Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I figure you guys should know that she's gunning for you sooner than later. She knows that's her only chance.

And I mean, real soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This is like watching a Hail Mary or Flea Flicker play in the last two minutes of the Rose Bowl

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

One out of two ain't bad.

Oooh.... hmmm... Fast Luck and who else...?

Winson_Paine posted:

This is like watching a Hail Mary or Flea Flicker play in the last two minutes of the Rose Bowl

Nah, my time is either up or it will be up soon. Doesn't matter to me. There's no prize for not-first, after all. But if I'm going down, I might as well take everyone down with me. Especially if I'm getting betrayed again (and I have good reason to believe that I am!).

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

windshipper posted:

There's no prize for not-first, after all.

Actually, I don't think I needed to mention this. You of all people should know this, Winson.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I definitely messaged a few people trying to make sure you went before me, winds. But I know better than to think Skinty would vote you out.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

windshipper posted:

I figure you guys should know that she's gunning for you sooner than later. She knows that's her only chance.

And I mean, real soon.

Ok, then if this is true, why wait until tribal to bring it up? Why not mention it via PM earlier?

This reads more like you're trying to find the cracks to make our vote right now falter, because if you can split our vote you can force rocks. I know that we haven't talked out of the thread, windy, but in your position, if I had people approach me and they indicated there was instability in the ruling majority? I'd be PMing the principal players like crazy, not sitting on it until no talk outside the thread can occur.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

Nah, my time is either up or it will be up soon. Doesn't matter to me. There's no prize for not-first, after all. But if I'm going down, I might as well take everyone down with me. Especially if I'm getting betrayed again (and I have good reason to believe that I am!).

No it is awesome, carry on.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

windshipper posted:

There's no prize for not-first, after all.

actually second place gets $25

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Majuju posted:

Anyone who plays for second doesn't deserve it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

Anyone who plays for second doesn't deserve it.

Just saying!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

Actually, I don't think I needed to mention this. You of all people should know this, Winson.

Sure there is, and you clearly know it too.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Majuju posted:

Wait really> That owns.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sure, we'd all like to win and collect the life-changing $75 Amazon gift card, but let's not deny that $25 would go a long way, too.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm actually genuinely beginning to believe that it wasn't actually a collective Durf play and you honestly don't know who the man overboard is.

This is more magical than I could ever imagine.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Also if I survive this round, I have a request for the jury or the vista or whoever, and that is you give me a cooler question next time

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, then if this is true, why wait until tribal to bring it up? Why not mention it via PM earlier?

This reads more like you're trying to find the cracks to make our vote right now falter, because if you can split our vote you can force rocks. I know that we haven't talked out of the thread, windy, but in your position, if I had people approach me and they indicated there was instability in the ruling majority? I'd be PMing the principal players like crazy, not sitting on it until no talk outside the thread can occur.

Mainly because I've been busy the past few days and my life has kinda hit a point where I'm losing out on time for this game due to other things going on. Also, I had some things revealed to me earlier today that really changed my perspective. Besides, this is more fun!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm actually genuinely beginning to believe that it wasn't actually a collective Durf play and you honestly don't know who the man overboard is.

This is more magical than I could ever imagine.

I kind of hope it is something at this point, even if I am the one under the grinder because goddamn that would be a lot of bluster for nothing.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Majuju posted:

Seriously?

Where in the OP is that?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

Seriously?

Where in the OP is that?

Maybe Maj is fronting it.

Tell y'all what, 2nd Place gets a free AV change.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Winson_Paine posted:

Maybe Maj is fronting it.

Tell y'all what, 2nd Place gets a free AV change.

Final few always get Av changes bought by the viewers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HulkaMatt posted:

Tribal Council 10
Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, Winson_Paine: You guys were at the center of a big blow up after the last tribal council. Have things smoothed over since? What exactly brought around that heated discussion? What do you take from that, as this game edges closer and closer to the end?

I guess things have smoothed over a little. I think that Windshipper felt more betrayed when we thought he would after a last minute, and man do I literally mean last minute, decision to go with a different plan. I certainly didn't help the situation with a comment made to him in private that I had hoped would placate him about it that ended up having the opposite effect.

As far as what I take away from it, I'm not sure. I think the biggest part of this game is trust, and there are a lot of different factors that go into deciding if you want to trust someone. I think that the events during and after tribal did a lot in that regard.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's down in the rules section. Ctrl-f $25.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

John Cena posted:

At the end of the day, this is an individual game with a $75 Grand Prize.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
sigh

I don't want to respond, but I guess I kind of have to.

I've had a day 1 alliance with Byers. He was the first person to contact me, and he did so substantively so I've persisted keeping him involved in any and everything I truly plan on doing. He was my closest ally in post-swap Durf by a long shot, and that bond got tighter when we were in serious danger against YPM and Disco. We've been together on literally every vote that's gone down, even/especially the first post-merge vote, in which we voted opposite each other. That's trust. That's loyalty. Like I said, that's hard to find.

Apparently, there's a perception that I'm on the outside of the Durf alliance, so I've been getting nailed by everybody (except Skinty) who's looking for a crack in Durf.

It sucks for them that they went for a crack that wasn't ever actually there.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Rules:
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a 100,000 hour probation. It's not that hard to not cheat. Please don't be a shithead!!!
[sub][list]

[*]You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard.:siren:, with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.:siren:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

sigh

I've had a day 1 alliance with Byers. He was the first person to contact me, and he did so substantively so I've persisted keeping him involved in any and everything I truly plan on doing. He was my closest ally in post-swap Durf by a long shot, and that bond got tighter when we were in serious danger against YPM and Disco. We've been together on literally every vote that's gone down, even/especially the first post-merge vote, in which we voted opposite each other. That's trust. That's loyalty. Like I said, that's hard to find.

Apparently, there's a perception that I'm on the outside of the Durf alliance, so I've been getting nailed by everybody (except Skinty) who's looking for a crack in Durf.

Oooohhhh.... So our conversation last night about your vote being the Buy More scene from chuck exploding was all a CLEVER RUSE then?!

Or how about every chat before then?

I mean if it was, then cool, that's fine. I'm just saying that there was a lot of talk about byers and fast luck being voted off for the past few days, and maybe I was getting triple double played, but that's an awfully specific scene that you're making up for a vote and all to lie about.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I stand corrected!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

When do we vote tonight? I want to get it in so I can go do stuff and not keep people waitin

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

When do we vote tonight? I want to get it in so I can go do stuff and not keep people waitin

seriously this, I'm wasting energy responding to prop machine because holy poo poo that's the fakest post ever. She doesn't even quote what I say, then she sighs all big and everything to show that she's exasperated and how this is all bullshit or whatever.

:lol:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

As an SA Moderator, if you are looking for crack this is not the forum. Hie thee to TCC

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. There is to be no out of thread communication while we are holding council. Majuju has Individual Immunity, I assume you're not gonna give it up?

And remember, you're sending in your votes to JOHN CENA, NOT ME!!!!!!

:siren: SEND IN YOUR VOTES TO JOHN CENA!!! :siren:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I am keeping the immunity!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

sigh

I feel I should probably confirm at this point that Prop hasn't contacted me in days.

Also as to not burn any potential bridges tonight, I am in fact not going to vote for either party who contacted me.

This is a pinkie swear.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

:shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper posted:

Oooohhhh.... So our conversation last night about your vote being the Buy More scene from chuck exploding was all a CLEVER RUSE then?!

Or how about every chat before then?

I mean if it was, then cool, that's fine. I'm just saying that there was a lot of talk about byers and fast luck being voted off for the past few days, and maybe I was getting triple double played, but that's an awfully specific scene that you're making up for a vote and all to lie about.

What can I say? I'm a bit of a comedian, but I've ceded that role to Majuju around these parts. I've been rewatching Chuck and I saw that scene a few days ago so it was the first funny mic-drop that came to mind (especially since Game of Thrones was already taken).

I'm mentally exhausted. Way too mentally exhausted to be bothered, really. I guess it's my fault for having the poor sense to reply to IMs.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Heck, didn't Skinty tell you not to trust me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

What can I say? I'm a bit of a comedian, but I've ceded that role to Majuju around these parts. I've been rewatching Chuck and I saw that scene a few days ago so it was the first funny mic-drop that came to mind (especially since Game of Thrones was already taken).

I'm mentally exhausted. Way too mentally exhausted to be bothered, really. I guess it's my fault for having the poor sense to reply to IMs.

Chuck is awesome, at least the first few seasons. No shame there.

• Locked thread