Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: at Ballmer buying the Clippers. Looks like Seattle is getting a team back sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: at Ballmer buying the Clippers. Looks like Seattle is getting a team back sooner than later.

No they aren't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

gleep gloop posted:

No they aren't.

You're right. There certainly isn't any motivation for a guy that's spent most of his life in the seattle area and currently lives there to want to move his basketball team there.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Mr. Nice! posted:

nope

quote:

WSJ: So you wouldn’t move the Clippers to Seattle?

Ballmer: If I get interested in the Clippers, it would be for Los Angeles. I don’t work anymore, so I have more geographic flexibility than I did a year, year-and-a half ago. Moving them anywhere else would be value destructive.

and it's good news too this place doesn't need another mediocre sports team, we've already got two

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Eh, I could see him flip flopping. Either way it's interesting to see him do it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I didn't even know the Supersonics were no longer in Seattle.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I didn't even know the Supersonics were no longer in Seattle.

I went to a game in 2006, the ticket was like $10 and me and the group that went + maybe 30 other people were there, so I don't think even seattle noticed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

krispykremessuck posted:

I went to a game in 2006, the ticket was like $10 and me and the group that went + maybe 30 other people were there, so I don't think even seattle noticed

Sounds like the Nets before they moved to Brooklyn.

I was really only interested in the NBA when I was a kid, especially around the Dream Team era. :(

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eh, I could see him flip flopping. Either way it's interesting to see him do it.

he just payed 2 billion for a team valued at 1/4th of that. LA is a big enough market to make that up, seattle isn't

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I know what it sounds like when a city deflates after a huge loss.

Ugh gently caress the Kings.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I know what it sounds like when a city deflates after a huge loss.

Ugh gently caress the Kings.

You live in Chicago, right?

Aren't you a Cubs fan?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

this times like a billion, not only is seattle and the surrounding area not a huge market for sports, it's a really loving fickle market that normally has mediocre teams, people here do not get excited about sports, the seahawks craze last year was bizarre and very out of the ordinary. each seattle team has had its time in the spotlight once or twice, but for the most part they're mediocre to outright bad (current mariners, the post kemp/schrempf/payton sonics, the seahawks for 37 out of 38 years)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

You live in Chicago, right?

Aren't you a Cubs fan?

Right in Wrigleyville and gently caress no. The Cubs are horrible. I'm a hockey guy first and foremost.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

"He's going to move the team from the #2 to like the #16 market in the US because he's from there"-A dumbass retard with a fake disease and gay rear end car

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

"He's going to move the team from the #2 to like the #16 market in the US because he's from there"-A dumbass retard with a fake disease and gay rear end car

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

gleep gloop posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Right in Wrigleyville and gently caress no. The Cubs are horrible. I'm a hockey guy first and foremost.

I used to love the Whalers, once they left I lost any fucks I had for hockey. :(

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I used to love the Whalers, once they left I lost any fucks I had for hockey. :(

There was a natty guard lieutenant I worked with in England years ago that his life goal was to: 1. Get rich 2. Open a brewery 3. Bring the Whalers back. He was good people.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Any governor who can bring back the Whalers will pretty much get blowjobs for life in Connecticut.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hockey's pretty great. Games are over quick, no out of bounds, lots of tradition, fights still happen. It's not like the NFL where it takes 4 hours to watch 60 minutes of stop start play. Also the Bears are a generally mediocre franchise who's large fan base astonishes me.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Hockey's pretty great. Games are over quick, no out of bounds, lots of tradition, fights still happen. It's not like the NFL where it takes 4 hours to watch 60 minutes of stop start play. Also the Bears are a generally mediocre franchise who's large fan base astonishes me.

hockey sux

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
The LA vs Chicago series was pretty loving good. I thought quick was going to choke like he usually does in OT and in shootouts. Pretty bad rear end they pulled it off.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Also the Bears are a generally mediocre franchise who's large fan base astonishes me.

Much like most of the other Chicago sports teams with the Blackhawks and Bulls excluded. I don't live within range of Chicago TV stations anymore but I would always :lol: at the beginning of the NFL season when the local news people would trot out stories about the 1986 Bears as of like at least 2011.

Sucks about the Blackhawks though. :(

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
nfl ditching roman numerals for super bowl in favor of ARABIC numerals thanks obongo

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

nfl ditching roman numerals for super bowl in favor of ARABIC numerals thanks obongo

Google trends for "roman numerals"

Oh look, it spikes right at the same time as the Super Bowl because people are too stupid to understand the roman numeral system.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
L isn't as cool as X,

I promise you that is probably the reason

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Super Bowl L

Superbowll

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Lmao heat

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I guess you could say they couldn't take..the heat

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
ok i found one cool thing about baseball

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I would think the card would be worth way more, but's only like 30 bucks.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The market for baseball cards is completely dead.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Apparently it's gotten better, I think I paid about $5 for one of those a few years ago. It's in a shoebox somewhere, I guess.

Edit: They were in production for a while before Fleer noticed. There are a few versions...the unedited one, one where it's whited out, and another where its blacked out.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gleep gloop posted:

The market for baseball cards is completely dead.

Just like baseball itself

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wow. Lucky I like you otherwise that's definitely grounds for a 6 hr.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Wow. Lucky I like you otherwise that's definitely grounds for a 6 hr.

Sorry dude, but you have to admit it's in a down turn to say the least. I love going to a AAA game and drinking reasonable priced beer and hot dogs more than anyone, but the fact of the matter is the game itself is simply being forgotten.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
FOOTY TIME LADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

genderstomper58 posted:

FOOTY TIME LADS

What a wonderful time of the year. Championship finals of black guys running back and forth, World championship of brown guys running back and forth, and another season of white guys and illegals doing absolutely nothing for 162 games.

• Locked thread