Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

This is your laziest outing yet, you lovely, lovely hack. Just go away.

I dunno, there was that time he was a five foot two woman who was scared of being raped on the streets and required weaponry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Bompacho posted:

There you have it kids:

Marry for money not love.
Babies are only for people with Financial plans.
If you are already unemployed then good luck, filthy pleb.

People are free to do whatever they want but there are consequences to actions and having a baby (an entirely avoidable endeavour) without the means to provide for it seems ill-advised.

You can call me sexist if you'd like but i'll take that accusation seriously when women actually feel comfortable posting here after you guys take some steps to address the macho, alienating rhetoric that gets thrown around in here:

quote:

'Now gently caress off back to your troll hole.'

'You stupid gently caress.'

'IWC why are you still so poo poo'

'Also gently caress you'

'P.S. Go back to the MRA pit from whence you came and [get murdered].'

'In conclusion, kill yourself'

'you lovely, lovely hack. Just go away.

Ian Winthorpe III fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 12, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Unemployment without benefits is an appropriate punishment for fallen women who have sex outside of wedlock. Nothing a septic tank can't fix.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cartoon posted:

We're performing an important public service by presenting considered information to lurkers and jkfndghbvyuuidfgbdfszlxiu

I know, it really feels like a waste of time, but the sad thing is there are a lot of people out there who believe this poo poo uncritically. And others who are otherwise progressive, but still subconsciously take some of these attitudes for granted in the back of their heads. It really does need to be named and shamed at every opportunity.

With that in mind, a government that allows its people enough freedom to sometimes engage in sexual contact (and is unable to prevent any unwanted sexual contact with 100% certainty), allowing some the children born from such unions to be born into poverty and grow up with preventable health problems (mental and otherwise) rather than supplying a comprehensive welfare plan seems ill-advised.

(Because those kids won't grow up to be productive participating members of the economy, obviously. Did you think I was getting sentimental?)

By the way me and Hookshot are both chicks you dense gently caress, and why didn't you include my nasty remark about putting your dick in a vise?

e: and Crows too, scrolled past her post too fast

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Let's assume that IWC's argument of personal responsibility of consequences is worth the toilet paper it was poo poo out on. Even if that were the case it is utterly flawed because this has health effects on the unborn child. I guess the child should have chosen not to have a poor mother?

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Bifauxnen posted:

By the way me and Hookshot are both chicks you dense gently caress, and why didn't you include my nasty remark about putting your dick in a vise?

Because i'm not in the business of engaging the cheap rhetoric of gendered violence.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm also a m'lady, IWC, do you not love me any more? :(

PS Seconding putting your dick in a vice

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

e: and Crows too, scrolled past her post too fast

Also Fruity Gordo

But seriously, IWC is saying "if women don't want to starve on welfare they shouldn't get pregnant", and then saying "you all have to check your misogyny"

Welcome back onto my ignore list, IWC

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

You can call me sexist if you'd like but i'll take that accusation seriously when women actually feel comfortable posting here after you guys take some steps to address the macho, alienating rhetoric that gets thrown around in here:

Why are you assuming Auspol women are fragile china snowflakes who can't handle reading some mean-sounding words directed at somebody else on a computer screen, I thought that was kind of your whole point.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Why are you assuming Auspol women are fragile china snowflakes who can't handle reading some mean-sounding words directed at somebody else on a computer screen, I thought that was kind of your whole point.

Just put him on your ignore list now.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

Let's assume that IWC's argument of personal responsibility of consequences is worth the toilet paper it was poo poo out on. Even if that were the case it is utterly flawed because this has health effects on the unborn child. I guess the child should have chosen not to have a poor mother?

I agree that it's not the child's responsibility. But bringing children into the world in an environment of poverty, unemployment or broken families also has health effects on a child and as such should probably not be incentive by government.

I agree there is a delicate balance here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

Just put him on your ignore list now.

Yeah, just had to get that one out of my system first to bring it full circle.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

As are men, therefore equal rights which if i'm not mistaken is one of the goals of feminism. I don't remember the Suferagettes or Reclaim the Night holding placards saying 'Equal Rights Now! But With Exceptions Based On Hoary Old Patriarchal Notions of Feminine Delicacy!

Don't... don't do this, IWC. You are so much better than this. When women are speaking, shut the gently caress up and listen. Would you do any less for POC victims of racism? I love what you do, but this is not what you do, this is lame and not at all your peak. I see better combo-breakers on FB news site comment threads.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also IWC is basically the prime example of why anyone who argues that tone is an indicator of quality of idea is a loving dickhead(also probably a tory fuckhead because tone arguments are used almost exclusively to protect an established status quo)

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm just trying to get a handle on this 'hypocrisy' thing so we can get a discussion going.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

You are so much better than this.

He really isn't.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Take note future trolls, this is the master at work.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

Also IWC is basically the prime example of why anyone who argues that tone is an indicator of quality of idea is a loving dickhead(also probably a tory fuckhead because tone arguments are used almost exclusively to protect an established status quo)

I'm past the point of caring what people think about tone arguments. I'm sure all the profanity and rage plays well on twitter where the mechanics reward antagonism, transgression and insults. If you're happy with all that then godspeed my furious friend but the issue lies not so much in tory ideology as in the functions and purpose of language.

I'm sure you've all read the boy who cried wolf and that is exactly what is playing out with this kind of rhetoric. Once you've told someone to 'literally kill themselves' over a relatively minor difference of opinion, there's nowhere to go apart from diminishing returns of profanity laced word salads, weird little violent scenarios or variations on 'welcome to my ignore list'.

On a more basic level, it's just rather childish.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Don't... don't do this, IWC. You are so much better than this. When women are speaking, shut the gently caress up and listen. Would you do any less for POC victims of racism?

I'll consider their arguments, empathize with their circumstances and respond accordingly. Abiding rigidly to a sentiment like 'When women are speaking, shut the gently caress up and listen' is a recipe for placing a fool like Gina Reinhart upon a large ute-shaped pedestal.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I wonder if Gina worked through her pregnancies?

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Nibbles141 posted:

I wonder if Gina worked through her pregnancies?

I'd say she worked her way through a couple before she decided to leave a few uneaten.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All women employed as professional incubators.
All men gay married to make dual-income super households.
Children issued to gay-super-couples upon successful income test.

No loss of productivity, no unemployment.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

oi hookshot i was pointing that out :mad:

Hahaha sorry I read like the first ten posts of the discussion then kind of skimmed the rest of them because I was bored, my bad.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Monthly reminder to join your union if you already haven't. http://www.actu.org.au/default.aspx The ACTU will point you towards the right one. Joining a union gives you access to training and legal representation at $300 ish a year. Getting legal access yourself if there is a problem is likely to cost $300 a day depending on the circumstances. You also get the peace of mind of knowing that someone has your back if things go wrong, and you don't have to take the bosses poo poo.

1) Check your awards
2) Check your contracts
3) Join your union
4) If you're casual, start trying to get yourself onto permanent part time or permanent.

https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/super/in-detail/contributions/super-co-contribution/ Also this month is the last chance to get some free money thrown into your super if you haven't done that already. You put in $500, the federal govt will throw in $500.

Edit: CANADIA.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I'm also a m'lady, IWC, do you not love me any more? :(

PS Seconding putting your dick in a vice

Honest question here. What is it that prompts you to use language like that? Needless to say, a comment advising a woman to put her ___ in a ____ would be seen as misogynist language, and while I accept that women face the brunt of violent gendered language, what point or argument are you trying to promote with this sort of stuff? This goes equally for 'go kill yourself' and i'm honestly puzzled by it. If somebody promoting an ideology of compassion and tolerance is so quick to employ violent language (in that curiously aggrieved/and bullying tone) my first instinct is to doubt the veracity of their self-proclaimed tolerance.

I've known people who have committed suicide and while i'm not offended, I still get surprised by the eagerness with which people through it out there. I suppose it stems from a poverty of thought but that still doesn't explain the needless malice.

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?
I'm looking at spraying some money at some charities before the end of the financial year. Can anyone suggest some decent Australian charities that are worthy of my mulah, or what to steer clear of?

The shortlist is currently the Greens and Mission Australia. Mission seem to do good work, and despite being Christian-based, and unlike the Salvos, aren't actively petitioning against abortion, gay marriage or euthanasia.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
Well the world is better off with some people dead IWC.

Hope that answers your question.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'd like an evaluation by a lurker on the learning outcomes from this discussion with a troll, because we can take that feedback and improve the Funtime Corporation Civics Course.

Did you

* lose consciousness
* feel a certain deja vu
* wish to stab someone over the interwebs
* think about crumpets with honey nom nom.

Further comments in your own words would be appreciated and may be enhanced with bags of money under the table.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

BCR posted:

unions

And when you join a union, keep a record of your fees paid, because they are 100% tax deductible.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

I can: poor planning and a lack of impulse control.

You've lost your touch.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Zenithe posted:

And when you join a union, keep a record of your fees paid, because they are 100% tax deductible.

YUP. FORGOT THIS. Thanks.

Bent Wookiee posted:

I'm looking at spraying some money at some charities before the end of the financial year. Can anyone suggest some decent Australian charities that are worthy of my mulah, or what to steer clear of?

The shortlist is currently the Greens and Mission Australia. Mission seem to do good work, and despite being Christian-based, and unlike the Salvos, aren't actively petitioning against abortion, gay marriage or euthanasia.

I haven't heard anything bad against Ted Noff and Fred Hollows charitys. :ohdear:
http://www.hollows.org.au/Fred-Hollows
http://www.noffs.org.au/

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
stop

replying

to

IWC

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Honest question here. What is it that prompts you to use language like that? Needless to say, a comment advising a woman to put her ___ in a ____ would be seen as misogynist language, and while I accept that women face the brunt of violent gendered language, what point or argument are you trying to promote with this sort of stuff? This goes equally for 'go kill yourself' and i'm honestly puzzled by it. If somebody promoting an ideology of compassion and tolerance is so quick to employ violent language (in that curiously aggrieved/and bullying tone) my first instinct is to doubt the veracity of their self-proclaimed tolerance.

I've known people who have committed suicide and while i'm not offended, I still get surprised by the eagerness with which people through it out there. I suppose it stems from a poverty of thought but that still doesn't explain the needless malice.

You know what, as the one who originally wrote that, I was going to go "waah waah too bad now after all your talk of boy crying wolf, it's too late and I'm not going to stick around for your honest heartfelt question." But I'm going to answer it anyway because I'm actually a huge sucker for having the slightest chance of actually engaging with people sincerely. And THAT is why you pissed me off so goddamn much that I used such language, because despite spending a lot of time here trying to be all Miss Understanding Good Cop Who Plays Nice And Engages With The Differing Opinions, every time I try all I get is shitposting in return. So gently caress you. It wasn't needless. It was much-needed malice. Posts like yours are exactly why I have decreased the nice tones you claim to want and gone straight for the crotch.

The poo poo we are facing in this world has actual consequences that harms peoples lives, and you're just willfully regurgitating the dumbest bullshit that people already actually believe. As if we weren't somehow aware of these viewpoints enough already, and really needed to spend some more time hearing the majority out!

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

i got banned posted:

Well the world is better off with some people dead IWC.

Hope that answers your question.

Well much like Elliot Rodgers manifesto, it at least illustrates the negative, unfocused and vengeful mindset that drives some people.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well much like Elliot Rodgers manifesto, it at least illustrates the negative, unfocused and vengeful mindset that drives some people.the left.

There, it's pretty much a news ltd comment right there.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Firstly, this statement was explicitly in reference to your experiencing an equivalent discomfort to pregnancy; it wasn't just a suggestion out of the blue.

With that said, the general tone of responses that you receive is due to your being a disingenuous fucker. You shift tone and stance and abandon topics on a post by post basis in a manner that would be schizophrenic if it wasn't so blatantly a troll.

There is something to be said for arguing against the kind of points you raise in order to educate the lurkers, but this also carries a certain level of danger; you aren't arguing in good faith and so the contest is not equal. You will literally say anything to 'win', because winning in this context is not presenting an unassailable argument, but simply creating the illusion that a reasonable debate exists.

I detest this style of interaction. You do not add anything productive. You muddy the waters, and whether you are doing this for laughs or in support of some retarded ideology (note, please, that this is a precise use of the term retarded rather than a vernacular one), it is pathetic.

This is why people address you with disdain. Happy to help. Also, crush your genitals unironically.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ewe2 posted:

I'd like an evaluation by a lurker on the learning outcomes from this discussion with a troll, because we can take that feedback and improve the Funtime Corporation Civics Course.

Did you

* lose consciousness
* feel a certain deja vu
* wish to stab someone over the interwebs
* think about crumpets with honey nom nom.

Further comments in your own words would be appreciated and may be enhanced with bags of money under the table.

Deja'poo.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

Bent Wookiee posted:

Fred Hollows? They do excellent work for juvenile and senior eye health in remote Australia.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

You know what, as the one who originally wrote that, I was going to go "waah waah too bad now after all your talk of boy crying wolf, it's too late and I'm not going to stick around for your honest heartfelt question." But I'm going to answer it anyway because I'm actually a huge sucker for having the slightest chance of actually engaging with people sincerely.

Evidentally, I believe it was St Paul who originally advised that fantasizing about the mutilated genitals of others is the best foundation for sincere engagement.

quote:

And THAT is why you pissed me off so goddamn much that I used such language, because despite spending a lot of time here trying to be all Miss Understanding Good Cop Who Plays Nice And Engages With The Differing Opinions, every time I try all I get is shitposting in return.

I'm glad you agree that the quality of discourse is terrible. Not sure that I agree that frustration is a valid reason to use violent gendered language.

quote:

So gently caress you.

Peace be upon you, too

It wasn't needless. It was much-needed malice.[/quote]

I remain unconvinced, there's a reason why Bob Marley's message is more enduring than Korn's.

quote:

Posts like yours are exactly why I have decreased the nice tones you claim to want and gone straight for the crotch.

Why this incessant focus on my genitals? For the record I agree that men often do this to women.

quote:

The poo poo we are facing in this world has actual consequences that harms peoples lives

Such as a culture of bullying, abuse and intemperance that can result in anything from anxiety to suicide.

quote:

and you're just willfully regurgitating the dumbest bullshit that people already actually believe.

Fair call and credit to you for taking ownership of a controversial pro-malice position.

quote:

As if we weren't somehow aware of these viewpoints enough already, and really needed to spend some more time hearing the majority out!

So why should anyone hear you out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Swearing is bad guys, spare a thought for the feelings of those who are just trying to condemn women to life of misery.

I dunno what's wrong with malice anyway, wanting to inflict serious harm on someone who's willing to do the exact same thing to whole sections of the community seems pretty reasonable. Letting them ride roughshod over society for fear of being called malicious is what people should be being called out for.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread