Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Just a Lightning Zwei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Rip in Piss Dark Souls 2 thread's 666th page. Hail Satan.

I'm seriously thinking they buffed Thrust damage. The Greatbows and Grand Lances do a whole lot now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FlyinPingu posted:

Lucatiel chest piece is so great. :allears: Other pieces are the Hunter's Hat, and then the Judgement pants/gloves.

Dark Souls 2: Unironic Fedora Selfies

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Rip in Piss Dark Souls 2 thread's 666th page. Hail Satan.

I'm seriously thinking they buffed Thrust damage. The Greatbows and Grand Lances do a whole lot now.

Did they make break arrows useful yet? I want to shoot dumb pubbies with great arrows and watch their equipment break.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Isn't the majula chest supposed to have twinkling titanite now? After going to things betwixt and back it's still open for me.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Azuth0667 posted:

Did they make break arrows useful yet? I want to shoot dumb pubbies with great arrows and watch their equipment break.

They were useful anyways.

For some odd reason, they do more physical damage than Iron Greatarrows do. :confused:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I just noticed an item on a thin ledge above MacDuff's Workshop when you're heading up the stairs... ran around, can't figure out how the hell to get up there. In the process I went over to the stable area where the well with the Wanderer armor cage is, and I noticed a ladder across the way on the other roof and ANOTHER item.... how the hell do you get over there? Jumping across was... yeah, less than successful.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Fuzz posted:

I just noticed an item on a thin ledge above MacDuff's Workshop when you're heading up the stairs... ran around, can't figure out how the hell to get up there. In the process I went over to the stable area where the well with the Wanderer armor cage is, and I noticed a ladder across the way on the other roof and ANOTHER item.... how the hell do you get over there? Jumping across was... yeah, less than successful.
Jump across scrub. If I remember correctly the item is just a soul item. I am apparently not visualizing the place you're describing well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Fuzz posted:

You have to jump across the gap from where you get the bracing knuckle ring. The item is a spell parry shield.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think you can get up there to the right of the bridge leading to Sinner's Rise, just below where Straid is.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think you can get up there to the right of the bridge leading to Sinner's Rise, just below where Straid is.

I looked over there, didn't see anything.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y1kK3kONM0

This is how you get the item.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Fuzz posted:

For the roof ladder, get on top of the scaffolding above the well and jump across.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Through the illusory wall under Straid's outside, you can follow along the outside wall to the right if you leap across where the dead body is.

I chased a guy along that narrow ledge during an invasion once. I managed to kill him with a GLS and get my points before falling to my death from the forward motion.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 10, 2014

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If I am not mistaken, there are certain NPCs with unique movesets. I was told Lucatiel is one, she swings her sword in an unusual way.

Who are others?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Can anyone kindly PM me with a tutorial on how to change my character's name via CheatEngine? I can't seem to find one online.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Would anyone be able to help mule me Soul Greatsword on my (currently) 30k SM char? I don't want to wait for another 2/3rds of the game to get that back, though I'm good on waiting on the others.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think you can trade sorceries.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Praseodymi posted:

I don't think you can trade sorceries.

Oh, never mind then. Back to the Lost Bastille now! I'm glad to know that the game ate my save for nothing and the skybox is still hosed.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Why hasn't From implemented an ingame way of changing your character's name. Like offer a soul vessel to the gods or some poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

White Phosphorus posted:

Why hasn't From implemented an ingame way of changing your character's name. Like offer a soul vessel to the gods or some poo poo.

It'd be kind of silly to have that as a feature when it wouldn't matter for 2/3 of the platforms it is on (since only PC uses character name).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

VisAbsoluta posted:

Can anyone kindly PM me with a tutorial on how to change my character's name via CheatEngine? I can't seem to find one online.

If someone divulges this information with you, I would like to know as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No by all means Pilgrim Bellclaire jump after the ruin sentinel so they all show up and get yourself killed. :argh:

e: Aaaaand clipped right through the floor of the bastille around Lucatiel. :thumbsup:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 11, 2014

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

No one has a spare cache of cracked red eye orbs do they? Arena is downright miserable and that smarmy bastard won't sell me orbs until NG+ for some reason.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

West Ham Sandwich posted:

No one has a spare cache of cracked red eye orbs do they? Arena is downright miserable and that smarmy bastard won't sell me orbs until NG+ for some reason.

In Huntsman's Copse, the mummy folks in front of the Undead Purgatory can drop them, just in case you don't get a response. They're easy to farm too!

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Tallgeese posted:

If I am not mistaken, there are certain NPCs with unique movesets. I was told Lucatiel is one, she swings her sword in an unusual way.

Who are others?

Gilligan's another, and I think the Majula blacksmith as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was just shading for another guy to return to human. Since when do the two extra ruin sentinels both jump up to that alcove after the first dies if no player falls down? I thought they don't attack together unless you're on the bottom floor.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I was just shading for another guy to return to human. Since when do the two extra ruin sentinels both jump up to that alcove after the first dies if no player falls down? I thought they don't attack together unless you're on the bottom floor.

They always do that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

They always do that.

I've never seen it before, and I recall reading that they don't go together until you fall. I guess I don't need to care about rubbing my face on that first one then.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

They start moving as soon as the first sentinel dies, and usually one will jump up and be by itself (herself?) for a little bit before the second one joins in. Good for getting a couple of extra hits in without complications, bad if you're not expecting it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I never noticed before, but the canyon between the Tseldora campsite and the church is an actual part of the lower cave that you go through! It's nice to know that most of the parts are still well-connected. :unsmith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Control Volume posted:

They start moving as soon as the first sentinel dies, and usually one will jump up and be by itself (herself?) for a little bit before the second one joins in. Good for getting a couple of extra hits in without complications, bad if you're not expecting it.

Ah, right. I still say the Ruin Sentinels are the hardest boss in the game (if you have no holy water). They consistently, well, ruin me on every character.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Tallgeese posted:

Who are others?

Darkdiver Gandahl :downs:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Ah, right. I still say the Ruin Sentinels are the hardest boss in the game (if you have no holy water). They consistently, well, ruin me on every character.

Well you'd be wrong, because there's a boss in close proximity to the ruin sentinels that are much more of a pain in the rear end. At least the sentinels you can neuter with a 100% shield.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Well you'd be wrong, because there's a boss in close proximity to the ruin sentinels that are much more of a pain in the rear end. At least the sentinels you can neuter with a 100% shield.

Gargoyles and Sinner can both be neutered with a shield.

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never seen it before, and I recall reading that they don't go together until you fall. I guess I don't need to care about rubbing my face on that first one then.

After you kill the first one a second will hop, then a bit later the third. You can potentially keep it 1v1 by making one keep falling off, but that's hard to do consistently.

Best is to wait for the first to hop up, wail on him for a few seconds, then drop to the ground. Easy damage on one of them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Control Volume posted:

Gargoyles are way, way less aggressive than Ruin Sentinels. It's not even a contest.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
If you have trouble with the sentinels, try powerstancing two maces and you can hilariously stunlock them. You can almost kill the second one before the third jumps up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Just download a CE and give yourself orbs with it. Game can't tell the difference and nobody is gonna fault you for not dealing with the atrocious arena.

RBA Starblade posted:

I definitely think they are one of the more difficult fights but also very well designed, so they're one of my favorites.

CJacobs posted:

I never noticed before, but the canyon between the Tseldora campsite and the church is an actual part of the lower cave that you go through! It's nice to know that most of the parts are still well-connected. :unsmith:

Yeah Tseldora fits together properly, but going through it I still feel so confused by the layout of the sand pit.

EDIT: Though now the CE I was using crashes the game whenever I turn it on. I need more orbs dammit :negative:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 11, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VisAbsoluta posted:

Bob NewSCART posted:

If someone divulges this information with you, I would like to know as well.

If no one has helped with this yet, it's quite easy, if a bit finicky.
You just choose String as the "Value Type" and check the Unicode checkbox. Search for your character name and change it to what you want it to be.
I have no idea which value makes it stick, so I literally just spent a couple of minutes changing different values (and them reverting) :downs: Eventually it stuck. You should only have a list of 3-5 values.

ps: Should probably be done in offline mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Control Volume posted:

Which one's that? Lost Sinner? She was only a pain when I popped an ascetic while my char was pretty wimpy.

quote:

Best is to wait for the first to hop up, wail on him for a few seconds, then drop to the ground. Easy damage on one of them.

I got sick of falling through the level and disconnecting (drat it Steam) and other bullshit so I summoned a second mage and a tank and we peppered them to death. I'm not sorry at all.

quote:

I definitely think they are one of the more difficult fights but also very well designed, so they're one of my favorites.

I like them because they're so hard, but god drat if I've lost all patience after the game ate my saves.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 11, 2014