Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Its been a while since I read or watched Ghost in the Shell but it's probably some futuristic delayed-detonation bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Have you ever almost succeeded in holding in a sneeze? Same principle at work.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Krinkle posted:

Have you ever almost succeeded in holding in a sneeze? Same principle at work.

And incidentally, if you do manage to hold a sneeze, the same thing will happen as in the gif.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

And incidentally, if you do manage to hold a sneeze, the same thing will happen as in the gif.

If you burp, fart, and sneeze at the same time you'll die.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

If you burp, fart, and sneeze at the same time you'll die.

That's what killed the dinosaurs!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mogomra posted:

Obviously the bullet entered his cyberbrain and then exploded. :rolleye:

Look closer. The window shatters, they look at the window shatter, then the bullet goes in his head. Oldstench answered it anyway.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Tracula posted:

The gif is broken for me :(

drat, the place I uploaded to just ate it. :mad: I'd have to start it over from scratch. Shame, it was a nice loop, too.

Edit: Moved to a new post.

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Jun 12, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IUG posted:

That's what killed the dinosaurs!

It would be weird to be the second brain in the butt of the dinosaur after the first one blew up.

Unrelated gif for the giflords:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Decided to try it again:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

Decided to try it again:

Not much of a fire if it can't even singe his clothes. :colbert:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

syscall girl posted:

It would be weird to be the second brain in the butt of the dinosaur after the first one blew up.

Oh man I have to know the source on this. I love it so much.

e: is there a way to avatarize the dancing shaker?
e2: nm even just thumbnailed that looks pretty rough

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gyroscopic stabilization?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

VendaGoat posted:

Gyroscopic stabilization?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6p-1J551Y

I sort of want one.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You know I used to think the only way to make low rider shows and gatherings not boring would be to make them battle. Whoever finally put two and two together needs a loving Pulitzer.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Ghostpilot posted:

Decided to try it again:

The :thumbsup: is loving killing me.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

I totally want a CG gyro-cube too!

guuoqo
Nov 21, 2013

quote:

Multirotors and intoxication are fun DO NOT MIX

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

Decided to try it again:

This is still amazing to me. Any other studio probably would have decided to rig up something with some red lights and clever cutting to represent hot coals. These guys just went "Ah, let's just use actual burning coals. Good luck, Jackie!"

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ghostpilot posted:

Decided to try it again:

Jackie is absolutely insane and I love it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pope Mobile posted:

I totally want a CG gyro-cube too!

uh huh
http://phys.org/news/2013-12-zurich-team-cubli-video.html

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I want to see them really shake it up.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm looking forward to programmable loaded dice.

Vegas might get a bit suspicious when I use a 15cm die though.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.

syscall girl posted:

That's mesmerizing.

Have a gif:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

What exactly am I looking at here? I know there's some people seriously into pinball, but does that count as cheating?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pinball machines have sensors that detect if you're trying to angle the machine one way or the other to get the ball to go where you want. Dude straight up moved the entire table under the ball instead without tilting it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

What exactly am I looking at here? I know there's some people seriously into pinball, but does that count as cheating?

That definitely seems extreme but most Pinball tables do have a certain tolerance for being nudged, with most modern tables that aren't super-old having a tilt sensor which "kills" you and costs you your ball (your paddles lock and the ball drops off the bottom). While I'm not specifically familiar with the rules I think there could be a rule that anything which doesn't set off the sensor is fair game for tournament play.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Kingdom of Heaven

Watch the director’s cut.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

Kingdom of Heaven
Watch the director’s cut.

Literally the truest words ever spoken.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Say Nothing posted:

Jackie Chan, breaking two piles of concrete blocks while holding a raw egg in his hand.

That's from "Wetten das...?", a german show where people bet some stuff. Janna (some women) bet she could do this 5 times with a raw egg in her hand. Jackie is her "Wett-Partner" and is asked if the bet is possible. He says "I believe yes, i mean, i could do it... *laughter* ....but i didn't say that she could do it. It's a bit difficult.........yes, very difficult........i think it won't work."

On her first try she breaks the eggs and the blocks, also on the second. Bet lost. So they let Jackie try it.

Janna 4:44 Jackie 6:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiGhDLRqkw

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

:stare: I can't even imagine the amount of control that's required there.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Phuzzy posted:

:stare: I can't even imagine the amount of control that's required there.

I don't understand German, but based on what they're pantomiming after the fact, I think he's being sneaky and hitting it with his forearm instead of his hand, so he doesn't crush the egg. So it wouldn't really take any more control than it would to normally break the blocks with your forearm (which I imagine is a lot. Any time I've hit my forearm on anything, it really hurts).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wa11y posted:

I don't understand German, but based on what they're pantomiming after the fact, I think he's being sneaky and hitting it with his forearm instead of his hand, so he doesn't crush the egg. So it wouldn't really take any more control than it would to normally break the blocks with your forearm (which I imagine is a lot. Any time I've hit my forearm on anything, it really hurts).

Also some people think you need to be delicate with an egg, but if you try to crush one in your palm without using a finger to poke it, it's drat near impossible.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Wa11y posted:

I watched the whole thing now (had to take a break from Gottschalk jokes) and you are right.
From 7:18
Jackie: There's a technic to it, wrist/forearm (difficult to understand) and your head. With the hand alone it's to difficult.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

RabbitWizard posted:

I watched the whole thing now (had to take a break from Gottschalk jokes) and you are right.
From 7:18
Jackie: There's a technic to it, wrist/forearm (difficult to understand) and your head. With the hand alone it's to difficult.

He was basically saying don't be a dumbass using the hand that's holding the egg. Just use your forearm, you moron. I guess whether that's cheating or not depends on the exact wording of the bet.

• Locked thread