Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I've been drilling holes in concrete blocks with a giant Hilti drill and a 2" dry-core bit for two days now. I can barely open my left hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I found out last night my best childhood friend is having a kid.

Kind of weirded me out. They're the same age as me and have a house and are crapping out a kid (on purpose mind you) and here I am having trouble keeping my Brita refilled.

Don't get me wrong I don't want kids anytime soon, I have a few racing notches I need to carve in my belt first. It was just weird sitting there taking it all in.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I've been drilling holes in concrete blocks with a giant Hilti drill and a 2" dry-core bit for two days now. I can barely open my left hand.

That feeling is the worst.
I did A/V work for a year, and we had a contract to mount projectors on the ceilings of every room in one of the local colleges.
Hammer-drilling 4 one-half inch holes on top of a ladder into reinforced concrete was the worst thing ever. My arms were worse than noodles.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slow is Fast posted:

Kind of weirded me out. They're the same age as me and have a house and are crapping out a kid (on purpose mind you) and here I am having trouble keeping my Brita refilled.

Don't get me wrong I don't want kids anytime soon, I have a few racing notches I need to carve in my belt first. It was just weird sitting there taking it all in.

It is a weird feeling. I just turned 27, wife is about to turn 28, and we have no kids. We're basically the only people we know that don't.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

How old are you man? It's not weird, people fall in love and want to start families. Others are married to their cars and race on weekends :v:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

leica posted:

How old are you man? It's not weird, people fall in love and want to start families. Others are married to their cars and race on weekends :v:

26, definitely in no rush or "behind the curve" or anything.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Slow is Fast posted:

26, definitely in no rush or "behind the curve" or anything.

I can hook you up. EJ for a toddler.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

iwentdoodie posted:

It is a weird feeling. I just turned 27, wife is about to turn 28, and we have no kids. We're basically the only people we know that don't.

I really really really wanted kids when I was younger.

Now I feel like I barely have time to do anything, I feel like I haven't accomplished poo poo, and I don't feel like having kids anymore, because how would I have time for that?

I hate growing up.
It's overrated.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

iwentdoodie posted:

The gf and I are both 29, so her entire FB is either people getting married(including both of our brothers) or having kids and its starting to get to her. I know its going to happen eventually to me and I need to get moving on that whole buying a ring thing. Its not that I don't intend on spending the rest of my life with her, I just never got the whole getting married thing. It just seems like a way to spend a poo poo ton of money on a piece of paper. Prolly has something to do with having divorced parents.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mafoose posted:

I really really really wanted kids when I was younger.

Now I feel like I barely have time to do anything, I feel like I haven't accomplished poo poo, and I don't feel like having kids anymore, because how would I have time for that?

I hate growing up.
It's overrated.

Well, for us we wanted kids, then found out it would be super hard, and very expensive if she tried to get pregnant. So we put it on the backburner, and now it's been almost six years.

We may adopt, but that's still a bit in the future.

We're fairly stable since I'm in the navy, but I still spend most of my time feeling like a failure being 27, not owning a house, no degree, no kids and still wondering what the gently caress the future holds.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'd love to get marroed and have a kid or two, but that would actually require a girl wanting to date me. I'm like 0-10 the last 6 months.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

I can hook you up. EJ for a toddler.

I dunno, you didn't specify what kind of EJ you wanted. I wouldn't want whatever kid you trade an EJ25 for.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

No desire at all in any way to have kids. A dog is the most responsibility I want and even that's pushing it. Maybe it'll change when I get older but so far it's a big ol NOPE. I'll settle with toys and travel for the time being. I get a dog from Mom as soon as I say I want one.

So this isn't a completely poo poo post here are puppies...

And the father 'protecting' the whelping box, looking slightly startled

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'd love to get marroed and have a kid or two, but that would actually require a girl wanting to date me. I'm like 0-10 the last 6 months.

As soon as you stop giving a poo poo about it, pussy shrapnel happens.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

meatpimp posted:

As soon as you stop giving a poo poo about it, pussy happens.

That axiom can be applied to many aspects of life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Being 35 and having a good number of younger friends, the most amusing thing I tend to see is a girl in her late 20's finding her "soul mate" and they shack up together. Then they get careless, she gets pregnant and they break up. I could go through my FB list and name maybe 8 girls who've gone through this in the last three years. All single with babies, crying because nobody wants to date a single mom.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

Quadruple this once you get married, and you're out of the running. poo poo is weird.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Not to me...I knew I should have bought that '98 ES300 with 300k+ on the clock.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Good deed for the day: found an iPhone in the middle of the street, pulled over and picked it up so it didn't get run over, and am currently waiting for the owner who called and identified it to come pick it up.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The only girl I have ever really cared about is seeing someone else, and we have also since stopped talking at all in the last couple months. I've just buried my head into games and poo poo in an attempt to try and get it off my mind, and it's not working like I thought it would :(

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

The only girl I have ever really cared about is seeing someone else, and we have also since stopped talking at all in the last couple months. I've just buried my head into games and poo poo in an attempt to try and get it off my mind, and it's not working like I thought it would :(

Yeah you and most of the people on these forums. I've found Diablo 3 works great for this type of thing.

vvv E: I was of the same mind too, vanilla D3 was a poo poo sundae but the expansion, removal of the AH and new legendary-happy loot system makes it enjoyable again.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 12, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Yeah you and most of the people on these forums. I've found Diablo 3 works great for this type of thing.

I hate Diablo 3 with a passion. Nowhere near as fun as Diablo 2 was :pcgaming:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm enjoying Path of Exile.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Slow is Fast posted:

I just view it as the opportunity to be the bad influence, who does all the cool stuff Mum won't let you. This is pretty much the role I fill for said married friends anyway, so why not their offspring?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

I got Wolfenstein New Order.

It was awesome. Dark as poo poo, and double the sex scenes as Mass Effect, but awesome.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

vvv E: I was of the same mind too, vanilla D3 was a poo poo sundae but the expansion, removal of the AH and new legendary-happy loot system makes it enjoyable again.

I agree. Hated vanilla but with the xpac it's pretty good. Hasn't held my attention like D2 but I don't play games like I used to.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Nodoze posted:

I find massive amounts of :weed: is the only thing that works for me

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress I miss playing D2 when I was in high school (gently caress me, 13 year old PC game). It was an absolute riot trying to do the hordes.

Remember LAN parties? It was the rave back in 99-2000.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

CommieGIR posted:

Have you played since RoS came out? Completely different (and better) game.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress I miss playing D2 when I was in high school (gently caress me, 13 year old PC game). It was an absolute riot trying to do the hordes.

Remember LAN parties? It was the rave back in 99-2000.

I miss LAN parties, its hard to find enough adults with the time and willingness to do it anymore.

Siochain posted:

Have you played since RoS came out? Completely different (and better) game.

I have not, but to be quite honest, I was really disappointed after purchasing Diablo 3 and a few hours gameplay, kind of turned me off of it.

Also, haven't had the time :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

leica posted:

I keep thinking that I really want to fall in love and get married and have babies, but I always get cold feet when it comes time to get serious. I'll stick to cats and racecars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I keep thinking that I really want to fall in love and get married and have babies, but I always get cold feet when it comes time to get serious. I'll stick to cats and racecars.

I think you're AI's dream woman.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ozmiander posted:

I spent SO much drat time in PoE between winter break and a couple months ago. Enjoyed it but got burnt out from 900+ hours in ~5 months.

Well long crappy day at work finally ended at 8:20. Coworker and I walked to beer garden and started drinking. He's 240lb+ old German dude, I'm 125lb and don't drink much so we're going drink for drink. 2L at piece so far. Tomorrow morning is going to loving suck. There's also some soccer on I guess.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

I got Wolfenstein New Order.

It was awesome. Dark as poo poo, and double the sex scenes as Mass Effect, but awesome.

I haven't finished New Order yet, I've only gotten up to finding the hideout so have only had one train sex scene.

drat it's good though. When you get the dual loving automatic shotguns in prison and make Nazi soup?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

I miss LAN parties, its hard to find enough adults with the time and willingness to do it anymore.

And even when you do, there's too many drat games to choose from anymore.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I have not, but to be quite honest, I was really disappointed after purchasing Diablo 3 and a few hours gameplay, kind of turned me off of it.

Also, haven't had the time :(

I get you there. Just - it is better. I played really hardcore when D3 first came out (unemployed after moving 2200km for the wifes job), and made a few hundred bucks selling digital monster-killing-things to people. Quit playing because, well, I got a job. RoS came out, had some friends say it looked good, and drat, is it ever better. Its still not D2, but then again, nothing will be - we were all like, what, 13 years younger/way different people then. The wife and I play it with her sister and brother-in-law. Or her brother. Or the other brother in law. Basically its a game we play to keep in touch from 3/4 of the way across North America.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
At this point I think I'm gonna just keep collecting toys, killing debt, and finish my house and a few projects.

Then I might try again.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I haven't played D3 since about a month after it came out. I dunno, I just found it a soulless loot grinder that didn't fulfill my need for MORE ITEMS like D2 and its various mods did.

Nowadays, I pretty much just play Europa Universalis IV because I am a huge nerd.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This poo poo is why I've taken up photography. It's a timesink, a moneypit, and a great way of dealing with stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

And even when you do, there's too many drat games to choose from anymore.

We usually had a specific game chosen ahead of time, but we usually always started with Defcon, rolled into Company of Heroes, and then into Left 4 Dead.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I haven't finished New Order yet, I've only gotten up to finding the hideout so have only had one train sex scene.

drat it's good though. When you get the dual loving automatic shotguns in prison and make Nazi soup?

Hell yes, although I love how, even with a semi-serious and dark game, they've still chosen the comedy option like dual wielding and being able to use dead Super Soldier pieces as armor.

Oh, and eat dog food. Nothing like throwbacks to the old Wolfenstein 3D.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread