Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

midnightclimax posted:

In the final episode, Chakotay shows up and it turns out everything was just a spirit quest.

in the final episode she wakes up and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i liked The Ropes, big dude gets peppersprayed and punches a clubrat in the head A+

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
show sucks but i like it

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Trip report: I got 6 minutes into Oitnb before realizing boo who cares

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
by the way nobody calls it oitnb people just call it 'orange'

i thought i should tell you so you dont seem so square :wave:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

realtalk right here. and kevin spacey's character isn't likeable in any way whatsoever, he's just a machiavellian rear end in a top hat with ill-defined motivations. even walter white was more relatable. i mean i did stop watching after six episodes, but i think i gave it a reasonable chance

also the politics are so unrealistic. and not even in a lol cartoony over-the-top way. you can tell the people who write the show really think politics is that simple and stupid. like the creator of the show was even on colbert once and he blamed the most recent government shutdown on the fact that the democrats didn't compromise

Sometimes it's nice to watch the bad guy's grand plan all come to fruition and he wins. Flawless victory.

It's like that movie Salt where the Soviets had a 30-year plan to infiltrate the highest echelons of America with sleeper agents culminating in launching US ICBMs at Mecca and Tehran ... and then Angelina Jolie shows up and ruins the whole loving thing before you get to see the world burn to ashes. Goddamn blue balls is what that movie did.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

LifeSizePotato posted:

netflix original shows aren't very good but they've got nothing on the stuff hulu puts out

Hulu gave Chipotle its own show, I wouldn't even hold them up to the same standard as Twitch.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My wife watches the show and I just doodle around on the internet while it's on and one time there was some boobs up in there but they were pretty gross and they didn't show the main character's

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mookface posted:

My wife watches the show and I just doodle around on the internet while it's on and one time there was some boobs up in there but they were pretty gross and they didn't show the main character's

They show the main character's boobs like 4 seconds into the first episode. There were a lot of boobs, people's boobs, whatever.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's a great show. You are all nuts

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Maybe it's the great tragedy of my life that I see boobs every day all day & you can't keep me entertained just by putting boobs in your show*.

*rule does not apply to movies made in the 70s

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They show the main character's boobs like 4 seconds into the first episode. There were a lot of boobs, people's boobs, whatever.

Donna from 70's Show shows her floppy boobs too

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The scene I saw was from the second season and they were all being processed or something. Also the guy from American pie was in a gay bathhouse with his dad but I do not know the context of this scene

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
i know only two people who watch the show and they're a lesbian couple makes you think

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
It's basically like a reality show, except even less real than reality shows are.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The only ways I can see people enjoying this show is if 1) they have terrible, terrible taste or 2) they haven't seen most things on TV over the last 20 years.

It's really that bad.

Edit: 3) Brain damage

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
i kinda like this show, i know it's bad but i still like it

i also nearly got through 3 seasons of true blood, i get weirdly attached to terrible shows sometimes

my taste is exquisite otherwise

IsaoHung
Jun 9, 2013

Everything they said is true
Something about watching all these people suck at life so terribly keeps me entertained enough to watch it.

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007

Literally every person I know that's seen this show has recommended it to me. Christ is gbs whiny sometimes.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You should check it out then, bring a small bag of chips

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

CCrew posted:

Literally every person I know that's seen this show has recommended it to me. Christ is gbs whiny sometimes.

Sometimes? Bitch, that's all we do.

Literally every person who has recommended this show to me has terrible taste.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

CCrew posted:

You should definitely go watch it then and report back.

:getin:

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC
i think House of Cards is terrible, but thought Oz was wacky/scary/funny/extremely 90sish. should i see oitnb

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The 100 and The Walking Dead are also very popular shows that people can't stop talking about that are poo poo.

Blue Steel posted:

i think House of Cards is terrible, but thought Oz was wacky/scary/funny/extremely 90sish. should i see oitnb

Like someone said, HoC is just Kevin Spacey outplaying dumber characters than himself and breaking the 4th wall in some attempt to be daring compared to other shows.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Sometimes? Bitch, that's all we do.

Literally every person who has recommended this show to me has terrible taste.

Bitch join my prison gang, we'gonna have a blast

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever posted that Lilliehammer is the best netflix original must not of stuck around for season 2

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The BBC House of Cards was awesome, the Netflix House of Cards is poo poo. Also OitNB is a kind of fun show to watch while you're doing something else. I actually enjoy it.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
List of shows that are actually good but no one talks about

1: justified

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007

p.crestmont posted:

You should definitely go watch it then and report back.

:getin:

Fair enough, will do.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Bastastic posted:

are any of the netflix series except lilyhammer actually good?

tpb technically

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I like Orange Is The New Black as a way to kill time while I paint models.

Nothing could have been worse than Hemlock Grove.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Orange is the new black is the same lovely character writing from weeds (increasingly abhorrent characters who make increasingly lovely decisions) just in prison instead of the suburbs, and less weed

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Orange is the new black is the same lovely character writing from weeds (increasingly abhorrent characters who make increasingly lovely decisions) just in prison instead of the suburbs, and less weed

I thought that the first season or two of weeds actually had some pretty good jokes before jenji tried to turn it into some sort of gangster thriller melodrama, but I don't have a PhD in humour so don't quote me on that.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

cat doter posted:

List of shows that are actually good but no one talks about

1: justified

pretty much

justified is criminally overlooked while boring shows like oitb get groundswell

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Prallax Litovsk posted:

I thought that the first season or two of weeds actually had some pretty good jokes before jenji tried to turn it into some sort of gangster thriller melodrama, but I don't have a PhD in humour so don't quote me on that.

I always felt that despite being a ***kind of*** cool idea, Weeds was very obviously written by a committee of bad writers that had studio execs breathing down their necks. The fact that they literally burned down everything at the end of season 2 (?) to start a brand new show with 75% of the same characters was laughable.

It was still better than this show, though.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
and poo poo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It was a different kind of poo poo; I'd still rather watch a PBS fundraiser.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
all shows are bad. Television, or the "electric jew", is a ploy to eradicate the white race by promoting homosexuality, race-mixing and materialism.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
how many aging celebrity bewbs do we get to see.

this is all i care about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
A militant feminist ultra-bitchy lesbian I go to school with loves it, so that's all I really needed to know about the show.

• Locked thread