Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Aaaaah I love that song so much I've been posting it everywhere and listening to it constantly irl, it's getting me stupid pumped for the world cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
poo poo yeah, legitimately my new alarm and will continue to be for the foreseeable future

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Tongues posted:

I'm sure a couple of you guys would have seen this, but if you haven't - prepare for a serious earworming. Melbourne band Vaudeville Smash has teamed up with Les "TISM don't know my nationality but my background is Hungarian" Murray to create an anthem talking about how good Zuzu is. Check that poo poo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOLGifnMJk

That owns. I love Les Murray.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah I like it a lot. Beats the hell out of the 'official' Australian song.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

What's the 'official' song? I only know this one, the Pitbull one and the Shakira one so far

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bg54MVGw04

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
SBS has ruined me and aside from the PES football (soccer) song bright lights bigger city is the most football song imo

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

Yeah I like it a lot. Beats the hell out of the 'official' Australian song.

Ha, just saw this: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/zinedine-zidane-is-les-murray-the-world-cups-newest-pop-star-20140609-zs1pl.html

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Tongues posted:

I'm sure a couple of you guys would have seen this, but if you haven't - prepare for a serious earworming. Melbourne band Vaudeville Smash has teamed up with Les "TISM don't know my nationality but my background is Hungarian" Murray to create an anthem talking about how good Zuzu is. Check that poo poo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOLGifnMJk

Yeah this is so good and from my little burb in Coburg, I've been to that Servo before (it's on Sydney rd)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

at least the unofficial world cup song is bogan as gently caress alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBlrvtaQKCE

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

dj_pain posted:

at least the unofficial world cup song is bogan as gently caress alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBlrvtaQKCE

Nice. Which one of you cunts is this

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
ARRRRGGGH HOLY gently caress ITS SO CLOSE YOU GUYS

aaaaaaarrggghhhh

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

ONE MORE SLEEP

EDIT TWO UNTIL WE PLAY

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

my stepdads beer posted:

ONE MORE SLEEP

EDIT TWO UNTIL WE PLAY

NO SLEEPS IF WE STAY AWAKE

WOOOooo if no sleeps then it's today!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
SBS are starting their coverage at 11pm tonight and will not stop showing football related content on SBS 1 until 845am tommorow morning. Strap yourselves in lads!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
SOCCER BLOODY SOCCER chants across the nation

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

gabensraum posted:

SOCCER BLOODY SOCCER chants across the nation

Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer).

e: I get really bad SBS reception out here, anywhere I can stream it online?

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 12, 2014

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

TG-Chrono posted:

Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer), Football (Soccer).

e: I get really bad SBS reception out here, anywhere I can stream it online?

SBS apparently have live streaming too

also all games on demand afterwards so you can gently caress the 2am ones off, apart frmo ours ofc

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

my stepdads beer posted:

SBS apparently have live streaming too

also all games on demand afterwards so you can gently caress the 2am ones off, apart frmo ours ofc

SBS will stream all 64 2014 FIFA World Cup matches live online on The World Game website, with interactive multi-streams, enabling users to watch the match from six different angles, and up to four simultaneously. It will also feature full match replays and multi-angle replay functionality.

:newfap:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

get excite

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TG-Chrono posted:

SBS will stream all 64 2014 FIFA World Cup matches live online on The World Game website, with interactive multi-streams, enabling users to watch the match from six different angles, and up to four simultaneously. It will also feature full match replays and multi-angle replay functionality.

Wow holy poo poo, that's amazing! I had no idea.

The future is now :eyepop:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I'm hype

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TG-Chrono posted:

I voted for Clive Palmer but if I knew about this I would have voted for NBN Ruddy

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
It's sad that Clive Palmer's party is actually viewed as a genuine alternative to our two major parties

also SBS playing a retrospective on the 06 World Cup omg

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
If Clive had followed through with his rebel Football Federation to its logical conclusion we could have been having a World Cup in Australia right now, instead of watching games played in a third world shithole in some ungodly time zone under the malevolent eye of Sepp Blatter.

Cliveball forever!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
"It just had to be Harry."

Such a good line.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/06/13/watch-live-now-sbs

Morning goons, lets watch Croatia get demolished.

e: Non Martin Tyler edition: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/worldcupvideo/item?vh-video=1239278&vh-asset=2&vh-match=1

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 12, 2014

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hearing Ned Zelic lose his poo poo post match almost made me thing he is a good pundit

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Byolante posted:

Hearing Ned Zelic lose his poo poo post match almost made me thing he is a good pundit

What was he saying? I had to leave the house straight after the final whistle so missed it

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

webmeister posted:

What was he saying? I had to leave the house straight after the final whistle so missed it

His best line was on the penalty for Brazil. Zdrilla asked what did they think about the penalty and he responded 'That wasn't a penalty' so Zdrilla said 'Well it was a soft penalty then' to which he lost his poo poo and said 'That wasn't a penalty, it wasn't even a soft penalty. Its calls like that that make people question the integrity of football'

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Byolante posted:

His best line was on the penalty for Brazil. Zdrilla asked what did they think about the penalty and he responded 'That wasn't a penalty' so Zdrilla said 'Well it was a soft penalty then' to which he lost his poo poo and said 'That wasn't a penalty, it wasn't even a soft penalty. Its calls like that that make people question the integrity of football'

Integrity in the FIFA world cup haha master troll

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
It's so loving close boys, so loving close. I've been camped in the lounge room for the past week and will be for a month - every couple of hours I wake up and drink through another game. My girlfriend has essentially written off this entire month and the final will fall on my birthday

I'm the happiest motherfucker alive :australia:

I

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress Lucys necklace thing is bright, it's like the raiders of the lost ark

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
That Van Persie goal hooooly poo poo

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Haha thanks Spain for setting the bar so low, we can get thrashed and not be embarrassed nearly as much :)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Goffer posted:

Haha thanks Spain for setting the bar so low, we can get thrashed and not be embarrassed nearly as much :)

Yeah but now they'll take it out on us. Like drunk Dad.

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.
I got Australia in my work's World Cup drawing. At first I was sad, but then I remembered that this is sports and anything can happen in sports, right?

Right?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Captain Geech posted:

I got Australia in my work's World Cup drawing. At first I was sad, but then I remembered that this is sports and anything can happen in sports, right?

Right?

Yes. We could lose by single OR double digits!

Death is certain sorry.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
According the the sports prophet Nate silver we have a 7.8% chance of progressing though the group stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Captain Geech posted:

Right?

It just did, hell, it could happen again.

• Locked thread