Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rei_ posted:

wow i can't believe we're talking about fiction or continuity or toys or whatever and not about how loving cute 'Spacebus' is.

Ironically, Astrotrain does have a cousin with a Russian accent and a grateful demeanour. Spasibus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rei_ posted:

wow i can't believe we're talking about fiction or continuity or toys or whatever and not about how loving cute 'Spacebus' is.
I kinda wanted to talk about how great this week's RID was with Galvatron just being awesome and how it is setting up so many plot threads while still rocking a solid story in the present day but I got distracted ok!

It's much more important that we discuss how LSOTW is worsened as a story because Guzzle doesn't spark.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, uh, if you liked that Maketoys Utopia Metroplex, you better be ready to hand over some major cash, it's like $400 :stare:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

So, uh, if you liked that Maketoys Utopia Metroplex, you better be ready to hand over some major cash, it's like $400 :stare:

Eh, it's not THAT bad for what it is. We're paying $500 or so for combiner teams that come to about that size as well. I may bite on it depending on how much their Computron is going to put me back.

I really wish Maketoys would do a Tailgate to go with my Swerver/Gears pack.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Constructicons are great, and Prowl's finally playing to his strengths and standing up to Optimus.

Rei_ posted:

Galvatron's just an old-fashioned functionist at heart :allears:.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lockdown:

That's some weird looking face, but pretty Lockdown-y. It appears you can totally give him a gun-face.

Takara Galvatron also looks way better by having just a painted face.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ohhh when is Lockdown slated for release?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wave 2.5 I think so probably soon-ish if you live in a real country unlike me.

Unrelated but i was checking some of my cyberverse-sized toys and I completely forgot hatchet existed, and how sweet he is.

e:

Spiderdrake posted:

That's the awesome little jet that transforms into a gnarly cat thing, right?

Yep that's him, lil' dude is hella awesome.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 12, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Unrelated but i was checking some of my cyberverse-sized toys and I completely forgot hatchet existed, and how sweet he is.
That's the awesome little jet that transforms into a gnarly cat thing, right? I've probably told the story before, but I wanted one of those and never saw him. I mentioned it to strangehamster at TFcon and he somehow eagle-eyed one, complete, out of a loose bin for five bucks canadian.

Also Lockdown looks pretty good to me. That looks like his unmasked face from the one trailer. I want to believe I see a resemblance to his original VA but I know that's just bias in action.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Peter Weller?!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey so we're getting Generations Defensor, just not in the way you'd expect:

it's a possible store exclusive, but Hotspot is red and using the Grappel mold instead of Inferno.

I'm gonna be honest I'm really not sold on any of them. None of them even have their g1 decos and the prime and movie molds don't mesh with Generations and are kinda crappy. Unless these are supposed to be their Unused G2 decos because Hotspot is red.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 12, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Holy poo poo, they're using cyberverse Arcee just to make the right scale.

(which is why I bought my cyberverse Arcee, hmm)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blackheart posted:

Lockdown:

That's some weird looking face, but pretty Lockdown-y. It appears you can totally give him a gun-face.

Takara Galvatron also looks way better by having just a painted face.

Wow this guy owns. Can't wait.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's a possible store exclusive, but Hotspot is red and using the Grappel mold instead of Inferno.

I'm gonna be honest I'm really not sold on any of them. None of them even have their g1 decos and the prime and movie molds don't mesh with Generations and are kinda crappy. Unless these are supposed to be their Unused G2 decos because Hotspot is red.
They already did a blue Hotspot repaint of Inferno, they probably wanted to do something different. Of course now they've basically just given us another Inferno, but with a crane. Hopefully there's some unique paint apps or something we can't see in the tiny picture. I guess it's good for people who want another chance to do their Pyro custom though. And that movie helicopter mold they're using for Blades has always looked hideous to me.

It's also weird they're doing Groove in blue so he basically looks just like Prime Arcee. At least the Prime Ratchet and Prowl molds have really distinct paint schemes from their original versions.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Well, that's Hasbro and TFC striking out on their Protectobot attempts. Can MMC or MakeToys maybe step up and do these poor bastards up right?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
That accurate Evasion OP? $55. http://www.capturedprey.com/store/ad02_tru_japan_rusty_optimus

$6 markup for a Japanese store exclusive from a US retailer is kind of nuts.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jun 12, 2014

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Rei_ posted:

At least SOMEONE appreciates this as much as me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Their Devastator was $350 and he's only $50 more.

If I had the money, I would get him, their Computron and MMC Predaking in an instant, but I gotta eat and pay the bills. That Computron is so goddamn good looking though and I wish I could afford him. :(

Silhouette posted:

Peter Weller?!

Ha, I thought the same thing.

The Taint Reaper posted:

These guys barely even look different from their original releases. Well, I'm sure kids who missed out on their first releases will enjoy them.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
MP Grimlock turned up at TRU here in Singapore for $199 sing,which is roughly $160 u.s.d. This has been the trend in the last few years of TRU with the Hasbro exclusives. Singapore's nice on the one hand as we don't have the distribution problems that are going on in a lot of other countries, and we also get the Japanese releases at most of the shops here before the states and such at cheaper prices. But the Hasbro pricing (not just TF's, on all their toy lines) is just getting worse and worse and so stuff isn't selling. We had stacks of MP 10's unsold at something like $279 for a year here, similar situation with Soundwave.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

As much as I complained when Grimlock came out, Hasbro really turned things around. They've been available consistently around here for a couple weeks now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

SpikeMcclane posted:

That accurate Evasion OP? $55. http://www.capturedprey.com/store/ad02_tru_japan_rusty_optimus

$6 markup for a Japanese store exclusive from a US retailer is kind of nuts.

Preordered with Lockdown. I think BBTS/TFS want $65 for Rustimus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can't deal with that right now!

And Cloud Rodimus confirmed:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
There's a colour proto pic of Ultra Magnus from some Japanese toy thing doing the rounds. The more I see it, the more I get bad vibes from it, it just looks a bit messy and really doesn't do it for me at all. As for the colours, they seem to be going with a toy accurate scheme as opposed to a show/film accurate darker blue.

Edit: ^^^ Ha! Actually, that's a much better pic than the one I saw and the blue looks very film accurate so hurrah!

Sentinel Red fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 12, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Magnus & Rodimus

Man those shoulders on UM look like tiny little joints, unless I'm seeing it wrong.

Also is that a major release Rodimus? Not sure what "cloud" means in that context. Also not digging that he's a springer repaint, that's just not a good mold for a hot rod, nor a camper.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Anora posted:

Man those shoulders on UM look like tiny little joints, unless I'm seeing it wrong.

Also is that a major release Rodimus? Not sure what "cloud" means in that context. Also not digging that he's a springer repaint, that's just not a good mold for a hot rod, nor a camper.

Cloud figures are exclusives. Rodimus looks pretty cool, but it's the third use of that mold, and it's gonna be a little costly. I'd rather Hot Rod (NOT Rodimus Prime) just get a re-do in the MP line, in scale with the other car bots.

UM looks good, but it appears his butt-flap isn't a mis-transformation.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

I can't deal with that right now!

I am really not regretting purchasing Stack. It seems like the better option.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

Transformers cloud is some crazy limited exclusive releases varying from interesting to incredibly weird redeco choices, like a G1 Tank megatron from the bludgeon remold, or Whirl repainted as Shockwave, or Prime FE Bulkhead with a G1 Brawn head. Oh yea and Blitzstarscreamwing. They're stupidly expensive too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am really not regretting purchasing Stack. It seems like the better option.

I'm holding off judgement until we see a side by side comparison video.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I don't blame anyone that prefers the MP, it's going to be much more solid, less terrifying to transform, etc. But when I see the MP I can't help seeing the Michelin man.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Rhyno posted:

Nah, Hasbro poo poo the bed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rei_ posted:

Let me make my own decisions Rei!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I still believe in you Magnus!

But holy poo poo that shoulder joint looks scary :ohdear:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Sure wish the guy who designed the datsun MP cars and the lambos would have stayed on board for UM. Don't really feel that robot mode.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Rhyno posted:

Let me make my own decisions Rei!

LOOK AT THE CONNECTION FROM THE SHOULDER TO THE CHEST

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rei_ posted:

LOOK AT THE CONNECTION FROM THE SHOULDER TO THE CHEST

MAYBE THERE'S SUPPORT WE CAN'T SEE

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ah, the sound of Citizen Stack selling out the world over.

That's awful. Looks like it can't support it's own arm weight without it being like pushed in or whatever (and thus removing the joint). I want to say that is obviously not a finished paint job either, but who knows now the cool designer is gone.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wasn't this designed by the same dude, however?

Rei_ posted:

Oh I get it so when the masterpiece is good it's Takara's triumph, when it's bad it's Hasbro's fault? Very fair, mister :colbert:

(i'm joking)

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

People think MP Soundwave is good and he has the worst hip joints of all time. People think MP Sideswipe is good and his shoulders are worse than Generations Trailcutter. There is not one redeeming quality MP Grimlock and he still sells for $300.

Even if this toy literally crumbles into a pile of used hypodrrmics and gives you aids people will hail it as the best the best thing ever because it is expensive.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What's the problem with MP Soundwave's hips? I've never had a problem with them and they work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

ForeverSmug posted:

People think MP Soundwave is good and he has the worst hip joints of all time. People think MP Sideswipe is good and his shoulders are worse than Generations Trailcutter. There is not one redeeming quality MP Grimlock and he still sells for $300.

Even if this toy literally crumbles into a pile of used hypodrrmics and gives you aids people will hail it as the best the best thing ever because it is expensive.
You're quoting another board's post ... right?