Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

therealjon_ posted:

Different people have different opinions, shocking and scary!

I don't mind that, but when someone is so obviously changing/holding an opinion just to be different and they are in their 50-somethings then it's just a bit tragic. Almost as tragic as the people defending/cheer leading for him blindly.

At least horrible racist Anthony Cumia actually believes in his horrible racism.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

spudsbuckley posted:

The other day when he was talking to the Slashfilm guy the have on regularly he said that literally all blockbusters are terrible movies. You know, because once something is financially successful it automatically becomes terrible. He now calls True Detective "the stupid Yellow King show" despite loving it at first because it became popular in the mainstream.

He then went on to say that he liked the Seth Rogan "Green Hornet" movie from a few years back because "when i saw it in the press screening i thought it was poo poo but then i watched it later on DVD and loved it". Basically he hated it initially because he thought it was going to be popular but then it bombed so it was brilliant.

It's the exact reason he is looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. He's expecting it to be the first major dud for Marvel because it doesn't include recognizable superheroes. Watch him change his tune on it completely once it makes a couple of hundred million dollars.

You realize that he jokingly calls himself Popcorn Ronnie B during the summer since he usually only watches blockbusters, right? And that there's a possibility that he may have not liked a movie in a press screening because it was one in a million poo poo bookings Pepper made for him and he didn't truly give it a shot until he sought it out on his own? Or that he's joking about True Detective?

tl;dr

therealjon_ posted:

That's a whole hell of a lot of assumptions based on your bias.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Ron is a massive hypocrit about numerous things on a day to day basis.

He mocks Hicks for not being able to talk properly and he himself constantly says the wrong words for things and mispronounces a bunch of simple words, for instance.
That's part of the gag :ssh:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CrashCat posted:

That's part of the gag :ssh:

Sure it is.

Him stumbling his way through certain sentences during Unmasked is really sticking it to Hicks.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I get Ron's issues with the 9/11 memorial in a way. I've visited all 3 memorials (granted, Shanksville hadn't even broken ground on the permanent memorial yet when I was there) and New York is the only one of the 3 where I watched a parade of tourists take smiling selfies in front of what amounted to a mass grave just behind them. By contrast, aside from a brief presentation by a park ranger, the Flight 93 memorial was silent as a tomb and appropriately somber even with two dozen tourists hanging around and no one was at the Pentagon memorial at all.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Sure it is.

Him stumbling his way through certain sentences during Unmasked is really sticking it to Hicks.

He does the "you realize you just said ______" to Hicks on a regular basis. It's just banter and Hicks rolls with it.

If Ron had agreed with Molly it would have been a two minute conversation. It was an interesting topic, Molly held her own, the callers got into it. I totally disagreed with Ron but I enjoyed it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I get Ron's issues with the 9/11 memorial in a way. I've visited all 3 memorials (granted, Shanksville hadn't even broken ground on the permanent memorial yet when I was there) and New York is the only one of the 3 where I watched a parade of tourists take smiling selfies in front of what amounted to a mass grave just behind them. By contrast, aside from a brief presentation by a park ranger, the Flight 93 memorial was silent as a tomb and appropriately somber even with two dozen tourists hanging around and no one was at the Pentagon memorial at all.

http://hotchickssmilingatgroundzero.com/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I think what Ron does is a less overt version of Opie's bit where he goes "You haters, don't you get it? We know it's bad radio, that's why it's funny!!! (Pop Tart talk for an hour)"

Except it's actually funny.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't mind that, but when someone is so obviously changing/holding an opinion just to be different and they are in their 50-somethings then it's just a bit tragic. Almost as tragic as the people defending/cheer leading for him blindly.

At least horrible racist Anthony Cumia actually believes in his horrible racism.

You take a comedy radio show really seriously, weird.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Yeah. Y'all are having a really weird argument today.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Lets talk about morbidly obese Ron chastising Fez's dietary habits instead.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

onemillionzombies posted:

Go right ahead ...

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

onemillionzombies posted:

Yeah, at least when Fez isn't talking you don't hear him wheezing into the mic through his fatness like you do whenever Ron goes quiet.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I was just pointing out how I've found it odd over the years how Ron tends to poo poo on memorials and museums dedicated to tragedies but then does the same 9/11 show every year because he can since he's a New Yorker. People that go to holocaust museums and memorials are ghoulish but he'll do the same requiem mass of a show yearly. There's a disconnect there is all I'm saying.

I'm staying out of the 50 year old hipster argument.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Can we talk about how Courtnry Love PMed Opie on twitter so he decided to play some song by some shitheel band she's associated with? I enjoyed how the song was atrocious. I also enjoyed hearing them all fumble around looking for something nice to say about it .

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Saint Jimmy posted:

Can we talk about how Courtnry Love PMed Opie on twitter so he decided to play some song by some shitheel band she's associated with? I enjoyed how the song was atrocious. I also enjoyed hearing them all fumble around looking for something nice to say about it .

I was fully expecting Anthony to start doing his Billy Joe Armstrong/whiny 90's pop-punk voice as soon as I heard the vocals. They were, as a criminally underused Jimmy character would say, 'so grody.'

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Speaking of songs, did anybody else think the band Science that Ron played on the show today stunk on ice?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Kersey posted:

Speaking of songs, did anybody else think the band Science that Ron played on the show today stunk on ice?

Rawdog's sound quality didn't do it any favors, but I thought the end was cool.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Paul Kersey posted:

Yeah I hated it. And for the record I'm a huge prog rock fan.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah I hated it. And for the record I'm a huge prog rock fan.

Since day one?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I listened to both shows yesterday and the Courtney Love song was like 10x better than that mess.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The song Courtney asked them to play wasn't bad at all.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Sure it is.

The hypocrisy is the bit. The whole "Ron makes everyone around him look like an idiot constantly and has them stay silent about his flaws" bit. The one he's been doing for decades. I'm sorry if I spoiled it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I loving hate how Pepper will bring up a 30 year old movie like Star Wars and Ron will tell him not to spoil it. If you haven't seen the movie by now Ron you deserve to be spoiled.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

therealjon_ posted:

I loving hate how Pepper will bring up a 30 year old movie like Star Wars and Ron will tell him not to spoil it. If you haven't seen the movie by now Ron you deserve to be spoiled.
:raise:

I really need the clip of this to understand how you didn't take it as a joke.

drat, I know Ron uses dry humor but you guys are blowing my mind with this poo poo.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 12, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh literal CrashCat!

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
How bad was the stupid live like Tito poo poo today?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ransom posted:

How bad was the stupid live like Tito poo poo today?

Presume it was like the last two times where it was basically half an hour of a bunch of people calling in to plug lovely businesses that they have started up.

Also, The Halls is awful and stupid and they need to stop talking about it.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 13, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

The hypocrisy is the bit. The whole "Ron makes everyone around him look like an idiot constantly and has them stay silent about his flaws" bit. The one he's been doing for decades. I'm sorry if I spoiled it.

If a bit goes on for decades, doesn't it eventually just become a feature?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

therealjon_ posted:

Oh literal CrashCat!
drat your timing

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

spudsbuckley posted:

Presume it was like the last two times where it was basically half an hour of a bunch of people calling in to plug lovely businesses that they have started up.

Also, The Halls is awful and stupid and they need to stop talking about it.

Is "The Halls" serious and not a joke? I had just assumed it was a parody / sketch type thing.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrChupon posted:

Is "The Halls" serious and not a joke? I had just assumed it was a parody / sketch type thing.

They had an actual screenwriter come in and talk about it at the top of yesterdays show.

I thought it was a joke as well initially but I'm thinking Ron hopes it catches on now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Please stop trolling. You can't possibly be taking a comedy radio show doing a bit this seriously, nope, I won't believe it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yes, and Ron really thinks that Bill Staples "Have a Filthy XXX-mas" CD is a masterpiece.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Google Butt posted:

Please stop trolling. You can't possibly be taking a comedy radio show doing a bit this seriously, nope, I won't believe it.

It would help if the bit was in any way even remotely funny.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

It would help if the bit was in any way even remotely funny.

What on earth are you getting out of listening to Ron and Fez? If you hate Ronny B, there's no real point in listening. 95% of the show is his voice.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
It's more 78% his voice. Another 20% is silence.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Looks like I may have tickets for a taping of Jimmy's Vice show. Anybody else attending?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wonder if that will be any good live, hmmm maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Ron is your free spirited hilarious uncle who everyone loves to hang out with. Then he dies of a massive heart attack on a Tuesday.

• Locked thread