Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Anyone got a good guide to crafting/cooking?

The loving thing lies to you about where it will land :argh:

also, I've asked on irc for guild invite to the EU pvp guild but never got an invite :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
What level can you start questing in Farside? I don't want to miss a second of it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
You know what would be nice? If I could neighbor organizations and guilds instead of just individual members.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oddity posted:

What level can you start questing in Farside? I don't want to miss a second of it.

Low or mid 30's, I think. I don't remember exactly but my buddy who's 34 or 35 just recently did / started it. You should get a quest sending you there. This game is overall pretty good about sending you to different quest hubs, despite me personally often hitting 1 level per bracket (ie once in 20-29, once in 30-39) hitting a small rut where I had to do PVP for 30% of a level or something.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Rotation starting into a mob/pack should be Charged Shot -> Rapid Fire -> Wild Barrage, at this point quick draw should finish it off.

At level 15 you'll work flame burst into the rotation (it's a on crit ability).

Rapid fire is by far your highest damage ability atm.

Also what I do is Charged Shot -> Surge on -> Rapid Fire or Rapid Fire+Wild Barrage -> Surge off -> quick draw. Rapid Fire and wild barrage use very little surge and I only surge quick draw on emergencies, I rarely run out of surge and I`m killing stuff quite easily.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oddity posted:

Pretty sure you get the quest to go there at 30?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BaconPigbutt posted:

Also what I do is Charged Shot -> Surge on -> Rapid Fire or Rapid Fire+Wild Barrage -> Surge off -> quick draw. Rapid Fire and wild barrage use very little surge and I only surge quick draw on emergencies, I rarely run out of surge and I`m killing stuff quite easily.

I don't unsurge Charged Shot, and I have the on crit restore SP amp, I can generally go through two full rotations and as long as I don't touch assassinate I'm fine.

Right now my rotation is:

Changed > rapid > flame burst > wild barrage > Surge off > 2-3x assassinate.

If it's not dead by then I shouldn't be shooting it (Most pack mobs are dead at "Flame Burst", regular mobs are dead by wild barrage. Slightly tougher stuff I may have to burn one assassinate.

Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I just fire off 3 surged assassinates though.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Oddity posted:

Go there at 25 and don't look back, because gently caress Whitevale.

...You can probably handle it at 25, anyway. If not, maybe a couple of more levels.

Fighting orange to purple stuff is the way to do it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Bad threat generation.

I have not actually seen this be a thing for any tank class, even during dps spikes. At least.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fellas, say hello to Aunt Gemima (on evindra, no less; think of the rp.)

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 11, 2014

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

quote:

Vetaran Stormtalon Lair:
Bronze: ??
Silver: 100% Optional Objective Completion, Complete in under 30 minutes
Gold: Silver + No Deaths + All Challenges Complete
Challenges: Kill all 20 Pell before the 2nd boss in under ?15? minutes
Have every telegraph dropped on an add on first boss
No one hit by tornados on 2nd boss
All adds on 2nd boss die within ?15 seconds
No one hit by lightning strike on last boss

Veteran Skullcano:
Silver: 100% Optional Objective Complete, Complete in under 45 minutes
Gold: Silver + No Deaths + All Challenges
Challenges: Never let the First Boss eat a piece of meat
No one gets hit by a single shockwave avoidable by jumping on 2nd boss
Stack 10 grenade debuffs on 3rd boss (possibly insanely hard)
Last Boss: No idea

Veteran Kel'Vorath
Silver: 100% Optionals, Complete in under 40 minutes
Gold: Silver+ No deaths + All Challenges
Challenges: Have no one hit by the bone traps on 1st boss
Have no one eat beams on trash
Have no one hit with small telegraphs on 2nd boss
Interrupt every Volcanic Strike on last boss (requires 5 Interrupts every 10 seconds)

Veteran Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden
Silver: 100% Optionals, Complete in under 75 minutes
Gold: Silver+No Deaths+All Challenges
Challenges: Have less than 25 of the wind chime buffs across your party on 1st boss
Fire boss: Nfc
Life boss: nfc
Strain boss: nfc
Last boss: Kill one shadow PER blind (you will not realize the difficulty of this until you see this boss fight)

Veteran WoTW
Bronze:??
Silver: ??? Maybe a certain KDR
Gold: All objectives and a higher KDR (at least 5 last hits on champs with no deaths)

Veteran Malgrave Trail
Bronze:??
Silver: ?? 20-30 caravan members??
Gold: 30 caravan members alive at the end of the most boring hour of your life

Veteran Tempest Refuge
Bronze: ???
Silver: Certain % on generator, unsure if 0->100 or maybe something like 70->100%
Gold: 100% Generator Health

Veteran Crimelords
Silver: ??
Gold: Max norotoriety + ???(objectives??++more?)
This instance seems insanely buggy, I've done it like 5 times with max notoriety and all objectives (some possibly bugged) and only gotten silver. Instance also has numerous run-ending bugs based on selections.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
As a note with those timings, Silver means you have to have no deaths because a death is a wipe (due to lost dps) and you won't have time to wipe.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

God drat, some of those objectives are crazy. do veteran instances not have all the normal click dozens of clickies objectives?

Bauxite posted:

Fellas, say hello to Aunt Gemima (on evindra, no less; think of the rp.)

Female Grannock are so much better than male Grannock from a customization standpoint it's ridiculous. FFXIV had a similar deal where the females of the giant race were pretty cool while the males were all just colored blobs with a pea sized head on top. I guess some people just need to have a race where one piece of their shoulder armor is bigger than a Chua.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 11, 2014

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

God drat, some of those objectives are crazy. do veteran instances not have all the normal click dozens of clickies objetives?

They do; that's the optional stuff that's required for silver.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PaganGoatPants posted:

Here's a new problem. Now gold spammers are sending mail with 1 copper in them so you can't just outright delete the mail.
Another reason you should get MailHelper or another mail addon, just slap the button and let it gobble up all your items/coppers. Great for commodity exchange orders too.

Jedit posted:

Have they also fixed the bug that makes all graphics disappear when you open your reputation pane?
No, but they have actually finally been able to reproduce the bug, which I thought they'd never manage. I don't think Buiden thought they would ever figure it out either.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40221-teleport-black-screen-when-clicking-reputation-tab/page-2#entry704523

Now if only they could find my lovely MarketplaceListings bug that apparently also happens in a limited number of configurations.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

The veteran adventures are pretty grueling. They've got interesting designs, but the extremely strict requirements for gold (ie the only worthwhile rewards) combined with frequent bugs make them a total slog. Those requirements for dungeon golds are just hilarious.

at least I can relax in the comfort of my owl shrine :owl:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

_jink posted:

Great hoogly-moogly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

_jink posted:

Is it just the picture or canyou raise the height of your entry platform?

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Hello, me and some friends are playing this game on Dominion Warbringer (yes, I know this is the where the main goon guild is, we started here before I knew the goon guild re-rolled here) and have a guild that we want to get some people into to start being friends and ganking exiles. Eventually we want to raid and maybe do some warplots, arena teams, etc. Anyways, if you can't get into the main goon guild because it's full or just want a smaller atmosphere to hang out in I'd love to hear from you, whisper Bobatron or Havebot and I will invite you to <World Fiftieth>.

ZionestLord fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 11, 2014

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Evil_Greven posted:

Go there at 25 and don't look back, because gently caress Whitevale.

...You can probably handle it at 25, anyway. If not, maybe a couple of more levels.

Fighting orange to purple stuff is the way to do it.

Hey thanks for sharing this. Been awfully bored of whitevale so this is a fresh new step.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
I just got a guest pass - which paths would you all reccommend to try first? (If it matters ill be making a human spellslinger and a mechari something, probably engineer)

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is it just the picture or canyou raise the height of your entry platform?

Just the angle of the picture (though I use CustomFoV which might make it look different then you're used to?)

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

a cat youtube posted:

I just got a guest pass - which paths would you all reccommend to try first? (If it matters ill be making a human spellslinger and a mechari something, probably engineer)

To me, outside the actual gameplay experience of the path and wether you enjoy it, the most important factor is the path abilities, and the two strongest are scientist and settler.

Scientist gets a free group portal to the capital every hour, every other player can teleport on a 24 hour cooldown. This leaves you free to bind your recall to other places as you can easily get to your capital basically whenever you want. Scientist also gets a free zone wide group summon.

Settler can summon a vendor, a mailbox, and a crafting station, all very useful stuff.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ZionestLord posted:

Hello, me and some friends are playing this game on Dominion Warbringer (yes, I know this is the where the main goon guild is, we started here before the EXODUS)

I find this a bit hard to believe since Carbine literally opened the server for us and we all logged in immediately when it went up. Also, the main goon guild still has room - we have a second guild now and communicate via a channel.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

panda clue posted:

I find this a bit hard to believe since Carbine literally opened the server for us and we all logged in immediately when it went up. Also, the main goon guild still has room - we have a second guild now and communicate via a channel.

Okay well, I went to sleep after I couldn't get into pergo then made a guy on the newest pvp server I saw. Didn't know that. Guild's for people who don't want to be in a huge zerg guild though, it's not try ing to be the goon guild I just wouldn't mind recruiting some people and SA is as good of any a place to find mmo players that are fun to be around.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ZionestLord posted:

Okay well, I went to sleep after I couldn't get into pergo then made a guy on the newest pvp server I saw. Didn't know that. Guild's for people who don't want to be in a huge zerg guild though, it's not try ing to be the goon guild I just wouldn't mind recruiting some people and SA is as good of any a place to find mmo players that are fun to be around.

Fair enough! And yeah, it was the first one that went up - it was pretty weird. A Carbine rep popped in the IRC channel and said they would open it if we agreed to all roll on it. We did, and it was up 5 minutes later.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

panda clue posted:

Fair enough! And yeah, it was the first one that went up - it was pretty weird. A Carbine rep popped in the IRC channel and said they would open it if we agreed to all roll on it. We did, and it was up 5 minutes later.

They were just segregating us from all the real guilds.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Virigoth posted:

They were just segregating us from all the real guilds.

It's the equivalent of showing up to a sushi restaurant with a 30-rack of PBR and six bottles of sake, and being sent off to a private table in the windowless back room so you don't ruin the ambiance for everyone else.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

loquacius posted:

It's the equivalent of showing up to a sushi restaurant with a 30-rack of PBR and six bottles of sake, and being sent off to a private table in the windowless back room so you don't ruin the ambiance for everyone else.

Except the people waiting for sushi are left waiting for 8 hours and start a riot while you and your friends get your goodies instantly and just laugh :getin:

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

loquacius posted:

Pretty much this. *BELCH*

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

loquacius posted:

Except the sign above the door says "HERE THE SUSHI AT" and it's full of plebs. Anyone who thinks John Q. Publord wouldn't pick WARBRINGER over a name like Pergo is deluding themselves.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

And exile out number us.

ZionestLord posted:

Goons are inherently bad at pve if you're trying to be a super serious try hard guild you would have better chances looking elsewhere.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I keep getting invisible windows on my UI. It's super annoying because if I try to click in to steer it won't work because it's over the window. It used to happen over my character and now it's slightly left of my character. Either resetting the UI or the windows would get rid of it and since it's move it's no longer working.

Does anyone know how I can find out what is there?

Edit: Immediately figured out it's my loot window.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 11, 2014

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bashez posted:

I keep getting invisible windows on my UI. It's super annoying because if I try to click in to steer it won't work because it's over the window. It used to happen over my character and now it's slightly left of my character. Either resetting the UI or the windows would get rid of it and since it's move it's no longer working.

Does anyone know how I can find out what is there?

It is the Carbine LootNotification addon bugging (or at least that's what it used to be when people were having this problem.) Install IconLoot to replace it and you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

Holyshoot posted:

And exile out number us.

Goons are inherently bad at pve if you're trying to be a super serious try hard guild you would have better chances looking elsewhere.
Tryhard is the dorkiest insult ever

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Carbine posted:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that in the next patch there will be two fixes checked in. One should greatly reduce (if not completely eliminate) the problem of disappearing nameplates due to bad occlusion checking.

The other bug will disallow drawing a Hint Arrow to enemy PLAYERS that are flagged as PVP. It will also make it so that the function that returns the location of those units will only return the last known position.

In other news, I still haven't bothered to get my Carbine forum account flagged as Dev. WEBSITES, HOW DO THEY WORK?

-- Bitwise

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Heh, heheh, looks like I even lost my epic helmet to the bank bug (deletes items you move between bank<->inventory) they seem to have fixed today. With previous losses (same bug destroying almost all of my runes, riding upgrade), that puts me between five and ten platinum in losses, maybe support will start answering my tickets soon :smithicide:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

e; nvm

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ZionestLord posted:

Hello, me and some friends are playing this game on Dominion Warbringer
I would be mercilessly making GBS threads on you right now if not for the fact that Goon Squad is full and none of the alts really give a poo poo about PGI at the moment. Last I checked PGI didn't even have enough influence for a guild bank tab. But um, you're still welcome to hang out on "/chjoin lljk". If there's a user limit on that chat channel we still haven't found it yet. Hell, use the mumble, poach some people for dungeon runs or volunteer to join in. And you're welcome to roll into our population when everyone leaves dead game in a month lol f2p bound :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasuojus
Jul 27, 2012
How do guild invites work with the EU guild? Can I just ask for one here? Character name is Alasuojus and I have authed on wildstargoons.com. I guess I could join the irc channel but the synirc servers didn't accept any more connections from the host that my irc shell runs on and :effort:

• Locked thread