Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

It is the middle of the year 2014 and Kid Icarus: Uprising is still the best game on the 3DS

SMTIV by a country mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some asked about SMT x FE in the roundtable for the new IntSys 3DS game, and apparently it still exists.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv5CfVqhTI

Devil's Third may actually turn out rad as gently caress. That multiplayer looks drat fun.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bobnumerotres posted:

uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv5CfVqhTI

Devil's Third may actually turn out rad as gently caress. That multiplayer looks drat fun.

Dude hasn't made a good game since Ninja Gaiden DS.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pomp posted:

I don't know. A multiplayer mode where you compete to throw fruit into a blender, and full customization and costumes and poo poo for multiplayer. It has promise.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pomp posted:

Has he made anything at all since Ninja Gaiden DS?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

I think he has literally made 1 game since NGDS.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NGII came out after NGDS and I think that was the last thing he worked on.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ninja Gaiden 2 :v:

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
Page late, but if you wanna play Kid Icarus Uprising, try to pick up that old lanyard that Nintendo used to sell for the DS. It makes the weirdo control scheme actually a breeze to play with since the thumb strap essentially just turns the touchscreen into a really large right control stick.

They're kind of hard to find now I think though, so good luck with that.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Pomp posted:

Ninja Gaiden 2 :v:

That game is good too though.

I hope that Devils Third turns out well but it looks so janky.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Code claimed! Enjoy Wind Waker, homeless snail.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 12, 2014

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ninja Gaiden DS was really good though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

absolutely anything posted:

It is the middle of the year 2014 and Kid Icarus: Uprising is still the best game on the 3DS

It's also the best Star Fox game since 64.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

axleblaze posted:

NGII came out after NGDS and I think that was the last thing he worked on.

Didn't he get fired halfway through development for being a lecherous jerk, though?

I think it's probably fair to say his input is what kept it from being a completely terrible game, seeing as Team Ninja seemed to fall off a loving cliff after that game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg Longplay of the new xenoblade went up. Looks amazing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

homeless snail posted:

Ninja Gaiden DS was really good though.

It really was and they should remake it for Wii U, or at least release the original on the new 3DS VC.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
For Uprising I just used my right thumb on the face buttons for aiming, left thumb on the stick for moving, and the trigger for shooting. I didn't find it that bad at all, personally.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Code claimed! Enjoy Wind Waker, homeless snail.
Thank you for saving me like $40, I will treasure them forever.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Wind Waker is the best 3D console zelda so far. You're gonna have a blast.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

Page late, but if you wanna play Kid Icarus Uprising, try to pick up that old lanyard that Nintendo used to sell for the DS. It makes the weirdo control scheme actually a breeze to play with since the thumb strap essentially just turns the touchscreen into a really large right control stick.

They're kind of hard to find now I think though, so good luck with that.

I still have mine because I'm not a loser :smug:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

They did just release a few older games on the Wii U VC without telling anyone: Famicom Pac-Land and some GBA compilation that probably sucks.

The GBA Compilation is actually perfectly acceptable. Especially at the lowered price its at now (When its at the regular price it might not be worth it.)

You've got Pac-Attack, Pac-Mania, Pac-Man (Available in fit to screen mode or Scrolling mode a la GB Pac-Man) and the best game in the set, Pac-Man Arrangement (The 1996 one, not the mediocre PSP one.)

It also makes buying the NES version of Pac-Man completely pointless. So its a good deal at $4.89.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

enojy posted:

drat, too bad you have to buy a specific 2DS SKU/bundle from Walmart in order to get that $40 Walmart gift card. $70 off a 2DS would be an incredible deal. Walmart does accept competitor's coupons, don't they? It's a REAL long shot, but I wonder if they'd accept that one.

Alternatively, if you want to be a real scumbag along the likes of couponing mommies, you could probably buy one color 2DS from Best Buy with the coupon, not open it, and bring it to Walmart after "losing your receipt" to exchange it for a different color and maybe still get that $40 gift card?
Tried doing this at Wal-mart a couple months back with one of those $35 pink & white 3ds XL price fuckups from K-mart. No go, Wal-mart tracks whether serialized items, such as 3ds's, were purchased from them.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I just got a WiiU. Is there a standard way to take pictures for the miiverse? Zelda, for instance, has the pictobox. How would I post a screenshot for Color Zen?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The Sean posted:

I just got a WiiU. Is there a standard way to take pictures for the miiverse? Zelda, for instance, has the pictobox. How would I post a screenshot for Color Zen?

Just hit the home button during a game, go to make a post and there'll be a screenshot button when you're typing/drawing. Works the same way on the 3DS.

There are some games that don't let you do it though, but the only ones I can think of are Monster Hunter 3 and Pokemon X/Y.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Is there somewhere that the full Treehouse video is archived, or is Nintendo just dumb and they don't want me to be able to watch a show where they pimp all their games?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

SMTIV by a country mile

...uh, Bravely Default?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Edit: CODE BOUGHT! I just realized I've never actually played Wind Walker despite thinking I had in the past.

EDIT: Although, no regrets on me getting Pikmin 3 as my MK8 game. poo poo is amazing.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 12, 2014

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XboxPants posted:

Is there somewhere that the full Treehouse video is archived, or is Nintendo just dumb and they don't want me to be able to watch a show where they pimp all their games?

They're starting to upload them to their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 12, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Flynn posted:

Anyone want to sell me a Mario Kart 8 code? I just realized I've never actually played Wind Walker despite thinking I had in the past.

EDIT: Although, no regrets on me getting Pikmin 3 as my MK8 game. poo poo is amazing.

There's a thread of people selling them in SA-Mart.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Is anyone else as excited as I am for that Captain Toad game? It looked much more amazing that I could have ever imagined on the treehouse stream :ohdear:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Anyone want to sell me a Mario Kart 8 code? I just realized I've never actually played Wind Walker despite thinking I had in the past.

Message sent.

PrBacterio posted:

Is anyone else as excited as I am for that Captain Toad game? It looked much more amazing that I could have ever imagined on the treehouse stream :ohdear:

Since December or so i've been ranting about how bad i've wanted a game just like that. I'm glad they were able to read my mind through Nintendo brand psychics.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

The game will give you wicked hand cramps and they are loving WORTH IT.

I never got hand cramps because I have wrists of steel. :smug:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

SeANMcBAY posted:

They starting to upload them to their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo

Thanks!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

PrBacterio posted:

I looks really good. I remember playing them in the Mario 3D world and was hoping they'd make more DLC levels. Turning it into a fully featured game is a welcome surprise.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

axleblaze posted:

There's a thread of people selling them in SA-Mart.

Is there any region locking on this offer? If I'm in Australia, will I experience any issues with buying a code from someone in the United States?

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
How is the media on this thing? Like can I watch twitch, youtube and netflix? I am really close to getting one tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mad Katter posted:

Is there any region locking on this offer? If I'm in Australia, will I experience any issues with buying a code from someone in the United States?

Yeah, it's region locked, you'll need a PAL region (UK/EU/AU/NZ) code.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Galactic posted:

How is the media on this thing? Like can I watch twitch, youtube and netflix? I am really close to getting one tomorrow.

Youtube and Netflix work really well since you have a touchscreen keyboard right there. Haven't tried twitch personally.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I haven't played 3D World, so correct me if I'm wrong and he's now amazing, but were there really a number of people clamoring to play a Toad game? He's always just been the Scrappy Doo of the Mario Universe to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's also apps for Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus. If only they'd get an HBO Go app and I'd be set.

• Locked thread