Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Iowa posted:

Where do drunken master fragments come from, and how much do they usually sell for?

I really like the set and would be interested in leveling it, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Hoooooboy.

Okay, first off you can only get the 1-3s from events, so if you don't have it yet just look out for an event on the forums. Then, you need the fragments. They come from all levels of beggar bags, but unless you have loads of time you'll be wanting to get them from the 10L bags. It took me 2000ish of the low level bags to get one frag. I got one ABOUT every 10-20 bags from the self-justification bags. You need 10 frags for a single page of a single skill.

There are much better ways you can spend your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Delerion posted:

The inner demon RE seems super hard, how do you beat it?

Depends on which one you get, but there are a number of ways to make it easier.

1. Invite friends from your friends list by right clicking their name on the list and selecting "random encounter"

2. Choose greatly strengthen power and get some buffs from the old man (it takes unbound liang)

3. Click off the parry debuff whenever you see someone stop attacking, just click on them a couple of times.

4. When he's in the middle of the damage field doing the burst aoe's, you can air dash through them to completely mitigate the damage.

5. Hopefully you don't get the damage reflect or heal on hit debuff boss.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Thanks a bunch! since the wiki is down i got a question about beggars too.

I got a ton of 'old welcomes the new' cult and qi pills, but i need to figure out which skill set to level for the moment(im around 25 first internal)

Also is iron head or 18 dragon slap set better for a beggar? everyone seems to be talking that the 1-3 skill sets for beggars are not so good.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Hoooooboy.

Okay, first off you can only get the 1-3s from events, so if you don't have it yet just look out for an event on the forums. Then, you need the fragments. They come from all levels of beggar bags, but unless you have loads of time you'll be wanting to get them from the 10L bags. It took me 2000ish of the low level bags to get one frag. I got one ABOUT every 10-20 bags from the self-justification bags. You need 10 frags for a single page of a single skill.

Dang. Got it in the forum event recently.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Hoooooboy.

There are a few people who have been successfully buying frags for like 20-30L each, but that's a very slow, long term thing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Rebellion didn't click into the war tonight, so Heiji's base is one war away from capture :v:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Delerion posted:

The inner demon RE seems super hard, how do you beat it?

Tell Guild Chat you got the event, and invite a couple bros to help. The RE is worth a sizable cultivation boost to anyone who participates, so someone will usually be willing to go if there's nothing major going on.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
YAY! I CAN FINALLY CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL.

Since a couple people asked for goonwiki stuff, I have a backup of the public info, and some of my own stuff from the Goonwiki. I was mirrorring/editing poo poo for my guild that played Wulin, so it's set to private and because Shoutwiki is bad I can't change it to public without dumping the wiki. So you can go here

http://aop.shoutwiki.com/

User: Goon
PW: GoonTang

If you wanna, you can rehost it on something that's not poo poo. You should have access to all the template files that I've emulated from the original Goonwiki. Lemme know if you don't.

EDIT: Basically what you're interested in is the sects info.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 10, 2014

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Thank you! The wiki is very useful, and at least it has pictures of the skills, so although the skill names are different, it is still very easy to understand with the pictures.

On the other hand, is there anyone in WV that can be my elder martial brother/mentor?

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

SweetBro posted:

I was mirrorring/editing poo poo for my guild that played Wulin

Speaking about wulin, is there a guild with goons in it since im playing mostly wulin right now.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

No, Wulin is (was) as goon barren as SV.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Delerion posted:

Speaking about wulin, is there a guild with goons in it since im playing mostly wulin right now.

I started the Wulin Goons when Wulin came out of Beta, but we never generated enough interest to activly do anything, we started to recruit out of the server from people I and BigBo knew from Wushu, but after 2 months of waiting for the next inner Patch and even less goon attendence we returned to Wushu wich just had patched to Mount Hua and it was just too good compared so Wulin goons were dissolved.

If they are still around Shu and Obscuritas are Goon friendly and have harboured goons before.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Natalie_Luna posted:

If they are still around Shu and Obscuritas are Goon friendly and have harboured goons before.

Thanks! i'm sticking to wulin for now as i'm enjoying actually taking part in events right now.

Any iron head users here? which skills do you recommend leveling?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Anyone think that the Jade Edition would go on sale during Steam's summer sale thingy?

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

SweetBro posted:

Anyone think that the Jade Edition would go on sale during Steam's summer sale thingy?

gently caress no.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Delerion posted:

Thanks! i'm sticking to wulin for now as i'm enjoying actually taking part in events right now.

Level everything in iron head, jianghu info drops in factions and you can use that to get advanced books from the doctors. Oddly enough the parry should be the lowest priority since leveling it doesn't reduce the cooldown, but instead the total damage it can block for five seconds. At level six an iron head parry can completely block the monkey king's spin move, but then again so can tier 5 jade bracers.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

1. Invite friends from your friends list by right clicking their name on the list and selecting "random encounter"

2. Choose greatly strengthen power and get some buffs from the old man (it takes unbound liang)

3. Click off the parry debuff whenever you see someone stop attacking, just click on them a couple of times.

4. When he's in the middle of the damage field doing the burst aoe's, you can air dash through them to completely mitigate the damage.

5. Hopefully you don't get the damage reflect or heal on hit debuff boss.

Yay ! I can contibute on this subject !

I recently decided to « probe » the reward mechanism of the possession encounter. Armed with a stable of 1st inner alt I observed the following:
- Your first Possession encounter for the day is pretty easy to trigger either with silver coin martial practice or some simple (ore, wood) gathering. Your second possession encounter warrant a ludicrous (3+hour) amount of life skill to trigger and won’t happen as long as you have some form of possession buff affecting you.

- Possession opponents scale with the highest inner you have cultivated (your power title). The demon difficulty scales with the “owner” of the possession encounter (the player who trigger it) while your clone scale with your own inner. You clone and the Demon HP scale much, much faster than yours.

- The possessions encounter clones do not appear (so far) to use faction inners or faction skills sets. I’m at lv 35 Shen family inner with a lot of points in needles. I unlocked but never leveled Ice chi and the vagrant kick set. My clone use Demon Hand with the self-recollection inner, making her a total (and suicidal) pushover.

- Many have probably already guessed it but the “pick one reward among four” is illusion of choice. Whatever card you pick you will get the treasure 80% of the time, after 10 encounters where I could see every reward for all 3 players (not a very big dataset, I know), it’s clear that what you get from the card is a simple RNG roll. I fear paying to reveal will pretty much be mandatory if you plan to farm possessions for the 4th acupoint items, at least if you want to do so in any efficient manner.

Best way I can see to farm this is to have 3 levels 10-15 1st inner vagrant alt as friend. Have them trigger your 3 daily possession encounter and simply brute force them with your main. Once your clone is dead you can wipe the floor with the demon and the other clone. Inviting similar level friends from schools with a lot of control in the AI preferred sets (Beg, WV, Shao) is a recipe for disaster, as clones sometime "cheat" like the Hero encounters, opening the fight with a rage move or being able to land combo that need the target to be airborne no real player (at around 80ms ping) could land 100% of the time.

Next on my list of thing to do is checking if the “revealed” rewards are similar or close to the “shown” reward they tease you with if you don’t pay. I would not be surprised for snail to be “creative” by showing better loot you can’t get anyway in order to entice you to pay for the privilege to pick the best out of 4 poo poo sandwiches.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Iowa posted:

Dang. Got it in the forum event recently.

Trust Snail to give you something that is nothing but a cash sink in disguise. Any of your school, faction or 99gold set will reach level 6+ much faster, leaving your drunken master to molder on your skill bar, unused like so many other sets sadly locked at lv4.

If i remember correctly you also need two types of items to level it past a certain level, the previously mentioned scraps you get form beggars bags and another item named "pear wine" you can get form various RE rewards.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

aleksendr posted:

Trust Snail to give you something that is nothing but a cash sink in disguise. Any of your school, faction or 99gold set will reach level 6+ much faster, leaving your drunken master to molder on your skill bar, unused like so many other sets sadly locked at lv4.

If i remember correctly you also need two types of items to level it past a certain level, the previously mentioned scraps you get form beggars bags and another item named "pear wine" you can get form various RE rewards.

I didn't mention the wines because they are insanely common. Yue Mingke gives piles of 15-20 of them, and it takes 1 wine per skill.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
5th inner, faction, Jianghu inner stats and effects updated on that IXTHUA thread, looks like Jianghu inners are the way to go for the path of the ultimate poopsocker.

Can't wait for Snail to put boxes back in the cash shop.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Do we have any craftsmen who still play? I know Febreeze is a tailor/poisonmaker, and LongDong is a chef/blacksmith. I'm an herbalist and I've considered picking up craftsmen too if we don't have anyone else who can enchant accessories, but I'd just as soon not pay the 200 liang if we have others.

aleksendr posted:

Yeah, the night I asked that I wound up seeing a couple people advertising for buying fragments in world chat. The cost of that poo poo is way out of my league. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun and I'm getting use out of it fighting lower level people and friends using unleveled sets.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 11, 2014

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
"He cheated on his girlfriend so she snuck into his house and smothered him with a pillow. Also, she ate his corpse." You're the best, Chinagame quest writers.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Can you have more than one Random Encounter per day? Assuming possessions don't count as RE.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

SweetBro posted:

Can you have more than one Random Encounter per day? Assuming possessions don't count as RE.

Yep. I've had two at the same time.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

RE's themselves are the ones that have timers on them. The game checks down a list of requisites for the RE to occur then picks a person giving more weight to VIP players.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, usually at around 1900-2000 server time the game decides to start taking a dump and poo poo out all the REs it needs to meet the days quota so try to be there around that time. Like I've decided to do TPs during that time for 3 days and we'd have to suspend them consistently because everyone keeps getting REs. You see a massive amount of server message spam of people getting tables, looms and blocks during this time.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've had a non vip alt get a Mt. Hua invite from the Mad Taoist about ten minutes after I had made the character.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What was our last theory, three types of REs?

VIP only
NON VIP and VIP
Those fancy give gifts enough quests

That taoist one is one of those non vip REs that anyone can get. Same with the useless tongues you cut out of peoples mouths.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

Those fancy give gifts enough quests

I have literally never gotten one of these. I would gift alleged quest givers the favored gift to region for like a week, every day maxing affinity change. Befriend them. Then at some point their disposition just randomly resets and no quests are given.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

SweetBro posted:

I have literally never gotten one of these. I would gift alleged quest givers the favored gift to region for like a week, every day maxing affinity change. Befriend them. Then at some point their disposition just randomly resets and no quests are given.

It reset because you were given the quest.

Or, more likely, the game bugged and didn't give it to you. But it thought it did and reset you anyway.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

5th inner, faction, Jianghu inner stats and effects updated on that IXTHUA thread, looks like Jianghu inners are the way to go for the path of the ultimate poopsocker.

Can't wait for Snail to put boxes back in the cash shop.

Beggar brawn is still the single highest stat in the game, and their crit buff proc now disables flight. Neat.

More stuff from the Chinese servers:

Instead of a fifth set, they're adding one new faction for each school. Join the faction, graduate from it, and it gives you some kind of modified version of your fourth set. WV is sword, RG is chain, that's all I know~

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

China game has just been loving collapsing for me this last few days and the periods where it's unplayable or crashing is just increasing, if uninstalling and re-installing doesn't fix it, I just don't know what else to do with it. :(

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Delerion posted:

The only goons I know playing Wulin are all in ShadowOrder at the moment, shoot me (Boots) a tell and I can probably get you in if you want.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Second kidnapping time is said to be in after today's update, as well as higher chances for teals to drop from kungfu cards.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

China game has just been loving collapsing for me this last few days and the periods where it's unplayable or crashing is just increasing, if uninstalling and re-installing doesn't fix it, I just don't know what else to do with it. :(

Is it possible that the temperature where you live has been increasing, making a minor hardware problem more apparent? Or something similar?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

madmario posted:

Is it possible that the temperature where you live has been increasing, making a minor hardware problem more apparent? Or something similar?

I just cleaned out my laptop, got a new cooling pad and it's been 70 degrees outside and it was running fine in 90 degree weather last summer. Also when I uninstalled it had a pop up survey asking me why I was uninstalling, I put down my reasons and got, "Invalid response token." followed by the survey resetting.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Also when I uninstalled it had a pop up survey asking me why I was uninstalling, I put down my reasons and got, "Invalid response token." followed by the survey resetting.

You do not uninstall Chinagame! Chinagame uninstalls you!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My favorite was the period where all of the GM interaction functions were in some flavor of Chinese.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

What are the requirements to get into Mt. Hooha via battlefield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

madmario posted:

You do not uninstall Chinagame! Chinagame uninstalls you!

CHINAGAME GIMME MY MONEY BACK