Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I wanna wish Harris the best on his rehab from U2 addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

I wanna wish Harris the best on his rehab from U2 addiction
I sure hope they address his U2 rehab on that Phish podcast :)

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

TransatlanticFoe posted:

I'm going to miss UTU2TM, those were some Good Epps.

That was a top tier pun. Surprised it came from Harris.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
They need to do another episode where they cover this "Pinkerton By Weezer" U2 album.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

They need to do another episode where they cover this "Pinkerton By Weezer" U2 album.

A podcast where they ask Todd Glass "Weezer or U2" and none of the songs are by either artist

And then the last thing they play is "Hash Pipe" and Todd says "That's definitely him."

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Or Scott just finally does The Todd Glass Show for gently caress's sake.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I'm glad someone put together this super cut.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I really want to listen to the latest episode of UTU2TM but haven't listened to any of the others. Am I missing out on anything by going straight to the end or are there any I really need to listen to?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah you're really missing a lot. This episode is 90% inside jokes from previous episodes, 5% U2 talk, 5% Harris Wittells word play.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This last episode of UTU2TM is absolute MADNESS condensed into a podcast and it's one of my favorite things I've heard in forever.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

Yeah you're really missing a lot. This episode is 90% inside jokes from previous episodes, 5% U2 talk, 5% Harris Wittells word play.

Yeah, I think that ep is really only for the dedicated listeners. Anybody else would have no clue what's going on.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Olewithmilk posted:

I really want to listen to the latest episode of UTU2TM but haven't listened to any of the others. Am I missing out on anything by going straight to the end or are there any I really need to listen to?

You're missing out by not listening to the show, period. It so, so quickly devolved from "U2 discussion" to "An occasionally tired/always loopy Scott and Adam goof off for 2 hours and struggle to stay on topic for more than a few minutes at a time." It's easy to tell when they're getting into "real" U2 discussion if you're eager to scrub through it, but I don't give two shits (U2 shits) about the band and I still found it pretty engaging.

To answer your question, I imagine this week's episode would be neigh-on impenetrable if you aren't familiar with the show or its recurring gags.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I had some weird deja vu when Sean and Hayes asked Cochran if he would consider writing an episode of The Americans. Have they asked another comedy writer that same question on another episode? Or am I insane?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think they asked BJ Novak that?

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Olewithmilk posted:

All of them, sorry.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Jeff big ups to you on this Midroll Media stuff. When is the name change coming?

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

Jeff big ups to you on this Midroll Media stuff. When is the name change coming?

Thanks! Name change? Still Earwolf, still Midroll. It's just that Midroll Media is the parent company to both. Is that what you mean?

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

We've got some pretty big news coming Monday. Excited to share.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whens hollywood bowl analyze phish

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

whens hollywood bowl analyze phish

I don't know. I thought Scott told me he had finished editing but then I didn't hear anything after that. That was a week ago Monday night.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ok thanks for the update.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jeffullrich posted:

Thanks! Name change? Still Earwolf, still Midroll. It's just that Midroll Media is the parent company to both. Is that what you mean?

Ya I was wondering if you were gonna lose the Earwolf name.

jeffullrich posted:

We've got some pretty big news coming Monday. Excited to share.
:cool:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Why would they lose the Earwolf name?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Olewithmilk posted:

I gotta ask, are you poppin' my stones?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I have taken all of your advice and have started listening from the beginning. I'm currently at the end of the Lance Bangs episode and it already seems like they are losing their minds. It is very funny.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Greggy posted:

Why would they lose the Earwolf name?

Sean and Hayes got it in the latest contract renewal.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Power of Pecota posted:

Just blue turtlin here, but I don't think he is. Let's check out the 2's Clues to be sure.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
2's clues has the best theme music.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Folks, you gotta ask!

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I already miss What's Your gently caress Style.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Pulling on their puds.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

I am heavily into Robert Palmer as a result of hearing the 2's Clues theme again and again.

Alikchi posted:

Sad!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

soggybagel posted:

Agreed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Alikchi posted:

Donkey Donkey Horse Horse

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I am a little disappointed that they didn't do an episode of This Is How I Talk When I Talk About Cuisine.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Alikchi posted:

1900's wizard wolf

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Was funny to hear Besser lose an argument and struggle to claw back.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

soggybagel posted:

Especially because the caller kept running him over due to the audio issue. I bet he was pissed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
They need to setup Skype or something, ever since the New and Improved Studio With Stellar Audio the calls coming in have mysteriously been worse

Engineers can't be trusted, thanks Sean and Hayes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Besser being a huge sports fan, it sounded like he was purposely forgetting things to win that argument. Arizona was the most famous state to pass an anti-gay law. Remember a few months back when gay-hater Jan Brewer only vetoed it when the NFL said they were going to take their Super Bowl away?

Also, Arizona is clearly the worst state in the union in my eyes. Besides making it legal for cops to ask any brown person their legal status, it has a law that outright bans the teaching of Mexican-American history (HB 2281). At least Mississippi didn't outlaw African-American studies courses.