Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

The Question IRL posted:

[spoiler]its in-cannon name.[spoiler]

Best typo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8YAlnMVELw

New Constantine trailer. Man, I really wish it was October already.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 9, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Axel Serenity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYqkl0rlRw

New Constantine trailer. Man, I really wish it was October already.

Is that Doctor Fate's helmet?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

Is that Doctor Fate's helmet?

Yes it was. Well that is interesting.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Phantom Stranger should be showing up too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Phantom Stranger should be showing up too.

I hate Phantom Spacema-I mean Stranger.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Anyone have any alternate hosting for that? It's been taken down already.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Anyone have any alternate hosting for that? It's been taken down already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8YAlnMVELw

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Yes it was. Well that is interesting.

Not really. Certainly not as interesting as a glimpse of Zatanna would've been.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Powers TV show just announced as an exclusive to the Playstation. Also Bendis just showed up at E3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's gonna have two series apparently. BMB looks like Kingpin and that's creeping me out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also if you have PS+ you'll get Powers for free.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Not really. Certainly not as interesting as a glimpse of Zatanna would've been.

I'd say it's potentially interesting, considering Fate's power level and pedigree in the world of costumed superheroics. I'll be considerably more interested if this becomes the groundwork for a broader universe and not just an easter egg for comic nerds in the pilot.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

muscles like this? posted:

Also if you have PS+ you'll get Powers for free.
The show, or actual powers?! :aaaaa:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
You have to uh, do other things to get actual powers.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
You don't want to get bitten by a radioactive PS+ and get Amazing PS+ Powers. Trust me on that one.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

The show, or actual powers?! :aaaaa:

The power to have more games than time to play them :negative:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

BMB looks like Kingpin and that's creeping me out.

Speaking of Kingpin...

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

Vincent D'onofrio officially cast as Wilson Fisk for the Daredevil Netflix show.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Not who I was expecting at all but I'm kind of down with it. He can definitely do imposing well.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's an interesting choice. D'Onofrio plays a pretty good intimidating underworld crime boss in The Salton Sea.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Never in a thousand years would have I come up with such awesome casting for Kingpin.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Deadpool posted:

Never in a thousand years would have I come up with such awesome casting for Kingpin.

I know nothing about him but he just looks like Kingpin to me.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Soylentbits posted:

You should watch Full Metal Jacket

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm pumped about that choice. He's an amazing actor. Maybe not the "huge, hulking" Fisk in some versions of the comic but definitely has the intelligence to pull the part off.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soylentbits posted:

Also watch Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Medullah posted:

I'm pumped about that choice. He's an amazing actor. Maybe not the "huge, hulking" Fisk in some versions of the comic but definitely has the intelligence to pull the part off.

In the last few seasons of CI he put on a loooooooot of weight. I can see him being a bulky Fisk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Gone from playing Thor to playing the Kingpin...what a journey.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah I can definitely see this working

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

In the last few seasons of CI he put on a loooooooot of weight. I can see him being a bulky Fisk.
Absolutely. He's a pretty husky dude.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Will his voice be dubbed by Maurice LaMarche?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Will his voice be dubbed by Maurice LaMarche?

In a strange twist of fate, it'll be dubbed by Orson Welles.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Waterhaul posted:

Not who I was expecting at all but I'm kind of down with it. He can definitely do imposing well.

Also, fat. Seriously Goren in early CI vs late CI is so weird.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I never would have thought of this and am unbelievably ok with the choice. Anybody whose seen The Cell or the episodes of CI where he goes apeshit knows he can do violent & intimidating extremely well, not to mention methodical and calculating. As long as we're not getting his almost-literally-phoned-it-in performance from Sinister I'll be happy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So, who's left? Foggy, Bullseye? Maybe Karen and Elektra? (I kinda want Favreau to be Foggy again. Just have him be every schlubby male sidekick.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figure if there's Kingpin, we'll see Elektra and Bullseye for sure. I'm hoping Typhoid Mary as well.

I'd not be surprised to see at least one Avenger appear in the series, most likely Hawkeye. He's about at street level as you can get, and if they can get Kevin Spacey to be in a netflix show, they can get Renner.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

twistedmentat posted:

I figure if there's Kingpin, we'll see Elektra and Bullseye for sure. I'm hoping Typhoid Mary as well.

I'd not be surprised to see at least one Avenger appear in the series, most likely Hawkeye. He's about at street level as you can get, and if they can get Kevin Spacey to be in a netflix show, they can get Renner.

Purple Man can be great, he's a Daredevil villain, right? He'd be a great fit for a tv-scale show. Yeah he has some creepy aspects from the comics, but they don't have to play that up. Then again they're Netflix so I guess they could if they wanted to. (well, if this wasn't a Disney franchise)

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I would presume that any Purple Man would be saved for the Alias show rather than Daredevil.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah I mean I really don't see how you do Jessica Jones and not touch on Purple Man. That's a pretty major part of Alias, and I don't see *why* you'd do Jessica Jones without drawing on Alias.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It'd be like doing Tony Stark and not touching on his alcoholism and other self destructive behaviour.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah I mean I really don't see how you do Jessica Jones and not touch on Purple Man. That's a pretty major part of Alias, and I don't see *why* you'd do Jessica Jones without drawing on Alias.

I kinda wonder how deep and dark they'd go with that particular plot point, even on an "adult" network. It's pretty brutal and unsavory.

Dan Didio posted:

It'd be like doing Tony Stark and not touching on his alcoholism and other self destructive behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

jscolon2.0 posted:

Also, fat. Seriously Goren in early CI vs late CI is so weird.

Apparently he had (has?) serious health issues/medication, which led to his weight gain and also problems with the production schedule (which is the reason why Goren was on leave so many episodes in the second to last season).

Can't wait for his Kingpin, so stoked.