Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ballz posted:

The wight attack will be against Bran and Co. before they're saved by Coldhands Leaf or some other Child of the Forest and taken down to Bloodraven.

In fact, no mention of Leaf in that entry form makes me consider two things: do they HAVE to list every single instance of a prosthetic/makeup/etc.? Or just give a few specific examples for the entire episode?

And second, it's possible Leaf's appearance will be modified by CGI and not regular makeup and prosthetics... which could also be possible for Stoneheart, as well.

It certainly sounds like they're listing some pretty substantial work so it might just be the highlights rather than every instance of makeup/prostheses in the episode. just trying to think of any prosthetic/makeup jobs we know will be in the episode but which aren't listed, other than Tyrions very minor facial scarring which wouldn't warrant a mention I can't think of any since there's no indication that Shireen will be in the ep or anyone else who always has prostheses.

If there's no Stoneheart though that's a massive dick move on Lena's part with the twitter pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ballz posted:

The wight attack will be against Bran and Co. before they're saved by Coldhands Leaf or some other Child of the Forest and taken down to Bloodraven.

:doh: I completely forgot about that, I thought it was going to happen in conjunction with events at the Wall or something.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

3Romeo posted:

I don't think it'd be a bad thing if they do. It'd give season five's Wall story a pretty good arc. Start with Jon turning down Stannis and becoming Lord Commander, spend fifteen minutes every couple of episodes dealing with the Wildlings and letting them settle The Gift, end the season with Jon getting shanked and, hopefully, the Battle of Winterfell.

I'm oddly looking forward to the next couple of seasons. The showrunners know what crap to drop (e.g., Nimble Dick and Crackclaw point) while still hitting the important parts. And since the show is already stepping into Winds territory, I'll have no idea what parts are Martin's and what parts are made just for television. We'll have new Ice and Fire progression for the first time in four years, not counting that Night's King thing that happened.

Going along with this the one "Dance" storyline I'm sure will be in the next season is everything that's going on in the North. Not just Jon and Stannis' storylines but also Theon, Ramsay, and Davos. This season has mostly been about the Lannisters in King's Landing, but next season is going to be "The North Remembers"*. I am so looking forward to Davo's storyline in particular; I want to see Frey pies and loving Manderly cracking jokes.

*I'm also positive that Stoneheart will be one of the last shots on Sunday. Everyone wants some comeuppance for the Starks - Stoneheart is going to get everyone FIRED UP for season 5, and is a fitting lead-in to "The North Remembers."

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

Who chooses the nominations? I have literally no idea how the Emmys work in practice.

Would it be possible that they chose not to submit Stoneheart because it didn't require as extensive work as the other ones listed? I realize I'm probably grasping at straws here. :ohdear:

It's impressive, but not as impressive as the other stuff they listed, so maybe?

quote:

A lovely and slightly sad Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark, just after filming the red wedding. I sculpted, moulded and cast this intrinsically painted piece and applied it with @creaturesinc whome I was freelancing for at the time. There was also a silicone bladder under the piece for fake blood to be pumped through #gameofthrones #catelynstark #cutthroat #prosthetics #specialmakeupeffects #makeup
source

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I would also think that they would be careful not to spoil a major finale surprise by including what will probably look like a generic zombie make-up amongst things like elf children and a man who is a tree.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lady stoneheart isn't happening this season, just give it up.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Just don't expect it, that way if it does happen you'll be pleasantly surprised and if not then eh, everything else will still be awesome.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
The tree guy makeup is a big spoiler in my book and it is on there.
I am sure the makeup for the cut after she's been rotting in the river a long time would be more dramatic than for after it just happened.
The thread's Stoneheart obsession is one of those things I don't get. (And in general why people focus more on the fantasy elements/prophecies which seem less interesting than the human drama.) The surprise I am most looking forward to in this week's episode is Tyrion's escape and killing of Tywin / Shae, but I guess the difference is something we will see for certain next week and Stoneheart is up in the air.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Syncopated posted:

Lady stoneheart isn't happening this season, just give it up.

This thread needs at least one thing a to be insufferable about.

Next year? I dunno Darkstar? More Strong Belwas bitching? I dunno.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

asvodel posted:

The surprise I am most looking forward to in this week's episode is Tyrion's escape and killing of Tywin / Shae, but I guess the difference is something we will see for certain next week and Stoneheart is up in the air.

That really is it, to be honest. For me at least. If they cut Stoneheart, I and many others will be pretty angry. If they cut Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin, people would be rallying together to burn D&D's houses down.

There is no concern over stuff we know won't get cut. Stannis attacking the wildlings is in. Tyrion's awesome ASOS finale is in. Bran meeting Bloodraven is in. These are all cool things, but since we know 100% that they are in, they don't need to be fretted over beyond "I hope they do it well". And there isn't much reason to worry about that, to be honest. The Tyrion stuff, with quality actors like Peter Dinklage and Charles Dance, will be awesome even if a line or two gets changed or removed. There isn't much reason to talk much about it, at least until it actually happens.

I'm pretty sure that the Tyrion-Tywin scene is more anticipated than Stoneheart. It's just that of these two shock moments in the final chapters of ASOS, one of them looks like it could possibly be missing from the show. Considering how kickass those last chapters were... having all of that "holy poo poo" at the end, the idea of losing part of that is rather depressing.

And that epilogue chapter was one of the best moments in the book. Besides, Freys need to be loving hung in order to satisfy the sadistic glee I have for revenge.

e: Also, one of the major elements of this season has been the unraveling of the "victors" of the war, which is only going to get worse in Season 5. The Lannisters are being torn apart, and losing Tywin sets the stage for Cersei to start completely loving things up. The Boltons seem fine, but now that the North is "theirs", they will find that it really isn't stable at all with Stannis at the wall and people like Wyman Manderly plotting their ruin.

All that's missing is the Freys, and their ruin begins with Stoneheart and the BwB hunting them down. So... we kinda need that.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah, it will be over the Greyjoys most likely. Darkstar is loving lame.

Yureina fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 11, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

asvodel posted:

The tree guy makeup is a big spoiler in my book and it is on there.
I am sure the makeup for the cut after she's been rotting in the river a long time would be more dramatic than for after it just happened.
The thread's Stoneheart obsession is one of those things I don't get. (And in general why people focus more on the fantasy elements/prophecies which seem less interesting than the human drama.) The surprise I am most looking forward to in this week's episode is Tyrion's escape and killing of Tywin / Shae, but I guess the difference is something we will see for certain next week and Stoneheart is up in the air.
I don't know why you're calling it an "obsession". But basically, people think having a visual "Holy crap!" moment to close out a season works well. Season 3 was missing one, and the ending wasn't great. Revealing Stoneheart seems like a good candidate to a lot of people. The reveal of Brynden can also work, however.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Title of this thread should be father's day themed, because y'know.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Lycus posted:

I don't know why you're calling it an "obsession". But basically, people think having a visual "Holy crap!" moment to close out a season works well. Season 3 was missing one, and the ending wasn't great. Revealing Stoneheart seems like a good candidate to a lot of people. The reveal of Brynden can also work, however.

Stoneheart would be a total holy poo poo and ending on a 'Starks are back!' note - even if that isn't the avenue the story takes. It would be the perfect end to a great season.

I just can't wait to drink the salty tears of wrongness from the naysayers - Lena wouldn't let us down. :colbert:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

onemillionzombies posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo I just realised that the next episode airs on the US Fathers Day - that's not coincidence, surely?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Hahaha gently caress that's right. That is beautiful timing either way.

Gecnan
Apr 26, 2008

onemillionzombies posted:

Nice catch.
Episode is gunna be a master stroke.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

I, Butthole posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo I just realised that the next episode airs on the US Fathers Day - that's not coincidence, surely?

I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
We might finally get confirmation of the speculative poisoning.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Medieval Medic posted:

You mean Oberyn poisoning Tywin? I'm thinking that's dead in the water. But... maybe not. Would be cool. :D

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Stoneheart was hooded and had to grasp her throat to speak. They don't need a of of makeup for that. Dye her hair, paint her up grey and have her hooded in a blood stained blue cloak.

It doesn't need major prosthetics which is what was mentioned.

I think the eipsode will work fine with the 56 minutes they have really it will probably need a good twenty minutes for tyrion, stannis and John. To do their thing. Give ten to the others to do their thing and you're pretty much home.

Lord commander vote doesn't need to be till next season ep 1 anyway. Stoneheart reveal is a five minute scene to do it really well.

Like last year when Arya killed a Frey it started with Freys round a fire. Have three or four on horseback, they hear some dude singing, arrows take out two of them, third gets dragged off his horse. Starts begging for help gets put in a noose reveal, hang, roll credits.

You guys sperg to hard about how much time stuff will take to show. Without 20 pages of inner "mayhaps, mine nuncle likes people to whisper words of wind in his ear before he sups on a fat pink mast" and "where do whores go" cuts down on what needs to be seen to be effective narratively.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

Is it just me or were there like at least 4 Jon Snow clones getting killed in that battle?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I feel like they wasted time on stupid poo poo like Aemon talking about his previous poon.

I will always have time for Harry Grout.

Kadath posted:

Another tired joke about the season 2 mountain was all it took to break 6 years of silence from poster dudelebowski, and his mind as well.

That's it. I'm going to swing Season 2 mountain around until everyone's banned. And dual wield with deadJon.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Medieval Medic posted:

The poisoning theory always seemed dumb to me. A guy as discrete about whoring as Tywin Lannister doesn't have a naked chick in his room if his bowels are clenched in agony.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Universe Master posted:

The poisoning theory always seemed dumb to me. A guy as discrete about whoring as Tywin Lannister doesn't have a naked chick in his room if his bowels are clenched in agony.

Maybe he was looking for a full release?

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Thought she could help him loosen up?

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

hellbastard posted:

Is it just me or were there like at least 4 Jon Snow clones getting killed in that battle?

Particularly in the shot of Ygritte shooting crows, I thought it was pretty neat and was a cool way to show her state of mind. It was super subtle, they all just looked enough like Jon for it to work.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season so far, the only thing that really sticks out in my mind as being "disliked" was the Asha/Yara failed rescue attempt. I understand the reasons behind it all (Theon is dead, long live Reek) It just didn't come off very well and it made the Iron born look like inept pussies (Throw a loving axe at the oval office with no friggin armor FFS!)

Also I know its a silly thing to think about really, but I hope next season in the opening sequence Winterfell gets semi-fixed and starts displaying the Bolton banner.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

Universe Master posted:

Maybe he thought she could loosen him up.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

hellbastard posted:

Maybe he thought she could loosen him up.

That's kind of tragic in its own way. Tywin really wasn't a hypocrite, he simply needed someone to help clean him out and he chose somebody with discretion. Shae was only naked because of the potential splashback.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Hear my rear end in a top hat roar.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I don't think they'll bring up Tysha as a reason for Tyrion to kill his dad because a lot of show watchers have forgotten who that even is at this point. Somehow Tyrion will probably catch Tywin loving Shae or something and get pissed about that.

Also, I'm fairly confident Stoneheart is in it. I just don't see a more exciting way to end the season and the second I read about it in the book I thought about how cool of a season finale that would be. Would be criminal to leave her out.

InFlames235 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 11, 2014

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Did we ever end up getting confirmation on where this image is from?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ada7a2a7963ce6e4f18b8a07a5d966d6/tumblr_n3qcn6ygHX1sftvypo1_500.jpg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Universe Master posted:

Pffft, a Lannister always pays his debts, and always fucks his whores. It is known.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It's from an SFX preview of season 4, so unless they actually had the spoilers and are not going with what's in the books, probably means nothing.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

thehacker0 posted:

Alright, I usually don't catch the previews since I use HBO go. I am guessing, if that is the case, that it will be somewhat brief and not nearly as involved as last weeks battle. I too think it makes sense that they include his arrival this season, but my hopes were somewhat eroded based on the scope of sundays battle

Stannis's arrival in the books isn't a huge battle anyway. It's basically just a bunch of heavy cavalry showing up and running over the disorganized wildlings, who almost immediately break and flee.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Yureina posted:

I'm pretty sure that the Tyrion-Tywin scene is more anticipated than Stoneheart. It's just that of these two shock moments in the final chapters of ASOS, one of them looks like it could possibly be missing from the show. Considering how kickass those last chapters were... having all of that "holy poo poo" at the end, the idea of losing part of that is rather depressing.

I dunno. This has been the Lannister season, but I also very much anticipate seeing the Starks on the rise. And Stoneheart is a part of that (yeah, yeah, tortured existence and all, I get that; still, she gets the job done).

In my mind, they are a paired thing. In the first episode, Tywin was on the rise and destroying the last traces of the Starks (Ice). Now, Tywin dies, together with the Lannister power, while the Starks are ascendant.

On that note, I have really appreciated how, throughout the season, Tywin had attempted to resolve the Jaime/no heirs situation. Using Tyrion's trial for that, for one thing.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's going to be Dany making GBS threads herself, and you know that perfectly.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Strong Belwas bitching will never, ever go away.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kairos posted:

Stannis's arrival in the books isn't a huge battle anyway. It's basically just a bunch of heavy cavalry showing up and running over the disorganized wildlings, who almost immediately break and flee.

it's pretty loving epic though, and mel fireblasting that eagle is great

quote:

Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall; Dany must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth about his situation."

I don't see how that first bit could be anything but Stannis.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Strong Belwas bitching will never, ever go away.

Only Belwas.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

I think I heard something about Conan Stevens (the guy who played the Mountain in S1) being cast as both Strong Belwas and Coldhands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I see more meta belwas bitching than belwas bitching by a good sight.

• Locked thread