Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He can say "fag" without getting bleeped if he is one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

pengun101 posted:

all those posters this clown rear end makes are terrible. but is the intent of the piece supposed to be saying that fag is just as bad as the n word, or is it just beck crying about how i cant be a bigot.

The latter, probably. The whole poster's message seems really confused, other than as an excuse to put two slurs on one piece of paper for public display. Is it supposed to be saying that homophobia is the new racism? Because those two prejudices have been going way back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

I assure you, glen beck is obsessed with blurting out "fag the new friend of the family" and printing it on posters because he's very troubled by racism and homophobia.

"fag the new friend of the family" sounds like a FYAD meme. Like, I can see them showing up in D&D and posting that en masse in threads rated lower than 2 and oh gods what have I done. :ohdear:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I have several gay friends that refer to themselves as fags/faggots (normally in a self-deprecating manner)! Like this entire interview sounds like your typical Limbaugh caller, just unmuzzled.
"I have black friends and I called them the n-word, what is the big deal guys?! :shrug:"

NINJA EDIT: Ahahahahaha, oh poo poo I just got to the Obama = Hitler portion. Lord, this guy is a grade A moron.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
When gay people use it, it tends to be in a way that mocks how stupid the word is. Stealing ownership of a word to deprive it of its horrible potency.

I personally hate the word and will never use it. There's too much pain associated with it for me. I'm glad most goon gaming groups I play with now have banned the word because of the drama and bad vibes it brings up - where previously when we'd try to point out why we don't like that word we would get the usual "WE KNOW YOU'RE GAY SHUT UP ABOUT BEING GAY, GOD" treatment from supposedly self-professed 'tolerant' goons.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 11, 2014

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I wish Glenn Beck's aggrandized view of SA were true, first we're a CIA front now slenderman is going to take over your soul or something.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/we-are-all-faceless-glenn-beck-explains-slender-man-phenomenon

quote:

"We're starving to death," Beck lectured his staff in a very world-weary manner. "Slender Man is filling a hole in people's lives and what's going to happen is people are going to start talking more and more about Slender Man and more and more people will go in and try to fill that hole with Slender Man because it's new and it's exciting and it's different and it's kind of on the edge."

"We are all faceless," Beck said. "We're all worried that we're being sucked into these woods, that we have no idea what's in there"

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, Glenn Beck is good at spotting holes in young people - holes which he means to fill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRXjBuc7pU4

In this video, see: Morning zoo hack grimace in crocodile tears empathy (that look more like he's pinching off a fart) while he pretends scary stories never existed before somethingawful went and invented them - which apparently made big holes in the soul of America or some other disposable fake moralistic nonsense.

For those pointing out that it's just a loving story and is entertainment; Ah yes, but you see um 'permissive society' and harumph and moral-spiritual decay and other such blather...

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 11, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MaxxBot posted:

I wish Glenn Beck's aggrandized view of SA were true, first we're a CIA front now slenderman is going to take over your soul or something.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/we-are-all-faceless-glenn-beck-explains-slender-man-phenomenon

See, this just seems kinda openly nuts.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MaxxBot posted:

I think he's confusing Slenderman with :geno:. He really needs to get his SA memes straight. :v:

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
The overly dramatic way these little discussions are filmed, and the intense reaction shots of all the people being lectured to, is just too much. I can't believe anyone actually watches/listens to this stuff.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I can't tell if he's purposefully ignoring his previous attack on SA (over EVE online/BENGHAZI) or he just hasn't seen any Slenderman stories that mention us, but I feel like that's a prime "I told you about these guys before they got people killed via a cartoon!" oppo.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Frank Luntz, for whom Eric Cantor was a client, looking sad this morning.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Lowtax is reportedly going to be on Erin Burnett's CNN show today.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Gozinbulx posted:

The overly dramatic way these little discussions are filmed, and the intense reaction shots of all the people being lectured to, is just too much. I can't believe anyone actually watches/listens to this stuff.

It's basically like a cult. What you're seeing is just an HD camera version of those weird-rear end local access vids of bizarre cults with strange collections of people saying insane things, staged in a eerie-but-cheesy mind-controlly way.

Although to me personally, the uncomfortably close camerawork reminds me of this Frank Zappa classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxWXeK4KJA

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 11, 2014

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Spacedad posted:

Yes, Glenn Beck is good at spotting holes in young people - holes which he means to fill!

In this video, see: Morning zoo hack grimace in crocodile tears empathy (that look more like he's pinching off a fart) while he pretends scary stories never existed before somethingawful went and invented them - which apparently made big holes in the soul of America or some other disposable fake moralistic nonsense.

For those pointing out that it's just a loving story and is entertainment; Ah yes, but you see um 'permissive society' and harumph and moral-spiritual decay and other such blather...

I love that Becks look is him trying to ape the looks of what people think intellectuals are supposed to look like. He is very clearly trying to be the right wing intellectual/radical.

I love the lack of music in the clip, and the looks of the people silently agreeing with everything he says as if he is some wise sage delivering his wisdom from the skies above. It is so orchestrated, and so deliberate it blows me away that there are people who buy this act.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm really glad that glen beck can afford all of those expensive cameras, all the better to see the magnificence of his tan.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I can't tell if he's purposefully ignoring his previous attack on SA (over EVE online/BENGHAZI) or he just hasn't seen any Slenderman stories that mention us, but I feel like that's a prime "I told you about these guys before they got people killed via a cartoon!" oppo.

You seriously think he remembers the Something Awful forums?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tarezax posted:

Lowtax is reportedly going to be on Erin Burnett's CNN show today.

Did his thing with Fox never air?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

I love that Becks look is him trying to ape the looks of what people think intellectuals are supposed to look like. He is very clearly trying to be the right wing intellectual/radical.

See also:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Day 3 of having a marijuana job. The place is full of libertarians and Alex Jones-types. Not that I'm surprised but holding in my distaste can be hard sometimes.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

AsInHowe posted:

Frank Luntz, for whom Eric Cantor was a client, looking sad this morning.

Patton Oswalt looks funny in a suit.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I guess Frank Luntz has gotten over his depression, oh wait.

:laffo:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He's have to cry some more tears in his mansion. :qq:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ReidRansom posted:

I'm reading/hearing that as a verb. Like "hey guys, let's fag the new friend of the family". Probably not meant like that, but that's how I keep parsing it for whatever reason.

I was skimming it and read "fag the news friend of the family" like he was introducing a side character

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Patton Oswalt looks funny in a suit.

goddamnit.

I now want Patton Oswalt to do a bit with him playing the role of a conservative pollster.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Whiteycar posted:

I was skimming it and read "fag the news friend of the family" like he was introducing a side character

How dare you make racist jokes.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Star Man posted:

Day 3 of having a marijuana job. The place is full of libertarians and Alex Jones-types. Not that I'm surprised but holding in my distaste can be hard sometimes.

Do you work at a dispensary? Please post a thread in A/T.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Beamed posted:

You seriously think he remembers the Something Awful forums?

Back in his chalkboard days he was pretty good at recalling old poo poo he talked about, finding connections to new poo poo, and declaring it a grand conspiracy. It's not so much his style anymore but yeah I suspect him and his research crew would've noticed a website he's damned as a CIA front group before being the originator of his new spiritual boogeyman who's taking peoples souls. There's no way to tell but they've connected and recalled plenty of poo poo with more tenuous links to each other.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Back in his chalkboard days he was pretty good at recalling old poo poo he talked about, finding connections to new poo poo, and declaring it a grand conspiracy. It's not so much his style anymore but yeah I suspect him and his research crew would've noticed a website he's damned as a CIA front group before being the originator of his new spiritual boogeyman who's taking peoples souls. There's no way to tell but they've connected and recalled plenty of poo poo with more tenuous links to each other.

If it fit a narrative he would use it but there's no story he can fit the connection into. I mean maybe he'll poo poo out some connection but the innernets-corrupting-children narrative is separate from BEHGHAZNI and hits different buttons.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If it fit a narrative he would use it but there's no story he can fit the connection into. I mean maybe he'll poo poo out some connection but the innernets-corrupting-children narrative is separate from BEHGHAZNI and hits different buttons.

VileRat IS the Slenderman!
:beck:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

true, but now he is playing the fatherly psudo-intellectual/prophet. so my guess is if he does bring SA up he will just cry about how sinful it is.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

Did his thing with Fox never air?

Nope

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Spacedad posted:

Is Sgt. Tahmooressi that ex-soldier who was running guns in Mexico? Why on earth do they have a captivity counter in the corner when they JUST got embarrassed by their support for Bergdahl turning sour?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Summary of this fascinating interview: Ex neo-nazi is asked by CNN for an interview about the vegas shooters, and during that interview, they tell him SPECIFICALLY TO NOT MENTION THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE WHITE SUPREMACIST SHOOTERS AND THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT/GOP/FOXNEWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQFfCNuhms

He also does quite a bit of white supremacist code-cracking in this short vid for us - such as the fact that among these groups, paranoia about 'federal government' is really just deliberately coded racist paranoia about Jews.

It's so nice to know that CNN has the back of white supremacist collaborators in image control.

Also, "I like to watch Fox News every day because I like to drive myself crazy." ~Ex-neo-nazi. :laugh:

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 11, 2014

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Hazo posted:

Is Sgt. Tahmooressi that ex-soldier who was running guns in Mexico? Why on earth do they have a captivity counter in the corner when they JUST got embarrassed by their support for Bergdahl turning sour?

Because if you're an American--AND a veteran--you should be able to enter any country you choose with an arsenal and expect the full protection of the President of the United States of America.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Like you couldn't just interview someone like a real journalist and edit it later to fit in with your current attempt to outfox the fox. loving disgusting.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
Bill Whittle, noted smug rear end in a top hat, is back with another insightful commentary, this time about BENGHAZI!!!!!!

Bill Whittle posted:

Hi everybody. I’m Bill Whittle and this is the Firewall.

Before we get into what Benghazi is, let’s address what it isn’t. It isn’t irrelevant, isn’t trivial, and it isn’t a “witch hunt” as many prominent Democrats and their supporters desperately want you to believe.

For example, this graphic has been going viral: It shows the date and location of ten embassy or consular attacks during the Bush presidency, with a total of 60 people dead and the number of outraged Republicans set at zero; therefore these attacks happen frequently, therefore Benghazi is a hypocritical, witch hunt staged simply to get Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton.

Unfortunately for the millions of people who have seen this graphic and passed it on, one of them – at least one – knows how to read, think and research.

Kyle Becker, at the Independent Journal Review, took a look at each of these ten attacks. In eight of them, the total number of Americans killed was – zero. It is not the responsibility of the US State Department and the President of the United States to protect the lives of foreign nationals, no matter how tragic or common these attacks may be. Their job is to protect American citizens and especially Consular personnel living abroad.

In 2003, a truck bomb killed 36 people, including nine American defense contractors. President Bush immediately called it a terrorist attack, the Saudis investigated and killed two of the attackers in the raids that followed.

On March 2, 2006, in Karachi, Pakistan, a suicide bomber killed 4, including an American diplomat named David Foy. It was instantly denounced as a terror attack; there were no advance calls for additional security; Mr. Foy was killed instantly with no possibility of rescue; and there was no cover-up or attempt to spin it other than what it was.

Every day in America there are over 6,000 burglaries. But one break-in may be more important than the others, because one of those burglaries – Watergate -- may go directly to the lawfulness, integrity and candor of the President of the United States of America.

Benghazi matters, because it goes directly to the two most important qualities in our elected officials: Competence, and Character.

Let’s go to competence first:

In late March, 2012, former US Ambassador to Libya, Gene Cretz, calls for additional security assets from Secretary of State Clinton. These were ignored.

On April 4th, terrorists threw an IED over the consulate wall; on June 6th, terrorist blow a large hole in the consulate gate.

On June 15 Charlene Lamb, the Deputy Assistant Secretary responsible for embassy security, tells the staff in Libya that the existing security team contract would not be renewed.

On the 9th of July, Newly appointed Ambassador Christopher Stevens requests an additional 13 security personnel, citing the increasingly dangerous situation on the ground. On August 2nd he sends an urgent cable to Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, requesting a ‘protective detail bodyguard;’ three days later the State Department orders the removal of Ambassador Stevens existing SST – his security team – and by the 8th of August his SST has left Libya.

On August 16th, the Regional Security Officer sends an email to Secretary of State Clinton, warning of a dire security situation in Libya.

On September 10th, top Al Qaeda leader Ayman Al Zawahiri calls for Libyans to avenge the death of his secretary, and on the next day, September 11th, 2012, Ambassador Stevens sends a final warning about lax security.

Later that day, he would be captured, tortured, raped and killed, his body then dragged through the streets. His last, unsigned journal entry was another complaint about his security situation.

Now, once the attack started, we switch focus from the competence of the Secretary of State to that of the Commander in Chief. All teams are local times in Washington DC, September 11th, 2012:

3:59 pm: The Defense Department orders an unmanned surveillance drone vectored to the consulate in response to first word of the attack.

4:05 pm: A State Department email officially notifies the Pentagon and the White House of the attack.

By 5:00 pm Eastern time, President Obama, Vice President Biden and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta are in the White House, and ten minutes later, the surveillance drone arrives overhead, providing real-time imagery of the events in Benghazi.

At 5:40 pm the request for FEST – the Foreign Emergency Support Team, a counter-terrorist unit specifically trained to rapidly respond to exactly these kinds of situations -- was officially refused by the State Department. CBS reporter Sheryl Attkisson, who left CBS when they would not cover the story, reported on May 17th of 2014 that a FEST counter-terrorism response was ruled out by the White House from the start, to the “puzzlement” – if not the outright despair – of State and Defense Department officials.

At 6:06 pm a State Department email said that the terrorist group Ansar al-Sharia claimed credit for the attack – within three hours of the first shots being fired.

By 8:00pm Eastern, Deputy Chief of the Libya Mission, Gregory Hicks, phones Hilary Clinton and tells her unequivocally that the Consulate in Benghazi was hit by a terrorist attack.

Two hours later, at around 10 pm. Clinton and Obama discuss the situation by phone, at about the same time as former SEALS Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods were killed on the roof of the annex by enemy fire, six hours after the first shots were fired. They had been fighting, alone, under the eyes of the surveillance drone, for two and a half hours.

At 10:30 that evening, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton publically blames “inflammatory material on the internet” for the attacks.

Three days later, on September 15th, CNN’s Arwa Damon finds Ambassador Stevens diary, quote, "on the floor of the largely unsecured consulate compound where [Stevens] was fatally wounded." It, like the rest of the sensitive, classified documents, had not yet been secured three full days after the attack.

Alright. So much for competence. Now to character.

On September 12th, the State Department’s Elizabeth Jones prepared a summary of talks with the Libyan ambassador which concluded that Benghazi had been a terrorist attack.

On September 13th, White House spokesman Jay Carney blamed the attack on an obscure internet video, posted months before, on YouTube.

On the 14th, the first draft of an internal State Department memo blamed terrorists. 24 hours and twelve drafts later, it would be changed to place the blame of the attack on the internet video. Also on the 14th, standing with Hilary Clinton and the returning coffins, President Obama again blamed the internet video, while Secretary Clinton told Charles Woods, father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, quote, “We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.”

On the 15th, President Obama once again blamed the video for the violence.

On the 16th, then UN Ambassador Susan Rice blamed the attack on the video, backed up the next day by a State Department official.

On the 18th, Carney again blamed the video for the violence. On the 19th he repeated the claim that there was no evidence the attack had been pre-planned. On the 20th, both Carney and President Obama blamed the video, and the White House on that same day spends $70,000 airing apology ads for the video.

Finally, on September 21st – a full ten days after the attack – Secretary of State Clinton finally publically admits what she had been told three hours after the shooting started: it was a terrorist attack. But that didn’t stop the President from announcing to the UN, three days later on the 25th, that the internet video was to blame, adding, 'The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander the Prophet of Islam.”

On September 27th – the man who made the video that both President Obama and Secretary Clinton blamed for the attack, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, was placed under arrest for parole violations, and served almost a year in prison.

The President of the United States, as Commander in Chief of our armed forces and the man ultimately responsible for the safety of Americans at home and abroad, is given a daily intelligence briefing. It is short and to the point, outlining the major developing threats of the day.

On September 6th, 2012, -- five days before the attack -- President Obama missed that briefing, but he did give a speech to the Democratic National Convention calling Mitt Romney inexperienced in foreign affairs. On September 7th, he did not attending the briefing, as he was campaigning. On the 8th, the President elected not to attend his daily intelligence briefing. On September 9th, President Obama decided not to attend his daily intelligence briefing. Nor did he attend it on the 10th. On September 11th, 2012, the eleventh anniversary of the attacks on New York, Washington and Pennsylvania, the President declined to attend his daily intelligence briefing. For six consecutive days prior to the Benghazi attacks, the President of the United States placed his campaign schedule ahead of his duty as Commander in Chief to remain informed of the critical intelligence issues of the day.

On August 9th, 1974, Richard Nixon resigned as President of the United States to avoid impeachment, for his role in the cover-up of a petty burglary at the Watergate complex in which no one was killed or wounded. He was threatened with impeachment because he lied to the American people.

President Obama lied to the American people, and the World, for ten days after an event that cost four American lives, including that of the sitting Ambassador who repeatedly called for help, and those of the two men who ran toward, not away from, the sound of gunfire to protect their country and their people.

This President lied to the American people, and so did his presumptive heir, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, who also lied to Congress. This matters. Benghazi matters. It shines a direct light and unflattering light on the competence and character of the President and the Secretary of State, and we, the American people have not only a right but an obligation to hold them accountable for their actions.

I admire his bold admission that he doesn't give a poo poo about the lives of anyone who isn't an American, but as for the rest, does anyone who's more plugged into the details of the Benghazi incident have a succinct refutation?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

What's his problem? I see a huge timeline but I guess I'm skimming too much to figure out what exactly he has a problem with.

If he's mad it took Obama so long to say it was a terrorist attack, does that really merit an impeachment? gently caress no.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

JohnClark posted:

Bill Whittle, noted smug rear end in a top hat, is back with another insightful commentary, this time about BENGHAZI!!!!!!

I admire his bold admission that he doesn't give a poo poo about the lives of anyone who isn't an American, but as for the rest, does anyone who's more plugged into the details of the Benghazi incident have a succinct refutation?

Hiding the ball. He says that Bush's dozen blown up embassies don't count because sometimes white people didn't die, and sometimes it all happened so fast, officer!
But Obama's blown up embassy counts because....exhaustive timeline of poo poo that don't matter.

Further, the timeline is incomplete, should have read January 20, 2009 or perhaps August 4, 1961 Allegedly.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

sleepingbuddha posted:

Do you work at a dispensary? Please post a thread in A/T.

I can't. All I can really say about what I do is that I trim plants.