Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I kinda like the Ascendants from this week's Avengers World. Glad to see somebody got around to doing something with the Monkey King from that one-shot during Fear Itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Every time I feel he's not using Namor enough Hickman goes and does something like today's NA :allears:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I do love NA's increasingly futile attempt to cram all the relevant backstory into the one-page paneled recap.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The events of this issue mean that the guy standing at the back of the New Avengers #24 cover is probably Maximus right?

I can't think who else it could be, unless maybe The Norn or The Rider survive the fight with the Illuminati and make it to the 616 universe.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
That trenchcoat and the pattern on the outfit makes it pretty clearly Maximus, I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I guess Thanos is getting out of that wack rear end crystal prison then.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

So I guess Thanos is getting out of that wack rear end crystal prison then.
That was never actually in doubt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

That was never actually in doubt.

Usually he's gone for a couple of years at least.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Usually he's gone for a couple of years at least.

Not when he is going to be in a movie this summer!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wonder if we'll see Thane and Ebony Maw again in Hickman's run or if they're stuck over in Inhumanity.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder if we'll see Thane and Ebony Maw again in Hickman's run or if they're stuck over in Inhumanity.
I couldn't care less about Thane, but Ebony Maw was a pretty interesting guy--I'd definitely like him to play a larger role at some point again.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
The looks like Namor to me actually.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

He's talking about behind Namor.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
Oh I didn't notice him until now :aaaaa:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, Namor you dick.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, when will they get to the fireworks factory!!!!

Great issue, but holy poo poo blue balls.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So this book is a metaphor for how DC is using New 52 to save their dying world but then Marvel NOW comes along and wrecks them, right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

And that they're really guilty about dwindling marketshare but only one Earth can survive and it will be the one with Namor, right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spiderdrake posted:

And that they're really guilty about dwindling marketshare but only one Earth can survive and it will be the one with Namor, right.

I'm ok with this. Sun God's :stare: at the illuminati's solution was wonderful.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Soonmot posted:

Goddamn, when will they get to the fireworks factory!!!!

Great issue, but holy poo poo blue balls.

Haha yeah. This arc does definitely feel like a permanent case of blue balls, but then I think of how frequently we get issues of Avengers/NA without delays, and even in build-up issues there's enough interesting elements or interactions that it doesn't feel like filler.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

So this book is a metaphor for how DC is using New 52 to save their dying world but then Marvel NOW comes along and wrecks them, right?
Impossible: Hope does not exist in the DCNu.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
I don't get how people complain about how Hickman never does character work while at the same time people complain about three straight issues of character development in New Avengers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
New Avengers has been fantastic from start through now, imo. The Avengers also pretty good. I loved Infinity. This whole run is the best event I've read in Marvel or DC comics.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

d00gZ posted:

I don't get how people complain about how Hickman never does character work while at the same time people complain about three straight issues of character development in New Avengers.
If only there was some way to achieve some sort of...how do you say..."happy balance" between two different approaches -- both of which are frustrating in excess -- in two different books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"We have hope."

"Well... I hope you can come up with something better." :smuggo:

Namor you glorious bastard. That panel alone was worth the price of the full comic.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Seeing Reed in NA makes me miss the Future Foundation costume. The red suit sucks.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Seeing Reed in NA makes me miss the Future Foundation costume. The red suit sucks.

It really does, I loved the hexagon logos on the FF suits but they didn't work when Johnny returned

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser

Gatts posted:

New Avengers has been fantastic from start through now, imo. The Avengers also pretty good. I loved Infinity. This whole run is the best event I've read in Marvel or DC comics.

I agree.

notthegoatseguy posted:

This too. The B/W FF suit was my favorite costume update they've done. I was hoping it'd stick around longer.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Deadpool posted:

"We have hope."

"Well... I hope you can come up with something better." :smuggo:

Namor you glorious bastard. That panel alone was worth the price of the full comic.

Also the 'If I'm going to become a murderer of worlds let's just get on with it'

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I like how in The Great Society's world the sphinx has an Apocolypse head. I want to know more about their stupid fake world!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Starsnostars posted:

I like how in The Great Society's world the sphinx has an Apocolypse head. I want to know more about their stupid fake world!

It would indeed be pretty cool if Exiles was still going.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

Yeah, I came here to mention this. That was a cool touch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was honestly expecting the Great Society to attack the Illuminati because on their world, they are the not-legion of Doom.

Also, BP telling namor "Shut the gently caress UP".

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I was honestly expecting the Great Society to attack the Illuminati because on their world, they are the not-legion of Doom.

Also, BP telling namor "Shut the gently caress UP".

Yeah I love how they actually tried to talk it out first. And Tony's "Oh God" when things really started to go to poo poo.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

It makes me think he's evil, it looks like an evil costume.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This issue has convinced me that the Bruce Banner in NA is the evil duplicate.

Banner: Hey Hank, look I fought my evil, sociopath alternate dimension counter part and put him in a prison so I could go off the grid and help you guys out. He was just like me, only he had a device installed to allow him to change into Hulk at will since he couldn't trigger the change itself.

On a completely unrelated note, I need your help to build a device I can use to change into the Hulk at the press of a button. It will really help us stop the Incursions.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

Banner: Hey Hank, look I fought my evil, sociopath alternate dimension counter part and put him in a prison so I could go off the grid and help you guys out. He was just like me, only he had a device installed to allow him to change into Hulk at will since he couldn't trigger the change itself.

On a completely unrelated note, I need your help to build a device I can use to change into the Hulk at the press of a button. It will really help us stop the Incursions.

Nope.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hakkesshu posted:

Watch it not even be a metaphor and that that's the other way they used to save the universe that they wouldn't dare talk about.

Also Namor was amazing this issue.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Namor is such a dick. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

No, I just think Hickman is covering his bases. Unlike the others, who can go back and forth with the Illuminati, Bruce is pretty much there full time. So if he's spending a lot of time cooped up in a lab, it makes sense to have some control over his transformation.

I'm really glad Hickman took his time into getting the Illuminati membership down. Bendis would've just nonsensically rushed Banner into the Illuminati, have Namor make a joke about shooting him into space, and just handwave any of the obvious questions of why Banner would join the Illuminati.

• Locked thread