, I wish they didn't play the same level three times.

Welcome to Dynasty Warriors! (I still might buy it)

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Haha, yeah, I figured that was just how Dynasty Warriors rolls. I'm probably gonna get it too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That is bullshit. No one could beat Lu Bu.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lu Bu's actually gotten kinda beatable your first go around in recent Warriors games, but they do give you a Trophy called "OK, You can pursue Lu Bu" if you beat him.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Kamiya poo poo talking the bayo2 box art on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/476443434740228096

Interesting arrangement they have with Nintendo there :o

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SurrealityCheck posted:

Kamiya poo poo talking the bayo2 box art on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/476443434740228096

Interesting arrangement they have with Nintendo there :o

To clarify, he's commenting on the logo since apparently Nintendo did it. The actual box art behind the logo he has no problem with since Platinum did that.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The logo doesn't even look different except it's blue and has a 2.

Kamiya confuses me sometimes.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

He either wants it red, or he's just trolling the internet again.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

sulphix posted:

You can get Dynasty Warriors 7 for less than ten dollars and it's a good introduction to the game style and history/novel. I'm not fond of how it tends to channel you to using a few characters but that's not a negative for a new player.

For the Wii U Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is available for about the same price. I like the character system better but it's a mash up of a bunch of Warriors stuff so it isn't the best introduction.

Policenaut posted:

Lu Bu's actually gotten kinda beatable your first go around in recent Warriors games, but they do give you a Trophy called "OK, You can pursue Lu Bu" if you beat him.

The first time I played a Warriors game was Dynasty Warriors 3 and my friends were going, "Oh no! It's Lu Bu! Listen to the man and don't fight him!" And then three minutes later they were, "How did you beat him! :stare:"

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 10, 2014

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I think the Blue Moon Logo looks kinda neat to be honest. :3: It just fits with that wonderful golden cloud.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FPzero posted:

The logo doesn't even look different except it's blue and has a 2.

Kamiya confuses me sometimes.

He's talking about the giant red Bayo 1 stamp in the top right corner.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Mario Maker going to be an eShop game? I can't imagine myself paying more than $20 for this.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

noirstronaut posted:

Is Mario Maker going to be an eShop game? I can't imagine myself paying more than $20 for this.

I sure hope it doesn't cost too much but it certainly does look fun.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Framerate looks kinda terrible when it's in NSMB mode, though. Is that just the stream...or is that just NSMB?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Wild Knight posted:

Framerate looks kinda terrible when it's in NSMB mode, though. Is that just the stream...or is that just NSMB?
NSMBU's always had a perfectly rock-solid 60fps in my experience (really would be kind of embarrassing for Nintendo if it didn't), I would imagine the same being true of Mario Maker, so it's probably just the stream, but obviously there's no way to actually know just yet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It looked more like the framerate is normal, but there are no interstitial animations between poses, like literally replacing the Mario graphics with the equivalent models.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

PrBacterio posted:

NSMBU's always had a perfectly rock-solid 60fps in my experience (really would be kind of embarrassing for Nintendo if it didn't), I would imagine the same being true of Mario Maker, so it's probably just the stream, but obviously there's no way to actually know just yet.

When it is in NSMB mode it is still Mario 1 physics, maybe that has something to do with it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

greatn posted:

It looked more like the framerate is normal, but there are no interstitial animations between poses, like literally replacing the Mario graphics with the equivalent models.

This seems right to me, it seems to go from standing to leg in the air really jankily, whatever on 8 bit, jarring with 3D models

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
edit: wrong thread

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Lemming posted:

This seems right to me, it seems to go from standing to leg in the air really jankily, whatever on 8 bit, jarring with 3D models
It looked like prerendered sprites when I watched the trailer on the eShop on my TV, the background also looked like a prerendered image of the 3D background in NSMBU.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Maybe people in this thread won't get bogged down with smashchat!

Look at this controller! Feast your eyes!

Pretty rad. Though looks like a Classic controller, so it plugs into a wiimote. There's also a Peach and a Yoshi one.

EDIT: Yes, this is the one that's being made by PDP.

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 11, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

HJE-Cobra posted:

Pretty rad. Though looks like a Classic controller, so it plugs into a wiimote. There's also a Peach and a Yoshi one.

That must be the thing PDP was making.

I honestly prefer the Gamecube controllers, that looks like some piece of junk I used to own that broke down constantly and kept shocking me whenever I used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

HJE-Cobra posted:

If it plugs into the wiimote that means no rumble, right?

• Locked thread