Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

C-Euro posted:

poo poo, it's a weird thing to sperg about but I've been wanting the SNES version of Mega Man X3 for a while now. The X Collection on the Gamecube used the Saturn version, which I wasn't a fan of because the sound was really bad. I'm slowly building up a case for me to buy this drat system :v:

This is the first official Re-release of the SNES version of X3, isn't it? And it'll be probably the only financially-viable way to play it without resorting to :filez: because the game's got worse-than-Earthbound prices.

And MM7 will have the ending intact unlike the Anniversary Collection version. Another thing to be happy about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA is having a big 30% off sale across Wii U and 3DS, including Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Sonic and Lego games, both retail and VC:

http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey Europe, looks like you're getting Shin Megami Tensei IV as an eShop exclusive.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA is having a big 30% off sale across Wii U and 3DS, including Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Sonic and Lego games, both retail and VC:

http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

It's so bizarre I can't buy the game from that website. At least put a QR code or something up that would direct me to the store page on my device for that game.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

uPen posted:

It's so bizarre I can't buy the game from that website. At least put a QR code or something up that would direct me to the store page on my device for that game.

The 3DS games on that page have QR codes that do exactly that. (They're behind the "eshop download" button.)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Oh, I clicked on the SMB for WiiU not the SMB for 3DS, how silly of me.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey Europe, looks like you're getting Shin Megami Tensei IV as an eShop exclusive.

Pissssssssssssssssssssss
I just hope it won't cost the retail price

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Does the GBA Yoshi's Island play alright? I've only played it on the SNES forever ago.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Malt posted:

Does the GBA Yoshi's Island play alright? I've only played it on the SNES forever ago.

Screen's a bit zoomed in, Yoshi's got his stupid voice, the colors are slightly lighter, and the sound quality took a hit because its a GBA game but its still a fine game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Screen's a bit zoomed in, Yoshi's got his stupid voice, the colors are slightly lighter, and the sound quality took a hit because its a GBA game but its still a fine game.

It also has a bonus set of levels the SNES version doesn't have.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

univbee posted:

It also has a bonus set of levels the SNES version doesn't have.

Sold! Thanks guys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

Better than nothing, I'll take it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How good is Mario Party Island Tour?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's getting Metroid Zero Mission on the Wii U VC next week, so I guess the rest of us can expect it relatively soon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Pac Land and Pac-Man Collection are on E3 eShop sale now.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting Metroid Zero Mission on the Wii U VC next week, so I guess the rest of us can expect it relatively soon.

I sincerely hope you're right, but my first impulse is still just to emptyquote you with a :allears: smiley.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Too little, far too late.

Honestly, until Atlus have their poo poo together, I'm sort of hesitant to give any game they directly publish any sort of attention and frankly speaking if that's "never" then so be it.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Beef Waifu posted:

How good is Mario Party Island Tour?

Its short. Maps are all small and dont loop around which is good for quick games but there's like... 6 maps? And one of them is local multiplayer only. By the time you play through all of the maps you'll see all the minigames. There's also a minigame mode where you play a bunch of increasingly difficult games to unlock bowser Jr.

I'd say if you have a friend with a 3ds, its a good afternoon killer for one day and then just return it cause there's little replay value.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Honestly, until Atlus have their poo poo together, I'm sort of hesitant to give any game they directly publish any sort of attention and frankly speaking if that's "never" then so be it.

Atlus has only existed as its own company since April. It was just a brand of the now defunct Index Corporation prior to that. In these couple of months, they've taken back publishing rights from several European publishers and released a ton of their back catalog on PSN. SMT IV Europe just came right when Index died and Sega Dream/New Index took over. That was lost in all the mess. Just look at how quickly they got Conception II out in Europe. It's going to get better I think.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 11, 2014

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Atlus really needs to release a sequel to Knights in the Nightmare.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Atlus have had literally nothing to do with publishing games in Europe until earlier this year and them expanding in to the EU market is probably the only reason we're finally getting the game at all. I will gladly take this over another lovely botched Ghostlight release or not getting the game at all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 12):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Just Dance 2014 - €29.99 / £19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Just Dance Kids 2014 - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    My First Songs - €9.99 / £8.99
    Puddle - €6.99 / £6.29 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Soccer (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Starts June 19, ends July 31.]
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £14.99 until June 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Inazuma Eleven GO! Light - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 13)
    Inazuma Eleven GO! Shadow - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 13)
3DS eSHOP
    AiRace Xeno - €2.49 / £2.29
    Atlantic Quest - €6.99 / £5.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mach Rider (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs until June 16)
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 until June 19
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until June 19
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.29 until June 29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / £12.19 until June 29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / £13.39 until June 29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17

NA update (week of June 12):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pac-Land (Famicom) - $4.99
    PAC-MAN Collection (GBA) - $7.99
    Soccer (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - $34.99 until June 6
    Sonic Lost World (Wii U) - $34.99 until June 6
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U) - $20.99 until June 6
    LEGO: The Movie (Wii U) - $34.99 until June 16
    LEGO: The Hobbit (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 16
    LEGO: Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Wii U) - $13.99 until June 16
    Super Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    The Legend of Zelda (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    Super Mario World (Wii U VC) - $5.59 until June 16
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U VC) - $5.59 until June 16
    Pac-Land (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    PAC-MAN Collection (Wii U VC) - $4.89 until June 16
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - $24.99 until June 19

3DS eSHOP
    AiRace Xeno - $2.49
    Van Helsing sniper Zx100 - $6.66
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pushmo (3DS eShop) - $4.69 until June 13
    Crashmo (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until June 13
    Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS) - $27.99 until June 16
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - $27.99 until June 16
    Sonic Lost World (3DS) - $27.99 until June 16
    Sonic Generations (3DS) - $20.99 until June 16
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS) - $20.99 until June 16
    LEGO: The Movie (3DS) - $20.99 until June 16
    LEGO: The Hobbit (3DS) - $20.99 until June 16
    LEGO: Lord of the Rings (3DS) - $13.99 until June 16
    LEGO: Legends of Chiva: Laval's Journey (3DS) - $13.99 until June 16
    Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    Yoshi (3DS VC) - $3.49 until June 16
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - $24.99 until June 19
    Cave Story+ (Wii U) - "discounted" until June 26
    Ikachan (Wii U) - "discounted" until June 26
    NightSky (Wii U) - "discounted" until June 26
    VVVVVV (Wii U) - "discounted" until June 26
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 3
    Soccer Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 16
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS) - $9.99 until June 16

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Electroplankton Rec-Rec (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Mario Party 2 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until July 7

Plenty of sales for NA this week, and some of 'em don't stink! Take particular note the Inazuma Eleven sale: $10 for the next month.

No idea what the discount is on those Nicalis 3DS games, it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere; the press release says Cave Story 3D is discounted, but I'm pretty sure that's a misprint. It's worth pointing out that owning any of the discounted games will get you $5 off 1001 Spikes, which just came out last week (and is as buggy as every other Nicalis game, or so I'm told).

Nintendo still hasn't talked eShop/VC games at E3, so I'm hoping/suspecting they might drop something nice tomorrow, or at least a release window for something nice that might show up a year from now.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Hope the Inazuma Eleven discount isn't US-only - I'm in Canada and it's still listed at $20 for me.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Hope the Inazuma Eleven discount isn't US-only - I'm in Canada and it's still listed at $20 for me.

The shop doesn't update for another ~2 hours.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Artix posted:

The shop doesn't update for another ~2 hours.
Oh good, thanks. I saw Pushmo and Crashmo in the sales section and assumed it was up already, didn't realize those were from before.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Inazuma Eleven for $10 is exactly the price point I need to immediately download it.
I've been wanting to play it for quite some time, but have had a lot of other things take priority, but there's no excuse for not picking it up at this price.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SereneCrimson posted:

Inazuma Eleven for $10 is exactly the price point I need to immediately download it.
I've been wanting to play it for quite some time, but have had a lot of other things take priority, but there's no excuse for not picking it up at this price.

Same here. Just downloaded it myself. It looks so wacky and goofy, and for 10 bucks, why not?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the Nicalis discounted prices:
Cave Story - $5.99
Ikachan - $2.50
NightSky $4.99
VVVVVV - $3.99

AnxiousApatosaurus
Sep 2, 2004

Stylist
When will the platinum rewards be revealed? Do they announce them before year's end to get people on the fence to buy more poo poo?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Platinum rewards are never announced until after the Club Nintendo year ends at the end of June. I think it usually happens sometime in the next month.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FWIW, the Pac-Man GBA collection seems to have a bit of a discount at the moment. It's just over $4 in the e-shop.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Has Club Nintendo been down for a while now? I've been trying to log in for the past several days and I just get that spinning loading icon when I submit my username/password. I've tried Chrome/IE/Firefox and get the same problem. I even tried resetting my password but the Club Nintendo site just won't load.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

FWIW, the Pac-Man GBA collection seems to have a bit of a discount at the moment. It's just over $4 in the e-shop.

Pac-Land does as well, but its not as good as a deal at $3.49.

With this price, no reason not to buy Pac-Man Collection even if the sound is rather poor and the music for Arrangement and Mania are cut down.

Twerp
Feb 25, 2011
So how are Pushmo/Crashmo? Been dying for a nice pick-up-and-play puzzle game for a while, and Tetris Axis is just out of this month's meager entertainment budget.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Twerp posted:

So how are Pushmo/Crashmo? Been dying for a nice pick-up-and-play puzzle game for a while, and Tetris Axis is just out of this month's meager entertainment budget.

Pushmo is good. Haven't played Crashmo. I'd recommend March of the Minis as well if you like pipe mania type games. I think you get a lot of bang for your buck with taht game.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Twerp posted:

I just reached the credits in Pushmo last night, it scratches that same itch that Adventures of Lolo or Chu Chu Rocket also hit. The difficulty curve is nice and the presentation is great - you'll have the pushing and pulling sound effects stuck in your head for a while if you plow through it.

I just downloaded Crashmo but haven't played it yet, but it's apparently harder.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The difference between Pushmo and Crashmo is that in Crashmo the puzzle pieces fall if they aren't supported and can be moved in multiple directions. They're both fun, but I do remember several puzzles that I had to just set the game down and do something else before I could see the solution.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Atlus have had literally nothing to do with publishing games in Europe until earlier this year and them expanding in to the EU market is probably the only reason we're finally getting the game at all. I will gladly take this over another lovely botched Ghostlight release or not getting the game at all.
I'm not taking a kick up the arse and being thankful for it. Simple as.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm not taking a kick up the arse and being thankful for it. Simple as.

What? They haven't had the ability to release it until recently and now they're releasing it. Unless you're getting bent out of shape about not having a physical cart I dunno what you're on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
If you buy Pac-Land and are confused as to why the controls are backwards, there's sort of a reason for that. For starters, the original arcade version didn't have a joystick, but a series of buttons. From left to right, it was Jump (Player 1), Left, Right, and Jump (Player 2). Namco decided to mirror Player 1's arcade controls on the Famicom version by mapping the D-pad to Jump and the A/B buttons to movement. It was also one of the earlier 2D platformers and predated Super Mario Bros. by a year, so it wasn't like that kind of thing was standardized. This is only really interesting to somebody who gives a poo poo about video game history stuff, though, so whatever!

...it's me, I care too much about that kind of stuff, and also how old arcade-to-console ports turned out.

I also made a big dumb post about it on Miiverse which is easy to find because I'm probably like only one of five people that bought the game and didn't just say "the controls suck" or "why did I buy this".

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 12, 2014