Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Welp, just when I thought I was out of this game, it pulls me back in. Started a new character called Cheesecakelover, will try to pester some of you for a pearl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The misinformation going on in this thread is wild.

This implies you know the truth. Out with it!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Weapon Skill adjustments.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

This implies you know the truth. Out with it!

It's all on the wiki page you posted the image from. You are basically right in your post except for AF.

No proc its possible to get 2 currency, though rare
TE add drop slots with the 5th guaranteeing a single drop on proc
TH does affect drops
Procs do not affect AF drops. They are their own thing. Potentially they share the base currency drop slots, not the proc slots, but I don't think so. Been a while since I did Dyna to confirm that one. I think I've seen 4 currency an AF before though.

Atonement damage being raised is pretty sick. Done your trials yet Jamie?

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 12, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

It's all on the wiki page you posted the image from. You are basically right in your post except for AF.

No proc its possible to get 2 currency, though rare
TE add drop slots with the 5th guaranteeing a single drop on proc
TH does affect drops
Procs do not affect AF drops. They are their own thing. Potentially they share the base currency drop slots, not the proc slots, but I don't think so. Been a while since I did Dyna to confirm that one. I think I've seen 4 currency an AF before though.

Atonement damage being raised is pretty sick. Done your trials yet Jamie?
Finished them about a week ago. Would be nice if Atonement was bumped up to 2k base dmg.

Going to dump my Req. merits since it seems cdc will be a better WS in general.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I just got my account back through support after several years of not playing. My highest job is level 61, but I've been away from the game for so long I don't even know what to do. I stopped playing around 2009 and am lost as hell.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Some of the weapon skills on here say "TP bonus increased when the bearer has 2,000 or more TP". Have they raised the TP cap from 300, or is there just an insane amount of Store TP available now?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Overdrift posted:

Some of the weapon skills on here say "TP bonus increased when the bearer has 2,000 or more TP". Have they raised the TP cap from 300, or is there just an insane amount of Store TP available now?

The TP bar counts tenths but doesn't display them, so my guess is they're making the readout clearer by kicking the decimal. A swing that grants 14.2% TP would read as 142/3000 now instead of 14/300.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 13, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I just got my account back through support after several years of not playing. My highest job is level 61, but I've been away from the game for so long I don't even know what to do. I stopped playing around 2009 and am lost as hell.

You should read the OP, it has most of the information that you will need. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

If you have any questions to ask, feel free to ask them in this thread.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
That link mentions that you should unlock Voidwatch, but the OP mentions it as being obsolete. Is it still worth doing?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

I look forward to the triumphant return of SATA viper bite!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Thern posted:

That link mentions that you should unlock Voidwatch, but the OP mentions it as being obsolete. Is it still worth doing?

Yes and no, most of the equipment drops and especially the weapon drops are outclassed, but the event itself is good for grinding merits and a number of crafting mats that would otherwise be completely worthless are used in 109/119 af/relic upgrades (i forget which tiers)

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 13, 2014

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
RIP Glacier fishbots, Hak price will be nerfed next week.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Glad I hated spending my gil.

Now to just sit back for a few months and watch everything tank in price. :)

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I can't believe it lasted this long.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
RIP fish, you gone the way of chocobo blikners

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

RIP Glacier fishbots, Hak price will be nerfed next week.

Wtf... I just spent the last few months leveling Fishing. I'm at 89 skill and I have Ebisu. I dumped over 5m into this craft. So all the regular botters got super rich and now I'm screwed

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

You can still make pretty good money off fishing, but it will soon take more than load up on minnows->run bot in glacier->npc->repeat

The NPC price nerf needed to happen because the 40+ fish botters in Beaucedine around the clock were creating gil a lot faster than the game could remove it via gil sinks.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 13, 2014

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I guess now I can focus on getting a Shawl

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
From what nerds in BG are saying, there's fish in soa who NPC for the same amount. They are probably gonna go after those.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

From what nerds in BG are saying, there's fish in soa who NPC for the same amount. They are probably gonna go after those.

Could you give us a link, so I can see which fish I will have to switch to? I can never find anything in the bg forums.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I need help. I hit level 15 on my character on my private server and then camped Leaping Lizzy for three hours. :smith:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

ghostinmyshell posted:

I need help. I hit level 15 on my character on my private server and then camped Leaping Lizzy for three hours. :smith:

Are there ffxi p servers that don't suck or do you mean one you're running on your own?

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Tanners posted:

Are there ffxi p servers that don't suck or do you mean one you're running on your own?

I have my own private virtual server at home, with a virtual machine client so I can easily port it to other people's machines if they want to play with me.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

E: Disregard. Forgot that MMO HMO isn't behind a paywall; check /lsmes and send me a PM if you're interested for more info (please include your dumb anime character name in PM).

E2: All spots full currently.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 15, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

You need help? Like, you want a party? :v:

It's always been a great regret of mine that I didn't beat CoP when it was hard. If I'd ever join a private server, it'd be to do exactly that, level caps and all.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

I have my own private virtual server at home, with a virtual machine client so I can easily port it to other people's machines if they want to play with me.

That's pretty snazzy. Where'd you get the software, and how complete is it? If the missions are working properly, I could use that.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Zero The Hero posted:

That's pretty snazzy. Where'd you get the software, and how complete is it? If the missions are working properly, I could use that.

Judging from how the private servers I've seen online look I'd say its probably not very complete.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Thern posted:

Yeah, you should still unlock Voidwatch.

Is Voidwatch a big part of the game like it was 2'ish years ago? No. But it does have some use.

You will need to progress through the city voidwatch clears to unlock Emperyan Weapon Skills (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials). Quite a few of those weapon skills are the best available for their respective weapons.

A bunch of weaponskills are about to be buffed, and a lot of emp WS's will be really good. Victory Smite, Tachi: Fudo (perhaps), Blade: Hi and Chant du Cygne will be top dog Weaponskills. Ukko's Fury will be close to fully maxed Upheavel, Jishnu's Radiance is the top damage bow WS, and depending on how they adjust the magical accuracy properties to Wildfire it could end up being a very handy Weaponskill for gun rangers that don't have a relic. It's also a good source for quick merit points and there are good money drops.

What's the best sparks item to NPC for gil?

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 16, 2014

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Zero The Hero posted:

https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Main_Page

It's really easy to setup. But I like running virtualized servers so I can take snapshots in case an upgrade breaks something. Is the game 100% working? No of course not, they are still working on getting everything up to Zilart working correctly. However, it's good enough to jump in and have some fun.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
The important question is: How much exp are you getting per mob? :v:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah, you should still unlock Voidwatch.

Is Voidwatch a big part of the game like it was 2'ish years ago? No. But it does have some use.

You will need to progress through the city voidwatch clears to unlock Emperyan Weapon Skills (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials). Quite a few of those weapon skills are the best available for their respective weapons.

A bunch of weaponskills are about to be buffed, and a lot of emp WS's will be really good. Victory Smite, Tachi: Fudo (perhaps), Blade: Hi and Chant du Cygne will be top dog Weaponskills. Ukko's Fury will be close to fully maxed Upheavel, Jishnu's Radiance is the top damage bow WS, and depending on how they adjust the magical accuracy properties to Wildfire it could end up being a very handy Weaponskill for gun rangers that don't have a relic. It's also a good source for quick merit points and there are good money drops.

What's the best sparks item to NPC for gil?

I have no idea which sparks items sells for the most gil. I bet Jadey knows, I remember him making a comment a few months ago about the high level stuff selling for the most. The level 99 gear has ex on them, I am almost 100% sure that makes them unsellable. I would try the weapons. I know Negoroshiki sells for about 12k per gun.

Thern posted:

Voidwatch, Abyssea, Meeble Burrows, Imperial Tags from Aht Urghan; they all have timers and are all worth starting their timers. Meeble Burrows has some accessories that are really good for some jobs. Abyssea is still the best place to level from 30-99, you just have a lot of skilling up to do. Imperial Tags are not that useful unless you are doing assaults.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Main_Page

It's really easy to setup. But I like running virtualized servers so I can take snapshots in case an upgrade breaks something. Is the game 100% working? No of course not, they are still working on getting everything up to Zilart working correctly. However, it's good enough to jump in and have some fun.

Hmm, I'll wait for CoP. And maybe trusts too... then it should be possible to play through CoP with a friend or two.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
And Reborn carries some more pubbies through Drifts.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

And Reborn carries some more pubbies through Drifts.

Brag all you want, I did more damage than you.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If the new PLD enmity spell gains much enmity, I think having to own a relic to do stuff on RNG will be a thing of the past. 10 second recast timer :stare:

E: Eh nvm. From the description, it's just stupid.

Seems like FFXI will be SAM friendly once again.

E2: Seems the new defacto baby first endgame job will be Bard. They're useful for any form of endgame content, and the JSE harp and sparks horn should be plenty to get into a lot of events.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 17, 2014

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I often feel like I'm the only person who's looking forward to the new quests instead of battlefields and equipment.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Atonement buff wasn't as much as I was hoping for, but close if you load up on WSDMG gear. Still will opt to spam Chant du Cygne though, which is a much better WS now.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

New WKR augments are kind of neat. Too bad they can't add any base dmg or +skill to the weapons. My bird sword with +TA, OAT and +crit is pretty fun though. One-shotting mobs outside adoulin with reso was hilarious. Any word on how the new RUN ws stacks up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The merit point cost of Phantom Gems has not actually gone down, the gently caress. :(