Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Hm, they said it should be available for pre-order on Gamestop's website apparently, but it's not listed yet. And in limited quantities! Aiee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I already have red Mario and green Luigi gamecube controllers and still feel compelled to get these. Dammit Nintendo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Man oh man, is Wii Party U any good? I'm torn between that and Wind Waker for my free download from registering Mario Kart 8.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

HJE-Cobra posted:

Maybe people in this thread won't get bogged down with smashchat!

Look at this controller! Feast your eyes!

Pretty rad. Though looks like a Classic controller, so it plugs into a wiimote. There's also a Peach and a Yoshi one.

EDIT: Yes, this is the one that's being made by PDP.

Yeah... I don't get why they don't just make more wavebirds. Having a controller that needs to plug into something on a console these days is pretty much the worst.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
people who care about playing smash long-term don't want wireless latency on their controllers

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It says in the post you just quoted that it plugs into a Wiimote though.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Man oh man, is Wii Party U any good? I'm torn between that and Wind Waker for my free download from registering Mario Kart 8.

Get Wind Waker because you can pick up Wii Party cheaper than WW and its physical copy comes with a Wii Remote Plus.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

TheQat posted:

people who care about playing smash long-term don't want wireless latency on their controllers
If only I'd been a millisecond faster I would have defeated you, Hungrybox!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

TheQat posted:

Yeah and they can use the lovely pro controller or whatever, for their Digital Sports.

I just want a comfortable, totally wireless controller for a fun game, thanks Nintendo.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Darke GBF posted:

Yeah and they can use the lovely pro controller or whatever, for their Digital Sports.

I just want a comfortable, totally wireless controller for a fun game, thanks Nintendo.
I'm pretty sure Smash 4 will be compatible with the Wii U Pro controller so....

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Lizard Wizard posted:

No. Plus Wind Waker is absolutely amazing, and looks gorgeous, so get that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aonuma on the new Zelda trailer: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

Oh poo poo, gender swap confirmed

but probably not actually

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Dammit Nintendo why do I always forget you never have autosave? :(

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Chaltab posted:

I'm pretty sure Smash 4 will be compatible with the Wii U Pro controller so....

Honestly the Wii U Pro controller, while not feeling cheap or poorly built, just feels weird coming from mainly using the 360 and playstation controllers. The gamecube controller still feels familiar and comfortable even not having used it for years. Honestly, I'm not sure why they ever switched away from that design.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Wasn't dildo-like enough.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some more Devil's Third footage, looks a little better than the other stuff:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-devil-s-third/2300-6419467/

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

poopzilla posted:

This 30% off is going to make me buy Wind Waker HD (it was my close second to NSMBU for the freebie). Take all my money nintendo, I don't care anymore. :shepspends:

noirstronaut posted:

If you hit up eBay or SA mart, you can get someone's download code for $20.

I just wanted to say I got a ‘buy now’ on ebay for 23 bucks for this. So thanks again for the suggestion. :)

I’m falling back into the Nintendo fold after a while away and it feels good. I watched a whole bunch of today’s E3 coverage and it reminded me why I grew up loving Nintendo. Everything I saw today made me feel like a kid, and why games are so much fun. They don’t have to be gritty and dark, they just need to be fun. I’m super happy and realize this sounds super gay, so goodnight nerds.

Yay I :h: Nintendo! :neckbeard:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, and Benedict Cumberbatch didn't play Khan.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Is the Nintendo e3 page super broken for anyone else? All day I've been going to pages for games, and when I click "videos" or "screenshots" it just gives me a 404. I thought maybe something would show up at the end of the day, but nothing yet. (and I know the round table is still going.... but...)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

He's only been Link if you named him Link :colbert:

iminay
Dec 18, 2012
would it still be zelda if the main character isn't Link? interesting concept to ponder, kind of neat too be honest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's not Link it's his brother Lunk.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Skyward Sword was secretly tracking what everyone was naming Link so they could finally bring gamers the character they've been yearning to play: Assballs.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

HJE-Cobra posted:

Maybe people in this thread won't get bogged down with smashchat!

Look at this controller! Feast your eyes!

Pretty rad. Though looks like a Classic controller, so it plugs into a wiimote. There's also a Peach and a Yoshi one.

EDIT: Yes, this is the one that's being made by PDP.

Does that mean this one is all a dream?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Does that mean this one is all a dream?

This black one with the original design and the SSB logo is the official one from Nintendo. It's exactly the same as an original GC controller, so it'll work with a GC, a Wii, or the Wii U adapter.

The red one is the one PDP made before they knew Nintendo was cooking up their own solution. Poor PDP, getting their lunch eaten like that.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Supercar Gautier posted:

This black one with the original design and the SSB logo is the official one from Nintendo. It's exactly the same as an original GC controller, so it'll work with a GC, a Wii, or the Wii U adapter.

The red one is the one PDP made before they knew Nintendo was cooking up their own solution. Poor PDP, getting their lunch eaten like that.

Oh. Hmm. I had always assumed PDP and Nintendo were always working together and their controllers were a joint announcement along with the GC controller support/adapter.

Either way, I see myself buying the Nintendo one even though I already own a black GC controller. Something about it just strikes me as valuable and not horrid looking.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Because everyone knows that third party controllers are often poo poo and even the best ones don't measure up to the first party versions.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Oh. Hmm. I had always assumed PDP and Nintendo were always working together and their controllers were a joint announcement along with the GC controller support/adapter.

As far as I can tell, PDP just paid Nintendo to license their character branding, and that's the extent of the deal/partership. Which makes it even funnier that Nintendo proceeded to trot out a superior option.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Chaltab posted:

Because everyone knows that third party controllers are often poo poo and even the best ones don't measure up to the first party versions.

It's more about aesthetics than anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chaltab posted:

They usually use half rear end parts for their interior, so you have button pads tearing or coming loose, analog sticks breaking in half, or the wires to the controller bending and destroying the connecting between the controller.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
How useful are the Wii fit products? My girlfriend is interested in them which could be the bit I need to justify buying a Wii U for our house.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

How useful are the Wii fit products? My girlfriend is interested in them which could be the bit I need to justify buying a Wii U for our house.

It's not going to magically make someone fit, but it's standard stretches and exercises which is good for anyone trying to lose weight. If you keep up with it, you'll be toned eventually, but don't rely heavily on only this while not running, jogging, sit ups, etc etc.

Oh, eating healthy too, I guess.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
From the E3 thread, Pac in Smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fremry posted:

It's pretty great for tracking hikes or if you bike to work, plus it lets you track your weight easy.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wii Party U is great if you're playing with friends, or drunk, or playing with drunk friends. Didn't get WWHD but the original game was great and the HD release looks great (plus it has extra stuff like taking pictures I guess?). Id say the choice depends on whether you think you'd be playing alone or with people more often.

Fremry posted:

Basically what everyone else had said, it's not like a cardio workout or anything but it keeps you in shape if you use it regularly. Mostly I thought the fact that it keeps track of everything was helpful, since I've never been good at keeping track of stuff like that myself.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
ZombiU is $10 at Best Buy, in case anyone missed it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zombiu-nintendo-wii-u/5743611.p?id=1218690247387&skuId=5743611&st=zombie

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wild Knight posted:

Is that blood? How does a moon get blood on its teeth?

It's bottle rot.

iminay posted:

would it still be zelda if the main character isn't Link? interesting concept to ponder, kind of neat too be honest.

If the guy in the trailer really isn't Link (it's Link,) I'd sooner expect to see a double feature (along the lines of Link's wolf form in Twilight Princess) than a completely different lone protagonist in a Zelda game. Sounds like way too much of a gamble when this game is slated to be one of the few big guns that the Wii U desperately needs. Of course, canonically, each game's Link is supposed to be a different person, but I don't think anyone actually plays along with that.

axleblaze posted:

Skyward Sword was secretly tracking what everyone was naming Link so they could finally bring gamers the character they've been yearning to play: Assballs.

Don't forget his trusty steed, My Dick.

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 11, 2014

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SurrealityCheck posted:

Bayo1 didn't do that badly - it ended up selling over 2 million copies, which is not that bad. It's certainly not Vanquish levels of bad >_>

Curse everyone's bad taste. :argh:
I just bought Bayonetta 1 for the PS3 so I could try it out before number 2 hit. :argh: What a waste of money. :(

edit:
I forgot, but why Amiibo? Why not just Amiigo? :(

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I've been thinking about this for all of two minutes, but is the amount of love Rosalina is seeing in Wii U games almost hinting at an eventually Galaxy title being announced? Is that wishful thinking? For example, we didn't see much Sunshine nods on Wii games aside from Mario Kart levels (if I'm not mistaken), but we see a lot of Rosalina.

• Locked thread